RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: How To Raise The Dead Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Kerry Slattery

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06/01/2008 at 12:19pm | IP Logged Quote Kerry Slattery

How to Raise the Dead

Overcoming Life Threatening Scenarios

The first part of this article covers some of the practical issues related to How to Raise the Dead, the second part, Overcoming Life Threatening Scenarios. The third part covers: The Scriptural Basis for Raising the Dead.

This article is written to Mark 16:15-20 BELIEVERS only.

If it is already in your heart as a disciple of Jesus to glorify Him by doing the works that He did and even greater works as He

prophesied (John 14:12-14), then you are ready to raise the dead if he positions you to do so:

"The truth is, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater

works, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my name, and I will

do it, because the work of the Son brings glory to the Father. Yes, ask anything in my name, and I

will do it!

Matt. 10:7-8

And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the

lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

This is the first practical step that must be accomplished: ACTS 2:38 - you have eagerly and

sincerely obeyed the Essential Gospel: Repent, Be Baptized, Receive the Holy Spirit (with

signs evidenced) - you are living Acts 2:38-47. You are full of the Holy Spirit, you are full of the

Fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-24), you are full of the love of God and you speak in tongues and

operate in the gifts of the Spirit (1Cor. 12-14). You are a Spirit filled, Spirit led disciple and you

are trusting God to be in the details of your daily walk. You are expectant and ready to be used

by God, anytime, any place, and in any situation you encounter - your ear (spirit) is listening to

the Spirit. You study the Word and you know the principles and parameters of the works of the

Spirit and expect to see the Word come alive in your daily experience. You are ready to raise the

dead.

WHY RAISE THE DEAD? To glorify Jesus Christ, to do His work, to accomplish His

purposes, to establish the Kingdom of God, to demonstrate the wisdom of God to the

principalities and powers and to defeat them (Eph. 3:10), to overcome and undo the works of

darkness and to fulfill the Word of God and all righteousness. Raising the Dead has powerful

repercussions throughout the earth and the 2nd and 3rd heavens. May I put it in street language? To

stick it in the face of Satan.- he was supremely defeated in crucifying the Lord of the

Resurrection! And now, those “christians” (little christs) are multiplying Jesus’s presence and

ministry and works and glory throughout the earth.

NOBODY ON EARTH DIES UNLESS THE LORD ORDAINS IT OR ALLOWS IT

Ordains it as in: “numbers their days” -determines the day and time and manner of their death

and the reasons why it is appropriate. Allows it as in: “free will choice and consequence” where

the person could have lived longer or should have lived longer or for some divine purpose such

as demonstrating the power of God (for example: where the person would be raised and restored

to life and health). Men have accidents, God does not. God is good, God is sovereign. In the end,

no one will judge God’s plans, purposes and ways! Believers must be absolutely humble and

confident in obeying and trusting God and seeking His will and wisdom in all the affairs of this

life.

Exodus 23:25-26 “And ye shall serve Jehovah your God, and he will bless thy bread, and thy

water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. There shall none cast her young, nor

be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfill.”

Psalm 139:16 “You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book

Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. Read the whole Psalm regarding

God’s sovereign investment in you and your life.

WHO SHOULD BE RAISED? Only those whom the Spirit determines. God determines the

maximum number of our days. He also allows us free will and thus some people die before their

time due to various reasons including: their sin, the sin of others, personal choice/request,

demonic attack, “accident” or foolishness, etc. When most people die, it is their appointed time

regardless of the apparent circumstances -this is final and irrevocable. When some people die,

God chooses to intervene for His good purposes. That’s where you find yourself on the scene and

the Spirit activates you to take action to Raise the Dead. “The Lord is not slack concerning his

promise, - but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9. God knows who are His and who are appointed to eternal life

because given time, they will repent and obey the Gospel. If God calls you to raise an unbeliever to life again, it may be for this reason. If God calls you to raise a believer, it is because they have

not completed the “number of their days”.

We must be absolutely convinced of the sovereignty, wisdom and goodness of God in the matters

of life and in death. Faith does not question God - faith seeks the mind of the Father. Father what

is your will on earth here in this situation? Your Kingdom come, Your will be done! Just speak

the word, “I will do it, it will be done”! Remember the faith of the gentile Centurion that amazed

Jesus ? “I am a man under authority........(speaking to Jesus)...just speak the Word and it will be

done!” If you are under the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ and you ask and He gives you the

WORD, it will be done -the dead person will be raised! Spiritual principle: be a disciple under

the authority of the Lord Jesus - obey His commands - and you will be given authority! Our

number one concern must be to hear and act only according to God’s will!

