VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: Spirit of Christ or Antichrist Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Kriston Couchey

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08/26/2008 at 8:54pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Spirit of Christ vs. the Anti-Christ (instead of Christ) spirit

What does Anti-Christ mean and what does he do?
Strongs definitions give these meanings for the word Anti:

Text: a primary particle; opposite, i.e. instead or because of (rarely in addition to): --for, in the room of. Often used in composition to denote contrast, requital, substitution, correspondence, etc.

The meaning that seem to be prominent is the opposition of Christ through replacing or being "in the room of" or placed "instead of" Christ or posing as Christ.

II Thess. 2:4. Speaks of the man of lawlessness as "…he that opposeth and exalteth himself against all that is called God or that is worshipped; so that he sitteth in the temple of God, setting himself forth as God."

To understand what exactly what it is the anti-Christ does, it is first important to understand what the temple in the previous verse is referring to. Since the physical temple is no longer available to men, we must understand that the temple is now referring to the place where God now dwells.

I Cor. 3:16. Know ye not that ye are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17. If any man destroyeth the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, and such are ye.

II Cor 6:16. And what agreement hath a temple of God with idols? for we are a temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Since we are now the temple, it becomes quite plain that the anti-Christ in some way now poses "instead of" Christ in the hearts of men. He does not make himself to be other then Christ, He sets himself to be Christ or of him.

The spirit of anti-Christ, which is at work, seeks to mask itself as Christ, in place of him and convincing those who receive this spirit that they are in fact worshipping Christ Himself.

Examples of Anti-Christ spirit at work
John 11: 47. The chief priests therefore and the Pharisees gathered a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many signs. 48. If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation.

You may wonder what this verse has to do with the spirit of Anti-Christ. To understand the Pharisees and their hypocrisy will give you an understanding of how the spirit of Anti-Christ manifests itself, and how it has manifested itself in history. The Pharisees had determined themselves what God’s will for the people was.

The first and foremost characteristic of this spirits work is the false notion that the Christ would be only interested in saving and establishing an earthly, fleshly kingdom.

Within their hearts they had established the idea that the messiah would defeat the Romans and conquer all foes with the sword. This appealed to their fleshly desire to have honor and glory among men. It was this threat to their "place and nation" (as stated in the previous verse) that incited them to kill the very Christ they were looking for.

This Anti-Christ (instead of Christ ) spirit also manifested itself in Peter.

Matthew 16: 21. From that time began Jesus to show unto his disciples, that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and the third day be raised up. 22. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall never be unto thee. 23. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art a stumbling block unto me: for thou mindest not the things of God, but the things of men.

Peter had embraced a fleshly understanding of the kingdom of God. His bearing the sword in Gethsemane was the external manifestation of his still being under the "instead of Christ" spirit.

This confrontation with Peter exemplifies the second characteristic of Anti-Christ spirit. That spirit is "self" or "man" centered.

Mark 7: 6. And he said unto them, Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoreth me with their lips, But their heart is far from me. 7. But in vain do they worship me, Teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men. 8. Ye leave the commandment of God, and hold fast the tradition of men. 9. And he said unto them, Full well do ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your tradition.

That which stood in the way of Peter walking in the spirit of Christ was the Anti-Christ spirit. Peter moved in the typical manner of one who at their very core was attempting to establish the kingdom of God through fleshly means.

The third characteristic of this spirit is a focus on external morality or appearance.

Matthew 23: 25. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye cleanse the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full from extortion and excess. 26. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the platter, that the outside thereof may become clean also. 27. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which outwardly appear beautiful, but inwardly are full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but inwardly ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

The Pharisees were the most fervent religious people in Jerusalem in that time period. They surely held up a standard of external righteousness that few could attain to. Morality and maintaining their religion against outside secular influence made these men stand head and shoulders above the rest as they protected Judaism against the onslaught of Godless men. But what was it that caused them to eventually commit murder? Murder of no less then the messiah?

Constantine
Another example of the spirit of Anti-Christ is the conquering spirit of Constantine. The Lord clearly spoke to me one day that the Bride became a harlot when the church embraced the sword of Constantine. This man’s Conquering in the sign of the cross was the most critical blow to Christianity that it has received in history. From this point on, the Spirit of anti-Christ had entry into the hearts of those who claimed the name of Christ. This is not the Roman Catholic Church. Rather it is all who place their dependency, security or allegiance to any force, nation or group that uses the means of the flesh to accomplish its goals, or goals that are said to be God’s goals.

The Harlot rides the beast. And it still does today. The term "The beast", used in Revelation 13, is widely accepted as the anti-Christ by scholars. I must say it seems to be true considering the forces with which the Church has empowered itself for centuries, and still continues to empower itself with.

The Power of Anti-Christ
The anti-Christ spirit manifests in two ways (two marks):
1. The wisdom of men
2. The works of men

These two are refered to in Rev. 13:16. And he causeth all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the bond, that there be given them a mark on their right hand, or upon their forehead;

These quite plainly are the marks of the beast, anyone who has the mindset set on men’s wisdom (mark on the forehead), and works their works according to the wisdom of men (mark on their hand).

The Spirit of Christ
Matthew 16:22. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall never be unto thee. 23. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art a stumbling-block unto me: for thou mindest not the things of God, but the things of men. 24. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 25. For whosoever would save his life shall lose it: and whosoever shall lose his life for my sake shall find it.

You will note verse 22 Peter is rebuking Jesus concerning the cross and the sacrifice of love and service Jesus is about to make. In stark contrast to the spirit that ruled the Pharisees and Peter was the Spirit that ruled in Christ. Note that there is a different "Mindset" in Christ.

