VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: SUSTAINING HOPE IN THE MIDST Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Loren Sandford

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 01/08/2009 at 10:37am | IP Logged Quote Loren Sandford

SUSTAINING HOPE IN THE MIDST

I am acutely aware that I have gone well out on a limb with some of what I said in the most recent posting (PROPHETIC WORDS FOR 2009). I am also aware that much of what I have said concerning the nation, the economy and the president runs counter to what many "bigger" prophetic voices than mine have declared. Time will tell who is right. But it's not a contest to see who is right and who is wrong. It's about hope and what that means to believers. It's about what we're called to do and what we're called to be in times such as these. These things are spelled out for us in the Scriptures and do not change with the times or the circumstances. The prophetic word during this current period of history should bring hope and purpose to God's people to strengthen them for the days ahead.

We believers should walk in unprecedented favor even as the world experiences a time of darkness, much as Daniel rose to favor and authority under Nebuchadnezzar and Joseph rose under Pharaoh. They walked with servant hearts to bless the unrighteous kings who ruled over them and garnered favor and position in return. Joseph even used his wisdom and his spiritual gifts to save Egypt from the ancient equivalent of a major economic depression - seven years of famine. For us the promise of God stands unchanged and calls for our response: "Arise, shine; for your light has come, And the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. For behold, darkness will cover the earth And deep darkness the peoples; But the Lord will rise upon you And His glory will appear upon you. Nations will come to your light, And kings to the brightness of your rising" (Isaiah 60:1-3). Darkness may cover the earth around us, but God's favor and light rest upon us. This can and should be a time of great ingathering of souls. It's our time to shine.

Today, January 8, the Lord called me to forgo attending the Thursday morning prayer meeting I am normally committed to in order to devote myself to private prayer. The following is what He told me:

Isaiah 21:11-12, "The oracle concerning Edom. One keeps calling to me from Seir, 'Watchman, how far gone is the night? Watchman, how far gone is the night?' The watchman says, 'Morning comes but also night. If you would inquire, inquire; Come back again.'" These words were spoken prior to 722 B.C. as Assyria conquered the region around the northern kingdom of Israel. It was a time of disaster, destruction and desperation. The prophet used the image of the night watchman watching over the city as others slept to communicate a truth. People figuratively cried out, "Is it nearly over?!" And the answer was that morning is imminent but the night lingers, so keep asking. "Come back again" because the answer will be changing as dawn approaches.

For the current situation, is the night over? Will the end of the current darkness come quickly? Answer: Recovery (the dawn) will begin, but dark times will linger. As in the moments before the dawn, dark and light, recovery and loss, will remain mixed for a time. Therefore keep asking and inquiring of the Lord because things will be changing steadily, like light coming over the horizon gradually in the morning. We’ll need to be alert and listening for the Lord’s voice in order to move with Him.

The Lord then spoke to me directly the following word: "Forever greet the dawn. I open a season of hope in the midst of darkness - seeds of hope to announce the day. I have dampened the hopes of many and drained the color from many faces that they may seek Me. I open doors of prosperity to those who seek My ways to guide their steps. I will increase their joy in the midst of trials."

And finally He took me to Psalm 29. Verses 1-2, "Ascribe to the Lord, O sons of the mighty, Ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. Ascribe to the Lord the glory due to His name; Worship the Lord in holy array." Verses 10-11, "The Lord sat as King at the flood; Yes, the Lord sits as King forever. The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace." This is a time to intensify our worship, to diligently focus on and celebrate the Lord's glory and strength - and to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that in the midst of the flood, He remains the sovereign King ruling over it. Do this and He will strengthen us and grant us peace in the midst of turmoil.

Gayle Getz

Posted: 01/08/2009 at 11:44am | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

TY, my Brother Loren,,,most readily accepted this into my heart,,,Ps.29, a daily must for those of us that want confirmation we will receive the strength needed to go through(not stay in), but go through the fire, the flood. If you walk through the water it will not overflow you, when you walk through the fire you will not be burned; neither will the flame kindle upon you." For YOU are the LORD my GOD, my PRINCE OF PEACE, and I will celebrate YOUR glory and strength!!! \o/\o/\o/ Love you ALL-prayin' & decreein' & rejoicin'-"Thou, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head." "Because you love ME", says the Lord, "I will rescue you; I will protect you, for you acknowledge MY name. As you call upon ME, I will answer you; I will be with you in trouble, I will deliver you and honor you. With long life I will satisfy you and show you MY salvation." (((HALLELUJAH TO KING JESUS)))!!!