Note: Sometimes if the deceased person is a believer, who dies before their appointed time, they

are given the choice as to whether or not they want to return and “live out” the rest of their

ordained days. No one who has been to heaven or has talked face to face with Jesus, normally

prefers to return to their body and life on earth. On the other hand, God allows some people

choice in this matter - sometimes that person is not given the choice but is sent back to fulfill

their destiny in Christ. Sometimes the deceased is a person of real faith and desires to serve and

glorify Jesus in the struggles of their life. They may have children to finish raising, loved ones

they want to live out their lives with, a ministry vision unfulfilled, etc. Others often have given

up on this life and prefer to be with the Lord. Often this involves long term suffering and

spiritual disappointments and failures. Many times such a one may revive only to make it clear

that they do not want to continue on and their choice is to go home. In such a case, we need to

release them and bless them - if they die again, it’s over. I personally think such a person is

forfeiting eternal rewards when they could finish out their ordained days in faith and service to

the Lord.

The case of King Hezekiah’s near death and restoration in Isa. 38 on, should give us a warning

about not demanding our own will being done but rather wanting the Lord’s will being done

regarding the number of our days and who should be healed or raised from the dead. The case

could be made that Hezekiah’s tantrum and pleading for a longer life was a mistake. The Lord

granted his “will” and that although for the most part, his extra 15 years were lived faithfully, he

made strategic errors and also fathered the most evil King to ever serve over Israel: Manasseh.

One can only speculate, but the principle is revealed in the Lord’s prayer, Lord please have your

way!: “Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven”.

Note: God has the right to act in any situation or manner to raise someone, with or without our

intercession, prayers or pleadings, actions or involvement - and He does!

Who Was Raised from the Dead in the Bible? The 10 Incidents!

A Widow's Son 1Kings 17:17-24 Shunammite Woman's Son 2Kings 4:32-37 Man who

Touched Elisha's Bones 2Kings 13:20-21

Son of a Widow Luke 7:11-15 Jairus' Daughter Luke 8:41-42, 49-55 Lazarus John 11:1-44

Many Holy People raised after Jesus Resurrection Matt. 27:52-53 Jesus Matt. 28:1-8

Tabitha Acts 9:36-43 Eutychus Acts 20:9-10

WHEN? You need to always ask the Spirit why am I here in the midst of this situation, what is

your purpose in me being right here and now on the scene? (This applies to everyday meetings,

conversations, everyday life situations, special occasions, emergencies, tragedies, etc.) If you

find yourself on the immediate scene of a death or the Spirit tells you to go/be somewhere and

you are faced with a dead person -why are you there? What is God’s purpose? ASK! Am I here

to comfort the grieving or am I here to raise the dead person? Pray in tongues (the Spirit) and

LISTEN! If you hear No!; if you get the inner witness that this is final and the day of death for

that person; if all circumstances align themselves to close the door for any intervention; then ask

what you are to do for those at the scene and the family and friends and for intercession for those

who will attend the funeral (salvation opportunity, etc.). If you find yourself unclear about this

and your spirit is activated and incensed at the death, then proceed to pray earnestly for that

person to be raised, asking the Father - travail in prayer until you get the inner witness answer to

act with authority to command the person’s return to life or your spirit finds peace and

acceptance of God’s plan and purpose in the death.

John 11:1-44 Jesus raises Lazarus -Pay attention to this passage as it shows that the Father

utilized the death of Lazarus to challenge and teach (us) Martha and Mary! Look at Jesus’s

dialogue trying to draw out their confession of faith in Him. He was looking for the NOW

FAITH, not the FUTURE FAITH! Yes, Martha believed that Jesus was the resurrection -in the

future! Good! But Jesus was trying to draw NOW FAITH out of her! She had faith for Jesus to

have healed Lazarus, but now that he was dead 4 days, she did not have resurrection now faith

-she had no NOW hope or faith. Pay special attention to what was happening in Jesus’s spirit and

soul in vs. 33-38. Jesus was moved with indignation and was deeply troubled - again Jesus

was deeply troubled......Jesus WEPT! He was troubled by a number of things: Martha and

Mary’s lack of NOW faith, their (and the other people’s) grieving and despair and pain, at “the

last enemy” Death and it’s sting and stink and corruption! Jesus loved and had compassion

for them but, He only took action because He knew the plan and will of the Father in advance.

