Subject Topic: Don’t Limit Your Potential Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
ElaineTavolacci

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10/15/2009 at 7:26pm | IP Logged Quote ElaineTavolacci

Elaine Tavolacci

www.awordinseason.info

Don't Limit Your Potential

Many of you have been dwelling on your past mistakes and misfortunes and this is hindering you from moving forward. You may be thinking that if you did things differently in your life you wouldn't be where you are today. The things that you have been through in your life is your history not your testimony. I am not saying that it is not good to share with others what Jesus did for you because we are supposed to be walking testimonies and living epistles. What I am saying is that you are not the person that you used to be and therefore you need to change your mind set about the way you think about yourself. Many of you are limiting your potential for what God created you to be. If you were lame and unable to walk He wants to make you a runner. If you were illiterate and unable to read, He would love to make you a teacher. If you were mute and not able to speak it would be His pleasure to make you a minister of His Word. He wants to take the average Joe and make him into a Joseph. He can turn any situation around He wants to turn your testimony into a trophy of His faithfulness.

Proverbs 16: 3
Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed.

This week I was listening to a teaching from Graham Cooke. If you can receive this revelation from this word it can change your life.
Graham Cooke was talking about how Jesus has changed us throughout the years that we have been Christians. Although you change in many areas sometimes your mind set and your language doesn't change with you. Your mind set should not come from whom you were but it should come from whom you are now. Better yet, the best mind set to have is the mind set of whom you are going to be. You are not the person who you used to be and sometimes you are changed but your thinking hasn't changed. God did something new in you but you are still thinking old even though you know that you are a different person from whom you once were.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

He said that God called you to do something that is impossible, unreasonable and unattainable and the only way that you are going to do it is to have a brilliant relationship with Jesus. Your calling is to understand who He is to you and where He wants to place you in the kingdom. This comes from having the eyes of your heart being enlightened. It is not logical reason based and not an intellect pursuit of knowledge. It is to know the Holy Spirit by the experience of His nature. Wherever you came from, whatever you've done in your past Jesus wants to do something extraordinary in your life.

Ephesians 3: 20 - 21
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Edited by ElaineTavolacci on 09/29/2012 at 5:14pm

www.TheVoiceOfProphecy.com

View ElaineTavolacci's Profile Search for other posts by ElaineTavolacci Visit ElaineTavolacci's Homepage
Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/15/2009 at 8:13pm | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

Quote:
He said that God called you to do something that is impossible, unreasonable and unattainable and the only way that you are going to do it is to have a brilliant relationship with Jesus. Your calling is to understand who He is to you and where He wants to place you in the kingdom. This comes from having the eyes of your heart being enlightened. It is not logical reason based and not an intellect pursuit of knowledge.

It is as if the whole Christian experience is trying to get to "unlearn" a certain way of being.  After we get saved, we're told to let his word transform our minds.  Praying in tongues basically bypassed "rational" processes - which is why some people have a hard time receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit.  Saying the Word to yourself, not letting the Word depart your mouth, as He commands in Josh 1:8 and other places, seems "irrational".  Jesus tells us we need to trust in God like a little child.  Peter stepping out of the boat onto the water was not rational behavior.  You see far more miracles in Africa and places outside the USA, perhaps because of the Greek Philosophical underpinnings in our educational system and even in "Christian Theology" since Constantine in the Western World - which is a "tainted gospel" because Judaism is really not compatible with Augustine and Aquinas's merging Christianity with Plato and Aristotle.

We know that Jesus sacrifice "undid" everything bad that came after the fall in the Garden of Eden - His death on the cross removed the separation of God and Man for those who accept Jesus's sacrifice, He bore our sickness and diseases, etc.

What we don't hear too much about is undoing the mistake Eve made of eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil itself.

Perhaps the emphasis we have on rational thought in the West is just as bad as the other aspects of the fall.  Knowing things with our  spirit, enlightened by the Holy Spirit, may be the way we were meant to interact with the world and others.  How much trouble do we get in when we "lean unto our own understanding" rather than trusting in the Lord with all our hearts?  How many miracles would we see if we stopped relying on reason and starting "just believing" what the word says?  No longer asking "Why" but saying "I trust what your word says, I don't have to know why" like a little child trusts in God.

I believe we were meant to live from our Spirit, where the Lord lives.  We were meant to know and understand things from within our spirit, to speak Words from our spirits that effect the world, impart blessings, etc.  I think before the fall the minds played much different roles than they do now, and they were not the primary organ for understanding existence.....

The Lord has not shown me much in this area, just commenting on things I have seen and thought about.

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 10/15/2009 at 8:14pm

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.
View Jeffrey Stewart's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffrey Stewart Visit Jeffrey Stewart's Homepage
Yvette castillo

Posted: 10/16/2009 at 7:29am | IP Logged Quote Yvette castillo

WOW!! Praise God.... this word truely truely Blessed me!!! I needed to hear that, thank you Lord

View Yvette castillo's Profile Search for other posts by Yvette castillo
ElaineTavolacci

Posted: 10/16/2009 at 1:17pm | IP Logged Quote ElaineTavolacci

Yes I agree. It is a shame that when Christians accept the Lord they have to unlearn all the doctrine that they learned in religion. The gospel is so simple. Jesus wants to take someone that the world cast off and make them into someone great.

View ElaineTavolacci's Profile Search for other posts by ElaineTavolacci Visit ElaineTavolacci's Homepage
Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/16/2009 at 8:43pm | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

I agree.  I am wondering if Theology (as we know it) is even discussed in Heaven  (beyond discussion of what Jesus did for us on the Cross).  Its all about Relationship with Jesus and each other.  The Gospel is very simple.  Even a young child can receive it.  Even a young child can believe it.  Even a young child can walk in it.  Love.  Believe.  Trust.  Love God and each other.  Believe what the Word says.  Trust your Heavenly Father.  I am getting where  I do not like hearing theological discussions, psychology preached from the pulpits, doctrines of demons in the form The Power of Positive Thinking, etc. 

Paul was extremely educated and He came to the point where his only goal was to know Christ and Him Crucified, everything else he counted as rubbish.  That seems like a good thing to do, to me.

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.
View Jeffrey Stewart's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffrey Stewart Visit Jeffrey Stewart's Homepage
ElaineTavolacci

Posted: 10/16/2009 at 8:55pm | IP Logged Quote ElaineTavolacci

I agree Jeffrey! One thing that I know for a fact... There wont be any arguing over doctrine in heaven. There wont be any denominations in heaven. LOL. You are so right It is that simple that a child can recieve it easier than religious infected people! Thats why Jesus said in Mark:

Mark 10:15
Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the
kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.

LOL. That will take care of the doctrine dispute.

Edited by ElaineTavolacci on 10/16/2009 at 8:56pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version