Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: AUSTRALIA NEEDS TO REPENT !!!..thank you for the rain Lord!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Lyn McSweeney

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04/20/2007 at 2:50pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

IT NEEDS TO SEE THAT THE LORD HAS BEEN IN A DROUGHT SITUATION TOO.

HE HAS BEEN CALLLING TO HIS CHILDREN COME TO ME SUBMIT TO ME WHO HAS HEARD???

HIS HEART CRIES FOR US TO GIVE HIM A DRINK!!!!!

SURRENDER OURSELVES TO HIM..

WE NEED TO SEEK HIS FACE  NOT JUST HIS HAND!!!

HEALING AT THE TOUCH OF HIS HAND

Tears of repentance

Brings rain to the soil

It will bring ease of living

No more toil

We will see Fathers hand

Move this way and that

Touching his children

On their knees

Where they’re at

Tears of repentance

Brings healing you know

In arid pastures

New green shoots will grow

Stone hearts turn to flesh

At the touch of his hand

He loves us so much

But do we understand

We must repent from our sinful ways

Of worshipping idols

From giving them praise

Tears of repentance

Will touch Fathers heart

He will release healing

To every part

Apr 19, 2007, 5:35 GMT

Sydney - Australians should pray for rain as the worst drought on record has parched the nation's prime agricultural land and put domestic supplies at risk, Prime Minister John Howard said Thursday.

Without heavy rains in the Murray-Darling basin in the next six weeks farmers won't get an allocation for irrigation so that townsfolk further down the river system can be assured of drinking water.

'It's a grim situation and there's no point in pretending to the Australian public otherwise,' Howard told reporters in Canberra. 'We must all hope and pray there is rain.'

Householders in major cities are already on tight water restrictions and these are likely to be tightened further to cope with a changing climate where temperatures are higher and rainfall is lower.

Murray-Darling farmers account for a third of agricultural production and three-quarters of irrigated acreage like vineyards and orchards.

Howard refused to say whether farmers whose wells were dry would be forced out of business.

'It will be another blow if it doesn't rain, that's self-evident, but I don't want to start using these apocalyptic terms in a general fashion,' Howard said. 'We know already that the drought has taken up to three-quarters to 1 per cent off our growth - the longer it goes on the harder the impact.'

New South Wales Irrigators Council chief executive Doug Miell said orchards of oranges, grapes, olives and almonds would not survive the hot summer without water pumped from the Murray-Darling.

'The quality of their produce, if there is any, will be a lot lower than it ever has been and I would suspect most of them would be struggling for income and struggling to survive,' Miell said.

Grape-grower Bill Caddy predicted the cut in water supplies would force many farmers off the land. 'If we don't get rain in the catchment areas we are going to be in diabolical trouble,' he said.

His alarm was echoed by Winemakers Federation chief Stephen Strachan, who said the country's next wine vintage could be crippled because over half of it was produced in the Murray-Darling.

Opposition Labor Party deputy leader Julia Gillard blamed the Howard government for the water crisis, saying its refusal to sign the Kyoto Protocol on curbing climate change was evidence of its indifference.

'Unless this country addresses the challenge of climate change, future water shortages and future droughts may go from bad to worse,' Gillard said. 'A mob of climate change sceptics can't fix climate change for

Edited by Lyn McSweeney on 06/09/2007 at 4:24pm

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 04/20/2007 at 5:35pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

FATHER I REPENT...

For following the ways of man and not your ways

For being just religious and causing people to be confused as to what true Christianity is..and the pain that must have caused them ...I AM SO SORRY..

For exalting man into the place that is just meant for you Jesus

For fearing man and compromising myself just to be accepted

For pointing my finger at those I felt were wrong..what a hypocrite I was !!!

For being unforgiving for holding on to hurts...

LORD PLEASE FORGIVE ME OF THESE THINGS AND BRING TO MY MIND ANYTHING ELSE...

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!

Mary Lindow

Posted: 04/21/2007 at 12:30am | IP Logged Quote Mary Lindow

PROPHETIC INSIGHTS REGARDING AUSTRALIA
Mary Lindow

The Lord impressed me with a picture of a Large white tent filled with
Believers worshipping the Lord along the edge of the ocean. These tents
then began to expand starting in Perth Australia, and "grew" in size all
along the entire surrounding costal borders of the entire nation of
Australia. The sound coming up out of the tents becomes a roar of
repentance and intercession. It grew louder and louder as believers were
crying out to heaven for protection and for water.

