Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: Interpreting of dreams, visions and prophetic words. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Kriston Couchey

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 12/16/2009 at 1:02pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

I am writing this to help people clarify just what FATHER is saying in this hour, Father is speaking loudly. But it is important to know that what He means by what He is saying and what we THINK He means by what He is saying is many times NOT he same thing.

I have learned that many if not most dreams are interpreted awry because of false concepts of first of all who Father is, and secondly, because of false concepts in Christianity.

#1 I see many taking dreams literally that are not meant as literal, but have symbolic meaning. God has ALWAYS spoken symbolically and with pictures. Jesus spoke parables to the masses, and gave understanding to only a few who were faithful with that understanding. 

#2 It is important before you run with a dream or interpretation to ask Father what it means. i have had dreams that i did not know, but when I asked I received the understanding of it from The Holy Spirit.

Concerning these days we are in,  many are have sober messages and dreams and want to apply them in fleshly situations that are simply external manifestation of the real world, the spirit realm. This tends to cause people to become fearful and war in the flesh, when Father is trying to make another point altogether.

Today is the day of the expression of Father in the face of His children. As Christ was sent to the world as the perfect expression of His Father, so in this day we His sons are being sent as His expression. Christ is being made manifest in His brothers and sisters. It is important to interpret dreams and words with God's purpose for the hour in mind, and not by teachings from people who learned and taught them by men's own wisdom and understanding. This is not the hour of a rapture or destruction of the earth, it is the hour of great transition and transformation of God's sons into the likeness and image of Christ.  In THIS all of creation is shaking and trembling. Christ is come, in you...

Kris

Edited by Kriston Couchey on 12/16/2009 at 1:04pm

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
julie scott

Posted: 12/16/2009 at 2:18pm | IP Logged Quote julie scott

I understand what you are saying, but we must also remember that the spirit world manifests in the physical world.  And there is most certainly physical destruction coming upon the land.  Look at the Phillipines. we must be careful not to dismiss the prophecies of others simply b/c we disagree with it.  We are each give different areas to 'work' in.  Some warn of coming disasters (which is actually an act of mercy), some encourage and lift up, some heal, etc.  We must look at the whole picture, not just the things that are easy to digest.  Some the the Words that God is giving IS full of anger and wrath.  He is a loving God, yet He is also a God of Justice.  Can we truly believe that our country can put in an express lane to kill unborn children, or that our preachers can lead people to death and not expect destruction?  There is nothing that makes America different from Rome.  We aren't invincible, and we're not nearly that 'good guys' that we think we are. God is angry with America.

View julie scott's Profile Search for other posts by julie scott
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/16/2009 at 4:21pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Julie,

God does have wrath and anger for the unbelieving, it is testified to in scripture. As far as credible and accurate prophetic voices today? I have heard many prophecies of both those obsessed with wrath and those who don't believe God will judge sin anymore, I do not even listen anymore to any person who is out of balance.

Most are either prophesying their OWN wrath or their own lack of respect for the holiness of God. Why? they prophesy and interpret visions and dreams by the OWN minds and not the mind of Christ. MOST people prophesying regarding national issues (in my opinion) do it simply out of their own personal feelings about an issue. That is my opinion by the way. Many prophesy opinion and call it God. My opinion is my own and not God. I see MANY prophesy their opinion. And that is the point of my post. Most stuff i read is opinion with God's name tacked to it. Most of the anger and wrath is MAN'S wrath.

There certainly are a lot of things being destroyed and removed. Praise God for it too. Do you think a man made government such as the USA or any other system of men is going to stand? it will not. You don't even need to be a prophet to know this is the case. Just read Daniel's account of the mountain of the Lord turning ALL kingdoms of this earth to dust. It is all going to be wiped away in this hour.

It is not the destruction of the earth that is coming, it is the destruction of the system of men's works that is coming. Father is purifying out of a love that is angry at the perversion and destruction of that which Father loves. and it is called wrath.

This is something to rejoice over, Babylon is falling and good riddance to it. Lets not focus on Babylon and it's piddly constitutions and man made rules. Father's eyes are focused on one thing, His son's Bride. And he will remove anything that gets in the way of the union of Christ with His people. THAT is the word of the hour and NOT my opinion.

