Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: MORE RELATING TO THE TWENTY FOLD MINISTRY Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 06/05/2008 at 8:44pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

MORE RELATING TO THE TWENTY FOLD MINISTRY

I get the feeling sometimes that people don’t get to actually read the Bible very much and that their understanding of “religious” matters largely results from what they hear from preachers, whether in church or TV or wherever.

Re the “twenty fold ministry” - I am going to say again with more detail what  the Bible actually says about the ministry team that is listed by name in the New Testament, and that God has placed in every local church, the interaction of which is intended to produce men and women who have matured into being of the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ – duplicates of Jesus.

In the article “The Twenty Fold Ministry and It’s Calling” I run through the lists of the ministries as found in Romans 12, 1st Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4 and 1st Timothy and Titus. It seems some folk missed the point. So now I am going to identify each one separately – and as you read it, I want you to recognise that God intends this ENTIRE team to be in operation in your church – which ideally is the church I talk about in the “Church in your street” article.

Elders, Bishops, Overseers, Presbyters – different words for the same job – and these are the leaders in every church. The qualifications for these men are given by Paul in 1st Timothy and Titus. It is not an “office”. KJ says “office” but it is simply “a noble task”. When Paul established churches on his “First Missionary Journey” he left the new converts in the hands of Holy Spirit with no religious resources whatever. A year of so later, he made his second journey and men who had matured during that year and who stood out as leaders, Paul set apart as overseers.

The word “elder” cannot be converted into “pastor” or anything else.

These men are the glue that holds an assembly together. They keep a lid on things, encourage developing ministries, can smell a phoney a block away. They have teaching ability. The are the supervisors. They are NOT pastors. And there is a team of them. And if somehow fellows are added to that team who are not actually put there by God – all hell can break loose in that church.

Looking at the ministries in the NT as we come to them – first in Romans, Paul tells the folk there that just as the body has many different parts each having different functions “so we – numerous as we are, and individually we are parts one of another. Having gifts, faculties, talents, qualities, that differ according to the grace given us – let us use them …"

Then he lists the ministry giftings there .

Prophets. Speak what God is saying at that time to a nation or a city or a church – and occasionally to an individual. Having the “gift of prophecy” does not make a person a prophet.  

Practical Service. He/she gives themselves to serving others.

Teachers. Teach that thing God has imparted at that time for that occasion.

Exhorter. More off the cuff than structured teaching. It is a ministry of encouragement.

Contributor. A giver. With simplicity and liberality.

Aid Workers. With zeal and singleness of mind.

Mercy Missioners. With genuine cheerfulness and joyful eagerness.

This is the list he mentioned as being in the Rome church, but most likely there were others there he did not add. At that point, Paul had never been to Rome. When he did finally get there it was to get his head chopped off.

Paul had “planted” the church at Corinth. They were a raunchy lot, but they moved in a level of Holy Spirit anointing you know nothing about. In his first letter he reminds them that “there are distinctive varieties and distributions of endowments, gifts, extraordinary powers distinguishing certain Christians … and there are distinctive varieties of service and administration. But to each one is given the manifestation of the Holy Spirit for good and for profit”.

So in chapter 12, he adds to the list he gave the folk at Rome

Holy Spirit power to speak a Word of Wisdom. This is a “knowing how” that has no connection with natural intelligence.

Holy Spirit power to express a Word of Knowledge and understanding. This also has no connection with any information you may already have of a situation. These two ministries frequently work together.

Holy Spirit given wonder working faith.

Holy Spirit given extraordinary powers of healing.

Working of Miracles

Prophetic insight – the gift of interpreting the Divine will and purpose.

The ability to distinguish between true and false spirits.

The gift of Tongues

The ability to interpret such tongues.

Paul goes on to say – All these gifts, achievements and abilities are inspired and brought to pass by one and the same Holy Spirit who apportions to each person individually and exactly as he chooses…..you collectively are Christ’s body and individually you are members of it, each part severally and distinct, each with his own place and function.

Then he summarises what he has just said and adds some more.

So God has appointed some in the church – first

Apostles (Greek) - in Latin the same word is missionary. They arespecial messengers” – and in the NT sense they are church statesmen. I will not comment on the new crop of “apostles”.

