Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: Those that will hold to the rapture lie shall be beaten down by the truth. (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Kevin Barrett

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 11/25/2012 at 5:26pm | IP Logged  

Greetings dear Saints,

Today while doing a scripture study, the Lord was speaking to my heart about the many Christians that will fall away and die in the tribulation (without salvation) and many others will unnecessarily be martyred; all because of their belief in the “rapture” lie.  This grieved my heart heavily and I cried out to God to please use me and any other willing mouth pieces to warn all that will have ears to hear to come out of the deception of the “rapture” lie.

The following prophetic word is what the Lord gave me for His people and following the word are the scriptures I studied with what’s in parentheses being my words.  I used to think that those that believed in the rapture will just simply be sadly disappointed.  But unfortunately, it will be much, much worse for them.  I put this out there for all that will have ears to hear.  I know that this will offend the many that still believe in the rapture and I do not wish to debate it.  But if you are one of these; please don’t simply disregard this.  Read it all the way through and take it to the Lord and test it with scripture to see if it is true.  I pray that all will come to the truth and be spared the horrible things to come.

Word of the Lord:

Oh My people, why, why do you still believe the lies of the serpent?  Many still believe in the lies of the devil that you will be raptured away and not face the persecution to come.  Oh My people, how I weep for you all that have put your trust in lies.  For the day approaches that the overwhelming scourge will cover the lands and peoples.  And many of My people shall be overtaken and beaten down when it comes.  Have I not said this in My word? (Isaiah 28:18)  Then why do many of you still believe the false shepherds that tell you that you shall not see the tribulation to come?  Prepare yourselves, My people.  Prepare your hearts before me and seek me for your repentance in believing such lies.  It is not too late for you.  If you would seek Me now in this, I will show you My truth and show you how you may escape the scourge to come.  But it will not be by a rapture in the sky as you have been told.  For have I not shown you in my word how I have protected My people in the midst of their tribulations?  Was I not in the midst of the fire with Shadrach,  Meshach, and Abednego?  Did I not shut the lions’ mouths when My servant Daniel was thrown in their den?  Then why do you still think that I have somehow changed and will not cause you to go through the tribulation with My protection upon you?

Oh hear Me, My people.  You have been made fools of by the false shepherds.  They have sold you a lie and many of My people love it so.  Why do you not seek Me in this?  Is it because you are afraid of learning the truth?  Why, My people do you choose to believe a lie over My word?  How can you sit in contentment thinking that I will take you out of this world, when I prayed to the Father to NOT take you out of this world, but to protect you from the evil one?  Oh why, My people, can you not discern the error of your ways?  Do I not care for all those that are Mine?  Then why do many of you still believe that I shall take you out of this world and leave Mine that are still lost for the wolves to devour?  I tell you now, I shall have a people to walk in My authority in the earth realm during this tribulation to come, and they shall speak My truth to the masses.  They shall be a judge to those that sit in judgment and a word of love and rebuke to those that will hear and turn to Me.  But for those that have chosen to hold on to their lie of the rapture, woe unto you.  For you shall be beaten down by the truth day and night and you shall not escape.  Many of you shall even lose your lives because you chose not to have a love for My truth.

Oh, My little ones.  I do not come to you to be harsh this day.  But I come to you with a sincere and yet broken heart.  Hear My heart crying over you all to come out from the lies you have believed and seek the true Shepherd that will protect you with truth.  Do you not see that the false shepherds fatten themselves with your money and live lives of luxury as they fleece My sheep?  Well I tell you now that their judgment shall be ten fold when the tribulation takes over the earth.  And they shall suffer My wrath far more than those that they have deceived.  Because they have taken My sheep captive with their lies;  and caused my people to put their trust in lies and not My truth, so that they might escape the overwhelming scourge that shall try those on the earth.

My people, hear Me this day.  I am about to do a wonder in the earth realm that will astound the masses.  Have I not said in My word that I shall save the best wine for last; and the glory of the latter house shall be greater than the former?  Therefore, those that have ears to hear, get ready.  For I shall now begin to seek out those that are Mine and have a love for My truth.  These ones have prepared their hearts to go through the great tribulation and I shall now begin to do a mighty work in these ones and they shall become My great army in the land.  They shall do many mighty miracles in My name, sayeth the Lord.

But for those that have chosen to believe the lie instead, get ready for great destruction that you shall not escape from.  Oh, My little ones, do not take this as too harsh.  For I have warned you in My word of the last days.  Did I not warn you that their would be many to come in My name and they shall deceive many?  Then why have you not tested these ones against My word?  And it is for your lack of knowledge of My truth that many of you shall now be destroyed, though it did not have to be this way.

www.hearhisheart.wordpress.com

Eze 13:16  The prophets of Israel (new covenant Israel) who are prophesying concerning Jerusalem (the Church), and who see visions of peace for her, even there is no peace, declares the Lord Jehovah.

Eze 13:17  And you, son of man, set your face against the daughters of your people (Christians/daughters of the Israelites) who prophesy out of their heart, and prophesy against them,

Eze 13:18  and say, So says the Lord Jehovah: Woe to those sewing amulets (band of lies) to all joints of my hands (His ministry), and make long veils (deceptive covering) for the head of every man of stature (big named ministers), to hunt souls! Will you hunt the souls of My people, and will you save alive the souls for yourselves?

Eze 13:19  And will you profane Me among My people for handfuls of barley, and for bits of bread (money), to cause to die the souls that should not die (those seeking truth), and to save alive the souls that should not live (those who love lies), by your lying to My people who listen to lies?

Eze 13:20  So the Lord Jehovah says this: Behold, I am against your amulets (bands of lies) with which you are hunting the souls there, to make them fly (believe in a rapture). And I will tear them from your arms, and will send out the souls, souls which you are hunting (seeking converts), to make them fly (rapture).

Eze 13:21  Also I will tear your long veils (uncover your deceptions) and deliver My people out of your hand. And they shall not again be in your hand to be hunted. And you shall know that I am Jehovah.