There is one call, to repentance and submission to the king of Kings. To be in rebellion and unbelief will cost you your soul, that is wrath enough. Lets be focused on what He is focused on today, bringing forth a pure and Holy people.

Kris

David L. Smith

Posted: 12/16/2009 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote David L. Smith

Interesting topic; and, good points raised by all.

Regarding the interpretation, and indeed - even the posting or declaration of dreams/visions/words from God:  yes, it is very important to be lead by holy spirit in determining the validity, and interpretation, of dreams/visions/words from God.  Too often, people try to think about what such and such means... when there are so many variables to consider that only God, and Christ working within us by way of holy spirit, can know if the dream/vision/word is even meant for us to understand.

I've been in services where true, and valid, words from God have been spoken... and it could not have applied to me in the slightest... but, I was still blessed, 1) because it was a 'Word' from God, and 2) because I knew God was speaking to others in the room.

Anytime, ANYONE speaks of God and His Word, you should be "checking" to see if it is a valid 'Word' from God.  First off, it is a good habit to get into; 2nd, it is good to practice - and exercise - your holy spirit gift so you may further your own personal walk with God; 3rd, God says to trust no person, but to check the scriptures, and to check your understanding, to see if those things be so.

Does that mean you are supposed to "check" your beloved Pastor? that world reknowned Evangelist? You Husband? Wife? Prayer Partner? The Prophet that EVERYONE says is so right on?

When it comes to God's Word, yes... you should always make certain 1) that you understand; 2) if you don't understand, consider the words, ask, the Father, check with holy spirit; maybe "put it on the back burner" to dwell on; 3) ask!; or 4) just accept it as words spoken and then just let it go... learn from it, consider it, but... if the words are not something that you get anything from... let it go and pray about it, asking God and holy spirit to help you with your understanding.  Sometimes, by letting it go, in our minds, we understand it better.

And, of course, if the dream/vision/word contradict God's Word (or your understanding of God's Word), then, go through the above process (which is NOT set in stone, by the way!) and reject the words, or just let it go... depending, spiritually on the best course of action.

Bottom line is... trust God.  Everyone else - including ourselves - check against God's Word. (Ronald Reagan said, "Trust, but Verify".  That is good to remember.)

As far as the "hour" or the "season" that we are in; I go by the same basic principle; consider, learn, listen... but ultimately... check everything against the Word of God.

For example, and this is JUST an example (I don't want to introduce another, different 'topic within a topic'), there is good evidence that the year we are living in is not actually 2009 (in God's timetable) but it could actually be 2012, or even 2013 A.D... after the birth of Jesus!  (LOL  Now that could raise a few eye brows!).  I'm not even certain that todays date, in God's eyes, is December 16th!  (And, no, that's not a reference to the Jewish year, etc) 

My point being, when it comes to "the world" and the things of the world... trust God and His Word 1st... everything else 2nd. And know that one day, we shall know even as we are known... and, oh, what a Day of Glory and Rejoicing THAT will be!

julie scott

Posted: 12/16/2009 at 5:41pm | IP Logged Quote julie scott

Kriston Couchey wrote:
Julie,

It is not the destruction of the earth that is coming, it is the destruction of the system of men's works that is coming. Father is purifying out of a love that is angry at the perversion and destruction of that which Father loves. and it is called wrath.

This is something to rejoice over, Babylon is falling and good riddance to it
. Lets not focus on Babylon and it's piddly constitutions and man made rules. Father's eyes are focused on one thing, His son's Bride. And he will remove anything that gets in the way of the union of Christ with His people. THAT is the word of the hour and NOT my opinion.

There is one call, to repentance and submission to the king of Kings. To be in rebellion and unbelief will cost you your soul, that is wrath enough. Lets be focused on what He is focused on today, bringing forth a pure and Holy people.

