Kriston Couchey

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 05/23/2013 at 9:59am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

VIDEO: UNION WITH GOD!

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
Val McCallan

Posted: 05/23/2013 at 10:35pm | IP Logged Quote Val McCallan

Thank you Kriston for a very encouraging word.

Edited by Val McCallan on 05/23/2013 at 10:36pm
View Val McCallan's Profile Search for other posts by Val McCallan
Kimberly Fowler

Posted: 05/24/2013 at 8:30am | IP Logged Quote Kimberly Fowler

I thought your video was very descriptive and informative of how you see things when you use certain terminology and I see them as you do as well, but I use different terminology because I've been brought up around people who use different words to describe similar things. Ironically the idea of the path of holiness is to me the same path of abiding in Christ with obedience to Christ. I think many (maybe not all, but many) are speaking of much the same idea but getting caught off guard and into confusion by different terminology which is used for similar ideas. And sometimes just like 2 people can be on the opposite side of a room looking at an identical picture, but one may notice certain things of that picture that another sees in a slightly different manner because the light is shaded differently based on where they are standing, I really think you and I see very similarly but my viewpoint sometimes is slightly different just based on terminology which is very unfamiliar to me. I agree with your discussion and my viewpoint of the path of holiness slightly differs from yours but is very similar to your terminology of "abiding in Him". I think when many of us (on the forum at any rate) are talking of the path of holiness, I am assuming that that is understood as abiding in Him and being in submission in obedience to Him if He tells us to do something. I believe the warnings out there to "stay on the path of Holiness" is in essence warning to "stay connected", "keep abiding in Him" and other similar terminology toward the people who somehow think that simply being baptized as a child or accepting Christ at an altar and then leaving it at that somehow keeps them out of hell. And I think because of the strong warning that God is putting in our hearts, we are trying to warn people to keep "abiding in God", keep being in submission to God, keep being obedient to His voice to your hearts, or as some of us are known to say - "be holy". So for some of us, I think we are on the same page, but just using different vernacular and trying to pass on the messages that God is giving us through the verbage we are most familiar with. At the same time, we are in a constant growing state, so it is very helpful when we do receive these types of messages where you are defining what you are talking about, so we can be on the same page (for the most part) and if we don't know the information at all or just a part of it, we can learn from it as well. Thank you for the time to take the video and explain your heart to us. I do appreciate you, Kriston. With love, your sister in Christ!
View Kimberly Fowler's Profile Search for other posts by Kimberly Fowler
Kimberly Fowler

Posted: 05/24/2013 at 9:08am | IP Logged Quote Kimberly Fowler

I just wanted to add one thing. I believe we are speaking of the same thing about the talk of holiness and "abiding in Christ".  I think the one reason that many of us keep hearkening to the word "holiness" is the understanding that even though we have chosen Christ and do know that we are one with Christ and that we abide in Him, I for one also believe that is is still our decision to remain on that narrow path, to remain attached to the vine. God never takes away our free will and our will  does not die on the cross, just our old man. Our will should now be to do God's will, but He never takes away our free will and that is why we pray, not my will but yours be done. So our call to holiness is to remind people to keep God's will preeminent by closely abiding in Him and He will make us holy, but it is by our choosing to let go of our will that His may be done. So I think our terminology of a holy walk is a daily choosing to let His will be my will, a willful act on our part to consecrate our life afresh to God. Yes, He has my life and I am His and I still choose again this day, just as He is my daily bread, my daily manna, His will not mine be done in me, that is "abiding" to me and it is also walking in holiness. I think we are talking of the same things but maybe not realizing it. If not, I am still willing to learn and as long as it lines up with the Word and the Spirit within, I am a willing student.
View Kimberly Fowler's Profile Search for other posts by Kimberly Fowler
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 05/24/2013 at 10:17am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Kimberly,

I appreciate your comments. i must add one thing to clarify a bit more. i am making a second part to this video. The issue of obedience and doing God's will is not even a problem for those one in Christ. You don't need to keep pounding people with "keep doing God's will, and obey." When in reality if you are pointing them to relationship of union with Him, the point of obedience and His will is taken care of.

Religion is always worrying that somehow God is not sufficient to work his will and way in people and needs us to "cattle prod" people into some form of works to prove something.

Those who are abiding in Christ cannot help but do God's will, because they are one. So we only preach Christ, not a focus on obedience or call to doing His will. when we see people who are practicing sin we can know that the problem is not obedience or doing God's will, the problem is they really are not walking in union with God. our job is to bring them back into union through preaching the sufficiency of Christ and the completed work of the cross and pointing them to Him. A sinful lifestyle is a symptom, not the problem. The problem is people are living under condemnation that has already been removed in Christ but they refuse to accept or receive the forgiveness already theirs.

Kris   

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 05/24/2013 at 10:50am | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Right on, right on, right on : ) We ARE one with Him. It's been the teachings of men inspired by religious spirits, that have said and still say otherwise. For what purpose would that be? hmmm? To keep one so preoccupied with who they are not, a lie, delusion that hinders the Christ Life from simply being. Still 'trying' to get closer, trying to please, trying to be holy, trying, trying and always falling short and always will. These type religious thoughts, teaching/s, prophesies etc. sounds good to the flesh, but profits nothing. It is simply Christ and Christ alone. We've been immersed in Him. We are the sons of God, we are the bride/wife of God all because of Christ..the New and Better Covenant.

What you've shared here Kriston is basic stuff, yet religion has blinded the eyes and deafened the ears. But, praise God He is opening the eyes and ears to see and hear! Awake, o sleeper, Christ will give you Life. It is for freedom that Christ has made us free : )) Can I get a woOt woOt! haha Shakey, shakey, wakey wakey to Grace=Freedom. In the removing of those things that can be shaken and needs to be trashed lol , there is return to First Love, First works..His.

If one is in disobedience, it is only because there has been a disconnect from their true identity, of which we Lovingly restore them to : )

Much Love and mega blessings bro., keep on keepin' on telling the real deal : ))

View Kathy Bippus's Profile Search for other posts by Kathy Bippus
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 06/06/2013 at 8:05am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

LIVING FROM UNION WITH GOD

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version