Zach Dixon

Posted: 01/08/2009 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote Zach Dixon

Loren something amazing is happening in you ! I pray Gods richest blessing upon your household and all He has entrusted into your hands. There is a awesome anointing on this word and to God be the glory.

I literally was just at a street corner called PIONEER and my phone rang, it was my daughter HOPE! I was hit with a shaft of light. I could feel HOPE (CHRIST) in me and all around me. I felt like the Lord was saying" I will restore and revive, I will birth that wich I have ordained from the foundations of the earth, my mercy triumphs, DREAM AND PROPHECY AGAIN!        I make a way where there seems to be no way.

below is a quote from your post:

The Lord then spoke to me directly the following word: "Forever greet the dawn. I open a season of hope in the midst of darkness - seeds of hope to announce the day. I have dampened the hopes of many and drained the color from many faces that they may seek Me. I open doors of prosperity to those who seek My ways to guide their steps. I will increase their joy in the midst of trials."

Loren this word has an awesome Spirit of creativity all over it. I can see it and feel it. Iam reminded of when there was darkness over the face of the deep and the SPIRIT OF GOD was hovering and GOD SPOKE "LET THERE BE LIGHT!"

To co-labour with God is a awesome humbling experience. His Word is near you brother and in your mouth. When you have this time as in times past touched on this there is a true prophetic mantle of Authority on you. I say this to BOAST IN THE LORD. It's a devil destroying mantle. It's a violent, furious love that will not, nor can be stopped SPIRIT.

For He shall Build His Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail. This word restores sanctified imagination, and thought life to the Saints. This Word releases the captives to dream and prophecy, it releases the harvesters to put the sickle in.

Father I pray in the awesome mighty name of JESUS CHRIST, let great grace and favour come like a mighty rushing wind, let it hit Newsong Fellowship like a tidal wave, yes let the lightning of  revelation strike these dear Saints, that they may know Jesus Christ and the POWER of His ressurection. Father I lift up my voice and thank you for the blood of Jesus Your Son  and that through His obediance, His sacrifice and ressurection the debt has been paid for complete salvation. Lord I call forth your wonderful Spirit, oh Holy Spirit thats in Loren and His Loved ones, Come sweet rain/REIGN of heaven, let winds and rains of refreshing come, let financial breakthrough come above and beyond, Father let healing come forth even greater than ever before, Father let lands and houses full of goods and cisterns already dug come to them for the glory of God (Nehimiah9), and God I thank you that you hear me, my daddy I ask for the hunger of Your heart for souls to fall afresh upon Newsong, Lord let the Joy of Your Salvation fill their hearts, yes my God let the name of Jesus be MAGNIFIED, let the name of the Lord be praised from the RISING OF THE SUN TO THE PLACE WHERE IT GOES DOWN, LET THE NAME OF THE LORD BE PRAISED. 

I hear it , I hear it right now, GIDEON , GIDEON, GIDEON, WATCH, WATCH, WATCH AND WONDER, BE IN WONDER OF MY GOODNESS AND GREATNESS, I SEE A PEOPLE, I SEE NEWSONG THEIR FACES ARE LIKE FLINT , THERE IS A HUGE FLAMING SWORD AND IT IS ALIVE, IT'S FROM EARTH TO HEAVEN AND FROM HEAVEN TO EARTH, IT IS ALIVE AND BREATHING, IT IS A OPEN WINDOW TO THE SUPERNATURAL FLOW OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD, TO THE VERY HEART OF GOD, NOTHING NOTHING ON EARTH ABOVE IT OR BELOW IT CAN STOP THE SONG OF THE LORD I HAVE PUT IN YOU'S , YES LET THE HIGH PRAISES OF GOD BE IN YOUR MOUTH AND A DOUBLE EDGED SWORD BE IN YOUR HAND, COME UP HERE AND I WILL SHOW YOU GREAT THINGS , MIGHTY THINGS, AWESOME THINGS WHICH MUST TAKE PLACE, STAND UP ON THE MOUNTAIN FOR I HAVE PLACED MY TRUMPET IN YOUR MOUTH(S) AND YOU SHALL DECLARE TO THE NATIONS WHAT YOU SEE