Phil. 2:5. Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6. who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7. but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men; 8. and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, yea, the death of the cross.

The whole point of difference between the Anti-Christ spirit and the Spirit of Christ is the cross and what it represents. Self-denial, suffering, and loss of life. The flesh hates this because it means we can’t hold on to things that make us feel good or boost our ego.

Gal. 6:13. For not even they who receive circumcision do themselves keep the law; but they desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh. 14. But far be it from me to glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world hath been crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 15. For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 16. And as many as shall walk by this rule, peace be upon them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. 17. Henceforth, let no man trouble me; for I bear branded on my body the marks of Jesus. 18. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brethren. Amen.

Paul here is confronting the evil spirit of Anti-Christ. Yet instead of the "mark" of the beast (the flesh) he bears the "marks" of Christ. He has been crucified to this world and its ways. Glorying in the flesh is nothing for him as he has suffered greatly with beatings, shipwrecks etc. for the sake of his Master.

The Spirit of Christ Would not, and still does not rely upon the methods and resources of men to promote its purposes. Whether that be a nation fighting terrorism, or a church attempting to grow by mens wisdom or works (flesh).

It is time to make a choice what kingdom you are of. If you are of the kingdom of God then you should be seeing the kingdom like this:

II Timothy 2 4. 3. Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No soldier on service entangleth himself in the affairs of this life; that he may please him who enrolled him as soldier.

As a follower of the Lord Jesus, you have no right to embrace the ways and judgments of men and follow them in allegiance. You have one allegiance, Christ Jesus. The affairs of terrorism, wars and battle of the flesh should be opportunities to preach repentance, and the need for turning from the dependence upon the kingdoms and systems of men.

I for one, have been shown very clearly by the Lord that the biggest hindrance to revival in the USA is the church riding upon this nations worldly strength and glory. I do not say the USA is THE beast. I say that the spirit of anti-Christ is to depend upon and trust in something "instead of Christ". Just as the Pharisees were occupied with their nation, so many "Christians" are preoccupied with and even support the wars of a nation. This is Anti-Christ no matter how justified the cause is. It is not the Spirit of Christ. And if it is not, don’t entangle yourself in it.

Kris

Edited by Kriston Couchey on 08/26/2008 at 9:03pm

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
Patti Smith

Posted: 08/27/2008 at 1:11am | IP Logged Quote Patti Smith

Very much needed and clear sound. Enlightening and discerning word. Thank you very much, Kris!

Mandy Gay

Posted: 08/27/2008 at 2:28am | IP Logged Quote Mandy Gay

Thank you Kris, I very much appreciate this.

Love Mandy

View Mandy Gay's Profile Search for other posts by Mandy Gay
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 08/27/2008 at 10:39am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Thanx Patti and Mandy,

This actually is a word I wrote from 2001 that I found again. At the time it adressed a great nationalistic surge in the church.

But today, it is more relevant in that this spirit is seen in the church leadership and structure of nearly EVERY church group in existance today. What is accepted as Normal chirstian behavioar and function in the church is really man's wisdom and man's works. The work of the Holy Spirit without hindrance is a sign this antichrist spirit is overcome. Because that is not happening is a sign that this spirit has it's seat in the temple, (the hearts of God's people.)

Kris 

Ann Doupont

Posted: 08/27/2008 at 10:46am | IP Logged Quote Ann Doupont

As we have Christ living in us, the hope of glory, what will we be doing?

We will be doing the same works that Jesus did. Amen?

Ann

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 08/27/2008 at 12:44pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

AntiChrist means= INSTEAD OF OR IN THE PLACE OF THE ANOINTED ONE.

This is very telling of what the situtation of the church is, as the anointing and its work is the very nature and authority of God manifest on the earth. It is no wonder the ANTICHRIST denies Christ has come in the flesh. That Christ come in the flesh is YOU: His body, expressing His Divine Nature and Divine Authority. This is the kingdom manifest on earth. Christ =The Anointed one in me the hope of glory.

The goal of the antichrist spirit in the body is to replace the reality of Christ=anointing in the people of God with any thing else birthed in mens flesh or soulish endeavors. These things birthed of the wisdom and works of men profit NOTHING in the kingdom.  

When the control of men an thier wisdom and works are rejected and cast down, then the Spirit has reign.

Kris

Ann Doupont

Posted: 08/27/2008 at 1:44pm | IP Logged Quote Ann Doupont

Right, Kris. But, we don't have to be like the rest of the Church. We can dare to be different and do the works that Jesus did. I got tired of trying to help the Church become that which she is not. Instead, I've returned to the field of evangelism.

When Christ is operating in us instead of the antichrist spirit, won't we then be doing the same works as He did?

Love,

Ann

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 08/27/2008 at 5:18pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Amen Ann,

That is exactly what needs doing. We don't defeat the antichrist Spirit by attacking it or the people who move in it. We overcome through BECOMING ourselves what God has given us of His Divine Person to Become = Mature sons and daughters of the Most High. 

We speak and write truths because there are those who need light shone along the path on thier way to maturity to avoid pitfalls and give clarity as to the true state of things. There is great lack of understanding of the opposition to Christ that is embedded and systemic within the Structures that now exist.

People need to be exposed to the real deal. That real deal is: God Manifest in His children. Part of that manifestation is Truth that is acompanied with the authority to deliver from falsehood.  

Maybe more later, this is fodder for the book.... I guess

Kris

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version