Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10/07/2009 at 6:33pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

Connected With God

By John Belt

I. RIDE IN HIGH PLACES

Isaiah 58:13-14

... delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

The Lord will cause us to ride in the high places with Him. God desires us to be all that He has called us to be.  It does not happen by our trying to accomplish it in our own strength.  But as we delight ourselves in Him and His ways, wrapped in His goodness, surrounded by His grace and filled with His Spirit we can discover who we already are in Him. Our time with God just makes things work.  Jesus has accomplished everything for us so that we can simply walk into His call for our lives. He also set the example by spending time with the Father.  Everything He did flowed out of being connected to the Father. There is no push or pull that will make us anything more that what He has made us to be.  But as we gaze into His face we will reflect His person and be what we already are in Him.

II. HONESTY & FAITH

It is like a fish that belongs in the ocean.  If we saturate ourselves in His Presence then we will find ourselves being who we are in Him.  No performance is necessary.  We don't have to artificially make ourselves be something we are not.  But as we connect with Him He makes us whole and complete.   His Presence is the life that we need to experience daily.  We can experience Him all the time.  It is just a matter of focus, dedication, commitment and surrender.

Luke 8:15

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Our honesty, commitment and faithfulness to His words helps us to experience Him.  He is drawn to the humble heart that is honest and does not mind being transparent with Him, but believes that He is also big enough to take care of all things.  When our honesty is combined with faith it opens the door for God to come in and do His work.  When we trust in Him we cleave to His words and experience His promises partaking in His divine nature.

2 Peter 1:4

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

III. TIPPING THE SCALES

HIS DIRECTION

Psalms 5:11-12

But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.   For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

When we give God control of all things, we let go of all things.  There are some things we can do as we follow His leading, but He is the One that causes happen and work out.  The more we release our control, the more He gains control.  It is like weight scales.  The Lord needs the scales to tip His direction.  We need to lessen our weight on things - that allows Him to do His thing.  This is the life of faith and trust. There is no trust without letting go.  God is for us.  He will always come through, as we trust in Him.  As people born of the Spirit our natural habitat is the Presence of God.  As we spend time in Him Presence everything begins to fit in place.  But if we don't we really are like fish out of water drying up and out of place.  Our life is found in the glory of God.

IV. HOLY SPIRIT AT ALL TIMES

John 14:21

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

No matter what we experience, trials or tests, God is faithful to be with us in every place we go.  We have continual access into His Presence.  The Holy Spirit dwelling within us in not just a nice idea or a good thought, He is the person of God that has tangible expression to us and through us.  He is the Spirit of Glory.  He is the treasure that dwells within us.  The Holy Spirit is our helper.   He can help us if we receive from Him.  If we welcome the Spirit to saturate our hearts and minds, to control our every thought and guide us we will discover the best life that God has ordained for us.  A life without a continual connection to the life of the Spirit is dry and desolate.  We need His fresh water daily to flourish in the Lord.  Jesus came to give us abundant life.  The Holy Spirit is the carrier of this life.  There has to be a call to Him to come, a continual welcoming of His person in our lives. As a people of the Spirit we can live and breathe in the eternal environment of His glory with living revelation of His goodness.  

By John Belt

www.liveinhispresence.com

View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version