Eze 13:22  Because you have saddened the heart of the righteous with lies, and I have not pained him, and you have made the hands of the wicked strong (by false teachings of grace and salvation), so that he should not turn from his evil way, to keep him alive.

Eze 13:23  So you shall not see vanity, and you shall not divine any divination (their ministries will be brought down). And I will deliver My people out of your hand. And you shall know that I am Jehovah.  (LITV)

Rev 17:16  And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot (apostate Church), and will make her desolated and naked. And they will eat her flesh, and will burn her down with fire (tribulation).

Rev 17:17  For God gave into their hearts to do His mind, and to act in one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the Words of God shall be fulfilled. (LITV)

Isa 28:15  Because you have said, We have cut a covenant with death (we have an arrangement with death, that those that are alive in the beginning of the tribulation period will not die, but be raptured instead); and, We have made a vision with Sheol (we have created a vision where those dead in Sheol will rise before the tribulation just prior to our being raptured when scriptures tell us that the dead in Christ rise after the tribulation, at the sounding of the last trump (1 Cor. 15:52, 1Thessalonians 4:15-17 ), when the overwhelming rod (tribulation) passes through it will not come to us for we have made THE LIE (rapture) our refuge, and we have hidden in falsehood. (LITV)

Isa 28:17  And I will lay justice for a line, and righteousness for a plummet; and the hail (frozen water which represents HARD TRUTH) shall sweep away the refuge of the lie (rapture); and the waters (truth) shall overflow the hiding place (hiding behind the rapture lie).

Isa 28:18  And your covenant with death shall be covered (you shall not escape by a rapture); and your vision with Sheol shall not rise up (your vision of being raptured with the dead in Christ). When the overwhelming whip (tribulation) passes through, then you shall be for a trampling to it.

Isa 28:19  As often as it passes, it shall take you; for morning by morning it shall pass; and by day and by night, it shall only be a terror to understand the message (message that the tribulation has started and there’s NO RAPTURE).

2Pe 2:1  But false prophets were also among the people, as also false teachers will be among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, and denying the Master who has bought them, bringing swift destruction on themselves.

2Pe 2:2  And many will follow their destructive ways, by whom the way of truth will be evil spoken of (the true doctrine of grace and the cross of self is now called being under the law instead of grace).

2Pe 2:3  And by covetousness, with well-turned words, they will use you for gain (they take your tithes (which was only under the old covenant law and only for the Levite priests) and sell you books, CDs and many more merchandises of lies (like the now popular “sow your seed of faith” lie) to get rich off of you), for whom judgment of old does not linger, and their destruction does not slumber.

Rev 17:3  And he carried me away into a desert, by the Spirit. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, filled with names of blasphemy (many denominations), having seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:4  And the woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and being gilded with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominations and unclean things of her fornication.

Rev 17:5  And on her forehead was a name having been written: Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of the Harlots and of the Abominations of the Earth.

Rev 17:6  And I saw the woman being drunk from the blood of the saints (many die in the tribulation from believing the lies of the Church leaders that make merchandise with lies and therefore not preparing themselves), and from the blood of the witnesses of Jesus (many will be martyred for their faith). And I marveled, seeing her, with a great marveling.

Hos 4:6  My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to me. And since you have forgotten the law of your God (the true gospel of obedience and the inward cross), I also will forget your children.

Hos 4:7  The more they increased, the more they sinned against me; I will change their glory into shame.

Hos 4:8  They feed on the sin of my people (they make a living selling lies); they are greedy for their iniquity.

Hos 4:9  And it shall be like people, like priest; I will punish them for their ways and repay them for their deeds.

Hos 4:10  They shall eat, but not be satisfied; they shall play the whore, but not multiply, because they have forsaken the LORD to cherish

Hos 4:11  whoredom, wine (false doctrines), and new wine (made up doctrines and not the true ancient path of the cross), which take away the understanding (knowledge of the truth). (ESV)

2Th 2:1  And, brothers, we entreat you, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and of our gathering together to Him,

2Th 2:2  for you not to be quickly shaken in the mind, nor to be disturbed, neither through a spirit, nor through speech, nor through letter, as through us, as if the Day of Christ has come.

2Th 2:3  Do not let anyone deceive you in any way, because that Day will not come unless first comes the falling away (those that put their trust in a rapture), and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,  (LITV)

Edited by Kevin Barrett on 11/26/2012 at 6:42am

Julie Gilbert

Posted: 11/26/2012 at 2:18am | IP Logged  

the Kingdom of Heaven is WITHIN us ... everything that we need that
pertains to live and godliness resides within us....

I am over the rapture-beam-me-up-scotty diversion!! What do true
believers have to be afraid of in these last days when we hold this
TREASURE in a jar of clay = JESUS!

with Jesus in us who can be against us? we don't need to 'escape' we
need to prepare to GO through.... we need to know that greater is HE
that is in me than he that is in this world.... Jesus prayed in John 17 -
for us... read it!!

The kingdoms of this world are becoming the Kingdoms of our God!!
Jesus is our Ark... hide in Him... trust Him ... don't hold to an escape
mentality... hold to Jesus taking us through!!

HE is able.. HE is faithful!! Amen!

Kevin Barrett

Posted: 11/26/2012 at 5:29am | IP Logged  

Amen, Julie

Your words are so true…  I pray that all could come to the same understanding.

Many blessings to you,

Edited by Lyn McSweeney on 11/26/2012 at 7:02pm

Julie Gilbert

Posted: 11/26/2012 at 8:07am | IP Logged  

Kevin.. perhaps they will in the days ahead?? if they choose not... so be it..
I will continue on in my Kingdom journey... blessings!!

