Posted: 08/01/2013 at 6:35am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

THE VOICE OF MANY WATERS

Edited by Kriston Couchey on 08/01/2013 at 7:49am

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
Lyn McSweeney

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08/01/2013 at 3:10pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Love and Blessings Kris...thank you!
View Lyn McSweeney's Profile Search for other posts by Lyn McSweeney Visit Lyn McSweeney's Homepage
Julia Garrett

Posted: 08/01/2013 at 8:15pm | IP Logged Quote Julia Garrett

I was blessed by this message and I am glad that you
debunked the elitism in me that I did not realize I had!
Wake up Time! Amen!
View Julia Garrett's Profile Search for other posts by Julia Garrett
Kimberly Fowler

Posted: 08/02/2013 at 10:00am | IP Logged Quote Kimberly Fowler

For those that can't get Vimeo or Youtube, allow me to reiterate what I felt you were conveying in the message. You were saying that there has been a different emphasis on different revelations brought forth by God over a process of time and Jesus is the voice of many waters speaking different messages through different ministries or people all revealing ("slowly unwrapping our vision"- my words) of who Christ is to us and to the world. There have been many teachers teaching many different revelations and sometimes we can focus exclusively on one to the exclusion of other messages but also to the neglecting of allowing the true TEACHER, Christ, to teach us all things through the revelations that He brings in a variety of ways and through different people.
And you stated that some things you had been taught and already grown further into other revelation, and you looked at some teachers who were still teaching the same thing that they had taught long ago. And you asked God why they were still teaching that and He responded, 'What is it to you if I have them standing in that place?' And He taught you that we are all a body regardless of where we are in depth or level and there is no stratosphere of ranking as if some are more part of the body than others, that God looks at all of His Sons and Daughters through the eyes of love and we should not judge those people who may have a different revelation ahead of us or who are seemingly lagging behind. We are a body and should see it in that light. We all are Sons of Christ who truly belong to Christ regardless of what level of revelation we have grown into...it is a process which we are all part of and are ALL continuing.
(If I have mangled your message, please forgive me, Kriston, and feel free to correct me). It was such a needed message to the body and I know everyone can't get the video feeds on some of their devices.
I have grown up in the church world but as a child moved around a lot and went to different churches and it is a true and unfortunate fact that the body of Christ can be "cliquish". I have been that myself and God had to start opening my eyes to His heart and see others as God saw them. I think one of the disadvantages in "Christiandom" is that while we can perceive age in the physical, we cannot sometimes perceive age in the spiritual realm and we tend to judge people because their belief codes (in Christ) do not quite line up with ours. And yet, if a physical two-year old spoke as a two-year old does, we would think how cute he was and not think anything of his mistakes in his perception of the world, because we know he is two. And if he was two and spoke like a six-year old (even though a six-year old still does not have a full maturity), we would talk about how smart the two-year old was being and how far along he was in his maturity for his age. Yet in the Christian realm, because we do not always perceive this, we can treat sometimes with scorn those that are still coming along in different stages of maturity because they still may look at things differently. Even in churches and places of growth, God showed me many years ago that they were like different grades of school or like different business colleges or institutions that you sometimes need to go to for specific learning. So the fact that some of the places teach the same things over and over are just like a basic cooking school that is teaching the basics for the people who need to learn them. It's not a place for chefs, unless they are the instructors, but it is definitely needed for others. Also even in the prophetic realm, sometimes we grade words that are past our own revelation, not realizing that milk is still needed by many babes in Christ. And while we don't need to rebuild a strong foundation for one who is mature, sometimes foundational words are needed for the babies. It has been brought to my own heart this past year or so that while I have been concentrating on the part of the verse "I shall love the Lord my God with all my heart and soul and mind", I have been totally negligent of the next part, "and love my neighbor as myself". I think that is not just me but with a good part of the body of Christ. They shall know we are Christians by our love, and yet Christians have not been unified at all to love each other, so how can we show the world our love when it is so lacking among ourselves. This is where I see the Spirit of God pointing in a strong way...unity of the brethren and love for each other to truly come together as the body and bride of Christ.
It truly was a very good word, Kriston, and one with which I heartily agree!     
View Kimberly Fowler's Profile Search for other posts by Kimberly Fowler
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 08/02/2013 at 10:04am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Kimberly,

i couldn't have said it better.

Blessings!!!

Kris

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 08/05/2013 at 12:22am | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Re up
View Lyn McSweeney's Profile Search for other posts by Lyn McSweeney Visit Lyn McSweeney's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version