Subject Topic: "Hearing" - A Precious Gift Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
ElaineTavolacci

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06/18/2009 at 4:29pm | IP Logged Quote ElaineTavolacci

Elaine Tavolacci
www.awordinseason.info

"Hearing" ~ A Precious Gift"

I work with elderly people and this afternoon I took one of my lady clients who is ninety-five years old to an ear doctor for an adjustment on her hearing aide. While in the waiting room I noticed a diagram of an ear with the entire auditory system on the wall. The picture showed the sensory system for hearing. Above the diagram was a huge sign which read: HEARING ~ A PRECIOUS GIFT. When I read that sign the Holy Spirit quickened this word to me. The doctor explained to me that sometimes the voices and noises around the patient are amplified with the hearing aide and it interferes with them tuning in to the voice of the person that is speaking to them. All the clamour around them can be so loud and disturbing that they have to learn how to tune out the outside distractions to be able to hear the person who is speaking to them. I thought to myself, what an awesome analogy for Christians that are having difficulty hearing the voice of the Holy Spirit. Before we can hear His voice we need to first filter out the voice of our soul (Our own thoughts), the voices of the people around us and the voices of the enemy. We can all learn to hear the Holy Spirits voice. This is His desire for us but we must be willing to submit to Him and tune our ears to hear. Jesus said in the book of John that His sheep know His voice.

John 10: 4 - 5
And when He brings out His own sheep, He goes before them; and the sheep follow Him, for they know His voice. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.

Hearing His voice is one of the most precious gifts that we can receive. Communication is always a two way street. It is important to keep a line of communication open with God. He can speak to us through a still small voice, an inner thought, an image, a dream or a vision, a feeling, a knowing, an impression, meditation (on Him) or whatever other way He chooses. The key is to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and how He is speaking at the time because He speaks in so many ways.

Job 33: 14 - 16
For God may speak in one way, or in another, Yet man does not perceive it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falls upon men, While slumbering on their beds, Then He opens the ears of men, And seals their instruction.

Hearing His voice is not some mystical or spooky thing. You may have heard some people claiming that God said certain things that were totally absurd but don't allow that to turn you off from the genuine. It is imperative that you know the Holy Spirits voice for yourself so that you don't get derailed from the truth. His voice will always line up with His word. Learning to hear Gods voice is not something we learn instantly but it is a process. It is imperative to spend quality time with reading the Word of God and prayer to cultivate a personal relationship with Him. A person will take on the aroma of whatever they spend a lot of time around.

Isaiah 30:21
Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left.

The more intimate you become with Him, the easier it will become to recognize His voice. Although there are many voices out there that vies for your attention, tune in to His voice. The key is to become sensitive to The Holy Spirit. Ask the Lord to sensitize you to His voice and fine tune your hearing. Ask for clarification and discernment. He desires to commune with you.

Edited by ElaineTavolacci on 09/29/2012 at 3:55pm

www.TheVoiceOfProphecy.com

View ElaineTavolacci's Profile Search for other posts by ElaineTavolacci Visit ElaineTavolacci's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version