PS... Steve Quayle read your above word on Hagmann and Hagmann radio
show last night...
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cfp-radio/2012/11/19/sunday-nig ht-
special-steve-quayle--war-against-jesus

you can copy and paste that link to listen :)

Kevin Barrett

Posted: 11/26/2012 at 8:18am | IP Logged  

Amen, Julie,

Thank you for sharing that.  Praise God, He is already answering my prayer to use any willing mouth pieces to warn those still deceived.  I would not have guessed that He would even put the word out there on the air.  He is so wonderful and cares for His people.

So many that still hold to this lie get offended when one speaks out against it.  So I knew that I would get slack for this (as I am by emails).  But I don’t care.  If I was able to help save one soul, then it was worth it…..

Much love to you, sister,

Julie Gilbert

Posted: 11/26/2012 at 5:01pm | IP Logged  

yes this whole notion of a 'rapture' to escape just nauseates me any
more.... what do we have to fear? the enemy WAS defeated .. lets
enforce it! we have more power residing in us if we WILL JUST BELIEVE
IT ...

Yes one day Jesus is coming back.. but he is not going to come for us
until he comes TO us and THROUGH us to a lost and dying world....
c'mon peeps..... cast out your fear... don't be one of those 5 foolish
virgins who failed to trim their lamps.... I'm tellin ya!

kevin... just keep preachin the TRUTH.. forget what anyone thinks ...
what they think/believe/their opinions etc.. are NONE OF YOUR
BUSINESS haha.... let 'em have 'em... you just be about Papa's
business, k? He is all that matters most ...

blessings!

Edited by Lyn McSweeney on 11/26/2012 at 9:06pm

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 11/26/2012 at 7:21pm | IP Logged  

Brother,

Falling away is firstly not so much about doctrine as it is leaving the heart of God to glorify self. I know wonderful men and women who are filled with the love of God who still are deceived with the rapture theory. yet they exhibit the heart of God more then many who would judge them.

I do not believe Father is beating people down for a doctrine, Many of us (including myself)are still leaving false mindsets, and one doctrinal error is not worse then another persons doctrinal error. All are destructive. And Father is doing this for us all:

Isa 42:16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

It is true that there are shepherd who themselves are deceived and they are teaching people untruth. If He is destroying us all for the things we still are deceived about then we are all in great trouble.

It is true our false understandings can set us up to be out of position and endanger even our lives. But what are those like us who know the truth for? To help beat people?Or to be an anchor of hope in troubled times. I personally will gladly share the love of God and truth to those who believe in a rapture when everything falls apart and their theories crumble. I will even show mercy and help them recover.

Some are still in places that seem to us dark when they are there for the purpose of bringing others with them when true Spirit enlightenment comes. While there is much truth in what you share, there is also lack of recognition of the purpose of Father to use US to be redemption for those who have erred. Have faith.

Kris

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
Janine Nicole

Posted: 11/26/2012 at 9:06pm | IP Logged  

Kris,
Thank you for your balance! The Spirit of God is a beautiful thing and if I did not know Him I just might be left in a tizzy between the bible and all His people expressing their takes on it! God is not nearly as hard on me as I might be on myself or others or as believers are toward one another! I will have to share a teaching I heard on leaving Babylon a couple weeks ago and how deeply God addressed my judgemental thinking.
I will say that one thing that often is lacking when communcating online or txt message is tone. This can easily cause misunderstanding and offense...more later! blessings all!!!
View Janine Nicole's Profile Search for other posts by Janine Nicole
Kevin Barrett

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 7:10am | IP Logged  

Hello Kris,

Blessings to you , brother.  And first let me say that I too am still learning His truth and unlearning all the religion I have been taught over the years.  It is an ongoing process.

Like you, Kris, I once thought that it was only a matter of doctrinal beliefs and that those that believed the rapture lie would just simply be sadly disappointed.  However, the Lord has revealed to me and others I know that the “great falling away” spoken of in the scriptures will be largely in part due to the rapture lie.  The Lord showed me that it is NOT just a matter of doctrinal beliefs, it is a matter of His truth.  The Lord has told me that the tribulation will bring with it such horrors that I could not even imagine.  It is far worse than any of us could imagine.  And the spiritual battle will be so intense that nobody is ready no matter how saintly they may be.  Satan will be allowed to have more freedom to attack because God is lifting His common grace and their will ONLY be grace for His truth.  We will need a double portion of His grace just to stand.  And that grace will only be poured upon His truth.  Those standing on any lies or deception will fall. Mat 7:27  And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house (person), and it fell, and great was the fall of it."

For many years now the church has been teaching error, lies, and watered down truths.  Only God’s blessings and love is taught and so there is no fear of God or growing into maturity.  I too know many sincere Christians that I love dearly and they still believe in the rapture.  But the day coming will test all man’s works; and any hay, wood or stubble will be burned up.  The reason people who believe in the rapture will fall away is two-fold.  First, these people have put their belief and hope in it either most, or all, of their Christian walk. When they find out it was a lie, many will believe Christianity to be a lie because their entire foundation was on a lie and not the solid foundation of truth.  Secondly, everyone will be shaken to their core to test them.  Since many churches only pamper Christians with lies and watered down truths, many are not preparing themselves as Jesus taught us to do.  The church has not done its job in bringing children into maturity.  Instead it keeps them on (watered down) milk. Mat 24:19  But woe to the ones having a child in womb (those not matured into the full stature of Christ), and to those suckling (those still on the milk of the word) in those days!   Luk 14:28  For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it? Mat 24:13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Kris, just like you, I too will be loving and accepting to those that have not prepared themselves and try to help them.  But unfortunately, during that time, it will just be too late to help many into maturity, and the darkness will overtake them.  It is not that God is going to beat His children down over a doctrinal belief.  It is the Day of the Lord that will beat down all lies in His children.  Mal 3:2-3  But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears? For he is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap. He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, and they will bring offerings in righteousness to the LORD.  Isaiah 28:18-19  Then your covenant with death (escape through a rapture) will be annulled, and your agreement with Sheol will not stand; when the overwhelming scourge passes through, YOU WILL BE BEATIN DOWN BY IT. As often as it passes through it will take you; for morning by morning it will pass through, by day and by night; and it will be sheer terror to understand the message( the hard truth).  These scriptures are God’s words, not mine.