I SEE A KITHCHEN SINK AND THIS IS A PLACE OF IMPORTANCE LOREN, IAM NOT SURE WHAT THAT MAY MEAN TO YOU AND ABOVE THE SINK ON THE WALL IS JERIMIAH 33:3

again I saw the number 3 and the word " AWESOME"

He confirms his word with signs and wonders,

much love Zach and family

Edited by Zach Dixon on 01/08/2009 at 2:48pm

Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 01/10/2009 at 1:53pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

Loren just one question.

There are a multitude of false prophets in the church.

Who will rebuke them?

View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests
Loren Sandford

Posted: 01/10/2009 at 2:33pm | IP Logged Quote Loren Sandford

Who will rebuke the false prophets?  I am firmly committed to the local church. It has always been and always be the center of God's plan. Every prophetic person must be committed to a local church, submitted to and functioning as an integral part of its fellowship. In that context, when a prophetic person has been wrong, it would be incumbent upon that local fellowship to lovingly bring correction. Not just correction, but also help to understand where it went wrong and how to discern more accurately the next time. I expect that of the people of my own congregation and I cultivate that kind of input into my life, even though I'm the senior pastor.

Tina Dean

Posted: 01/10/2009 at 4:42pm | IP Logged Quote Tina Dean

Shouldn't that instead read as: especially because I'm the senior pastor"?

View Tina Dean's Profile Search for other posts by Tina Dean
Loren Sandford

Posted: 01/10/2009 at 5:43pm | IP Logged Quote Loren Sandford

Tina wrote: "Shouldn't that instead read as: especially because I'm the senior pastor?"

I never know on these forums what is a friendly remark or what is really some kind of veiled barb. I'll take that as a friendly remark unless led to believe otherwise. Of course "especially because". Because of the position I hold, I'm held responsible an especially high standard of integrity and holiness, according to Scripture. I listen to a great many people and submit to their input. Sorry I have to raise the issue of intent, but I have run into a lot of bitterness on these forums toward churches and pastors.

Tina Dean

Posted: 01/10/2009 at 6:22pm | IP Logged Quote Tina Dean

Loren~

We are at a point in time where 'we as the true church' are having to come back to the table afresh and anew and enter into dialogue (communicate)so that the issues that have always divided and conquered us will be addressed honestly and in an open forum. 

I said that because there is a 'difference in context' between the two sentences.  The reason that there is so much bitterness toward pastors and churches, and why people are leaving in droves, lies at the very heart of that difference.

It was not a veiled barb with the intent for harm.  It was an honest and open question as to which context did you mean to speak from?

Edited by Tina Dean on 01/10/2009 at 6:24pm

View Tina Dean's Profile Search for other posts by Tina Dean
Loren Sandford

Posted: 01/10/2009 at 6:53pm | IP Logged Quote Loren Sandford

Tina,

That open forum you speak of is alive and well among the people of the church I serve. We're quite a bit different and anyone you would ask who knows us would testify to that. It seems we specialize in taking in the disillusioned, hurt and wounded and getting them healed up with a different sort of church experience than they have known. Amazing what grace and freedom can accomplish!

But you have to understand that the bitterness on these forums borders on viciousness sometimes and it has a strong tendency to paint with a very broad brush. I find myself often accused and pronounced guilty with no opportunity for defense - and if defense is given it often isn't heard. I've occasionally absented myself from these forums for extended periods of time just to get away from the ugliness that comes out.

No form of church life is any better than the people involved. No form of leadership is any better than the people involved. The problem isn't systemic, a problem of form, as much as it is a problem of character in the people involved. Lord heal us, please! I see people fleeing home churches as rapidly as they do traditional churches and for the same reasons. People suck. They hurt one another. People suck and then hurt one another because we haven't hungered desperately enough after the nature and character of Jesus to live, love, lead and minister as He did.