That’s why he deliberately waited before going to Bethany.

Note: If you find yourself inflamed with this same passionate anger and indignation at the death

scenario you find yourself witness to, weigh in with fervent prayer and expectation seeking the

Father’s permission and direction -you glorify Jesus when you are “straining at the bit” ready to

act in faith! If in the face of a death, you find an inner sense of calm and quiet and acceptance of

sovereign finality, you are not being activated by the Spirit to raise that person. This is not a faith

ego trip. It is a sincere and humble opportunity to glorify your resurrected Lord. This no time for

bravado - it is fear of the Lord time.

HOW CAN I DO IT? There are several scriptural examples cited below showing possible

parameters and means. I think we should focus on the New Testament examples primarily. All

the works of Jesus were done through His Spirit Baptism and obedience to the Father’s

instruction. Jesus sought His father’s instruction daily and only did what the Father showed Him

to do. We have the very same Spirit Baptism and anointing and can receive the same instruction

and direction from our Father in advance by prayer, by praying in the Spirit (tongues) on the

spot, or by having scripture Rhema (a scripture becomes energized and alive springing into our

spirit). It is entirely possible that the Spirit may lead you to re-enact some particular method

shown in scripture.

Strangely, urgency is not an issue - after all the person is dead, the clock is not running. The issue

is hearing from the Spirit and simply acting accordingly, and if we do act in obedience, the

person will indeed be raised. We are acting to carry out God’s express will on earth as it is in

heaven in this situation. We are His anointed agent of Salvation - it is His power, it is His work, it

is done in honor of Jesus Christ the Resurrection.

It is convenient timing wise, to raise someone before they are hauled away by medics and placed

in a morgue or mortuary, where it is more difficult to get access and where the system “enforces”

the death (it’s their job you know). In that scenario, you need family approval and support to

access the body and this can be a major hindrance. Families are determined to grieve and not

believe, they close ranks, especially when it comes to an unexpected death. Outsiders (someone

who came on the scene) are excluded and not wanted in the circle of grief. Jesus faced immediate

scorn and mockery from family, friends and onlookers when He approached the dead person to

raise them. You must be willing to face this and plow through the interference, staying focused

on the Spirit’s mandate.

SOME PRACTICAL CONSIDERATIONS. We have been given (delegated by Supreme

Authority) the NAME! We are, in obedience to the Spirit, to use the NAME to do all the works

of Jesus: preach, teach, work gifts, heal, cast-out demons, do signs-wonders-miracles. We pray

for direction, we act in authority using the NAME to accomplish these. If you want results, obey

the example of Jesus: SPEAK TO THE SITUATION in His authority!

Note: Think about THE NAME! What is in that precious name: Jesus (the) Christ? Satan

knows full well what is in that name and he will do anything he can to keep you from believing

in that NAME, speaking in or under the authority of that NAME, being in the NAME (living in

Christ), and acting in that NAME! Consider how Satan, using the unbelieving Sanhedrin,

arrested and tried to intimidate Peter and John: “By what POWER or by what NAME have you

done this (healed a lame man)?” Peter being full of the Holy Spirit then intimidated them

answering “by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, who you crucified, whom God raised from

the dead....!” Satan’s last gasp attempt in that encounter was: “they (Satan) commanded them to

SPEAK to no man in this NAME” Acts 4:1-20. Will you or won’t you SPEAK the NAME? If

you will be in the NAME (live in the Spirit of Christ), you will speak the NAME and the sick

will be healed, the demons will be cast out, the dead will be raised!

Examples: Speaking out LOUDLY* in a firm voice:

IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST,

<person’s name>, I command you to return to your body, I command you to live, I

command you to arise - wake up! I Bind and cast out the SPIRIT OF DEATH! (Bind and

cast out any other discerned demonic spirits that are manifesting themselves on the scene

and environment! examples: Trauma? Suicide? Murder? Hate? Fear? Unbelief?) If you are

on the scene of an imminent death, it is appropriate to command that person to “stay in

their body” while you intercede and seek God’s will and direction. “LIVE!” “STAY

ALIVE!” IN THE NAME! Rebuke and forbid death! Command LIFE and normal life

functions, forbid shock, command the heart to beat normally, command normal breathing

and body function in the NAME! Engage and Command the victim (by name if known) to

stay conscious and to call on the NAME for help, healing, life and salvation! Get the victim

in agreement with you! Command onlookers to get in agreement with you and echo your

authoritative commands -this can help eliminate interference and unbelief. Life and death

situations can bring repentance and prayers and a desire to be saved in onlookers. We have

the authority to command all people everywhere to repent and obey the Gospel!