Then he again lists prophets, teachers, wonder workers, ability to heal the sick, helpers, administrators, speakers in tongues. To emphasise the individual variety of ministry giftings, he then asks – “are all apostles, are all prophets, are all teachers, do all have the power to perform miracles, do all possess extraordinary powers of healing, do all speak with tongues, do all interpret”.

The answer is obviously “no” – but the questions tell us all these ministries were being exercised by various individuals in that raunchy, carnal church at Corinth.    

That extremely obscure passage in Ephesians contains the names of two ministries we have not come across before –

Evangelist – with which we are familiar. And

Pastor. Apart from that one word in that rather strange passage in Ephesians 4 – the word is not found at any other place in the Bible – and for which Strongs is unable to give a meaningful explanation – but which has virtually destroyed the Body of Christ for probably 1700 years. You know what pastors are in our church setting, so I don’t need to elaborate. Not at any time nor at any place will you find a pastor – as we know pastors – in any place in the New Testament – except for Diotrephes in 3rd John – who would not allow John to visit HIS church.

Read my reply to DD at the end of the original “Twenty Fold Ministry” article for more about the work of a pastor.

I could wax warmly about the flow-on effect of the church being decimated, centimated, kilomated, millomated by the pastor industry – resulting in the church that is supposed to be the representation of God Almighty in a city or nation – but it isn’t – so we have the situation in our cities and nation you see on the TV news every night. It’s serious, folk.

Then right at the end we have the

Deacons – the men in the background making the thing work. No church would survive without them. They are not another substitute name for pastors or anything else. They are the practical people in the background of every genuine local church.

That’s the church team folk. The whole twenty of them. And no, they are not folded up like Japanese origami. That really was a weird label to attach to that group in Ephesians 4, just to try to justify some of the authority and control being exerted over the Body of Christ by some of these fellows.

For a refresher of what the Body of Christ exists to be, go back to my article “The Twenty Fold Ministry and It’s Calling”.

It will be a healthy exercise for you to check out what the New Testament says about church ministry against what is going on where you “go to church”. We just plain cannot keep carrying on with this religious insanity which is – at the end of the day – destroying our nations – and ultimately - us.

It will be profitable for you to read my Betelgeuse article again. We are not here to play these crazy games. It is an eternally serious business we are involved in.

Please - I am not writing these things just to see my name in print. I am watching your nation tear itself apart, and all I see coming from the church is pretty little homilies telling you how to have a better life. It is pretty obvious that US church folk have no idea what is going on – it’s not in the back rooms any more – but right out in the open. To hell with protest rallies and letters to your representative. You have the authority to stop this whole thing cold – but you don’t even know what the thing is that must be stopped or it’s going to destroy you. No – I am not paranoid – I have been watching this wicked thing grow for more than twenty years – and during those same years I have watched the Western church become about the most irrelevant operation on the face of the planet.

I am writing these articles in an attempt to get somebody mad enough to start jumping up and down and start exercising some of the authority you Christ-ones have been given.  That’s what I’m on about.

I am so tired of Christian religious pusillanimity. You look it up.

Laurence

www.godhasadream.com.au

View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests
mariateresatee

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06/06/2008 at 1:06am | IP Logged Quote mariateresatee

Pusillanimity: COWARDLINESS  I indeed looked it up, brother Laurence, and had to go back to your post several times to check the spelling.

View mariateresatee's Profile Search for other posts by mariateresatee Visit mariateresatee's Homepage
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 06/07/2008 at 1:01pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

Hullo Tere from the Philippines.

Thank you for the replies you have added to some of my posts. And I read your reply to Ron McGatlin's recent article, which is how I discovered your name at home is Tere.

You and I are on the same time zone, while those poor Yanks over there have to run like crazy to try to catch up with us. Just imagine that everything they are doing - they are doing yesterday. Duh.

If you look into www.godhasadream.com.au there is a button that will open an email page. I would love to hear from you.  Blessings    Laurence

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 06/07/2008 at 5:35pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Bless you Laurence...thank you!!!!