Kris

I agree with this, for sure.  However,when God, in His great mercy, warns of an earthquake, do you not think it appropriate that we be merciful as well and warn others.  Even (or especially) the unbelievers?  Do you not think that God sent His prophets to warn those in the Phillipines of the disasters to come upon them?  How unkind would it be to keep hidden the wisdom God gives us.  When God says to warn His people we should do just that, whether or not it is recieved.  To do otherwise would be to have thier blood on our hands.  We must warn. If they refuse the word, then it is thier own foolishness that destroys them. God is instructing His watchmen, He is giving us dreams and visions.  He compells us to warn others. I do not want to stand before Him and say I that did not do as He commanded.  And neither do others.  Therefore, we must let them speak. Perhaps some are confused or misled, but that should not cause us to hinder those who do speak for God.  Let's weigh each message individually, not dismiss the entire category.  ; )

View julie scott's Profile Search for other posts by julie scott
Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 12/16/2009 at 7:48pm | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

Kriston Couchey wrote:

Today is the day of the expression of Father in the face of His children. As Christ was sent to the world as the perfect expression of His Father, so in this day we His sons are being sent as His expression. Christ is being made manifest in His brothers and sisters. It is important to interpret dreams and words with God's purpose for the hour in mind, and not by teachings from people who learned and taught them by men's own wisdom and understanding. This is not the hour of a rapture or destruction of the earth, it is the hour of great transition and transformation of God's sons into the likeness and image of Christ.  In THIS all of creation is shaking and trembling. Christ is come, in you...

Kris

This is exactly what He has shown me.  We have just transitioned into the greatest phase the Church has ever seen, when His Bride is transformed into the Glorious Bride, and the period where God's power will be manifest on the Earth far more than even the greatest miracles of the Old Testament.  For His Bride is going to radiate with His Glory for all men to see, and millions upon millions will be drawn unto Jesus and be saved.  Both of these things will occur in this generation.

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 12/16/2009 at 7:50pm

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.
View Jeffrey Stewart's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffrey Stewart Visit Jeffrey Stewart's Homepage
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/16/2009 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

julie,

Who said to not warn of an earthquake or anything else Father may be saying??? I never did!

I am writing to speak the truth that hearing from God and understanding what He is saying in what He has said are two different things. I trust very few on earth today to really give a pure word or interpretation.

Kris

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/16/2009 at 9:04pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

I trust few because men's prophesies because men like to add their own to it. some of the most amazingly gifted prophets I know have erred in interpretation while being completely accurate in their delivery.

I see today men opposing that which they prophesied from the Lord, and joining forces with false things they prophesied would come. Accurate prophesy and vision, but false interpretation and errant application. They heard Fathers words, but never comprehended His heart. Lack of knowledge of Father is the doorway to error, even in highly gifted and anointed vessels with great authority.

MJ

God is not focused on destruction, He is looking for a few dead people to be a light to the nations. It's time to be that light to the broken and confused who live in darkness.

Times of trouble (tribulation) are the birth pangs of the kingdom which signal the coming forth of the glorious purposes of God for the ages. The day of the Lord is at hand. The earth and heavens are already shaking and darkness is deep, but Rise and shine and lift up your heads! For the glory of the Lord is rising. It is not a time for fear, it is a time for faith and obedience. It is not a time to look at the darkness, but a time to become the light.

The Glory of God Himself in His people who have died to self, will be the judging factor of the both the church and the world. To judge means to discern or decide, it means to weigh and to separate. We are entering a time of separation of the profane and the sacred, in the church and then in the world. All that is transpiring in this hour is the result of the Lord bent on fulfilling his passion of Love for His bride. Even God's wrath is an expression of Love for mankind.

As this separation continues there will be great turmoil and tribulation. God's greater desire is to harvest souls in this fullness of time season. The end result is the great joy of the purpose of God being fulfilled. His desire to once again reunite mankind with himself in a relationship of union and intimacy. Intimacy of a groom with a bride, intimacy of children with their Father.

He is raising up sons as servants, not slaves to law or religion. God has a purpose, and WE will judge the nations if we are found faithful.

Kris

Bill Evans

Posted: 12/16/2009 at 9:09pm | IP Logged Quote Bill Evans

Kriston You are right on for me.

Tina Dean

Posted: 12/16/2009 at 10:20pm | IP Logged Quote Tina Dean

"I trust very few on earth today to really give a pure word or interpretation."

Wow, that is quite the statement.