THE LORD WOULD SPEAK TO AUSTRALIA AND SAYS THESE WORDS.

"This tent is the hedge of protection I desire to for you to spiritually erect
around your costal borders. You will tabernacle with Me in the place of
Prayer. Perth has had a passion and flame inspired through unity in
prayer and it is now spreading and expanding its tent pegs as I increase
your momentum in prayer for your nation and other nations."

Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me;
At his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the LORD.
Psalm 27:6

"Repent for embracing false gods, eastern religious influences, and
relaxed attitudes towards exploited pleasure and sexual freedoms. Return
to me Land of the Holy Spirit and I will cause the South winds to blow rain
upon your crops, and Rain from Heavens' hands into your places of
prayer."

"COME BACK TO ME AUSTRALIA!”
Come back to simplicity and stalwart integrity. Who has bewitched you
into complacent action in purity of heart? Cast off the garment of
seduction and put on the garment of praise and begin to violently accost
the powers of "spiritual hypnosis" through cleansing your hearts of
hidden idols and pleasures. Replace them with grace, self-control, mercy,
and loving kindness."

They worshiped their idols,
Which became a snare to them.
Psalm 106:36

ANOTHER INSIGHT FROM THE LORD THAT I AM TO SHARE IS
HIS HEART TOWARDS THE FARMERS IN THE LAND.
The Lord said to encourage those in the farming communities who are
Christians to organized gatherings for prayer and blessing over their land
and crops. The Lord calls this "Sowing in Prayer." He in turn will water the
seed of heartfelt prayer, expressed in unity and others will be drawn to
the amazing results of prayer.

AUSTRALIA WILL ALSO HAVE A BACKLASH OF PRE-MEDITATED ISLAMIC
UPRISINGS FROM HIDDEN IRRITANTS NOW WELL ENTRENCHED IN THE
NATION. Believers must now make a decision for either tolerance or truth.
Complacency will be addressed by the Lord through young fiery men and
women of God who do not fear even death for the sake of the Power of
the Cross and Resurrected Savior. A Clash of cultures will bring about a
wave of salvation and powerful demonstrations of the Holy Spirit.

TASMANIA AND NEW ZEALAND WILL HAVE WHAT APPEARS TO BE
IN A SPIRITUAL SENSE, "WILDFIRES LIT BY THE HAND OF GOD."
Young people praying day and night alongside elderly humble saints who
have prayed for years that God would revisit them in power will
experience heavenly refreshing and fresh worship music will be released
in these sacrificial gatherings of prayer.

Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out,
That times of refreshing may come from the Lord.
Acts 3:19

AUSTRALIA! LET THE GLORY OF THE LORD RISE AMONG YOU!
GET UP TO THE TENT OF PRAYER!
Stretch your tent pegs until a tent of Prayer hedges in your nation. This is
your heritage and richest export says the Spirit of God!”

Duplication and sharing of this message is welcomed provided that
complete message and website information for Mary Lindow is included.
Thank You. Copyright © 2007 " THE MESSENGER " ~ Mary Lindow
www.marylindow.com

“Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser, Mentor a righteous man, and he will increase his learning.” Proverbs 9:9

View Mary Lindow's Profile Search for other posts by Mary Lindow Visit Mary Lindow's Homepage
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 04/21/2007 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

((((((((((((((((((MARY)))))))))))))))
God bless you for all you have done for in this country in prayer and visits..
I love you!!!!

2 emails I received because of this post
Hi Lyn,
I hope you don't mind me emailing you about this- you may even already be aware of it but a National Solemn Assembly was held in Canberra in March. It was organised by the Australian Prayer Network but had several other prayer networks involved as well as many regional centres. As the process leading up to it is long and I am a very slow typist, I will refer you to their website for the details.
Unfortunately I was unable to get to Canberra or even a regional meeting for that matter, but a couple of my friends attended and there was deep heartfelt repentance for the 6 main focusses of the Assembly.
Whilst we still haven't seen significant rain as a result of the repentance, I believe it has been a forerunner for more widespread repentance as has been seen at my local church and also at a conference I attended in NSW last weekend. 
It may take extreme circumstance for the majority of Australians to get passed the "she'll be right mate" attitude, and reach out to our God.

Edited by Lyn McSweeney on 04/22/2007 at 1:57pm

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 04/21/2007 at 6:45pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

OH WOW JOE HAS JUST TOLD ME HE WROTE THIS PRIOR TO READING MY POST!!!

