Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: MARTHA MARTHA Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
SuzanneLachapel

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 12/12/2016 at 1:30pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneLachapel

In real life I am observing a woman who is overly busy getting ready to receive company. Suddenly, I hear a Voice clearly and softly calling her “MARTHA”. But her real name is not Martha.

INTERPRETATION:

This scenario, without doubt, points to the story of Mary and Martha. As the story recounts, Martha was concerned and troubled about getting details ready for entertaining Jesus and guests whereas Mary quietly sat at His feet. When Martha complained to the Lord about her sister not helping her, He replied that Mary had, unlike her, chosen the better part. And that part would never be taken away from her.

Sitting at the feet of Jesus was an act of submission that signified Mary’s readiness to receive His Word, a Word that was consequently planted in the fertile soil of her heart and never to be taken away. And even though Martha was a true Believer and the Lord loved her, she sorely missed a very special opportunity to receive a personal Word from Him. Scriptures clearly convey that the Lord would have preferred that she had kept details of the table simple so that she too could have partaken of the life-giving Bread of Heaven.

Whatever the season, whatever the reasons and whoever the guests may be, do not risk missing quiet time with the Lord and time to read, study and receive revelations of His Word. The material things that we busily avail ourselves with in this life will be taken away one day but the Word of the Lord engraved in one's heart is eternal

Related Verses:

Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her. (Lk. 10:38-42)

The church is called to quietly sit at the feet of Jesus to Hear and Receive His Word.

Keep the Faith,

Edited by SuzanneLachapel on 12/13/2016 at 5:10am
View SuzanneLachapel's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneLachapel

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version