Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: Water Flowing Out Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Kimberly Fowler

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07/11/2013 at 4:33am | IP Logged Quote Kimberly Fowler

I was spending time with God and I suddenly got the words, "at the foot of the cross". Just after I got those words I heard in the spirit gasping sobs like someone was trying to be quiet and hold back sobs but could not stop and then I saw a female at the foot of the cross and she was crouched there weeping and holding her hand over her mouth just sobbing. My heart just broke for her, I had no idea what she was weeping over, but it hurt my heart to see her in emotional agony. And it felt like a knife in my heart just to see this person in such need, it was piercing my own heart with hurt for her. And as I thought that, the picture of Jesus was somehow now superimposed over my body as if I were hanging on the cross with Jesus and I got a mental image of when the soldier stuck the sword in Jesus side and pierced his heart, and I got the words, "and water flowed out". Now I know the scripture that blood and water flowed out of Jesus as He was pierced (one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water - John 19:34), but now Jesus was somehow wanting to focus on the fact that water flowed out. I know that the blood cleanses us from sin and that is usually what we focus on when we think of the cross, but Jesus was drawing my attention to the water that flowed out of his pierced side. And just as He drew my attention to the water that flowed, I got the phrase, "the washing of the water of the word". And it dawned on me, He is the Word, and the water represented the washing of the water of the Word. His blood does cleanse us, but sometimes we need the cleansing, healing, restoring water of the Word to just wash over us. Isaiah 53:4-5 says, "Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5But he was wounded (NIV says "pierced") for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was on him; and with his stripes we are healed."

We all have times where we just want to lay at the feet of Jesus at the foot of the cross, whether it is for repentance or emotional or physical healing or simply in the travail or intercession for someone else, but know He feels the pain that we feel and He took that pain upon Himself, but His word brings healing and it brings life. Let His Word wash over you today and bring healing and refreshing to your soul.

May God's Presence Be With You
View Kimberly Fowler's Profile Search for other posts by Kimberly Fowler
Kimberly Fowler

Posted: 07/11/2013 at 4:38am | IP Logged Quote Kimberly Fowler

Question: "Why did blood and water come out of Jesus' side when He was pierced?"

Answer: The Roman flogging or scourging that Jesus endured prior to being crucified normally consisted of 39 lashes, but could have been more (Mark 15:15; John 19:1). The whip that was used, called a flagrum, consisted of braided leather thongs with metal balls and pieces of sharp bone woven into or intertwined with the braids. The balls added weight to the whip, causing deep bruising and contusions as the victim was struck. The pieces of bone served to cut into the flesh. As the beating continued, the resulting cuts were so severe that the skeletal muscles, underlying veins, sinews, and bowels of victims were exposed. This beating was so severe that at times victims would not survive it in order to go on to be crucified.

Those who were flogged would often go into hypovolemic shock, a term that refers to low blood volume. In other words, the person would have lost so much blood he would go into shock. The results of this would be

1) The heart would race to pump blood that was not there.

2) The victim would collapse or faint due to low blood pressure.

3) The kidneys would shut down to preserve body fluids.

4) The person would experience extreme thirst as the body desired to replenish lost fluids.

There is evidence from Scripture that Jesus experienced hypovolemic shock as a result of being flogged. As Jesus carried His own cross to Golgotha (John 19:17), He collapsed, and a man named Simon was forced to either carry the cross or help Jesus carry the cross the rest of way to the hill (Matthew 27:32–33; Mark 15:21–22; Luke 23:26). This collapse indicates Jesus had low blood pressure. Another indicator that Jesus suffered from hypovolemic shock was that He declared He was thirsty as He hung on the cross (John 19:28), indicating His body’s desire to replenish fluids.

Prior to death, the sustained rapid heartbeat caused by hypovolemic shock also causes fluid to gather in the sack around the heart and around the lungs. This gathering of fluid in the membrane around the heart is called pericardial effusion, and the fluid gathering around the lungs is called pleural effusion. This explains why, after Jesus died and a Roman soldier thrust a spear through Jesus’ side (probably His right side, piercing both the lungs and the heart), blood and water came from His side just as John recorded in his Gospel (John 19:34).

Recommended Resources: Logos Bible Software and Jesus: The Greatest Life of All by Charles Swindoll.

While he is not the author of every article on GotQuestions.org, for citation purposes, you may reference our CEO, S. Michael Houdmann.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/blood-water-Jesus.html#ixzz2Yjgj qPYM
View Kimberly Fowler's Profile Search for other posts by Kimberly Fowler
Michele Hay

Posted: 07/12/2013 at 5:37am | IP Logged Quote Michele Hay

powerful and beautiful Kimberly...thank you.

Stacey Yerian
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 07/13/2013 at 7:19am | IP Logged Quote Stacey Yerian

Kimberly Fowler wrote:
...sometimes we need the cleansing, healing, restoring water of the Word to just wash over us.

...His word brings healing and it brings life. Let His Word wash over you today and bring healing and refreshing to your soul.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.

John 1:4 In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men.

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us; and we saw His glory, such glory as an only begotton son receives from his father, full of grace and truth.

/quote].

View Stacey Yerian's Profile Search for other posts by Stacey Yerian

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version