That brings it full circle to the problem our brother raised earlier. False prophets. False prophecy rises out of deficient intimacy with Jesus and out of character structures that have not yet been conformed to His image. The primary quest for any believer must be to be conformed to the image of the One who saved us. No other goal will suffice.

So, thanks for your reply.

Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 01/10/2009 at 7:12pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Loren, Just want to let you know that your comments about these mean forums really hurt. I am also sure some of the other volunteers who serve faithfully trying to keep things peaceful and edifying here for all who come by will also feel pain from your statements. We really try hard. And I have had many people testify of the love and fellowship they find on OH forums especially as compared to many other forums they have experienced.

I know we don't do it perfect in keeping the bad remarks down but you need to know that there are a bunch of really loving Jesus people who fellowship here. I don't for an instant believe that your intent is to cause pain and discouragement among those that try so to keep this place in good order for you and several thousand others who come by regularly.

Loren, we love you and highly respect you. I am truly sorry that you have the impression of OH that you do. I sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experiences here.

Keep on pursuing love.
It never fails.

Ron McGatlin
Coordinator OpenHeaven.com

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 01/10/2009 at 7:17pm
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Loren Sandford

Posted: 01/10/2009 at 7:26pm | IP Logged Quote Loren Sandford

My turn to apologize, Ron. I know you work hard at keeping the ugliness down. Unfortunately it does leak through sometimes. For my part I need to get over it. By way of explanation, I came across another posting yesterday on this forum again calling the organized church the great Babylon that everyone must escape from. It hit a very sore note for me and kind of lit up some old stuff. Criticism of the organized church is ongoing here, although that kind of thing has significantly diminished here and I know it's because you've worked hard at it. I'm hyper-sensitive in that area because my whole life is given to what many would call the organized church.

Nevertheless, I apologize for my carelessness. I never meant to hurt anyone - only to explain why I had to ask the question about the intent behind Tina's question. And I was genuinely grateful for her response.

Edited by Loren Sandford on 01/10/2009 at 7:57pm

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 01/10/2009 at 8:56pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Not to get too far off the topic subject but...there's the but*smiles*..in order to maybe help us distinguish some of the characteristics of an organization compared to an organism. Looking into biology we see a living organism which has these characteristic: orderly structure, produce offspring, grow, develope and adjusts to changes in the enviroment

Organization within the context of the church being a living organism has this meaning as well as in biology : orderly structure of cells in an organism 

An organization is not the people, but the people do have organization

It can get into further in seeing the need of the local church( living organism) and community...the coming together(community) of these local churches where there is then a thriving within the region where it/they are planted.

In looking again, just in biology..it is all relational. For sure Roms.1:20

blessings all,

View Kathy Bippus's Profile Search for other posts by Kathy Bippus
Loren Sandford

Posted: 01/10/2009 at 9:06pm | IP Logged Quote Loren Sandford

Kudos, Kathy!

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 01/11/2009 at 12:24am | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

hello Loren!

i've been doing some biology studying along with my daughter and i was completely in awe of how His creation speaks into these things. There are a number of terms when looking into that must be looked in scientific definition..not webster definitions.  He is absolutely glorious! "For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are cleary seen, being understood by the things that are made.."

Two really well written articles are :

Ron's: KINGDOM DISCIPLESHIP

Don Atkin : ACCOUNTABILITY’S ROLE IN REFORMATION - Don Atkin

*deleted post and placed the correct link of Don's which i was speaking of. all done, as i don't want to take away from the original topic :))

Denise Detwiler

Posted: 01/11/2009 at 1:43am | IP Logged Quote Denise Detwiler

I am so blessed and encouraged to see such people of light in the
company of my friends here! So often there's been a fear of the light
expressed and seen throughout my life, both in myself and among many
of the people I have known or observed. The people of light.
Communities of light. This is a day like no other!

I was awakened to this. For so many years I was afraid of the dark but
also afraid of the light. Interesting that. However when I began my
journey of experiencing the light of the gospel, and it was awakened in
me that there is a hope of glory and I began to know the hope of glory
Himself, Jesus Christ...then I also was losing my fear of light and dark.
Both.