“God......now commands all men everywhere to repent....” “Repent therefore and be

converted, that your sins be blotted out” Acts 17:30, 3:19 People who are in agony of death

or in great danger, will obey life saving commands - it’s instinctive and so logical!

*see John 11:43

Then Jesus shouted (loud voice -KJV), "Lazarus, come out!"John 11:43 NLT This was

not done just for the sake of the crowd's hearing. Spirit produced Authoritative commands

pierce the spirit realm boundaries like lightning bolts and thunder, scattering demonic

powers and barriers and unbelief. This is not a law but rather a principle. Many (not all)

who have been positioned to raise a dead person have found themselves activated by the

Spirit to cry out loudly when commanding the dead person to LIVE, AWAKEN, etc.

It is appropriate to repeat these commands, demanding compliance. It is appropriate to

Praise and Worship God in the process, in expectation, giving thanks. It can be appropriate to lay

on hands, or not. It can be appropriate to speak directly to apparent lethal wounds or injuries, or

blood loss to be restored, bones to be reset, spines to be restored, hearts to start beating,

breathing to start, etc. by authoritative command as part of the resurrection process. You must not

be hindered by the physical mess or conditions - God’s recreative power will flow! After all, you

are raising the dead here and it’s perfectly fine to do a complete work of restoration at the same

time!

Modern era mission field testimonies include resurrections where the head and or limbs were

amputated by attackers and then believer friends reattached them by reuniting the severed parts

in their proper position and then praying/commanding healing; embalmed bodies were raised

days after death (raised persons continued to sweat out formaldehyde for days after being raised).

Testimonies of raising the dead frequently are accompanied by either immediate instantaneous

healing of wounds and damages or by rapid healing and restoration within days; and this often

happens that way to confound and witness to the doctors and community. They end up testifying

with Xrays and charts how to their amazement, the victim had to have been dead or had

extensive fatal and irreversible conditions and that there was no other medical explanation than a

miracle. One of the realities of miracles is that eye-witnesses cannot believe or receive them

when they happen. Satan always brings unbelief and confusion to attack the reality and power

and witness of God’s work. The human mind is trained to be skeptical. Consider the Apostles and

disciples unbelief at the resurrection even after Jesus had raised the dead in front of their eyes

and plainly explained to them of His coming death and resurrection! Are you a “doubting-

Thomas”?

Persistence and patience are required. Keep on commanding and demanding response, while

listening for further instruction or encouragement. I think God is always testing and proving our

faith by requiring us to first take an unwavering stand of faith - then it happens! Jesus did it with

a word, we do it with our words and our expectant persistence! Our enemy does not run just

because we have drawn our sword, he runs when we attack and wield it with everything within

us.

Note: The SPIRIT OF DEATH and or the SPIRIT OF TRAUMA are actual common demonic

spirits that can kill a person by engineering a lethal scenario, can attack a person causing heart

and nervous system failure, can cause lethal disease, “accidents”, heavily oppress a person to the

point that they wish/want to die, thinking it is the only way out or for relief, etc. This demon kills

by discouragement of the soul and “death wish” agreement and self-expressed statements. Such a

spirit then inhabits the body to prevent resuscitation. In scenarios where someone has died for no

apparent reason, you should always cast this spirit out. This spirit should always be bound and

cast out where a person is struggling for their life either in an accident scene, a prolonged illness,

or an unexplained event. Jesus warned us in John 10:10: “<Satan> cometh not, but for to steal,

and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more

abundantly. If in doubt, cast it out, then proceed!

Shocking “prayer” reality: Praying is so often really a manifestation of UNBELIEF. When we

drivel weak prayers of unbelief in the face of a desperate need for authoritative commands of

faith over danger, sickness, demons, and death, we will fail! “If it be thy will” prayers are

“double-minded” prayers of unbelief if the Word authorizes action - if the Spirit authorizes

action! These kind of prayers do not move God’s hand because “without faith it is impossible to

please God”. They actually are a form of whining and whimpering in the face of spiritual

conflict. We have been commanded to take our stand with the Weapons of our Warfare (Eph. 6).