"A PRAYER FOR AUSTRALIA"

I would send a prayer up to Father in the name of Yahshuah, via Holy Spirit, for your country and the dire conditions of drought that you are in at the present time...

Most Holy Father in Heaven, I come before You at Your Holy Throne of Grace in this time of Australia's need, of rain not only for the crops, but for the people...

Holy Father, You know who Your Chosen Ones are in Australia, and you know their every need and every desire, their every pain, as well as their every thought before they speak it...  I now ask You Most Holy Father, for Your showers of blessing and winds of refreshing "in the natural" as well as "in the Spiritual" for Your saints in Australia, the land "down under..."  In Your Word You wrote that You would send rain on the just as well as the unjust, but I am asking now, that You send relief for Your Chosen Ones...  Have mercy on them by sending Your rain upon their livestock, their crops, and their homes... 

Most Holy Father, You are totally just in all that You say and do, but I pray for an intervention in this famine of drought...  Rebuke the devourer for the sake of Your Chosen Ones, that "all" in Australia will see and know that the Elohim of of Elohim's has done this and none other!!!  Show Yourself great and Mighty in and through Your actions and through Your Chosen Ones!!!

You have caused the drought in Texas to be broken, and I pray that the people will not thank the weatherman, but thank You, for it is through and by You, Yahshuah, and Holy Spirit alone, that these things come forth...  "All good things come from the Father of Lights above, in whom there is not turning of shadow..."  Amen!!!

I lift up the saints in Australia, and I call out to them to send up Praise, Thanksgiving and minister unto You in the Holy of Holies, most Holy Father, in the name of Yahshuah, and by Holy Spirit!!!

You are our Holy Father, Yahwah, and we worship You in Truth and in Spirit wherever we are and at all times of the night and day!!!  Continually, our praise pours forth from our spirits and out our mouths ascending unto You as a sweet smelling incense...

Speak clearly to us, Your called out and Chosen Ones, giving us instruction in correcting wrongs, and making amends and asking forgiveness for the sins of our fathers and forefathers, even as Your servant Daniel did!!! 

Sweep over us with Your Spirit of conviction, that we all may fall on our faces before You, repenting of our haughtiness, pride and self righteousness, that we all may be washed by the Water of Your Word, by Your Most Holy Spirit!!!  Amen!!!  and Amen!!!

your humble servant,

yosef

Edited by Lyn McSweeney on 04/22/2007 at 6:44pm

Keith Bates

Posted: 04/21/2007 at 10:36pm | IP Logged Quote Keith Bates

I'm so excited aobut the possibilities for our nation at this time.

It is a long time since any Australian Prime Minister has called the nation to pray for any purpose.

The intercessors of this nation now have both the authority of heaven and of earth to pray- not just for "rain" but for RAIN!

• For the rain of the Holy Spirit in this nation
  • For the physical rain to refresh the earth
  • For the rain which will be so overwhelming it not only ends the drought, it actually changes the climate permanently
  • For the spiritual rain that will see the gospel flourish in this nation
  • For the rain which will soak through every part of the fabric of this nation- government, households, business, schools, cities, towns, remote outposts

Come Holy Spirit! Come and wash this wide brown land!

Amen!

View Keith Bates's Profile Search for other posts by Keith Bates Visit Keith Bates's Homepage
Keith Bates

Posted: 04/21/2007 at 10:43pm | IP Logged Quote Keith Bates

A further thought- we need to break the curses spoken over this nation by people proclaiming a hotter, drier climate. This is not of the Lord. The Lord has actually wanted Australia to be as fruitful as the USA but because of our addiction to sin it has not happened.

The early explorers were convinced that there was a vast inland sea in the heart of the continent. They were seeing the plans of the Lord for this nation but for a variety of reasons drought and desert have taken over. When this nation truly repents, there will be so much rain in the Murray-Darling Basin and in the western parts of Queensland that NSW will be permanently green and Lake Eyre will be permanently full!

This drought has got worse because the climate change promoters and the Greens and the alarmists have been proclaiming that Australia is destined for permanent drought.

We must break this hateful curse and begin to speak blessings over the land

Blessings

Keith
View Keith Bates's Profile Search for other posts by Keith Bates Visit Keith Bates's Homepage
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 04/21/2007 at 11:09pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Keith Bates wrote:
A further thought- we need to break the curses spoken over this nation by people proclaiming a hotter, drier climate. This is not of the Lord. The Lord has actually wanted Australia to be as fruitful as the USA but because of our addiction to sin it has not happened.