And I find it is a great honor to have some of you as my friends and
accquaintances noble men and women of the light. The glory of the Lord
is rising upon you and I was awakened just now with these thoughts.

Actually addicted to the light. Liquid light. Liquid fire. Welcoming and
embracing the light so that we are becoming the light. And maybe it's
because I know you all better then the others...but Loren, Ron and Kathy
in particular your continual embracing of the light is such an
encouragement to me. I believe this is also our healing that Loren prays
for, for us. Light doesn't just expose the dark. Light drives it out and
heals and seals up the wounds; our only hope of glory - we once hid our
faces from Him. But now He lives in us and shines through.

I hope this makes sense. I believe it fits into the entire Is 60 thing and the
season we are in. A most glorious season. Light catches. And we
become addicted to it - but in a good way. We were created to live in this
light of life. Of His life, THE life...real life..eternal life...it's the air we
breathe to be what He made us...

I am so blessed to be among a people of light! This is our day to shine in
ways we could not and cannot imagine!

Edited by Denise Detwiler on 01/11/2009 at 1:56am
View Denise Detwiler's Profile Search for other posts by Denise Detwiler
Denise Detwiler

Posted: 01/11/2009 at 2:03am | IP Logged Quote Denise Detwiler

just noticed it's 1/11 and immediately this came to mind: one Lord, one
hope, one calling....

I know there are many other extremely important "ones" in scripture but
those are the three that first came to mind regarding this day..

we are one because of those particular "ones"
michele machado

Posted: 01/11/2009 at 7:12am | IP Logged Quote michele machado

Hi everyone, my brothers and sisters!
I've read this particular forum and find it interesting that as things shift and move in this transitional time we shall have to make some adjustments.  All areas of life will be tested, believers and unbelievers alike. But our God is Good and we all sit in HIS HANDS.  He is in control and we cannot manipulate Our God. May God show Himself to us in a Great Way personally and corporately.  I thought of this scripture as I read this forum.
          THUS SAYS THE LORD:
    Heaven is My throne, and the earth is my footstool.
    What kind of house would you build for Me?  And
    what kind can be my resting-place?
    For all these things My hand has made, and so all
    these things have come into being, says the Lord.
    But this the man to whom I will look and have regard:
             He who is humble and of a broken or wounded
     spirit, and who trembles at My word and reveres
    My commands.
                                  Isaiah 66:1,2    amplified

Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts.  God Bless all of you.  I pray that as we seek the Father of Light that he will show up in all His Glory, illuminiting our very existence in every thing we do. And if there be a spot or blemish somewhere I am quite certain God will see it and fairly with His grace and mercy will adjust us back to right standing.
Thank you Lord for the priviledge of today and I pray that our heart beats one with you.

michelle

View michele machado's Profile Search for other posts by michele machado
Dave Spencer

Posted: 01/11/2009 at 7:53am | IP Logged Quote Dave Spencer

Dear Loren,

What I most like about you is that you are a "people person".  You are truly gifted as a pastor.  You understood that Truth and Love go hand-in-hand way before I did!  Now I understand that there is no such thing as abstract Love or abstract Truth: that Truth is given Life by living in Love.  Truth without Love (Charity) is not Truth!

Some years ago I was invited to minister with our pastor during a Sunday morning service.  As we waited in the back of the building before the service the Holy Spirit allowed me to experience the "anointing" that a true pastor has been given, just for a min. or so.  The best that I can explain it is that it is a Lion's Love, a protective love of intense devotion.

Loren, perhaps this year, the Lord will begin to move you into more of a healing role in your city - to bring churches together in more and more unity.
By the way, when there are people like DD who are part of your church, that speaks loud and clear about what kind of church you are pastoring.

Holy Father, please take Loren into that place today as he speaks, where Your Heart will shine once again in the darkness. So be it!