Brother, please understand my heart.  I know that the prophetic words that the Lord gives me are sometimes very harsh.  This is in part because His truth is not taught and most Christians are only pampered in their churches so when His truth is spoken, it seems harsh.  Another reason is due to the lateness of the hour.  There is no time left to pamper Christians.  It is time to suit up with armor and prepare for war.  I am reminded of a vision that Rick Joyner wrote about in one of his books.  He saw the onslaught of the enemy coming but the Lord's army was not prepared.  There was the first group that did have armor, then the second group that had only pieces of armor.  But then there was the third group with absolutely no armor and they were just singing and dancing to the Lord.  Rick Joyner went and tried to warn them of the onslaught to come, but they rejected his warnings and said God will not let anything bad happen to them.   And so I’m sure you know what happened.

So my point is this.  My heart weeps for all those that will fall away because they stood on a lie and did not prepare themselves.  I am doing my part in trying to shake them awake and that takes hard truth in this lateness of hour.  The Lord gave me an analogy like with the coast guard lifeguards.  When they are in ruff waters trying to rescue someone and that person is frantically trying to save themselves instead of giving up and allowing themselves to be saved; then the coastguard has to either knock them out or let them go because the frantic person will take the coastguard down with them.  We are at that point.  People will be frantically trying to stay above water with their doctrinal lies, they either must be knocked out (spiritually speaking with hard truth) or they will just be left to drown.

I know all this sounds harsh.  But that is the reason the Lord told me that He is using me for these harsh words.  The people must be warned, but not many are willing to say these things.  It is just like the prophets of old.  They were killed because of their warnings, but the false prophets of ease were adored and loved.  I have allowed God to use me for this hard job not only out of obedience, but also because of my love and concern for His people.  I hope you can understand.

Many blessings to you, brother

Edited by Kevin Barrett on 11/27/2012 at 7:54am

Dave Spencer

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 9:07am | IP Logged  

When we have a "hard" word to share, then we must always balance that with a Way out - with Hope in Christ.  There may be a few exceptions to this but very few!

Be sure you are not sliding into sensationalism as a way to get people's attention. Maybe better to just refer them to Ron's teachings on the rapture vs. the KJV translation.  When Paul went to the Roman "think tank", he didn't lambaste them with "You're going to hell because you are worshiping false gods.", but he started with the concept of their "unknown god" and then preached Truth to them.  Only a few responded to the Holy Spirit's calling - the rest went on sleeping and denying the reality of God's Love and Mercy through Christ Jesus..

Your Brother in Christ,
Dave

Edited by Dave Spencer on 11/27/2012 at 4:19pm
View Dave Spencer's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Spencer
Karen Samford

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 9:27am | IP Logged  

Kevin,there will be a rapture but we don't know when.It
says it in the word.
I Thes.
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren,
concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not,
even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even
so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with
him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that
we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord
shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a
shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the
trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up
together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the
air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
View Karen Samford's Profile Search for other posts by Karen Samford
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 10:16am | IP Logged  

Kevin,

You have shared a portion of truth re the rapture theory being a lie. The teaching began with John Darby if I'm remembering correctly( you may want to look that up to be sure).

Re the rest of what you are sharing, I believe you are sincere in what you believe to be true and from the Lord in this writing, however I ask that you lay aside all preconceived eschatological thought, regardless of how it may have come and ask Holy Spirit to reveal in the Light of the message of the Kingdom which Jesus taught, preached and demonstrated.

You may also want to look into the fulfillment of Matt.24 and the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 to 73 AD. The great tribulation that came upon.

In this life you will have tribulation but be of good cheer for I have overcome~Jesus We have been commissioned as ambassadors and ministers of reconciliation to make disciples of all Nations. In other words, by the preaching and demonstration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and His Kingdom, cultures are changed to reflect the culture of heaven. There have been many erroneous doctrines propagated which has hindered the church from coming to the knoweldge of her true identity in and through Christ and therefore had hindered the message of the Kingdom of God. But all these things(hinderances) are being removed.

There is the inner work of Holy Spirit and His passion(fire) cleansing our mindsets from what we may have believed to be true and is not. Whenever there is a return to the law or performance based relationship, etc. that is a falling away from the faith of Christ, falling from Grace but we also need remember He is the Good Shepherd Who goes after the one. He's Faithful and True.

According to Jesus, there was no greater prophet before John the Baptist and yet He said, the least in His Kingdom is greater than he. Why would that be?

Just sharing a bit to ~selah~ before Him

Blessings,

View Kathy Bippus's Profile Search for other posts by Kathy Bippus
Julie Gilbert

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 10:37am | IP Logged  

for a bit of history on the 'theory' of the rapture, you can visit the link
and I will post the excerpt also --

http://www.askelm.com/essentials/ess025.htm

The Rapture Theory - Its Surprising Origin

Almost all Christians are interested in prophecy. This is especially true if
the prophecies show what will happen to Christians themselves. There
is nothing wrong in desiring such personal knowledge. Even our Lord
gave a considerable amount of teaching about the circumstances to
befall His people at the end of the age (Matthew 24:22–25). We all
share a common concern in wanting to know about the participants,
the chronology, and the geography of those prophecies. To
comprehend the full knowledge of them it is obvious that all relevant
statements of our Lord and His apostles must be properly interpreted
and placed in a coherent order.

Many Christians have attempted to do this. As a consequence, the
doctrine of the Rapture has arisen. So important has it become to
many that the teaching is now sanctioned in some circles as the prime
revelation from God to show what will happen to members of His
ekklesia just before and during the Second Coming of Christ. Some of
the greatest friends of the Holy Scriptures have accepted this teaching
(and they teach this false doctrine even by mistranslating the phrase
“first resurrection” as “the former resurrection” in Revelation 20:5). If
one translates the word correctly as “first,” then it means the
resurrection of Christians occurs after the Tribulation, and the Pre-
Tribulation Rapture Theory is shown to be false. 1

The Pre-Tribulation Rapture Theory, however, is a menacing doctrine
that perverts the plain language of the text of the New Testament.
Some preachers today look on the doctrine as the heart and core of
present Christian expectations in regard to prophetic truth for the near
future! Many believe this false teaching is the principle hope of the
Body of Christ for their redemption and safety during the Great
Tribulation. We need to look at this teaching carefully.