View Tina Dean's Profile Search for other posts by Tina Dean
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/16/2009 at 10:47pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Yes Tina, it is quite a statement, and it is true. I trust to Holy Spirit in me to speak to me truth through what others say, but I do not look to them for the guidance and prophetic direction I need.

I actually receive and trust much more prophetic words in the mouths of the immature who don't fully understand their meaning. My children for example.

I also receive from mature vessels who get a dream vision or word, but the meaning behind the words i get from the holy spirit, because many times, the interpretation is limited and tainted by a persons false teachings or view of God. Also men habitually add to God's words their own opinion.

Father does speak to me greatly through others, but some times they are not aware. It seems it is in those that presume to speak for Him I many times hear another spirit speaking, even with a true prophetic utterance there can be another spirit hijacking the word, taking it where it was not meant to go, many WRATH words are like this. A Kernel of truth in a grain bin of personal opinion.

Kris

David L. Smith

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 6:44am | IP Logged Quote David L. Smith

I learned a long time ago to : "receive the good; reject the bad".  When a believer speaks a 'Word' from God, oft times, they may get two or three sentences from God, then add maybe another line or two from their own mind or will. It has become popular, especially on the internet, to get a 'Word' from God and turn it into a whole teaching.  You see that - a lot - on one of the most popular prophecy sites (mixed in among the advertisements selling things).

The point is - receive the 'Words' from God, consider the other words, and thank God that He still speaks to His people today!

It is easy to wail before the Lord and proclaim that "I, only I" remain (in my house, my church, my city, whatever)... Elijah, one of the greatest of the prophets of God did that.

The primary thing to remember is that God works within many... even those who are not where they should be.... look at Balaam! and Jonah!

I thank God for every single person that has the spirit of God inside! Yes, it saddens me that many allow God to only truly work within a small portion of their lives... but... I was there, too, at several points in my life.

But, praise God, we can still pray for them, encourage them, admonish them - according to God's Word - and look forward to that time when we all stand before the throne, in unity, singing holy, holy, holy...

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 8:14am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

David,

I agree, we must learn to discern. This was not written to discourage prophecy. But to help shed a little more light on it. It is true, I personally have added my own words to Father's. It is still a temptation to do so to make a point. We don't throw out prophecy, we judge it. We are commanded to let others prophecy and each should judge it.

When I speak of pure words I am speaking of measure of purity of a word. James Goll is one man whom I have great respect for. I have heard pure words from him that are wonderful.

He talks of Andrew Murray, who was one of the preparers of heart before the Azuza Street and the outpouring at the turn of that century. Andrew Murray heard God clearly concerning many things and his written works are still inspiring to me and many.

But Andrew Murry OPPOSED the outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Azuza because He had His own ideas of what God was doing in the hour in which He lived. I am concerned many will miss what Father is doing like Him because while they love God and have great understanding and revelation, they still have places where religion and the mind of the flesh are tainting their understanding of what God is doing in the hour in which they live.

If you are prophesying God as bent on vengeance when He is bent on bringing forth a new day of release that has vengeance as one element for the unrepentant, you are giving the wrong message for the hour. Millions will die in the next few decades, must they be warned? YES!, but God is NOT drawing them to repentance through expressing only anger, He is doing it through revealing Christ in His people. BOTH the kindness and severity of God must be expressed. One without the other means you are not geting to know the fullness of His person. and if you are not experiencing, growing in,  and expressing both these attributes, you are not going to be progressing in Him in what He wants to fully release in you.

Kriston

Edited by Kriston Couchey on 12/17/2009 at 8:39am

Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 8:24am | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

It is when we presume to take the wrath of God into our own hands that there is the distortion of perspective.

We are always to take the stand (as a witness in a court proceeding) of mercy.

There is a testing therein for the prophet - will he get angry at the things that God would show him: the injustice, the poverty, the sin -

- if he does God cannot show him anymore those things because his emotional attachments to those things will puff him up and distort the word given and the direction to be taken.

Edited by Vince Sucec on 12/17/2009 at 8:34am

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 8:42am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Vince,

I agree, good point. God showed Jonah the wickedness of Ninevah and told Him He was going to bring judgment. Father's heart was to have mercy, that they not be destroyed. But Jonah took the offense Himself and became bitter toward the people, expecially when they did not get what they had coming. Bitter prophets i see who will not progress until they lose thier bitterness.

