Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: Nine Features of The Coming Revival - Terry Somerville Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02/26/2009 at 2:31pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

TerryNine Features of The Coming Revival

Dear friends

We sense it, we scripturally know it, we prophetically hear it. The greatest revival the world has ever known will soon sweep the earth and bring in the end times harvest.  Yet before this happens God is preparing the heart of His people to overflow with His love.  You see, every previous revival has ultimately collapsed under the weight of a self serving carnality in the church.    Yes, God can sweep the earth with power, but a revival that makes ready the Bride of Christ  with eyes only for Him is another thing.   It's a matter of our hearts being drawn away from the world (and the worldly systems in the church) and captured by Him . This is what the current shift  in the church is all about.

So what does this last revival look like? What can we anticipate about its features. Here are nine characteristics I see coming in the last great revival.

1. The Last Great Revival Will Be A Love Revival.    In this revival the compassion of the Father will indwell believers to such an extent that they will feel and act as Jesus does towards unbelievers.   Of course there will also be biblical truth preached, mighty repentance, Holy Spirit power, and miracles.  But the major characteristic of the last revival will be the sheer immensity of God's love flowing through His people.  They will be motivated by compassion and be as Christ is to the world, truly loving even  the worst sinner.  Gods love is the great need of  modern man.  It melts every barrier, and the devil has no weapon that can defeat it. When Christians are filled with this love it will release a torrent of pure miracles, and salvation.

2. The Last Great Revival Will Spread Like a Virus -  This revival will be fundamentally organic rather than institutional.  It will spread through relationships more than programs and meetings.  Of course there will be anointed meetings, and organized ministry of all kinds, but this revival will mainly be caught not taught, transformed not just informed. It will spread by spiritual contact with compassionate people.      

3. The Last Great Revival Will Reveal The New Wineskin - There is has been much speculation about the "new wineskin" of the church in the last days.  Many are looking for new forms, structures and ways to meet. But the new wineskin is not about any of those things, rather The body of Christ IS the Wineskin.   In this revival, for example, if someone asks "what is the name of your ministry?" I would say it's "Terry Somerville,  I am my ministry!"  Or, what is the name  of your church? We would say "we are the church."   The Body of Christ IS the New Wineskin!  It will be clearly understood that OUR LIFE is the context of our Christianity. 

4. The Last Great Revival Will Manifest The Kingdom Of God.  We have been wanting to see the Kingdom,  and as  this revival reaches deep into the heart, the Kingdom is manifest through us.  Christians themselves ARE  "A kingdom of Priests"  (Rev.5:10)   Gods people bring the Kingdom into their sphere of influence. The glory and favor of God will be seen in earthly affairs where ever Gods people are.

5. The Last Great Revival Will Prepare The Bride Of Christ This revival will cause the Bride of Christ to purify herself,  and be prepared for her husband.  We will not be Holy because we have to, but because we want to.  Passion and desire for Him, rather than the old religious things is already coming upon the church. This is sweeping the world today in  a divinely orchestrated act of preparation!  As Paul said in 1 Cor 13:11, we will put away childish things as we grow to maturity.  

6. The Last Great Revival Will Cause Believers To Truly Behold Jesus   When we fail to see Jesus as He is, we we tend to create  God in our own image.  This has been the great failing of the church through the ages. But this revival will cause us to experience the heart of Christ, to know Him as never before. To be totally immersed in who He is.  This will radically change who we are.

7. The Last Great Revival Will Cause Us To See People In The Image of God   This revival will transform our perspective of other people, especially the lost.  When  Jesus captures our heart with His love, we truly see people as He made them... in His image. This is what Jesus meant when He said   Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40   

8. The Last Great Revival Will Reveal The Sons and Daughters of God.  In the past believers have lived with an "orphan spirit". This results in shame, distant relationships, striving for acceptance, fear of future,  performance, competition and so on.    But, as the love and compassion of God is received in this revival, the sons of God are revealed. The DNA of the Fathers love for the world will flow through His children.

9. The Last Great Revival Will Recover The Gospel    Today the gospel is is almost entirely missing from our  faith. Most Christians are like a prodigal son who can't accept that the Father totally restored them. We believe Christ died for our sins and complete restoration,  but we don't live like it!  Christians often  live under religious obligation,  fear hidden sin,  think they can be cursed,  believe they don't deserve healing,  and feel they must perform something for God before they can receive from Him.  We have little good news for others.

But, the last great revival will so reveal the Fathers heart to us, that we will finally see the fullness of the gospel.  We will see that all sin is gone, my iniquity (why I sin) is paid for,  all sickness taken, my sonship restored, all curses removed,  every devils defeated, provision made, purpose given, Kingdom present, Holy Spirit come, and more. As Paul said  "All things are yours",  We have the best news for desperate world.

Blessings
Terry Somerville
www.totalchange.org
View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version