Subject Topic: It’s Time To Fulfill Your Destiny! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Becky Porter

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03/27/2013 at 6:39pm | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

March 25, 2013

It's Time To Fulfill Your Destiny!

By Becky Porter

Over the last week the Lord has been speaking to me through bird parables.  One morning when I opened the blinds and looked out the window, I saw a beautiful red-breasted robin.  I immediately heard the Lord say, "You are pregnant with destiny."  A day or two later, as soon as I looked out the window, I again saw a red breasted robin, and this time it had a large red breast, and it indeed looked like it was pregnant!  As it flew away, I heard the Lord say, "It's time to fulfill your destiny.  Spread your wings and fly, My beloved!"  Two days ago, the Lord brought a beautiful tiny yellow bird to sit on our window ledge.  It was pecking away at something it found to eat on the ledge, (and I wondered how food could have appeared on the ledge, and then I thought of how God fed the Children of Israel manna in the desert).  I watched with great delight as the colorful and precious little bird pecked at food that was so small I could not see it, and then every few moments it would throw its little head back and sing the most beautiful and anointed song!  It was very clear that the bird was very happy and content and did not have any cares or concerns, and its needs were very obviously being met!  

The Lord immediately reminded me of a prophetic song He gave me years ago:

"Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself, for if I can take care of the lilies, the birds of the air and the trees, I can certainly take care of you and tend to every one of your needs, for I AM your faithful father, a faithful friend indeed, and no matter what your care or concern I will meet every one of your needs."

I heard the Lord say:  " I provided water from a rock and manna from heaven for the Children of Israel, and their clothes never wore out, how much more will I provide for you?" 

Then, yesterday when I looked out the window, I saw a beautiful red cardinal, and I also saw a hawk with beautiful markings, and they looked like they were well taken care of, and they all looked very content and peaceful.  It is a very unusual occurrence to see a red bird, a yellow bird and a hawk all in the same week - we have lived in this house for a number of years and I don't remember ever seeing those particular birds in our yard, so I know God is indeed highlighting some very specific messages this week.

Impression:  God has been telling us that it is time to fulfill our destiny in Him.  This is wonderful news and it causes us to get very excited and to rejoice, but we do not know what God will require of us for this to occur.  Sometimes God may ask us to quit our job and sell our home and move across country, (which would be very scary for most of us), or He may ask us to step out in faith in another area of our lives and face our fears and do something else that is very uncomfortable for our flesh.  Throughout the Bible, we see that when God called a man or woman to do something for Him, it was usually something they did not feel comfortable or capable of doing in their own strength, and obedience and great faith and trust in God were required of them.  They had to walk by faith and not by sight, and they had to hold on tightly to God, walking hand in hand with Him every step of the way.  As we step out in faith and obedience to fulfill our destiny, God is encouraging us to trust Him, no matter what we see, feel, or hear.

I hear the Lord saying:  You can do all things through Me.  Don't look at the giants in the land, but keep your eyes fastened on Me!  Don't look left and don't look right, but keep Me in your sight.  Set your face like flint, and don't let anything distract you, hinder you, trip you up or slow you down.  My grace is sufficient for you - in Me everything you need will be found.  Sometimes I will ask you to do things that are very uncomfortable for your flesh, but trust Me in spite of your feelings, because you will be very pleased with the end result.  Sometimes it may feel as if you are jumping out of an airplane, or walking into a den of lions, but know that I AM with you and I will never leave you, nor forsake you, but I will walk hand in hand with you every step of the way.  No foe or storm is greater than I AM, and nothing catches Me off guard.  I simply use those things as part of the process of getting you where you need to go.  Sometimes those who come against you, are actually acting like sheep dogs to help guide you in the right direction when you get off course!  Don't listen to the lies of the enemy - I have a perfect plan for your life, and I know exactly what I AM doing!  Together, we will fulfill the purpose and plan that I created you for!

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Psalm 139:13-16 ESV

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Deuteronomy 8:2-4 NKJV

And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not. So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord. Your garments did not wear out on you, nor did your foot swell these forty years. 

Becky Porter

lovetoencourage@yahoo.com

Edited by Becky Porter on 03/27/2013 at 7:04pm
View Becky Porter's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Porter
Cassandra Denis

Posted: 03/27/2013 at 6:46pm | IP Logged Quote Cassandra Denis

Amen, very encouraging!
View Cassandra Denis's Profile Search for other posts by Cassandra Denis
Kimberly Fowler

Posted: 03/27/2013 at 7:13pm | IP Logged Quote Kimberly Fowler

Just want to give you a big hug! Wonderful word!
View Kimberly Fowler's Profile Search for other posts by Kimberly Fowler
Becky Porter

Posted: 03/27/2013 at 7:36pm | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

Cassandra Denis wrote:
Amen, very encouraging!

Hi Cassandra,

I am so glad you were encouraged by this word the Lord gave me - that makes me VERY happy!!!    He is SO VERY faithful!

Thank you so much for letting me know that you were encouraged because that really encourages me! 

God bless you Cassandra!

Becky
Becky Porter

Posted: 03/27/2013 at 7:39pm | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

Kimberly Fowler wrote:
Just want to give you a big hug! Wonderful word!

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you so much for the hug, here is a hug right back to you! 

I am thrilled that you liked this word - God is amazing!

God bless you Kimberly - thank you for leaving a comment - you made me smile! 

Becky

Brenda Teal

Posted: 03/28/2013 at 3:54am | IP Logged Quote Brenda Teal

Thank you Becky,These words have been a great encouragement
to me too.
God Bless you

Becky Porter

Posted: 03/28/2013 at 5:06am | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

Hi Brenda,

You are very welcome!

I am so glad you were encouraged - God is faithful and I praise Him with all my heart!

God bless you too Brenda - it is great to hear from you! 

Becky
Deborah Connor

Posted: 03/29/2013 at 12:03am | IP Logged Quote Deborah Connor

Thank you Becky for posting.  I too, have seen some unusual birds in my yard lately.  The other day on the way to work, I saw a woodpecker!  I have not lived here that long, but have never seen one of those.  I am excited about what he wants to do through me!  Thanks again and God bless you!

Love in Christ,

Deborah

2 for they will prolong your life many years
   and bring you peace and prosperity.

View Deborah Connor's Profile Search for other posts by Deborah Connor
Deanna Harris

Posted: 03/29/2013 at 3:21am | IP Logged Quote Deanna Harris

OMG!!!!!!!   My husband called me to the window on the back of the house the other day and said look at all these redbreasted robins.   Probably 25-30.   They were pecking and getting stuff out of the ground too.   Thank you for the encouraging word.
View Deanna Harris's Profile Search for other posts by Deanna Harris

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version