The early explorers were convinced that there was a vast inland sea in the heart of the continent. They were seeing the plans of the Lord for this nation but for a variety of reasons drought and desert have taken over. When this nation truly repents, there will be so much rain in the Murray-Darling Basin and in the western parts of Queensland that NSW will be permanently green and Lake Eyre will be permanently full!

This drought has got worse because the climate change promoters and the Greens and the alarmists have been proclaiming that Australia is destined for permanent drought.

We must break this hateful curse and begin to speak blessings over the land

Blessings

Keith

YES AMEN KEITH!!!!!

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 04/21/2007 at 11:10pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

WHEN TWO AND THREE GATHERED TOGETHER!!!

WE STAND IN AGREEMENT!!!

Edited by Lyn McSweeney on 04/21/2007 at 11:12pm

Gayle Getz

Posted: 04/22/2007 at 11:36am | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS ALL Brothers & Sisters we stand in agreement according to Matt.18:19 & will continue to decree, "OUR JESUS died for every person and ALL of creation, and set us ALL free from the curse of the law of sin and death...HE shed HIS precious BLOOD AND as the WORD tells us without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. Australia, you have a blood covenant ratified, sealed & guaranteed by the righteousness of Christ. We join with our righteous Brothers & Sisters living in Australia and lean heavy upon this BLOOD COVENANT in calling forth the Righteousness of Christ.  RIGHTEOUSNESS SPEAKS, "I WILL FREE YOU PRISONERS FROM THE WATERLESS PIT.  RETURN TO GOD YOUR FORTRESS, O' PRISONERS OF HOPE', EVEN (((NOW))) I ANNOUNCE THAT I WILL RESTORE TWICE AS MUCH TO YOU." THIS IS THE 4TH WATCH-PSALM 115:16 TELLS US, "THE HEAVENS ARE THE HEAVENS OF THE LORD, BUT  THE EARTH HE HAS GIVEN TO THE SONS OF MEN...GOD HAS GIVEN THROUGH CHRIST JESUS'S MINISTRY, DEATH, RESURRECTION & ASCENSION ALL AUTHORITY OVER THE EARTH BACK TO MEN!  WE TAKE THIS AUTHOITY IN THE NAME OF JESUS AND IN THE POWER OF HIS SHED BLOOD, WE COMMAND THE DROUGHT TO GET OUT OF AUSTRALIA NOW!!! WE CALL FORTH  LIFE-SUSTAINING RAIN TO FILL THE LAKES,STREAMS, & RIVERS NOW!!! WE CLAIM FORGIVENESS FOR ALL UNHOLINESS IN AUSTRALIA ACCORDING TO JOB 22:30, "HE WILL DELIVER EVEN ONE WHO IS NOT INNOCENT; WHO WILL BE DELIVERED THROUHG THE CLEANNESS OF YOUR HANDS." !WE WILL BE STANDING IN TOTAL AGREEMENT HERE WITH THIS OUR DECLARATION BROTHERS & SISTERS  AND WE WILL SEE THE GLORY OF GOD MOVE ACROSS AUSTRALIA...TO ALMIGHTY GOD BE ALL GLORY, HONOR & PRAISE !!! HALLELUJAH ! \o/\o/\o/   Love you ALL

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 04/22/2007 at 2:27pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

YESYESYES GAYLE AMEN!!!!!!

COME HOLY SPIRIT

Come Holy Spirit move over this country

Come Holy Spirit move over this land

Come pour your Spirit of truth over us

Come move by your mighty hand

Your Spirit of grace breaks the chains that bind us

Your Spirit of truth brings us to you

Come breathe on us all Holy Spirit

Refresh us Lord anew

Break all those religious mind sets

Moving only in law

Touch our hearts precious Jesus

So your Spirit is all in all

Release us into your true worship

So we can dance as David did

Cleanse us all with your Holy Fire

So we can of our flesh be rid

So come now move upon this country

Come now move upon this land

Pour your Spirit over us now

Heal us with your healing hand

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 04/29/2007 at 9:29pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Shalom Lyn,

As I was just reading over your post on O.H. of "Australia Needs To Repent" as I came to the end, I heard in my spirit, the voice of HOLY SPIRIT say these words....  "Speak to that which is not, as though it were..."  Again, I say, concerning Australia, the drought, and repentance....  "Speak to that which is not, as though it were..."  This is how our Heavenly Father created the worlds, the far reaches of space, time and eternity...  Se'lah~