The Doctrine of the Rapture

First understand that the word “Rapture” is not found in the King
James translation. There is also no single word used by biblical authors
to describe the prophetic factors that comprise the doctrine. Its
formulation came about by means of inductive reasoning. Certain
biblical passages concerning the Second Coming, and the role Christians
will play in that event, were blended together inductively to establish
the teaching.

The modern expression “Rapture” has been invented to explain the
overall teaching and the term suits the subject well. The basic tenets of
the doctrine are simple. It purports that Christ will come back to this
earth in two phases. He will first return secretly to rapture His church
away from this world so that they might escape the Great Tribulation
to occur at the end of the age. Christ then returns in a visible advent to
dispense His wrath on the world’s nations. This is the general teaching.

Many details concerning these prime factors are hotly debated. There
is especially much argument over the chronological features associated
with it. Some think the time lapse between the two phases will be 3 ½
years, others say 7 years. Some feel that the Rapture of the ekklesia
occurs before the Tribulation, others about mid-way through. Many
suggest that the saints of God will be taken to heaven for protection,
while others suggest a geographical area on this earth (as I have shown
in various articles). 2 Some feel that only part of the ekklesia will
escape, while others say all will be rescued.

These variations and others have multiplied the interpretations among
those holding the belief. But all are unanimous on one point: the
central theme of the “Rapture Theory” (as it is normally called in the
theological world) shows that Christ will return to earth in two phases.
They think Christ will come at first secretly for His saints and then He
will come visibly with His saints returning with Him from heaven at the
actual Second Advent. In this book, when I use the term “Rapture”
standing alone, I always mean the “Rapture Theory” of the pre-
tribulation theorists.

The Newness of the Doctrine

It may come as a surprise but the doctrine of the Rapture is not
mentioned in any Christian writings, of which we have knowledge, until
after the year 1830 C.E. Whether the early writers were Greek or
Latin, Armenian or Coptic, Syrian or Ethiopian, English or German,
orthodox or heretic, no one mentioned it before 1830 (though a
sentence in Pseudo-Dionysius in about 500 C.E. could be so
interpreted). Of course, those who feel the origin of the teaching is in
the Bible would say that it ceased being taught for some unknown
reason at the close of the apostolic age only to reappear in 1830. But if
the doctrine were so clearly stated in Scripture, it seems incredible
that no one should have referred to it before the 19th century.

The lateness of the doctrine does not necessarily mean the teaching is
wrong (only the plain statements of the Bible can reveal that). It does
show that thousands of eminent scholars over seventeen centuries
(including the most astute “Christian Fathers” and those of the
Reformation and post-Reformation periods) must be considered
prophetic dunces for not having understood so fundamental a
teaching. This lapse of seventeen centuries when no one elaborated on
the doctrine must be viewed as an obstacle to accepting its reliability.

The Beginnings of the Doctrine

The result of a careful investigation into the origin of the Rapture was
published in 1976. This was in an excellent research book that deserves
to be read by all people interested in the subject. Its title: The
Unbelievable Pre-Trib Origin by Dave MacPherson. 3 He catalogs a
great deal of historical material that answers the doctrine’s mysterious
derivation. I wish to review the results of his research.

In the middle 1820’s a religious environment began to be established
among a few Christians in London, England which proved to be the
catalyst from which the doctrine of the Rapture emerged.
Expectations of the soon coming of our Lord were being voiced. This
was no new thing, but what was unusual was the teaching by a
Presbyterian minister named Edward Irving that there had to be a
restoration of the spiritual gifts mentioned in 1 Corinthians chapters
12–14 just before Christ’s Second Advent. To Irving, the time had come
for those spiritual manifestations to occur. Among the expected gifts
was the renewal of speaking in tongues and of prophetic utterances
motivated by the spirit.

Irving began to propagate his beliefs. His oratorical skills and
enthusiasm caused his congregation in London to grow. Then a number
of people began to experience the “gifts.” Once this happened,
opposition from the organized churches set in. It resulted in Irving’s
dismissal from the Presbyterian Church in 1832. His group established
themselves as the Catholic Apostolic Church and continued the
teachings of Irving. These events were the beginnings of what some
call present day Pentecostalism. Some church historians referred to
Irving as “the father of modern Pentecostalism.”

What does this have to do with the origin of the Rapture doctrine?
Look at what happened in the year 1830 — two years before Irving’s
dismissal from the Presbyterian Church. In that year a revival of the
“gifts” began to be manifested among some people living in the
lowlands of Scotland. They experienced what they called the
outpouring of the Spirit. It was accompanied with speak­ing in
“tongues” and other charismatic phenomena. Irving preached that
these things must occur and now they were.

On one particular evening, the power of the Holy Spirit was said to
have rested on a Miss Margaret Macdonald while she was ill at home.
She was dangerously sick and thought she was dying. In spite of this (or
perhaps because she is supposed to have come under the “power” of
the spirit) for several successive hours she experienced manifestations
of “mingled prophecy and vision.” She found her mind in an altered
state and began to experience considerable visionary activity.

The message she received during this prophetic vision convinced her
that Christ was going to appear in two stages at His Second Advent,
and not a single occasion as most all people formerly believed. The
spirit emanation revealed that Christ would first come in glory to those
who look for Him and again later in a final stage when every eye would
see Him. This visionary experience of Miss Macdonald represented the
prime source of the modern Rapture doctrine as the historical evidence
compiled by Mr. MacPherson reveals.

