OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: The Belly Of The Whale Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Becky Porter

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 05/29/2011 at 5:06pm | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

The Belly Of The Whale

By Becky Porter

Because you have spent time in the belly of the whale you are now armed with knowledge you did not previously have, and I have given you Kingdom Keys you did not formerly possess.  You have asked Me to use you mightily, and use you I shall, for My Word is in your mouth in a way it has not previously been.

I have placed within you strategies for cities and nations.

While in the belly of the whale (which felt like the bowels of hell), there were many things you saw, felt, heard, and experienced.  You’ve seen how the enemy works – you’ve seen him planning, scheming and strategizing his next move.  Your belly is full.  One would think that no good thing could come from sitting in the belly of a whale – amongst rotting, putrefied flesh, but now you have seen first hand the secret, hidden tactics that the enemy uses.  As the whale’s stomach acids scorched you and threatened to overtake you, they did not, and they could not, for I kept you and protected you.  At times you have been afraid that the place you visited has now become a part of you, but these are just things you have experienced – it is not who you are, and there is a big difference.

I let you experience these things, for the lessons I wanted you to learn could be learned no other way.  Can a child TRULY understand the dangers of touching a hot stove by being told to stay away from it?  No, for there is only a partial understanding that comes until pain is experienced, and then from that time forward, measures are taken to avoid that same type of pain.  This helps to set safe boundaries and parameters around your life.

A life without boundaries is like a city without walls, those walls provide a fortress of protection against the enemy.

Once you’ve been in the belly of the whale, it is a place you never again desire to re-visit, thus the lesson has been learned and is now complete.

While in the belly of the whale, you couldn’t help but notice the other predecessors that had gone before you, as their dead and decaying corpses lay all around you, and you knew if you did not make some changes quickly, their same fate would be your fate.

The key is that while in the belly of the whale, did a spirit of repentance come to you and a turning away from the sin and rebellion that got you there to begin with?  If repentance does not come, the whale will retain you (it has legal right), and your life will eventually be destroyed.  To you, child, a spirit of repentance did come, and when it did, the whale had no choice but to vomit you out.  When you first got out, the smell of rotting flesh was upon you and there was a death pallor about you, but just as a mother bear cleans her new born cub, I cleansed you and made you presentable, so that the contents of the place you had just been would not remain upon you, and you would be free to walk unhindered.  It is a new birth, a second chance I have given you.

People who have lived in the belly of the whale are never the same for they come out brand new and much wiser for their experience.  They have a new heart and a new desire for a much deeper relationship with Me.  It will either destroy a person or make them better – it all depends on how they respond to Me, and to the experience.

You learned your lessons and you learned them well.  Because you have been faithful with little I am going to give you much.  Great is your reward!  With your experience comes promotion, for I am very pleased with your obedience and your desire to please Me.

I will use you more mightily in your latter days than in your former.

I am giving you the “Whale Bone Key.”  This key will always remind you of where you’ve been, but it has the ability to take you places you have NEVER been able to go, and it will unlock the prison doors of many.

There is something special about people who have spent time in the belly of the whale, (the “bowels of hell”), when they respond with a humble and repentant heart, for they had a lot of time to think while in that dark and lonely place, and they come out with a whole new perspective and understanding about life, about people, and about themselves.  They come out with a sweetness, a compassion, and a greater capacity to love others through Me.  I spent time in the bowels of hell myself.  I went there out of love and obedience, and when I did I came back with Kingdom Keys for My Bride.  As it was with Me, so it is with you.  Remember, when you overcome something in your own life you are then given the keys; the anointing and ability to overcome that same thing in the lives of others.  I will use you to set the captives free from things that have held them in bondage, even for a lifetime.

When Jonah came out of the belly of the whale he had a strong anointing that brought about a spirit of repentance to a rebellious people, and because of this they were spared from imminent destruction.  He was given an anointing to bring the spirit of repentance to others, after he, himself repented and turned away from his sin.

People will be drawn to the anointing on your life – use it wisely and point them to Me.  For when I cleansed you and removed the stench of the whale from you, I clothed you with My fragrance, and it is a rich, sweet scent - a royal scent - a Kingly scent, and others will want to be around you because you will remind them of Me.  When they see you and hear you they will see and hear Me in you for I have clothed you with My royal garments – My Spirit is upon you more strongly now than it has ever been before.