Again, I hear the voice of the Spirit of Prophecy "Holy Spirit" say this...  Have I not given you the authority and power in "MY name" to rebuke the devourer "satan" and instructed you to resist him and he would flee???!!!  I would further admonish you to not rail out at satan, but inquire of MY Spirit of Wisdom and HE/SHE shall instruct you...  (If you don't believe that Wisdom is referred to as she, then go and re-read Proverbs... Se'lah~)  "I have called out, I have ordained, I have empowered, I have trained, and I have anointed MY Chosen Ones for such a time as this, therefore, arise to the occasion MY Called Out and Chosen Ones!!!  Rally the saints around MY Standard, and carry forth the commission that I AM has called you to do in this last hour of this age!!!  Hear the voice of Wisdom as HE/SHE stands at your shoulder and speaks MY Words into your ear!!!  Hear the Clarion call of your Heavenly Father as HE speaks through HIS Son & Holy Set Apart Spirit!!!  Have I not spoken in MY Word that in these last days that I have spoken and shown MYSELF in the form of a Son???  MY Holy first begotten Son!!!  Did not MY Son state in the Gospels that it was expedient that HE return to ME that I should send you the Promise???  I did send my Promised HOLY SET-APART SPIRIT, that you would not be left as orphans, that MY Son could be with all of you in and through all things!!!  HOLY SPIRIT has full authority (Power of Attorney) to speak in MY behalf and MY Son's behalf...  The very same Spirit that searches MY mind, the deep things of ME "YAHWAH" and reveals them to you, MY Chosen Ones...  MY Son finished HIS assignment on earth and passed the baton "The Great Commission" on to you, HIS Apostles, HIS Disciples, HIS Chosen Ones...  You know who you are, for MY Spirit bears witness with your spirit, though you do not "flaunt" your calling...  You will be recognized for who and what you are by the other true believers as they will have the same witness of who you are, by Holy Spirit...

Obey, the call of HOLY SPIRIT, do not shrink back from the Holy Calling that I have placed on you...  "Obedience is better than sacrifice..." 

One final word of caution to MY Beloved Chosen Ones, do not do as Saul did when HE tried to preempt MY Orders....  Wait for the call, the voice of Holy Spirit within you...  Do not attempt to deliver before the time and do not abort the mission...  Great is your reward, Great is your reward MY Chosen Ones, for being Obedient even unto death for MY names sake!!! 

I AM HE WHO IS FAITHFUL AND TRUE, AND I CAUSE MY WORD TO NOT RETURN UNTO ME VOID...  MY WORD SHALL ACCOMPLISH THAT WHICH I HAVE SENT IT TO DO!!!  AMEN!!!

yosef~

Keith Bates

Posted: 04/30/2007 at 5:03pm | IP Logged Quote Keith Bates

Just quickly skimming through these posts, the Lord whispered to me that the National Day of Thanksgiving (May 26) is going to be a significant day for Australia. I've been feeling for some time that May is a month of transition, but now the Lord is narrowing it down to that day, and the following day, Pentecost.

Let's really lay it all at the Father's feet over the next few weeks, and ask that His plans for this wide brown land would come to fruition.

Praise God!

Blessings

Keith
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 04/30/2007 at 5:51pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

YES KEITH WILL DO!!!!

(((HUGS))

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 06/09/2007 at 4:21pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

FATHER I THANK YOU FOR THE RAIN THAT IN SOME PLACES HAS BECOME A DELUGE AND A FLOOD!!!

LET US HEAR YOUR VOICE IN THE MIDST OF THE STORM..SAYING

"COME TO ME, SEE MY POWER INYOUR MIDST...SEE THAT YOUR FLESH CAN DO NOTHING BUT IN ME YOU HAVE POWER... EVEN IN YOUR WORDS, THE  WORDS THAT I PLACE INYOUR MOUTH...ALLOW ME TO BREATH IN YOU!!! ALLOW ME TO TOUCH THE HOT COAL TO YOUR LIPS!!!...ALLOW ME!!!!! "

Print-friendy versionPrint Email this storyEmail

Friday, 8 June 2007. 19:58 (AEST)

Frantic search for 5 feared missing in floods

Click for larger image.

Water floods past a paddock full of trees on a property at Glen William between Clarence Town and Dungog. (user submitted - Annika Whale)user submitted

Emergency services are involved in a search for at least five people after a car was swept off the road on the New South Wales Central Coast.