The Influence of John Darby

Many people have thought that John Darby, the founder of the
Plymouth Brethren, was the originator of the Rapture doctrine. This is
not the case. Darby was a brilliant theologian with outstanding
scholarly abilities. Even those who disagreed with his teachings admit
that he, and many associated with him, helped cause a revival in
biblical learning throughout the evangelical world which has
perpetuated down to the present day. All who love biblical research
ought to be thankful for what Darby and especially his associates
accomplished for biblical scholarship. These early men helped pave the
way particularly for the renewal of modern lexical studies in the biblical
languages.

This renewal of language studies was not the only thing they produced.
The doctrine of “dispensationalism” was also a teaching they brought
to the attention of the Protestant world. And then, there was this new
doctrine termed the “Rapture.” While many Christians long thought
the Rapture doctrine originated with John Darby, it is now known that
this was not true. Darby did popularize it. Scofield and others took it
over. But Darby provided the intellectual mantle that helped make it
respectable. Many of those in the evangelical sphere of Christianity
today are so certain of its veracity that it is accepted as the absolute
truth of God. The fact is, however, John Darby received the knowledge
of the doctrine from someone else. His source was Margaret
Macdonald.

The studies of Mr. MacPherson show that her sickness during which she
received her visions and revelations occurred sometime between
February 1 and April 14, 1830. By late spring and early summer of
1830, her belief in the two phases of Christ’s coming was mentioned in
praise and prayer meetings in several towns of western Scotland. In
these meetings some people were speaking in “tongues” and other
charismatic occurrences were in evidence. Modern “Pentecostalism”
had its birth.

These extraordinary and strange events so attracted John Darby that
he made a trip to the area to witness what was going on. Though he
did not approve of the ecstatic episodes that he witnessed, it is
nonetheless significant that Darby, after returning from Scotland,
began to teach that Christ’s Advent would occur in two phases.
MacPherson shows good evidence that Darby even visited Miss
Macdonald in her home. There can hardly be any doubt that the visions
and spiritual experiences of Miss Macdonald are the source of the
modern doctrine. But belief in such paranormal experiences is
dangerous, especially when they are contrary to scriptural teachings.

Visions and Dreams

While it is possible that visionary revelations can come from God, it is
always prudent to be cautious in such matters. Near the same time
Miss Macdonald was receiving her visions, Joseph Smith in America was
experiencing his apparitions that brought Mormon doctrines to the
world. John Wilson also had his dreams that were the spark that
started the false teaching of British-Israelism. Not long afterwards,
Ellen G. White received her visions that resulted in many Seventh Day
Adventist teachings. And remarkably, all these individuals received
revelations of doctrines supposedly from God that were much at
variance with one another and contrary to biblical teachings. Such
incidents bring to mind the warning that God gave to Moses.

“If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and
gives you a sign or wonder, and the sign or the wonder come to pass,
whereof he spoke unto you, saying, ‘let us go after other gods, which
you have not known, and let us serve them’; you shall not hearken unto
the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord
proves [tests] you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all
your heart and with all your soul.”

Deuteronomy 13:1–3

In regard to the teachings of visionaries, recall what the apostle John
commanded Christians.

“Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are
of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.” 4

1 John 4:1

And though some refer to the prophecy of Daniel that “knowledge shall
be increased” (Daniel 12:4) as proof that the revival of doctrinal truths
will occur at the end of the age, this is not what Daniel meant. If you
read the prophet carefully you will find Daniel was speaking that “the
knowledge” of his prophecies will be increased, not the revival of
general doctrines. In the original text of Daniel, the definite article
occurs before the word “knowledge.” Daniel said “THE knowledge will
be increased,” and the text shows he meant “the knowledge of his
prophecies.” Daniel was in no way speaking about a renewing of
doctrines at the Time of the End.

A further admonition is necessary concerning the origins of visionary
teachings that might emerge near our own time. It is by the apostle
Paul and we should pay close attention to it.

“Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall
depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of
devils.”

1 Timothy 4:1

These warnings from God’s word are a reminder that we should
exercise caution in accepting the truthfulness of visionary revelations,
particularly those near the end of the age, and which are contradictory
to one another and to the Bible. The Pre-Tribulation Rapture Theory is
such a doctrine; a teaching with no scriptural warrant. After all, the
Holy Scriptures makes it plain that the first resurrection (when
Christians from the past have their resurrections and we are caught up
to heaven with Christ) occurs after the Tribulation is over (Revelation
20:5). And though a number of people within the Body of Christ have
taken up with this false doctrine, it is time to jettison it from Christian
belief.

The truth is, we will be protected from the evils of the Antichrist
system (and the judgments of the Great Tribulation) by a mantle of
safety from God that will protect us on earth. There is only one Second
Advent of Christ and that is the moment (for all of us then living) we will
be changed into immortality and the resurrection of the dead takes
place. That is when all of us will meet Christ in the clouds (1
Thessalonians 4:13–18). We can believe this teaching with full
assurance and faith. Remember, God cares for you and all the Body of
Christ.

1 To prevent people from understanding this natural meaning of the
word, even the Concordant Version incorrectly translated the word as
“former.” This is sad! This departure from the principles of true
translation is against the very principles of proper translation that
Concordant Version correctly endorse. The Concordant Version is in
most places, however, an excellent translation of the New Testament.
The lapse in this Version shows how strong doctrinal beliefs can be and
how they influence translators to mistranslate texts of the Scriptures to
support their false theories. All of us must reject this type of approach.
ELM

2 See Dr. Martin’s articles “The Place of Safety” at
http://www.askelm.com/prophecy/p971116.htm and “Personal Safety
During End-Time Prophecy” at
http://www.askelm.com/prophecy/p991123.htm. DWS

3 An updated edition of this work by David MacPherson is retitled, The
Rapture Plot (Simpsonville, SC: Millennium III Pub, 1995). ELM

4 This verse is also saying that false prophets have a relationship (in
various and sundry ways) with spirits. DWS

Order our Book: Essentials of New Testament Doctrine to read all the
chapters.