With His Love,
Dave

Edited by Dave Spencer on 01/11/2009 at 7:54am
View Dave Spencer's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Spencer
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 01/11/2009 at 6:42pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

i wanted to share this picture as an example of a blooming community of flowers in a desert. it is a picture of hope to me..Christ in you the hope of glory. While yes, individually, there is fuller display in oneness of community. Each plant intricately designed making an open display of His glory and yet look what one sees in the coming/gathering together, ..greater glory! The Beauty of His Splendor, His Majesty is seen. We can then undertsand a bit further when is said in portion of..Isa.60

Arise, shine;
      For your light has come!
      And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you.
       2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
      And deep darkness the people;
      But the LORD will arise over you,
      And His glory will be seen upon you.
       3 The Gentiles shall come to your light,
      And kings to the brightness of your rising.
       4 “ Lift up your eyes all around, and see:
      They all gather together, they come to you;
      Your sons shall come from afar,
      And your daughters shall be nursed at your side.
       5 Then you shall see and become radiant,
      And your heart shall swell with joy;
      Because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you

web address of picture: http://www.atacamaphoto.com/atacama-flora/atacama-flora29.ht m

Edited by Kathy Bippus on 01/11/2009 at 8:21pm

Denise Detwiler

Posted: 01/12/2009 at 6:22am | IP Logged Quote Denise Detwiler

Michele - you have really said a mouthful there! There's a very definite
balance between taking God-moved action and trying in our own
strength and understanding to cause something to happen. Both of these
cause shakeup, however the God-moved actions of men and women of
God (and also sometimes in-actions) will serve to shake things to the
absolute core.

So it's not by our miniscule and limited perspective that we are to move,
or else not move. It's all got to be by His Spirit. And at times we will be
acutely aware of our "smallness" and be thinking/feeling "what on earth
have I got myself into!?!" But at the same time that still small voice of the
Lord and that peace which surpasses all understanding will be our
compass and not what anything looks or feels like at the moment.

I believe that those who are yet trying to "work it" in one way or another,
even those who are quite sincere in attempting to bring change and
reformation but according to their own estimations and predictions..are
the very ones whose faces will be paled at the awesomeness of God in it
all.

It's in our weakness we are strong in HIS strength. Thus there will no
longer be the drive or the need to overpower others. The aim has
completely shifted as we see expressed in the very start of this post. The
aim is not "who's right" or "who's wrong" but in cooperating with God in
bringing restoration and reformation and freedom. So some, in fact many
of the "words" will be similar sounding, however the heart is true and
pure. The words without HIS Spirit who is pure love have been dead.
There's LIFE in them where the Spirit is.

I believe this is where the mixture will continue even as it has been.
Which is spoken above. And we must choose not to be reactionary to
words which may "sound like" scary things we don't want, or they may
"sound like" the good things we seek, and know the hearts. But especially
HIS heart and He will faithfully gather us and also release from past ways
and so forth...we must be ready, however, to receive the king of glory in
His people, with His people.

Our good Father doesn't give us worms and call it spaghetti. So if the
word spaghetti for you has been stinky muddy worms...and a person
comes along saying how wonderful spaghetti is being served up, know
that the spaghetti you smell wafting from their kitchen is definitely not
the stinky worms, ask for open eyes to see and ears to hear and hearts to
perceive the real thing. They probably are not going to stop calling it
spaghetti. Why should they? It's real spaghetti. The other was not.
However they will show you and allow that real spaghetti to be checked
out thoroughly...no problem with that...they will happily give you time to
fully investigate and will not withdraw the invitation for the delicious
meal.

Vince Sucec

Posted: 01/12/2009 at 9:03am | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

This dream to me, recieved by a brother Ralph Ackey, says it all ... it speaks of the "organized" or classical church and the church as the people - the church as the least of us.  What is interesting is they are both the church. A theme that  came up a thousand years ago and that will continue to come up is WHO IS THE CHURCH ? Who are the elect? The elite ? The saved? The unsaved? Hmmmmm ....

