and Silas what must he do to be saved, they replied
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be
saved..." Acts 16 v 31.   

Werner Woop

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06/04/2014 at 4:13am | IP Logged Quote Werner Woop

John 14:15:

If you love me, keep my commandments.

John 15 12 “This is my commandment: that you love one another as I have loved you.

13 No one shows * greater love than when he lays down his life for his friends.

14 You are my friends if you do what I command you.

Pursuing the Goal

Phil. 3, 12-15

12 It's not that I have already reached this goal or have already become perfect. But I keep pursuing it, hoping somehow to embrace it just as I have been embraced by Christ Jesus.

13 Brothers, I do not consider myself to have embraced it. * But this one thing I do: Forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,

14 I keep pursuing the goal to win the prize * of God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus.

15 Therefore, those of us who are mature * should think this way. And if you think differently about anything, God will show you how to think. *

2. Peter 1, 5-12

5 For this very reason, you must make every effort to supplement your faith with moral character, your moral character with knowledge,

6 your knowledge with self-control, your self-control with endurance, your endurance with godliness,

7 your godliness with brotherly kindness, and your brotherly kindness with love.

8 For if you possess these qualities, and if they continue to increase among you, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in attaining a full knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 For the person who lacks these qualities is blind and shortsighted, and has forgotten the cleansing that he has received from his past sins.

10 So then, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election certain, for if you keep on doing this you will never fail.

11 For in this way you will be generously granted entry into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Titus 1:16:

They claim to know God, but they deny him by their actions. They are detestable, disobedient, and disqualified to do anything good. (ISV)

ENDEAVOR

1 Strongs 4704: spoudazo

"to make haste, to be zealous," and hence, "to be diligent," is rendered "endeavoring" in Eph. 4:3, AV; RV, "giving diligence."

In 2Pet. 1:15, AV, "endeavor," RV, "give diligence." Both have "endeavored" in 1Thess. 2:17. See DILIGENCE.

Strongs 2212: zeteo

"to seek after," is translated "endeavor" in Acts 16:10, AV, RV, "sought." See ABOUT (to be), DESIRE, INQUIRE, SEEK.

11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all people.

12 It trains us to renounce ungodly living and worldly passions so that we might live sensible, honest, and godly lives in the present world

GODś Grace will work together with our will, so that we learn to submit daily to HIS WILL!

God bless you

View Werner Woop's Profile Search for other posts by Werner Woop
Werner Woop

Posted: 06/04/2014 at 4:44am | IP Logged Quote Werner Woop

Bringing in all zeal or effort!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------ ----

SELF-DECEPTION

Jas 1:22 Now continue becoming doers of [the] word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Jas 1:23 Because if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, this one has been likened to a man observing his natural face in a mirror,

Jas 1:24 for he observed himself and has gone away, and immediately he forgot what kind of [person] he was.

Jas 1:25 But the one having looked into [the] perfect law, the [ law] of liberty, and having continued [in it], this one-not having become a forgetful hearer _but_ a doer of work-this one will be happy in his doing.

Many at the present are believers in Jesus Christ. However the most follow HIM not in their practical life. They use „cheap grace".

Tit 2:11 For the saving grace of God was revealed to all people,

Tit 2:12 teaching us that having denied impiety [or, ungodliness] and worldly desires, we shall live soberly [or, sensibly] and righteously and in a godly manner in the present age,

They have not changed in their character.

They are equally egoistic like the godless persons.

They live to the desires of the world and are consequently enemies of the cross (God).

Php 2:20 For I have no one with the same attitude, who will be genuinely concerned about the [things] concerning you* [fig. your* circumstances].

Php 2:21 For they all seek the [things] of themselves [fig., their own interests], not the [things] of Christ Jesus.

Php 3:18 For many walk about [fig., conduct themselves] of whom frequently I was speaking to you*, but now also weeping I speak [of] the enemies of the cross of Christ,

They live in self-deception!!

God wants submission to HIS WILL and the fruits of the Holy Ghost like Jesus showed in HIS life on earth.

His life was always dependency to the WILL OF HIS FATHER!

He did never anything what was no thought from the Father.

He was really showing the normal life of the new Adam.

He was revealing the heart of the Father on earth!

„Consider that humility is a mantle that My people must wear and it is the sign of submission to My will.