Jonah 2:1-10 (King James Version)

1Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, 2And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.  3For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me. 4Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple. 5The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.  6I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.  7When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. 8They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.  9But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.  10And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

Matthew 12:38-41 (New Living Translation)

38 One day some teachers of religious law and Pharisees came to Jesus and said, “Teacher, we want you to show us a miraculous sign to prove your authority.”  39 But Jesus replied, “Only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign; but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish for three days and three nights, so will the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.  41 “The people of Nineveh will stand up against this generation on judgment day and condemn it, for they repented of their sins at the preaching of Jonah. Now someone greater than Jonah is here—but you refuse to repent.”

Becky Porter

lovetoencourage@yahoo.com

View Becky Porter's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Porter
Bill Evans

Posted: 05/29/2011 at 7:58pm | IP Logged Quote Bill Evans

Glory to God,Thanks Becky God Bless You

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 05/29/2011 at 9:13pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Thank you Becky..((hugs))

Becky Porter

Posted: 05/30/2011 at 9:28am | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

God bless you Bill and Lyn - thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - the two of you are always a great encouragement and I appreciate you both very much! 

Becky

Brenda Teal

Posted: 05/30/2011 at 12:32pm | IP Logged Quote Brenda Teal

Dear Sister Becky, Is this our awesome God? Last night I
was going to send a request to you personal website to
ask you to pray for me. This morning I find this post
which is most applicable to me,particularly over the past
ten weeks following what should have been a routine but
unpleasant operation,which unfortunately resulted in
complications and setbacks confining me to bed for nine
weeks.I have just started to go out a little and I feel
very nervously broken.During my confinement the Lord
brought out to me things for repentance and my
attention,for which I praise Him.I would be grateful for
your prayers for both my nervous state and miraculous
restoration of my body as I offer myself totally to be
used by Him. God Bless. Love in Jesus Brenda   

Tina Sundstrom

Posted: 05/30/2011 at 4:57pm | IP Logged Quote Tina Sundstrom

My Lord My God!!!!!!!  No words.

Becky Porter

Posted: 05/31/2011 at 3:49pm | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

Brenda Teal wrote:
Dear Sister Becky, Is this our awesome God? Last night I was going to send a request to you personal website to
ask you to pray for me. This morning I find this post
which is most applicable to me,particularly over the past
ten weeks following what should have been a routine but
unpleasant operation,which unfortunately resulted in
complications and setbacks confining me to bed for nine
weeks.I have just started to go out a little and I feel
very nervously broken.During my confinement the Lord
brought out to me things for repentance and my
attention,for which I praise Him.I would be grateful for
your prayers for both my nervous state and miraculous
restoration of my body as I offer myself totally to be
used by Him. God Bless. Love in Jesus Brenda   

Hi sweet Brenda!  Thank you so much for sharing.  Yes, God truly IS amazing!  I am thrilled to hear that God used this as a confirming word for you - He is wonderful!

I am so sorry to hear that you have had complications and great difficulty in your recovery process.  I pray that God will heal and restore you physically, mentally and emotionally, and I pray that you will be stronger and have even more endurance and stamina than you had prior to surgery.  I pray that He will restore all that the locusts and canker worm have eaten in your life and He will give you GREAT VICTORY.  I also pray that He will give you His abiding peace, and bring you into a place of deep rest, hope, contentment, and joy.  I pray that He will give you your heart's desires and bless you above and beyond what you could ask or think.  I pray that to the depths that you experienced pain, difficultly, confusion, and despair, that He will bless you to heights that are even greater, and I pray all of these things in the precious, matchless, and wonderful name of Jesus.  Amen.

Much love,

Becky Porter  

Becky Porter

Posted: 05/31/2011 at 3:53pm | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

Tina Sundstrom wrote:
My Lord My God!!!!!!!  No words.

God bless you Tina!  I pray that He will open the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing that goes far beyond anything you have previously experienced.  I pray that this will be your year of harvest and Jubilee!