Blessings, Vincent

Several months ago, I dreamed a dream.  In this dream that I believe was from God for instructing and challenging the Body of Christ, I was an observer inside a huge church with mahogany pews, altar, and exquisite wood work.  Low light and darkness prevailed with a bit of light in front.  There were not many people there at all...no activity, no sense of the presence of God.  I was at the side looking on when in walked a young, unmarried couple with tattoos, spiked hair and a punky, streetwise way about them.  Clearly, they were seeking not to disrupt but how they might fit in but they were not welcome by the few who were there in attendance.  In fact, they were ushered out a seemingly invisible side door near the wall.  I watched as they were 'shown the door' and my spirit man followed them.  Once outside, the absolutely blinding light of the noon day sun (I remember that indeed, it was high noon and that the sun was at it's zenith!) attacked all my senses in a good way.  I saw the couple in front of me suddenly changed and transformed by that light with just a few people around them on a podium that overlooked a city in the clear, blue sky.  The scene shifted time abruptly and I found that I didn't move from the church itself but was back inside it's dark walls.  This time, there seemed to be a bit more activity.  Flowers adorned the inside top of each of the pews for an upcoming celebration of some kind.  As I pondered what sort of 'party' or celebration might be shortly taking place, I noticed a commotion toward the back of the church and in walked a couple, hand-in-hand, preparing to get married, decked out to the hilt, wedding gown, etc.  like they had just come out of GQ or Vogue magazine.  As I looked closely at them, I noticed it was this same couple that had been kicked out of this very church and had been transformed by the light of God outside.  None of the church folks knew it was them because they looked so different on the outside but they were glad to be throwing a wedding party (although, I had this sense that they had already gotten married, that this was more perfunctory ceremony of some kind)...then I awoke. 

I think the message is obvious from the Lord...He wants a bride that is willing to eschew the trappings of religion, allow herself to be thrust out of the four walls of a tradition that has long ceased informing and inspiring and where there is nothing but death and darkness coupled with the hint (the beautiful mahogny furniture) that something spiritually invigorating and wonderful had once been there but long ago and not passed on....thrust into the Light of His noon-day presence where He is free to transform and redeem without the restrictions of man-made religion that constricts and suffocates.  The couple comes back in to this dying church in complete humility, willing to go to the very people who had showed them the door and work for change within.  The church does not notice them, nor will it notice us...that is okay as long as we have the hope that one day they will see Christ and real transformation of His bride can happen.  Those who do not see this will, unwittingly,  be celebrating, as this church did, the real wedding of Christ to His bride!  Praise God!!

Edited by Vince Sucec on 01/12/2009 at 9:06am

Loren Sandford

Posted: 01/12/2009 at 10:30am | IP Logged Quote Loren Sandford

For the record, Vince is another one of "mine". He is a member of the church I pastor. The picture painted in his dream and what he says the church should become was well illustrated yesterday in both our services (one in the morning - one in the evening). Just to give a snapshot of our evening service, there was a smattering of business types present. Next to them sat a pair of what looked to be bikers with tattoos and hair down to the shoulders. In front of them sat a woman, grossly overweight and missing most of her teeth who just happens to be one of the most valuable servants in our church. In the rows in front of her sat a whole group of physically and mentally challenged special needs people. Before I preached, a woman, severely limited in her speaking ability by cerebral palsy, came forward to pray for me over the microphone. To my left sat a row of young adults with their tattoos and piercings, including one or two unwed mothers still in high school, one of whom is planning a wedding in two weeks that I hope I'll get to preside over. A 37-year-old mother of several children with 5 years of sobriety (who came to us fresh out of treatment - she'd lost her children and everything else that mattered to her) stood up to testify to the new job she had just gotten and how she had already prayed for 5 people in that very public place. And she's had her children back for most of those 5 years.

God is sparking a reformation in churches many of you would call "organized" or "institutional". It may be just a few of us, but it has begun. It started for me in 1980 when I planted my first church and has taken firm root in the church I now pastor.

Thanks for the word, Vince.

Vince Sucec

Posted: 01/12/2009 at 10:40am | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

Yes thanks Pastor,

Such is the Nature of OUR Wonderful God. Healing US by exposing our divisions BY illuminating what it means to be in the midst of US !

Zach Dixon

Posted: 01/29/2009 at 8:41am | IP Logged Quote Zach Dixon

There are some great things in this post , The comments in the post about prophetic words Accountability by Fred London also touch on some of what was said here.

Saints take a look and see the thread that the Holy Spirit is weaving .

shalom........zachary

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version