Kris

Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 8:46am | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

yes ... it is about being clear enough to SEE ahead - it is directional. If we get caught up in short sighted pre-justices - the valleys will be very low (need hunger poverty) and the mountains very high - (success, the pinnacle, the "church") He is about clearing our vision through the clarity in compassion ...

Blessings,

Vincent

Edited by Vince Sucec on 12/17/2009 at 8:49am

Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 9:02am | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

MJ ~ "And even then we still only hear part of the whole picture because we are not God and not able to perceive the whole thread of all human interaction as God does."

Yes the whole human thread ~

Prophet as witness - honoring ALL in His Household

http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=27238

Edited by Vince Sucec on 12/17/2009 at 9:06am

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 9:08am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

AMEN MJ,

Are we willing to die to our own ideas and truths?

Let me add that converse to bitter prophets, if one is unwilling to confront with the truth of Judgement in love, they will not progress either. I have seen stagnant ministries that have decided to believe that God no longer will hold a standard of holiness to mankind, and all now get a free pass. These also do not progress and fade away into stagnant pools of powerlessness in truth and spirit.

I have warned people and they have died or had terrible things happen to them because they would not repent. It is all about one thing, have you lost YOUR will to be completley submitted to His?

If i had a dollar for every false prophecy sourced in someones politcal or nationalistic ideology i would have a great Christmas (Just kidding).  Jonah's bitterness was sourced in racism and nationalism. These are party spirit issues the American church has yet to overcome. I have seen it on OH many times. when we lose our own life, liberty, and pursuit happiness, and find REAL life in Him, then we might be ready to prophesy purely.

Kris

Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 9:32am | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

MJ Harris ~ "sometimes He has to stand by and let bad things happen to a person as a consequence of their own actions but it hurts Him to have to do so."

Hmmmm ... it just occured to me that the lord rose above the storm (natural consequence) and stilled it, the judgement is upon the flesh, the old man - the natural, fallen order of things. There have been mighty men of God that have fallen with the same illnesses that the unsaved have fallen to. The creation was subject to vanity. The power of sin is death. What is the root of sin? The love of money - selfishness.

Death and vanity are symbiotic - but faith worketh by Love.

Perhaps it is in the discerning between the kingdom order and the natural order  - judgement - natural consequence / punishment - faith  ect.

Edited by Vince Sucec on 12/17/2009 at 9:47am

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 9:57am | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

Vince Sucec wrote:

MJ Harris ~ "sometimes He has to stand by and let bad things happen to a person as a consequence of their own actions but it hurts Him to have to do so."

His power to restore and redeem after those mistakes is limitless.

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.
View Jeffrey Stewart's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffrey Stewart Visit Jeffrey Stewart's Homepage
Loren Sandford

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 10:07am | IP Logged Quote Loren Sandford

Galatians 6:7, "whatever a man sows, this he shall also reap." Much that we suffer in this sin-broken world is the inevitable result of what we've sown. The cross removed the guilt and the eternal punishment, but the natural law of sowing and reaping still operates as certainly as the law of gravity. Redemption doesn't mean we can now jump from a cliff and not die. Neither does it mean that we can now sin without consequence. For the believer the effect of the cross in removing our guilt means that whatever we reap works for our good as a discipline from a loving Father to change our character. For those outside of the cross it can be simply destruction.

Edited by Loren Sandford on 12/17/2009 at 10:14am

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 10:19am | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

You are right about sowing and reaping.  But what the Church does NOT teach is that Jesus REAPED what we sowed.  There is a lot of generational curse teaching in the church that is entirely unbiblical.  When you become a Christian, those curses get put on Jesus.  Also, the reason a lot of us are still here even though we sowed in certain ways in the past is because Jesus reaped in our stead.  That is why the man who should have died do his foolish actions and sin is now preaching to millions.  Someone did indeed reap, but it was not that man, it was Jesus.  That is the meaning of Substitute.

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 12/17/2009 at 10:20am

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 11:29am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Vince,

I disagree with the statement that says we are ALWAYS to take a stand of mercy. We are to take the stand the Lord takes. Fathers judgment is not always mercy. This is just the plain truth. I remember trying to pray for someone embedded in sin and He said, DO NOT PRAY FOR THEM!