Earlier reports suggested up to nine people had been involved in the incident.

The ambulance service says the car was carrying two adults and two children when it was swept off a collapsed section of the flooded Old Pacific Highway at Somersby.

Police say a bystander tried to go to the aid of the group.

The ambulance service had earlier said up to five people jumped into the water.

The empty car has been found.

Jennifer Pedvin from the ambulance service says a massive search is under way for those missing.

She says ambulance crews, police, and the State Emergency Service are searching frantically.

The Pacific Highway is closed in both directions at Wisemans Ferry.

Meanwhile, the search for a four-wheel drive vehicle that has reportedly been swept into a creek at Clarence Town in the Hunter Valley has been suspended for the night because of bad weather.

An aerial search has failed to find any trace of a car with two elderly people on board, that was reportedly swept off a bridge at Clarence Town.

Flooding

Floodwaters are causing havoc in other areas of the central coast, stranding 500 children at a local college at Tuggerah.

Police say people separated from their families are being taken to Wyong Leagues Club.

The State Emergency Service in New South Wales says it has been receiving 250 calls an hour as the severe weather continues to cause flooding, bring down trees and damage buildings.

Some residents on the central coast could be without power for several days.

Energy Australia says about 60,000 homes have lost power in today's storm.

Kylie Yates from Energy Australia says most of them are on the central coast and crews are working hard to restore electricity.

"But some maybe without power into tomorrow and even into Sunday we expect, if the weather continues to worsen as it has been," she said.

SES spokesman Phil Campbell says conditions may ease in the Hunter but there are severe weather warnings for Sydney and the Illawarra.

"There is some severe weather moving into the Sydney metropolitan and possibly the Illawarra areas and people should take ... precautions like making sure there no loose items around the yard and staying clear of fallen trees, powerlines and making sure that they also stay away from floodwaters," he said.

Flood warnings are current for the Myall River and for Tuggerah Lake, Myall River at Bulahdelah and the Paterson and Williams rivers.

The ACT Emergency Services Agency will send a team of volunteers to the Hunter Valley to help with emergency relief efforts.

Up to 30 SES personnel will leave from their Curtin headquarters at 6am AEST on Saturday morning, after the New South Wales Government requested assistance.

Related Images

Click for larger image.

Flooding at Torryburn near East Gresford in the Hunter Valley. The road is now cut between Gresford Road and the Torryburn Bridge. (user submitted - Graeme Ferguson)user submitted

Click for larger image.

Flooding at Torryburn near East Gresford in the Hunter Valley (user submitted - Graeme Ferguson)user submitted

Click for larger image.

Flooding on a property at Glen William between Clarence Town and Dungog. In the past 12 hours the property has received 10 1/2 inches of rain. (user submitted - Annika Whale)user submitted

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 06/09/2007 at 4:35pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

FLASH flooding is threatening homes in NSW as heavy rain, high winds and huge swells batter the coast, while Queensland braces for freezing temperatures after receiving its heaviest rainfalls in two years.

The wild weather is expected to worsen this afternoon, with homes on the NSW Central Coast, the Hunter region and beachside suburbs in the Sydney metropolitan area already threatened by flooding, an SES spokesman said.

The Bureau of Meteorology earlier issued a severe weather alert for eastern NSW for today and tomorrow, warning of widespread heavy rain, gales and huge swells.

Extreme sea conditions with swells as high as five metres across the mouth of Sydney harbour led to the suspension of Manly ferry and JetCat services this morning.

10,000 volunteers on alert

More than 100 people have already requested assistance from the NSW State Emergency Service (SES) in the past 24 hours, and all of its 10,000 volunteers are on alert.

Trees have fallen on two houses in the Gosford area on the Central Coast and one has fallen on a car at Kogarah in Sydney's south.

A flood watch remains in effect for the Hunter region and road closures are in effect north of Forster and in Taree.

The Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) says winds up to 90km/h will hit coastal and inland areas of NSW today, while thunderstorms with heavy rains are due to blanket the Sydney area later in the day.

Weather bureau meteorologist Helen Reid said a cold pool of air in the upper atmosphere was expected to join a surface low pressure system off the coast and intensify.

The resulting deep system was expected to push strong winds off the Tasman Sea, bringing heavy falls to the coast and ranges around the mid-north coast, the Hunter, central tablelands, Sydney, Illawarra and the south coast.

'Extremely cold' in Queensland

In southeast Queensland yesterday, blue skies returned after the best rain in the region in the past two years.