But, it comes with a great price, for true humility is born out of adversity and complete reliance on My help in times of trouble. (M. Burns 05 26 2008)"

So God will see the same attitudes in the life of his children like Jesus showed.

This requires much! Our whole life!

Humility shows the real submission to HIS WILL!

There is no seeking of honor by people.

There is much AGAPE-LOVE and interest in the life of the next-one.

There is a conduct to learn from each other.

There is a great wish to see the next one established in the character of Christ.

The greatest lie in christianity is brought from the devil:

YOU MUST ONLY BELIEVE!

YOU MUST NOT STRIVE WITH YOUR OWN POWER!

You must only say yes to all the truth in the scripture and believe, that Jesus Christ is the SON OF GOD!

But the devils believe this also! (James 2,19)

The real beginning of believing in Christ is the wish to follow HIM in all areas of life.

That needs to bring in a great passion to explore after the will of God in the bible.

Together with Jesus himself we shall learn to walk in HIS FOOTSTEPS in every situation in our life.

1Pe 2:21 Because, for this [reason] you* were called, because Christ also suffered on our behalf, leaving behind an example for you*, so that you* should follow in His footsteps,

Barnes: 2. Peter 1,5

Giving all diligence - Greek, „Bringing in all zeal or effort." The meaning is, that we ought to make this a distinct and definite object, and to apply ourselves to it as a thing to be accomplished.

4710 spoudh spoude spoo-day‘

from 4692; TDNT-7:559,1069; n f

AV-diligence 5, haste 2, business 1, care 1, forwardness 1, earnest care 1, carefulness 1; 12

1) haste, with haste

2) earnestness, diligence

2a) earnestness in accomplishing, promoting, or striving after anything

2b) to give all diligence, interest one‘s self most earnestly

We must give all what we have before the grace of God through the Holy Ghost is accompanying us in every way and situation.

If we do not act upon all commandments written in the bible, the Holy Spirit can do nothing.

He can give us the gifts of the spirit, but he cannot give us the fruits of the spirit, which is the Character of Christ.

Only in taking up the cross and fleeing our own agendas God can work in our hearts and chang our minds and thoughts.

Having spiritual gifts do change nothing!

There is no automatic change by the gifts of the spirit!

The Holy Spirit can only fulfill people, which are emptied out by their self-will through the daily crucifixion.

Many are waiting now for the fulfilling of the great prophecies from the last years.

They have never searched for the practical changes in their lives.

They chased only after the marmalade from the bread, but not after eating the bread (to pay the whole price with their life)!

They will have the blessings, but not the daily cross.

They follow Jesus only in HIS promises, but have never learned brotherly love!

Many wish to be seen through their actions by the people, but God is far away from their hearts.

2. Cor. 10 18

For not the (one) himself commending, that one is approved, but whom the Lord commends!

The way of Jesus on earth was THE WAY OF SUFFERING!

WITHOUT SUFFERING NO ONE CAN FOLLOW JESUS!

There is a MUST to come through the entrance of the Kingdom of God!

2Pe 1:10 For this reason, rather, brothers [and sisters], be eager [or, diligent] to be making certain His calling and choice [or, election] of you*, for these [things] doing, you* shall by no means stumble at any time.

2Pe 1:11 For in this way, the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be richly supplied to you*.

These following virtues are helping to be not shortsighted!

2Pe 1:5 But also [for] this very [reason], having applied all diligence, provide with your* faith moral excellence, and with moral excellence knowledge,

2Pe 1:6 and with knowledge self-control, and with self-control patient endurance, and with patient endurance godliness,

2Pe 1:7 and with godliness brotherly kindness [fig., affection for fellow-believers], and with brotherly kindness love.

2Pe 1:8 For [if] these [qualities] belong to you* and [are] abounding [or, increasing], it makes [you*] neither useless nor unfruitful in regard to the full [or, true] knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Pe 1:9 For [the one] with whom these [qualities] are not present is blind, being shortsighted, having become forgetful of the cleansing [or, purgation] of his former sins.

BRINGING IN:

DILIGENCE

FAITH

VIRTUE (MORAL EXCELLENCE)

KNOWLEDGE

PATIENT (SELF-CONTROL)

ENDURANCE

GODLINESS (PIETY)

BROTHERLY KINDNESS (FRIENDSHIP)

LOVE

These VIRTUES show the foundation for the entrance of the Kingdom of God.

Are you longing after these fruits of the spirit through obedience?