I could not defy His adamant command when in the face of His glory He had given them all the grace they needed and they had trampled His mercy.

I have spoken words of harsh judgment He commanded me to speak and have been rebuked for trying to lighten or distance myself from His determination that He was making.

He is not a tame lion...

you speak wishful thoughts Vince and not the reality of His Holy, Holy, Holiness. He is looking for those who will agree with His holiness as well as His Love.

He is love

He is Holy, Holy, Holy

Kris

Edited by Kriston Couchey on 12/17/2009 at 1:43pm

Loren Sandford

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 11:30am | IP Logged Quote Loren Sandford

What church are talking about that does not teach that Jesus reaped what we sowed? That's a blanket statement that does not apply to every local church.

Jesus took the penalty for our sin. There is now no condemnation for those who are in Him. Sowing and reaping is a bit of a different issue. It is the operation of natural law as opposed to penalty. Notice that in Galatians Paul was speaking to saved believers. Sow to the Spirit and reap goodness. Sow to the flesh and reap the flesh. If, for instance, one of us as a believer sins and commits adultery, we don't get off scot free simply because Jesus took our reaping. We have set something in motion that will come back upon us in disrupted relationships, the loss of something precious etc. This will happen even though we've been forgiven through the cross. In I Corinthians 6, speaking to believers Paul warned about sexual immorality and said that one who sleeps with a prostitute becomes "one flesh" with her and that the sexual sinner sins against his own body. This is sowing and reaping illustrated and is only one way of illustrating this principle. Paul did NOT say that the sinner in I Cor 6 lost his salvation - only that there are consequences for sin. If the believer embraces the loving discipline of God, the consequences are redemptive.

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 11:31am | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

The Lord told you to specifically not pray for a person embedded in sin - I have heard of that a few times.

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 12/17/2009 at 11:36am

Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 12:03pm | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

Vince,

Kriston ~ I disagree with the statement that says we are ALWAYS to take a stand of mercy ...

Yes ... that is clear in the scriptures when redemption was the outcome ... I mean - and I say this with trepidation ... is God angry enough to just oust entire nations without the purpose of redemption?

Tina Dean

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 12:14pm | IP Logged Quote Tina Dean

Do you have an OT in your Bible Vince?   Is anyone reading the WHOLE counsel of God and of who He is??? 

He is HOLY and that HOLINESS will be honored by one and by all.   It demands justice.  It demands righteousness.  It demands a wicked and perverse people to turn from their wicked ways and be saved....OR ELSE.

And that IS LOVE!!!  It is full bodied love...an all encompassing LOVE that does not spare the rod of correction for anyone.  The promises are there for whosoever will....and the destruction is there for whosoever will not.

You can't change God.....HE IS.

Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 12:30pm | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

Yes Tina, but it is interesting we can never know for sure in this place who is saved and who isnt ... I mean Paul turned this guy over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh - so that his spirit might be saved ...

Edited by Vince Sucec on 12/17/2009 at 12:35pm

Dave Spencer

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 12:57pm | IP Logged Quote Dave Spencer

Luke 9:51   And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,
52  And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
53  And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
54  And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
55  But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
56  For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

View Dave Spencer's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Spencer
Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 1:20pm | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

wow very interesting scripture Dave ...

If anyone knows this please -  the village of the Samaritans was a different city than Jerusalem correct?

Tina Dean

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 1:22pm | IP Logged Quote Tina Dean

I am talking about a mindset that is being put forth that is interpreting His love as something that it is not.

Yes, He desires that NOT ONE perishes and He goes to seemingly unending lengths to try and wake up sinful man, BUT we cannot put forth ideas about His love that is not so.

There WILL come a time when His Holiness will demand justice, and for those who will not bend the knee in surrender to His will..........they will receive the consequence which will come as a result of that. (Their choice)

If you think for a moment that I am not FOR His mercy at all times you would be mistaken.  However, as His witness I cannot but keep true to the full counsel of His heart and of His word.

Many are trying to jump across a chasm unto the thing a bit further ahead, when He is about doing that which will build the bridge that will take us to that place.