In most parts of Brisbane, about 70mm fell in the 48 hours to 9am yesterday, and in the eastern suburbs near Moreton Bay more than 120mm fell. 

The welcome rain was soon replaced by a wintry cold snap.

Weather bureau senior forecaster Vikash Prasad warned long weekend campers heading into the interior and mountanious areas to plan for extremely cold conditions.

Freezing temperatures and westerly winds were expected on the Granite Belt and Darling Downs today and tomorrow.

"Temperatures are already in single figures in the Channel Country and Warrego," Mr Prasad said.
"We're looking at 0C around Stanthorpe."

Mr Prasad said scattered showers and storms could turn to sleet.

Brisbane's weekend temperatures are expected to range from 9C to 21C.

Livestock needs protection

Department of Primary Industries senior veterinary officer Lawrence Gavey said graziers should delay shearing and livestock should be pushed under tree cover and into gullies for protection.

Dogs and cats should be brought inside or put in sheds.

In the past 48 hours, Brisbane's Wivenhoe, Somerset and North Pine dams picked up about 3000 megalitres to their combined 1.76 million-megalitre storages.

The main dam, Wivenhoe, was 18.8 per cent full yesterday.

Runoff is estimated to deliver a further 2000 megalitres over the next two days, which should give the region seven to eight days' water supplies. 

Heaviest rainfall in two years

SEQWater operations manager Rob Drury said Wivenhoe (37mm), Somerset (74mm) and North Pine (55mm) received their biggest falls since October 2005.

"Unfortunately, having the volume of rainfall spread over two days has decreased the impact," he said.

The run-off is unlikely to stop the imposition of level-six restrictions in September.

Sydney's dams held an average of 36.9 per cent of capacity yesterday, a drop of 0.4 percentage points since last week.

NEWS.com.au is not responsible for the content for external internet sites

Queensland students play in the rain / Glenn Barnes
Rain, glorious rain ... Coominya State School Year 1 students play in the rain that was the heaviest Queensland had received in two years. Picture: Glenn Barnes

Edited by Lyn McSweeney on 06/09/2007 at 4:35pm

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 06/09/2007 at 6:58pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Lyn,

Remember your post of : Australia The Great Southland?..

http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14230&a mp;KW=Australia

Yes Lord!

View Kathy Bippus's Profile Search for other posts by Kathy Bippus
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 06/09/2007 at 8:51pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Thank you Kathy !!!!

I believe that many here will SEE what God is doing!!!! and run after him with much passion!!!

Hallelujah!!!!

Gayle Getz

Posted: 06/10/2007 at 12:11am | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH GOD!!!  (((WOLE NATIONS WILL COME TO YOU IN ONE DAY!!!  NOT SOMEDAY, TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION!)))!!! DREADED CHAMPIONS COMIN' FORTH ON THE CONTINENT OF AUSTRALIA!  HO! GLORY TO THE LAMB OF GOD THAT HAS TAKEN AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD AND CAUSED US TO NO LONGER BE SLAVES TO SIN, BUT SLAVES UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS.  JESUS SAID, "JUST BELIEVE, AND YOU WILL SEE THE 'GLORY OF GOD'!!!  I PROPHECY INTO YOUR LIFE SISTER LYN,  PRECIOUS HANDMAIDEN OF MOST HIGH GOD.  "YOU ARE HIS WORKMANSHIP CREATED UNTO CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS WHICH HE HAS PREPARED BEFOREHAND FOR YOU TO DO. YOU CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS YOU.  THE JOY OF THE LORD IS YOUR STRENGTH.  RISE AND SHINE, FOR THE GLORY OF THE LORD RISES UPON YOU. YOU ARE ANOINTED OF GOD AND YOU GO AROUND DOING GOOD AND HEALING ALL THAT ARE OPPRESSED OF THE devil. RIGHTEOUSNESS GOES BEFORE YOU AND THE GLORY OF THE LORD IS YOUR REAR GUARD."   ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, KING JESUS!!!  HALLELUJAH! \o/\o/\o/        &nb sp;    Love you ALL-prayin'

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 06/10/2007 at 1:31am | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

(((((((((((((((Gayle)))))))))))))))) Thank you!!!

Betty Seiley

Posted: 06/10/2007 at 8:54pm | IP Logged Quote Betty Seiley

Lyn,

Here in the southern U.S., we watched the news stories about the floods and heavy rain in Australia. 

