Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

KINGDOM/APOSTOLIC Transformation & Reformation ARTICLES & Discussion
OpenHeaven.com Forum : KINGDOM/APOSTOLIC Transformation & Reformation ARTICLES & Discussion
Subject Topic: How Does God’s Kingdom Come? - Terry Somerville Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04/06/2008 at 6:16pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

How Does God's Kingdom Come? 

Terry Somerville

1. The Kingdom of God comes as the saints pray

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Matthew 6:10 

2. The Kingdom of God comes as the saints prepare the way.

For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah when he said, "The voice of one crying in the wilderness:  Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight."
 Matthew 3:4 

3.  Repentance and  righteousness  is required to prepare the  way for the Kingdom.

In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judea,  "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."  .....  when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bear fruit that befits repentance,
 Matthew  3:1,2,7,8

4  Reconciliation is required to prepare the way for the Kingdom.

And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children     to their fathers, lest I come and smite the land with a curse.”
Malachi 3: 6 

5.   God looks for the fruit of the Kingdom in those who receive it.     

Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation producing the fruits of it."
 Matthew 21:43

For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
 Matthew 5:20 

6 The Kingdom of God is given and taken from nations.

Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation producing the fruits of it."
 Matthew 21:43

7.  When The Kingdom of God comes upheaval and judgment occur.

Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees; every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. "I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.  His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the granary, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire."
Matthew 3: 10-12

8.  The Kingdom of God can be missed, and destruction replace it.

And when he drew near and saw the city he wept over it, saying, "Would that even today you knew the things that make for peace! But now they are hid from your eyes.  For the days shall come upon you, when your enemies will cast up a bank about you and surround you, and hem you in on every side,  and dash you to the ground, you and your children within you, and they will not leave one stone upon another in you; because you did not know the time of your visitation."
Luke 19:41-44

9   Receiving the Kingdom of Heaven requires violent breakthroughs and perseverance

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and men of violence take it by force.
Matthew 11:12 

What The Kingdom Is Not

1. The Kingdom Is Not Someone Teaching About The Kingdom
Don't mistake the announcement of the Kingdom for actually entering it. John the baptist compared himself announcing the Kingdom with Christ..

He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is of the earth, and of the earth he speaketh: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
John 3:31

2. The Kingdom Is Not About Following An Apostle

False apostles say you must follow and support them to be in the Kingdom.  However, the Kingdom is about following Jesus.  Those who Christ genuinely sends point to Him and diminish themselves.

I will not be a burden to you: for I seek not yours, but you: for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.
2 Corinthians 12:14

3. The Kingdom Is Not About Big Churches

Big institutions and buildings obscure the Kingdom, and have more to do with man building up than God coming down. The temple God actually occupies is the human heart.  The Jews only saw the building and missed the reality.

Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.  The Jews therefore said, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou raise it up in three days?  But he spake of the temple of his body.
John 2:19-21

4.  The Kingdom Is Not About Wisdom and Knowledge

The Kingdom is entered by child like faith not complex theology. Conform your heart to him and your head will take care of itself!

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall in no wise enter therein.
(Mark 10:15)

5. The Kingdom Of God Is Not About  Blessings
Many seek the Kingdom for material gain. Impossible!  The rich young ruler could not enter because of his love of money. The Kingdom is not materialism, it is contentment in God.

And Jesus said unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, It is hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:23

6. The Kingdom Is Not About Man's Abilities, Activities, or Accomplishments
The Kingdom of God is not legalism, it's about the love of God and walking in the Spirit. It's not what we do, but what He is doing in us and through us.

for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.  For he that herein serveth Christ is well-pleasing to God, and approved of men.
Romans 14:17,18
View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version