An integral part of that is seeing who He truly is in Spirit and in Truth........His truth not man's.

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 1:32pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Jeffrey, yes, more specifically, a person who was a professing believer living in sin that refused to repent when God began to move powerfully among those in our Christian band.

Amen David, The Lord has sent us Jesus in his love to save mankind. That is His heart and purpose. And scripture clearly tells us to behold both the kindness and severity of God. We must recognize truth and adjust it according to the full counsel of Father's truth to see things in full perspective.

Ro 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in his goodness: otherwise you also shall be cut off.

Paul teaches Grace in Romans. The grace Paul teaches is God's divine ability in us to walk holy, not license to sin or blind eye to sin.

I am not a doom and gloom "God is angry" guy, but i know truth and error to a point that i cannot deny the witness of the Spirit and testimony of Scripture.

The clear testimony of the apostles and Jesus is not everything is OK now after the cross and no more punishment for men. It is no more punishment specifically to those who believe. Even those who have faith without works will suffer consequences of their sinful choices, and yet be saved as if by fire.

The standard of holiness is much higher today then before the Cross, now you have the grace to become holy as He is holy. To not access that grace through faith and reject Christ is to be in the place of wrath as it says in the gospel of John. To him who does not believe the wrath of God abides IN him. Just as the mercy and person of Christ abides in the one who believes.

Vince you ask the question: is God angry enough to just oust entire nations without the purpose of redemption?

God's purpose is redemption, and i certainly would never say it wasn't, and would not personally curse whole nations because I felt they were too wicked. i don't know what you are referencing to even make that statement. I never said God was an angry God. I said He was Holy, Holy, Holy.

This is the paradox.

The fact is you can't just portray totality of who He is with a blanket statement. God is not just wanting us to extend unsanctified mercy to everyone because we want it to be that way and it seems right to us. He is wanting us to agree with HIM and His assessments and judgments of people, nations, and circumstances. Even if it means that He is in His holiness and in "severity" cutting someone off who refuses to repent. This is not an angry me saying this this is a Holy God recording this in scripture (NEW TESTAMENT). I was shocked to hear Him say it to me when I was told to not pray anymore for someone.

Kriston

Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 1:33pm | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

Tina ~ Many are trying to jump across a chasm unto the thing a bit further ahead, when He is about doing that which will build the bridge that will take us to that place ...

well said ... the "goal" is to be like Him ...  ... but that goal is shrouded because often times we cant-wont see Him as He is ... a perfect harmony between authority and love ... we always separate the two - which leads to perceptional issues ... that is why in heaven the lion will lay down with the lamb.

Tina Dean

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 1:40pm | IP Logged Quote Tina Dean

Exactly my point......we cannot pick out parts of Him we like and applaud and then leave off the other parts that we do not agree with.  He IS as HE IS and He changes not.

We bend to His will......not He to ours........

Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 1:41pm | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

amen

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 1:49pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

lets not seperate his love and authority, lets not seperate the lion and the lamb, lets accept both aspects of his nature... and simply agree with him in his judgements agreed with by the clear testimony of scripture

Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 1:51pm | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

Amen ~ wise as serpents but harmless as doves ...  

Edited by Vince Sucec on 12/17/2009 at 1:52pm

Dave Spencer

Posted: 12/17/2009 at 4:54pm | IP Logged Quote Dave Spencer

Mt. 6:14  For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15  But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

This is the number one passage in the NT that puts the fear of God in me.

This is what drove Jesus to the cross at Jeruselem - to empower us to receive the gift of forgiveness.  Without it everything else we do as Christians becomes lifeless.  With it we can change the world with the help of the Holy Spirit!

Any time we speak of coming judgment/wrath, we should also set our face toward Jerusalem and speak of the power of the cross.  If it offends people that we prefer Jerusalem (purity) to a Samaritan town (mixture), even though we would minister there if given the chance, then so be it.  But we must offer Love and Hope on the way to Jerusalem.

Holy Spirit, keep our hearts far away from unforgiveness.

Growing in His Louth (Love-Truth),
Dave

Edited by Dave Spencer on 12/17/2009 at 5:00pm
View Dave Spencer's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Spencer

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version