This is a word which the Holy Spirit spoke through Chuck Pierce, during the Feast of Tabernacles Gathering last October.  I don't know if you have heard of Chuck Pierce or not, but he is a highly respected prophet, known throughout the U.S. and in other countries.  I think this word will be a confirmation about the rains in Australia, and it will encourage all of us to believe the Lord for Holy Spirit rains across Australia.

During our Feast of Tabernacles Gathering on October 14-15, 2006, the Lord spoke to us and said: "Plant your feet! Ready yourself for change! You are entering a year of shaking and quaking! This year will be known as the Year of Holy Spirit! This will be the year the RIVERS will rise! Watch where the heavens open and floods (physical) reach the earth, and document those places! Those are places targeted for a Holy Spirit invasion. Rising flood waters will cause you to move to higher ground. As the River of Holy Spirit rises, you will find yourself moving to the high places. I will position My people on the high places this year. As you worship, I will cause ruling thrones of iniquity to topple. Like Dagon, their head will fall before My Presence! Get ready! I shake loose wicked structures. Watch in the night, and watch Me manifest in the light!"

We cannot miss this sign. For Jerusalem to flood, God is saying to us, "I am opening the heavens over you, filling the rivers, cleansing the land, and letting you know that I am ready to pour Myself upon My people."

Blessings,

Chuck D. Pierce
Glory of Zion Ministries
www.gloryofzion.org

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Love in Jesus,

Betty

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 06/11/2007 at 3:04am | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

((((((((((((((((((Betty))))))))))))))))))

IT'S TIME!!!!!!!

Edited by Lyn McSweeney on 06/11/2007 at 3:04am

Keith Bates

Posted: 06/13/2007 at 4:47pm | IP Logged Quote Keith Bates

Hi everyone,

I just returned home from Rockhampton, having attended the Australian Apostolic Summit and then the Sons' Retreat there. It rained all the way up from Narrabri right into Rocky... Prasie the Lord! It was the coldest I have ever experienced Rockhampton- we go there every June and normally it's cool at night but warm in the days- I had a jumper on all the time we were there!

It seems we have had good rains now right through eastern Australia.

The first night John Alley spoke about "How to Break the Drought." He said "I was sitting on my verandah while the rain was pouring down, pondering how do we break this drought?" :-)

His conlusion is that we have to listen to what the Spirit is saying to the church-- which he feels we haven't done. He also said that he feels that the drought has ended but the church hasn't heard the message... this isn't a contradiction in any sense but reflects the fact that with any period of judgement there inevitably comes a time when it has to end because it's not achieving that which it is intended to achieve.

Blessings

Keith
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 06/14/2007 at 2:40pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Very interesting Keith!!!!!

His conlusion is that we have to listen to what the Spirit is saying to the church

YES AMEN!!!!

Edited by Lyn McSweeney on 06/14/2007 at 6:30pm

Joe D. Long

Posted: 06/14/2007 at 5:08pm | IP Logged Quote Joe D. Long

Shalom Lyn,

When HE answers, HE answers!!!  I didn't thoroughly read all the posts as I am short on time at the moment, however, as I was preparing to reply to these posts, I was reminded of when Elijah prayed for the drought to be broken....  I heard these words rise up in my spirit...  "The Elijah Company has prayed, and the Elohim of Elijah has answered!!!"  """WOW""" 

This is how the drought here in Texas was broken!!!  Much Rain!!!

Must go for now, Blessings in the Highest to all of Elohim's Precious Saints!!!  Amen!  So Let It Be!!!  Now get ready for the SPIRITUAL drought to be broken...

joe~

Gayle Getz

Posted: 06/14/2007 at 5:57pm | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!  BROTHER JOE, SOOOOO GETTIN' READY FOR "SPIRITUAL DROUGHT TO BE BROKEN"...YESSSSSS LORD, WE ARE LISTENIN', PRAYIN' & OBEYIN' WITH A SOBER SPIRIT, BUT ONE OF READINESS & EXPECTATION...HALLELUJAH TO KING JESUS WHO CAUSES US TO TRIUMPH UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES AND EVERY SITUATION...GLORY TO ALMIGHTY GOD, GOD OF ELIJAH, OUR VERY OWN ABBA FATHER...   Love you ALL-prayin' 

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 06/14/2007 at 11:06pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

quote Joe.. Now get ready for the SPIRITUAL drought to be broken...

GAYLE.... JOE

AMEN!!!!!YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version