Subject Topic: This photo says it all Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
JaneGreenstein

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03/02/2016 at 4:57am | IP Logged Quote JaneGreenstein

SuzanneLachapel

Posted: 03/02/2016 at 5:40am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneLachapel

A timely message for the times we are in for sure. In a dream yesterday I saw a very dark tornado in the distance. (Hearing: "It is".) People on a boat in blue waters were told by the captain that a tornado was coming. The boat was redirected to shore, the people walked inland and up a rock. They took shelter in the basement of a large church with very high ceilings - like a cathedral. It was a safe place. The church symbolizes the Lord Jesus Christ who is the Head of it. The people inside are people who obediently abide in Him and His Word. He is the Rock and a sure foundation during times of trouble. And all this was made possible through the Cross. Praise the Lord.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall ENTER into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Edited by SuzanneLachapel on 03/02/2016 at 5:51am
View SuzanneLachapel's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneLachapel
Rose Cooper

Posted: 03/02/2016 at 5:54am | IP Logged Quote Rose Cooper

No-one is more in favour of signs and wonders than me. Genuine ones.

Here's my issue - an electricity pole is that shape anyway - no-one goes .... 'ooh sign of the cross' when they are
attached to the ground. This pole was snapped off some way down its length and left suspended by the wires it
previously was supporting during a tornado. I assume this isn't the only damage caused by the tornado and there
were no other miraculous events associated with it - otherwise we would be hearing about those. So how is this any
sign of anything? It didn't save anyone from the tornado - in fact the converse is true - it was created by the
tornado and I don't see anyone beneath it bowed down in awe and wonder. So how can this be God when it was created
by a destructive force of nature that has left nothing positive in its wake? Including that pole which is going to cost
the city in question money to repair. I believe that when God does things as a sign and a wonder they are positive
and have positive effects.

My question is always - why don't people pray? Where is their faith? If there is drought - pray for rain. If there
is a fire - pray for it to go out. If there is danger - pray for safety. If there is a hurricane pray for the low
pressure system fueling it to be dissipated. If there is a tornado pray for it to be weakened and lose its power.
IF you have prophetic warning about any disaster natural or man-made - you are being warned it so you pray about it
and avert it!

So warm up your faith and get your praying muscles exercised!

Edited by Rose Cooper on 03/02/2016 at 6:03am
View Rose Cooper's Profile Search for other posts by Rose Cooper
SuzanneLachapel

Posted: 03/02/2016 at 6:42am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneLachapel

Different perceptions for different people Rose. I see the cross in this pic as a symbol that many are refusing to come to for salvation. It is ridiculed and it is mocked. The enemy does not want people to come to the saving grace of the Lord's cross. But there is hope even in times of darkness, in destruction, in war, for those who will see and discern. Once the meaning of the cross is accepted and believed by a people gone astray and still under the curse, the Cross will assume its rightful illuminating Light.

Edited by SuzanneLachapel on 03/02/2016 at 7:02am
Rose Cooper

Posted: 03/02/2016 at 6:49am | IP Logged Quote Rose Cooper

God has been known to even use a donkey to speak to someone. He will use anything to get a message to a specific person. He's spoken to me through
countless different things - but I don't put them on the news claiming that they are a 'sign from God'. The derision from unbelievers is a given,
but we do not have to give them reasons to deride us and God by being foolish ourselves. God doesn't need our help to make up signs and wonders on
His behalf and it does not bring glory to God when we do.

If that electricity pole was used by God to speak to the teenager who took the photo - absolutely fantastic I genuinely hope they were deeply
touched and heard what they needed to hear - but God using the pole to speak to them is not a sign from God in the wider sense that it is being
claimed on that news report.
View Rose Cooper's Profile Search for other posts by Rose Cooper
JaneGreenstein

Posted: 03/02/2016 at 6:52am | IP Logged Quote JaneGreenstein

It's all symbolism to me, breaking the power of the "powers that be" and raising up the cross.  To me it's not a warning about a disaster but a sign of WHO is in charge.

SuzanneLachapel

Posted: 03/09/2016 at 4:26pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneLachapel

Storm Rages in Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Residents Urged to 'Act Quickly'

Flash-flood and severe weather warnings were in effect for a broad swath of the southern U.S. on Wednesday as the deadly storm that slammed the region this week churned on.

The National Weather Service warned Americans living in parts of Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas to "act quickly to protect your life," as the slow-moving weather system refused to budge and threatened to dump up to a foot of rain.

At least one person has been killed since the storm moved over Mexico border Monday night. The relentless storm system has spawned tornadoes, high winds and thousands of lightning strikes across the southern U.S.

There were at least two EF1-category tornadoes on Tuesday in Texas. Several structures were damaged in Cool, about 40 miles west of Fort Worth. The second hit Stephenville, around 60 miles southwest of the city.

While unconfirmed by the NWS, a third possible tornado near Tolar caused the most damage, destroying six mobile homes and injuring two people in the town southwest of Fort Worth.

Move to higher ground now! Act quickly to protect your life," the NWS said in its alert for these areas. "If you encounter flooded roads, turn around. Don't drown! Most flood deaths occur in vehicles."

Louisiana was already seeing severe flooding on roadways early Wednesday. Up to four feet of water was reported east of Shreveport in Minden, according to the local NWS station early Wednesday. Further east in Arcadia, water was reportedly coming into homes and businesses, while roads were closed across the parish.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/storm-rages-texas-louisi ana-arkansas-residents-urged-act-quickly-n534661

Edited by SuzanneLachapel on 03/09/2016 at 6:17pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version