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 06/08/2008 at 2:58pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 06/08/2008 at 4:45pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Julie Gilbert

Posted: 06/08/2008 at 5:20pm | IP Logged Quote Julie Gilbert

Brother Laurence, I am in full agreement with all that you are saying. I have been called by the Lord to step out of 'system church' and am quite happy now that I have. I have been in 'church' for 33 of my 45 years and have never 'fit'... it has only been in the last 10 years or so that I understood why.

The Lord has linked me up with quite a few 'out of the system' people who left 'dazzling' careers working with many of the 'big names' that we see on a daily basis of prophets and apostles. God took them out and away to obscure villages to 'die' and become no bodies...  Our fellowship is sweet and relative and we understand that judgment is coming to this nation. It will be a hard and difficult, but highly necessary process for just as you say, the westernized church  to purify those who are truly the 'called out ones'. Your quote: "I have watched the Western church become about the most irrelevant operation on the face of the planet."  Is absolutely truth! At the same time, there is a whole remnent of believers who DO know what is coming and are being led by Holy Spirit for such time... and that time is upon us.

What is visible now will be replaced by what is 'invisible' currently. God will have a people who are about HIM and not about the 'system of church' in this country.  They are hidden and awaiting marching orders and they do know that the time is nigh at hand...

Please continue to speak forth as you are doing... for you are absolutely right on in all that you are saying.... the system church has honestly NO IDEA what is yet to come and most see judgment as a negative thing and something to pray to avoid... yet judgment purifies... and the scripture says that judgment causes people to learn righteousness

My country is in need of a serious 'course correction' by Jehovah and I do believe that it is coming and those who are truly listening by the Spirit know this to be true....

bless you Laurence! bless you!!

mariateresatee

Posted: 06/09/2008 at 6:02am | IP Logged Quote mariateresatee

Hello brother Laurence,

Duh.  Yes, I think we're on the same time zone. Poor Yanks, indeed!

I've in fact visited your website. Yeah, I'll email soon. Thanks so much for your posts. My husband and I are in the middle of a very critical decision concerning God's direction in relation with church, and your articles, with brother Ron's and the others here in OH, have been so helpful in clarifying our vision.

View mariateresatee's Profile Search for other posts by mariateresatee Visit mariateresatee's Homepage
ElizabethPhilli

Posted: 06/10/2008 at 7:56pm | IP Logged Quote ElizabethPhilli

Brother Laurence..I am going through some strong spiritual frustration right now concerning church.

We have just recently joined a church and why since we have joined I dread going now..

I wanted to join a church and was excited to do so..but now I dread going. My husband thinks it is because I am holding on to past experiences in the church and will not give this church a chance.

The pastor calls my husband,for help in fulfilling what he feels like GOD has put inside of him for his church and I am wary of it. He calls all the time..and we just joined.

I am troubled that I feel this way,and am asking GOD why..is something wrong with me..am I holding on to the past..?

Man there is so much I want to say,but tell me how do you see a church should be operating ...???? I am so frustrated that I really do not know what to do..except pray and wait..

Edited by ElizabethPhilli on 06/10/2008 at 7:56pm
View ElizabethPhilli's Profile Search for other posts by ElizabethPhilli
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 06/11/2008 at 12:40pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

Hullo Elizabeth

I cannot advise you, of course, but I think the Advisor in you is telling you to be very careful. Your own born-again-made-alive spirit in union with Holy Spirit KNOWS when something is wrong. You have answered your own question. Pray and wait.

So many people are hurt by church and it seems that has happened to you. But you are ready to move on because you were excited to be going back to church again.

Go to www.godhasadream.com.au and in it is a button that will give you an email page. I could send you a piece from that book that may help, but which would be too controversial and cause too much fuss to post into the forums here.

Meanwhile - keep praying and waiting.

Huge blessings

Laurence

ElizabethPhilli

Posted: 06/11/2008 at 3:39pm | IP Logged Quote ElizabethPhilli

Thank you Laurence. I think it is more me than anything just having problem with leadership from my past experiences...
View ElizabethPhilli's Profile Search for other posts by ElizabethPhilli

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version