2Pe 1:4 through which the most precious and great promises have been given to us, so that through these you* shall become participants of a divine nature [or, sharers in [the] divine nature], having escaped from the corruption [that is] in [the] world by lust.

Joh 13:34 "A new commandment I give to you*, that you* shall be loving one another just as I loved you*, that you* also shall be loving one another.

Joh 13:35 By this will all know that you* are My disciples, if you* shall be having love for one another."

TO LOVE JESUS REALLY MEANS:

TO OBEY HIM!

Edited by Werner Woop on 06/04/2014 at 4:45am
Werner Woop

Posted: 06/07/2014 at 4:00am | IP Logged Quote Werner Woop

Who Do You Say That I Am?

Olivia Long

June 6, 2001

"And He asked them, But who do you yourselves say that I am? Peter replied to Him, You are the Christ [the Messiah, the Anointed One]." Mark 8:29

Whether you be Jew or Gentile, you know Me.

BUT who do you say that I am?

Do you say that I am a prophet, a teacher, a carpenter, a man, a preacher, a rabbi, a physician or a healer?

Do you call me Lord and Savior - Yahshuah ... OR do you call me the Christ, the Messiah, the Anointed One?

When I walked this earth, some saw me as John the Baptist, coming to preach repentance.

Some saw me as Elijah, when I had the victory over Satan.

Some saw Me as a prophet - of driving out demons, of healing the sick and raising the dead.

Some knew I "was of God" but yet, they did not fully comprehend who I really was and am!

Who do YOU say that I am?

I asked My disciples, men who had committed their lives to follow me, who "people" said I was.

Then I asked My disciples who "they" thought I was.

My disciple, Peter, said: "You are the Christ, the Messiah, the Anointed One."

Do you believe that I AM THE CHRIST, the MESSIAH, the ANOINTED ONE?

For I AM the CHRIST, GOD HIMSELF.

BELOVED, when you see Me, you see the Father.

While I walked the earth, many miracles were seen.

I walked on water, I raised Lazarus from the tomb, but the greatest miracle that I performed, then- as I do now, was changing sinners into people of GOD.

Saul was a murderer, and I changed him into the "greatest of missionaries."

Peter was a fisherman, changed into a great apostle.

Have you truly received My greatest miracle, have I changed you, desiring to be in My likeness?

I have desired you to be My disciples, but to do this, you "must" deny yourself - taking up your cross - and follow Me.

You "must" deny your sinful nature, for you cannot desire the pleasures of the flesh, the world - and be denying your sinful nature.

How do you deny those desires?

By obeying My Word!!!

Not your will, but MY WILL be done.

To be My disciple, you must take up your cross.

Are you in service to Me?

Then bear your cross. Giving all that you've got, to follow Me.

For "WHATEVER YOU FOLLOW, DECIDES YOUR COURSE."

But be assured, My Beloved, WHATEVER ... you have given up to follow Me ... I LOVE YOU, and it is MY DESIRE TO BLESS YOU, BOTH IN THIS LIFE AND THE LIFE TO COME.

I hate sin, but I have given free will to choose to obey or not to obey Me, but you have to accept the consequences of your choice.

Obedience is the key.

The world " lies " to you, saying you have the right to do whatever you want to do.

Haven't I said that if you love Me, you will keep My commandments?

THERE ARE NO EXCUSES, for I have given you the power to "overcome sin and 'every' temptation."

I have placed your feet on a path that leads to life.

Do you seek to continue on that path, to the place I have prepared for you?

For it is not burdensome on this path, because I have given you My Holy Spirit to dwell in your heart, so that you will always be close to Me.

Beloved, you CANNOT follow the world and also follow Me, for you must seek MY lifestyle and MY character.

Being MY disciple, losing your life for Me and the gospel.

Crucifying the sinful nature, so that it is not you that lives, but Me in you.

Being My disciple is not easy, for you will find pressures from those around you, even your peers and you " WILL " find persecution.

BUT, HAVEN'T I PROMISED YOU REWARD WITH MY GLORY?

Do you believe that I AM eternal, all powerful, all knowing, that I knew you when you were conceived in your mother's womb?

That I knew you even before creation?

That I have a plan for your life, and that I will reveal it step by step and that My promises to you WILL come to pass?

Am I the CHRIST, THE MESSIAH, THE ANOINTED ONE in your life?

WHO DO "YOU" SAY THAT I AM?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version