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 11:25am | IP Logged  

"the message she received during this prophetic vision convinced her
that Christ was going to appear in two stages at His Second Advent,
and not a single occasion as most all people formerly believed. The
spirit emanation revealed that Christ would first come in glory to those
who look for Him and again later in a final stage when every eye would
see Him. This visionary experience of Miss Macdonald represented the
prime source of the modern Rapture doctrine as the historical evidence
compiled by Mr. MacPherson reveals. "

Thanks Julie, that's right. There was quite a bit of discussion about that on OH last year? And much of this has been discussed throughout the years on OH and as Dave mentioned one can read through Ron's writings re the 'rapture.' There are also several others on here also, who have spoken into these things.

There are some other things that the article you shared, that again, I would ask, (which from what I am understanding is being said, there is a post-trib. catching away)..that you/each one lay aside all preconceived eschatological thought, regardless of how it may have come and ask Holy Spirit to reveal in the Light of the message of the Kingdom which Jesus taught, preached and demonstrated.

Blessings,

Edited by Kathy Bippus on 11/27/2012 at 11:27am

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 11:30am | IP Logged  

Thanx all,

The Spirit of God has clearly spoken to me that very serious troubled times are upon us and it will be worse then we can imagine. If you have read my last series of articles it was about preparing for troubled times(tribulation). Not only that, the Day of the Lord is at hand, a day of darkness, a day of the falling of all things built upon the wisdom and works of men. The devastation for many will be great.

But the message is not the trouble or the darkness, it is the kingdom, which is Christ IN ME coming forth in power and is in effect the catalyst for the fall of all things built upon the wisdom and works of men. The Spirit of God awakened me years ago to the fact that many will not hear and there will be those who for lack of wisdom and faith will perish.

Babylon is falling, all that is built for self, in the world AND the church is crumbling and many will be taken down in it's demise.

But in the deep darkness a light is rising, and nations shall come to it's light. It the kingdom coming forth, it is no an earthly country it is not a political system.

It is a kingdom of the heart. Really it is all about heart conditions, not doctrines.

And that is where I diverge, when you make a specific doctrine a source of prophetic pronouncement I do not believe it reflects the heart of God or the whole of a matter. You may be offended by the many who are in ignorance and hold to doctrines of demons. But prophesying out of seeing a wrong is not prophesy, that is easy and many do it. That is why I do not believe this is a reflection of the whole state of the matter and is divisive and serves little kingdom purpose as prophesy. We can prophesy revelation we have and it will be skewed if not directed from His heart.

Kris

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 11:47am | IP Logged  

Thanks Kriston,

Yes, it is an issue of the heart.

Praise God for His Faithfulness in removing our filters..taking us from glory to Glory!

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 11:54am | IP Logged  

I have had too many personal failings to not see that it is the heart that Father looks at and not the trappings around us. We would do well to give heed to the grace teachers and their preaching on the finished work of the cross. It is true many have erred in their overreach on these truths, but we need to embrace fully the finished work to come into rest.

I have learned to hear Father in many who seem too harsh or too "loving" to understand what He has imparted to the body as a whole.

It is offense that makes us skew our teachings and our prophesies, offense of others failings and perceived errors that causes us to judge them. This offense is rampant upon both sides of those who see only a loving God and those who see only judgment. Father is both just AND loving. And his justice flows from love. The finished work of Christ does not change who He is. Rather it establishes who He is IN US. If we will get our eyes off those who miss it and on Him who is our life we can let go the offense of those who disagree with us.

Kris

Edited by Kriston Couchey on 11/27/2012 at 2:21pm

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 12:25pm | IP Logged  

Right on, one thing for sure with our eyes upon Jesus and His finished work, the pointing of the finger is removed.

~Turn your eyes upon Jesus look full in His wonderful face and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the Light of His Glory and Grace~

Edited by Kathy Bippus on 11/27/2012 at 12:29pm

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 1:08pm | IP Logged  

When the Spirit of God called me to come out of the Babylonian church system into the wilderness, I began to see the error and destruction that Babylon caused in the lives of people, there were also people within the system that gained or used the system to enrich and promote self. It was ugly, and all i could think about and talk about was how Father showed me these things that could not allowed anymore be and would not be allowed anymore. It was all true.

That was a painful and shocking experience for me and my friends to walk through. Continually the Spirit began revealing the truth of what we had come out of and how unlike him and grieving to him it was. It is true, out of love He is ending these things.

But this seeing of the wickedness and error is the first step to repenting or changing your mind ourselves, seeing what you have come out from and have become, and turning to Father Himself to find rest and transformation.

I know some who have come to this point and because of unresolved offense from religion and wrongs in the church have gone no further, but live in a constant state of pointing out the error and evil of others who have not seen what they see. It is a dangerous but necessary place to be in. BUT, only for a time. The error and destruction of evil is the not heart of the message.

CHRIST is the message, destruction is not the message. We are called to point to Him and draw men unto Him. Arguing over doctrine does not do this, prophesying doom does not do it. We can see things and prophesy what we see, but it does not make it appropriate or accurately portray the whole purpose of God.

Kris

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 1:19pm | IP Logged  

The Spirit and the bride say "come, all thirsty and drink freely of the water of Life"

Jesus said this, "If I be lifted Up I will draw/drag all men unto Me." Our job is lifting Him up and offering the water of life to people. I have heard this from Father, you can drag a man to Christ but you can't make Him drink. It is men's choice... We make Him available, not all will drink and He will not force men to do so, but many will, that is what I am determined to do, lift Him up and offer the water of life.

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 3:22pm | IP Logged  

Amen Kriston,

For God so Loved the world He gave His only Begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting Life.

It is His great Love, Mercy, Kindness, Gentleness, Meekness, Patience, etc. His very Nature by which and which to we are drawn. All of it on full display of the cross and triumphant resurrection.

