VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: The Vulture - Bill Burns Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
David Hood

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10/29/2010 at 1:01am | IP Logged Quote David Hood

Bill Burns - The Vulture

Last evening as Marsha and I were driving to church we saw a very unusual sight. In the middle of the highway was a large, black bird sitting on a dead rabbit. At first we thought it was a crow, which is common to this area, but as we got closer we could see that the bird had a red head. Just as we got close enough to see what kind of bird it was, it flew directly across our path in front of us. We were both astonished, for we had just seen a turkey vulture, also referred to as a turkey buzzard.

This was the first vulture that we had ever seen in Colorado, as these birds are not common to this area. The Lord has often used signs on the earth (Acts 2:19) to communicate a spiritual truth or reveal that which is going on in the spirit world. Marsha and I believed that God was revealing something to us by allowing us to see this most unusual sight. So, this morning we began to seek understanding and the meaning of this sign, and we believe it has a three-fold meaning,which represents a warning to God's people.

1. The vulture represents demon spirits that are being sent to feed on the works of the flesh. Vultures feed on carrion, which is rotting flesh. The word "carrion" is from the Latin carn, caro (flesh), carnal. God has the church in a time of purification and purging as He prepares His church for a fresh outpouring of His Holy Spirit. Those who have refused to deal with their flesh will soon find themselves prey to vulture spirits. This is a very dangerous time to continue to operate in the flesh. We are supposed to rule over the flesh by the power of the Holy Spirit

Romans 8:13-14 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Revelation 9:1-6 issues a like warning for those who do not have their minds (thoughts) sealed by the Spirit of God. Tormenting spirits will come to feed on carnal thoughts. This is a time in which the Spirit of the Lord is instructing us to take every thought captive.

2 Corinthians 10:4-6 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

2. A little research turned up some interesting information. There is an Egyptian goddess whose name is "Mut," and she has the head of a turkey vulture. The turkey vulture is mute; it has no voice except to hiss and grunt. This vulture spirit has also been sent to silence the voice of the prophets. The vulture and the eagle are both birds of prey. The eagle represents the prophetic, and the vulture represents the counterfeit, which opposes the prophetic voice. This spirit will cause some to speak by the flesh and call it the Spirit.

This same spirit will cause some to issue warnings to the prophets to be quiet because God isn't speaking at this time. Clever plan, but it is flawed. If God is not speaking then there will be no hearing the word of the Lord. If God is speaking, then He has not told the prophets to be silent unless He tells an individual to hold a word for a later time. Nevertheless, this spirit will deceive some and cause them to stop positioning themselves to receive the word of the Lord. This vulture spirit is very dangerous, as it will try to create a famine of the true word of God and also bring forth words born of flesh and not Spirit.

3. The vulture spirit will promote the war between the Spirit and the flesh. This spirit will not only feed on the flesh, but it will cause the carnal church to rise up against the true, spiritual church. This is the same kind of spirit that caused the chief priests and elders to demand the death of Jesus. The civil war in the church is about to begin, and a great carnage is about to take place. Satan's greatest desire is to kill God's people, and his demonic spirits desire to feed on the carrion.

These are indeed perilous times in which the deeds of the flesh must be put to death, a time in which we must live and walk by the power of the Spirit and keep our lamps trimmed and full of oil. The enemy is after God's people, seeking those that he might feed on. We are called to be eagles, and I believe that the vulture is no match for the eagle. It is time for God's eagles to rise up and destroy the vultures that Satan has sent.

Exodus 19:4-6 You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to Myself. Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.

View David Hood's Profile Search for other posts by David Hood
Bill Evans

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10/29/2010 at 6:52am | IP Logged Quote Bill Evans

Flesh take off the h and backwords its self,good word,God BlessYou

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version