Becky

Tina Sundstrom

Posted: 05/31/2011 at 3:59pm | IP Logged Quote Tina Sundstrom

To that I wholeheartedly agree!!! 

Theresa Jenkins

Posted: 05/31/2011 at 7:53pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa Jenkins

As I read, I hear the Spirit of the Lord say, Three days! Praise God! Praise God! Resurrection happens in three days!!!!
View Theresa Jenkins's Profile Search for other posts by Theresa Jenkins
Brenda Teal

Posted: 06/01/2011 at 1:50am | IP Logged Quote Brenda Teal

Dear Becky, Thank you for replying, and for your beautiful
payer.It means so much to me at this time. Love in Jesus
Brenda

Brenda Teal

Posted: 06/01/2011 at 2:08am | IP Logged Quote Brenda Teal

Dear Theresa,This is yet further confirmation of what The
Lord is saying.A couple of months ago He brought some quite
lengthy words to me ,which included"My Glory will be
displayed on the third day after My death and
crucifiction.I rose so that My Glory could be seen and
could be revealed in My suffering servants.My suffering
ones who loved not their lives onto death.My great move has
arrived"   God Bless you. Love in Jesus Brenda

Saundra Smith

Posted: 06/01/2011 at 7:07pm | IP Logged Quote Saundra Smith

There is so much in this rich message Becky. I can not begin to explain how much of it has been confirmation to things God has been showing me this week. Thank you for your ministry and for sharing His words with the body.

While reading this the following scripture came to mind: Luke 4:18.  I like translation of it:

The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because I am marked out by him to give good news to the poor; he has sent me to make well those who are broken-hearted; to say that the prisoners will be let go, and the blind will see, and to make the wounded free from their chains,

With my "Whale Bone Key" in hand, I go forth!

View Saundra Smith's Profile Search for other posts by Saundra Smith
Sarah Ann Dees

Posted: 06/02/2011 at 6:28am | IP Logged Quote Sarah Ann Dees

Beautiful, powerful...transforming...now I will thank The Lord for my time in the belly of the whale instead of asking why.

Becky Porter

Posted: 06/06/2011 at 8:20am | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

Thank you all for taking the time to share - it means a lot to me!  I love to hear what each one of you have to say - it is so rich and meaningful!

Thank you for sharing Theresa - that is so exciting!

And Brenda, I am so glad the prayer ministered to you - I pray for your complete healing and restoration and that God will complete that which He has begun in your life.    And thank you for what you shared with Theresa - very powerful!

Becky Porter

Posted: 06/06/2011 at 8:31am | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

Saundra Smith wrote:

There is so much in this rich message Becky. I can not begin to explain how much of it has been confirmation to things God has been showing me this week. Thank you for your ministry and for sharing His words with the body.

While reading this the following scripture came to mind: Luke 4:18.  I like translation of it:

The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because I am marked out by him to give good news to the poor; he has sent me to make well those who are broken-hearted; to say that the prisoners will be let go, and the blind will see, and to make the wounded free from their chains,

With my "Whale Bone Key" in hand, I go forth!

Dear Saundra,

I am thrilled that God used this word to confirm some things for you - that makes me so VERY happy! 

I love the translation you shared of Luke 4:18, and I love what you said about going forth with your Whale Bone Key in hand!  It is VERY encouraging to hear - I love it - it makes me smile because I can relate!  I think most of us have our Whale Bone Key in hand!    I thank the Lord that He can even take the things we have done out of ignorance or rebellion and turn them into beautiful gems that can help others - He is truly amazing!

Much love,

Becky

Becky Porter

Posted: 06/06/2011 at 8:38am | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

Sarah Ann Dees wrote:
Beautiful, powerful...transforming...now I will thank The Lord for my time in the belly of the whale instead of asking why.

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement!  I am so glad that this word helped you to look at your time in the belly of the whale differently.  Just know that God will take everything you have walked through and He will use it to help MANY others - I truly believe that He will turn what was darkness into His marvelous light.  I pray that God will minister to your heart and heal and restore and truly bless you, and that He will bring those who are wounded and bound across your path and He will use you to pour into them and bring much healing and restoration into their lives.

God bless you Sarah!

Much love,

Becky

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version