We've all been there and done that as far as the system of Babylon. We then see that Babylon is still yet within us, the unrenewed soul and as we see that, He is Faithful to remove. It's like the tares and the wheat growing up together within our own soul. Father says to let them alone until the time of maturity. He Faithfully removes the tares and burns them( Holy Spirit and fire, Who is the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of Grace) and gathers the wheat into His barn/Kingdom. Our soul is increased, enlarged by His indwelling and we are made free from the lies by the Spirit of Truth.

It truly is a Love that far surpasses, far surpasses anything and everthing. Christ and Him crucified will always be the central message of the Kingdom. The Lamb of God slain before the foundation of the world.

~For had they( the kingdom of darkness) known they never would have crucified Him~ nope, they would have killed everyone who were crucifying Him! : ))

Karen Samford

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 3:25pm | IP Logged  

Kevin it's ok if you don't respond to my post on the
question I asked.God is showing me that the catching away
in I Thes 4:13-15 I believe it is the same in Rev 12.There
is a great revelation here.
View Karen Samford's Profile Search for other posts by Karen Samford
Kevin Barrett

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 5:33pm | IP Logged  

Greetings everyone,

I hear all your words to me.

Dave, you mentioned that when the Lord gives a harsh word, there is always a way out.  Well in the word He gave me, He did give a way out.  He said it is not too late if His people would repent for trusting in lies and seek Him for preparing their hearts and how to escape the scourge to come. 

As for getting into sensationalism to get people to listen.  The scriptures warning those that trust in their lies seems to be sensational in themselves.(Isaiah 28:15-19)  I don’t need to add any sensationalism to them.  However, I hear your words and thank you for your input.  Blessings to you, brother

Julie, thank you for all that information.  Blessings to you….

Karen, I hear what you’re saying.  There will be a resurrection as scriptures declare.  But we are all seeking to enter into His Kingdom NOW and for those that think they will escape the tribulation by a rapture are deceived.  But I hear what your saying and thank you for sharing.  Blessings to you.

Kris, I hear all that you’re saying.  However, did anyone actually read what I had written for the reason of this prophetic word?  I was not judging anyone in error and seeking to point out other’s faults.  The scriptures are very clear as to what is going to happen to those that do not prepare and believe the rapture lie instead.  Out of my LOVE and CONCERN for my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ I grieved heavily and cried out to God to please use me and any others to warn these so that they do not have to go through this.   Warning my brethren so they may be spared IS having the Love of Christ.  I think that refraining from offending others when I see danger ahead for them is not love.  That’s the spirit of the world that doesn’t want to offend…..

But in any respect, I hear your words and thank you for your input.  Blessings to you.

On the other hand, I am a little confused at the many Christians today that think that Jesus doesn’t say anything harsh or offensive.  And if any prophecy is negative, then it’s not of Him.  This confuses me because I read a bible where Jesus makes many so-called harsh or offensive comments to us.

And where did this belief come from that works of obedience is following the old covenant law? 

I have deep respect and love for you all, but please read the words of Jesus below and then tell me that He won’t say anything harsh or offensive.  Blessings to you all……

Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter into the kingdom of Heaven, but the ones who do the will of My Father in Heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name do many works of power? And then I will declare to them, I never knew you; "depart from Me, those working lawlessness!"

For not the hearers of the Law are just with God, but the doers of the Law shall be justified.

When I shall say to the righteous that he shall surely live; if he trusts in his own righteousness and commits iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he has committed, he shall die for it.

Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the end of the age.

The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers,and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

So because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

Depart from me, all workers of iniquity, for Jehovah has heard the voice of my weeping.  Jehovah has heard my plea; Jehovah will receive my prayer.

Because you say, I am rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing, and do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked,

I counsel you to buy from Me gold purified by fire, so that you may be rich; and white clothing, so that you may be clothed, and so that the shame of your nakedness does not appear. And anoint your eyes with eye salve, so that you may see.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten; therefore be zealous and repent. 

The one who overcomes, this one will be clothed in white clothing. And I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Edited by Kevin Barrett on 11/27/2012 at 6:00pm

Janine Nicole

Posted: 11/27/2012 at 6:40pm | IP Logged  

Hello All,

Please bare with me I am on little sleep and will have to write tomorrow after I have had some real sleep, lol! I see alot has transpired over the day and I do not have the mental stamina to read all the posts! But I did want to share these scriptures and the video I saw that God used to teach me something. There are many scriptures where Jesus talked of those being thrust out of the Kingdom and weeping and gnashing of teeth. Eventhough I have read these scriptures many times this was brought to my attention the other day! Often it is taught that the weeping and outer darkness is hell (and it is, but not so sure the way our carnal mind thinks it is)

Ever notice the contrast in these verses? What is the Kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of darkness? Notice the heart/mindset of Stephen? Notice the heart/mindset of the religious leaders he is addressing? What did Jesus really mean when He said there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth? (The carnal mind is at enmity with God) Of course the scriptures  need to be read in the full context, but I just want to focus in on these verses

Matthew 13:41-43

New King James Version (NKJV)

41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

Acts 7:

Stephen the Martyr

54 When they heard these things they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed at him with their teeth. 55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, stopped their ears, and ran at him with one accord; 58 and they cast him out of the city and stoned him. And the witnesses laid down their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59 And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not charge them with this sin.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Also, here is the video I mentioned. Here is how God dealt with me on the matter lol. I click on this video thinking "oh this is interesting a teaching on Babylon with all that make-up and that hair color..she looks like the world"

I hate to admit I still struggle with judging by outward appearances!!

Needless to say, by the time I finished watching the video God had me in awe (as He usually does!)! Truly I was blessed and humbled to tears. This woman gave an excellent teaching and truly exhibited the Spirit of Christ in truth, love, and attitude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vp1iUyLsoM&feature=playe r_embedded

P.S. I encourage you to watch from beginning to end to see what I mean:)

Edited by Janine Nicole on 11/27/2012 at 6:41pm
View Janine Nicole's Profile Search for other posts by Janine Nicole

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version