Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: The Pilgrimgram: Prophetic Feelers Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Dorris Coulson

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09/01/2016 at 3:14pm | IP Logged Quote Dorris Coulson

Excellent read, pictures didn't show up but if you go to the site you can see more.

Some people experience God in pictures or visions (seers); others in dreams (dreamers). Some experience God by hearing things (hearers, I suppose). Those are all relatively easy to describe to others: I heard this, I saw that.... These men and women are often great communicators.

Some folks experience God and the Spiritual realm through their feelings, including their emotions (feelers). My experience has been that these folks often experience more of the heart of God than the more socially acceptable seers and hearers. They often perceive more deeply and sometimes more accurately, but have more difficulty translating the revelatory experience into language, and therefore, their revelations are less often received and understood by the body as a whole.

Our language has difficulty handling feelings well, partly because our culture doesn't respect taking responsibility for our feelings.

Folks that experience God in ways that are easy to describe (these are the seers, the hearers, the dreamers) have a much easier time talking about the revelation they receive. Because they “fit in” better, they also do better in schools and seminaries.

So they become the pastors and teachers, the leaders of the congregations and communities. And because as a culture, we’ve delegated responsibility for the state of our soul to the leaders of the church, they have also become the standard for how God’s children receive revelation from their father. We can describe them either in spiritual terms (seers and hearers) or in educational terms (left-brained, or academics).

As a result, we have a church that is led by academics and left-brain leaders. I have no complaint against that fact, except this: the churches they lead are not made up only of academic, left-brained people, even though their sermons and classes are primarily academic, left-brained lessons.

In fact, our seminaries and Bible schools, even our public schools, hardly legitimize such emotive people, and so the leaders and peers which they turn out don’t understand, and often don’t acknowledge the presence and the legitimacy of the feelers among us, of our creative and imaginative brothers and sisters.

Our church leaders are generally left unable to train feelers, people who interact with both the spiritual realm and the natural realm by way of their feelings. And so we are unable to pastor or lead the feelers among us with competence, seeing them instead, through the eyes of academia, as people who need us to fix them.

Most of the resources for the left-brain, logical prophetic folks don't fit real well for the right-brained creative, for the prophetic feeler folk. Much of our basic discipleship training is in academic vocabulary, leaving the feelers among us less capably discipled than we believed, and therefore more vulnerable to the ravages of the war that we are engaged in.

I grieve for my brothers & sisters that we’ve disrespected and wounded. I’m thankful that God is addressing these disparities and bringing them back into alignment.

For now, I’m not offering brilliant solutions for how to solve the problem of equipping our under-equipped family. For now, I’m merely suggesting that we acknowledge them, that we listen to them, that we give them time to translate their revelations into words, and that we take those words as seriously as we take the visions and the dreams.

We have a ways to go, but we’re on the way. I look forward to our continued growth together.
From

The Pilgrimgram: Prophetic Feelers

I am going through a season in which I receive both visions and dreams but I also am right-brained too ;) Not meaning to contradict, but interested

pilgrimgram.com

View Dorris Coulson's Profile Search for other posts by Dorris Coulson
Dorris Coulson

Posted: 09/01/2016 at 3:49pm | IP Logged Quote Dorris Coulson

The Pilgrimgram: Prophetic Feelers

www.pilgrimgram.com/2014/03/prophetic-feelers.html

View Dorris Coulson's Profile Search for other posts by Dorris Coulson
Liv Helmore

Posted: 09/01/2016 at 7:09pm | IP Logged Quote Liv Helmore

thanks for sharing this sister