(Note: qualify yourself for Putting On the Armor and Taking Your Stand by praying/repenting

thru Ephesians 1-6 first) Presumptive, prideful, boasting prayers on the other hand, will most

certainly bring defeat and excuse-making. You pray first for direction (thus putting yourself

under God’s authority) and then if the answer is Yes!, you quit praying and start operating with

authority to command restoration and resurrection life! (It is wisdom to do a “heart check” with

the Holy Spirit before you proceed with this.) If after getting a Yes, you then refuse to operate in

faith and use your delegated authority to command life and revert to praying for God to do it,

you will fail. It’s your job! You do it in the Name! If you can engage a believing loved one or

friend to agree with you - what do they have to lose? - fine! If you have other believers with you

who will indeed step up to the plate with you, the more the better. Step back, get into a huddle,

lay out the plan, engage them in the vision!

Get united and seek God’s will and mind, encourage each other, come into unity!

Jesus often removed unbelievers and mockers from the immediate scene first. This is

important if you discern any hindrance or resistance. Often medical and emergency workers can

be hindrances because they believe so firmly in death and their ability to prognosticate outcomes

based on their natural minds and experiences. Let them do their job - you do yours. If the person

is dead, there is no emergency in removing the body. Firmly ask them to give you some time for

prayer. You can press them to ride in the ambulance too. Families have the right to stop

emergency workers from removing the body - a family can take possession and transport the

body themselves. It used to be the family that took the body home and washed and prepared it

for burial, making the casket, having a “wake” and family “get together” for 3 days before

burying the body. This is a natural part of the grieving process that we are intended to go through

which now is bypassed by the death industry. I think more people would come under the fear of

the Lord and to repentance and salvation if we personally had to deal with the deceased loved

one, instead of turning them over to “professionals”. The First World is in denial about death, we

pay people to hide it, cosmeticize it, whitewash it, perfume it, and enshrine bodies in expensive

and fancy caskets (out of guilt) then hide it under nice grass and flowers and granite markers.

Death is supposed to be shocking and repulsive and troubling. God is wanting us to feel the

reality of it’s sting and our own imminent death so we will repent and call on His Name! Death is

meant to be humbling!

NOTE: I have found unbelieving non-disciple “believers” to be exceptional hindrances - they

need to be put out of the equation asap! Tragic death scenarios are ruled by evil spirits of fear,

doubt, unbelief, anger, rage, sorrow, grief, pain, etc. You must take authority over the scene,

binding and loosing as you move in to speak the Word over the deceased. Remember, Jesus could do no great works in his home town of Nazareth because of their unbelief! Matt. 13:58

People who have been around death, firmly believe in it and readily contribute to resignation and

launch into the grief counseling mode, thus reinforcing the finality of the death.

Believer! It ain’t finished until the Lord says so or you give up!

Miracle mum brings premature baby son back to life with two hours of loving

cuddles after doctors pronounce him dead

By Mail Foreign Service

Last updated at 5:47 PM on 27th August 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1306283/Miracle-pr emature-baby-declared-deaddoctors-

revived-mothers-touch.html#

It was a final chance to say goodbye for grieving mother Kate Ogg after doctors gave up hope of

saving her premature baby. She tearfully told her lifeless son - born at 27 weeks weighing 2lb -

how much she loved him and cuddled him tightly, not wanting to let him go.

Although little Jamie's twin sister Emily had been delivered successfully, doctors had given Mrs

Ogg the news all mothers dread - that after 20 minutes of battling to get her son to breathe, they

had declared him dead. They were given the child to say their goodbyes but then, miraculously,

two hours later he began to show signs of life

Having given up on a miracle, Mrs Ogg unwrapped the baby from his blanket and held him

against her skin. And then an extraordinary thing happened. After two hours of being hugged,

touched and spoken to by his mother, the little boy began showing signs of life.

At first, it was just a gasp for air that was dismissed by doctors as a reflex action. But then the

startled mother fed him a little breast milk on her finger and he started breathing normally.

'I thought, ཁ Oh my God, what's going on ཁ, said Mrs Ogg. A short time later he opened his

eyes. It was a miracle. Then he held out his hand and grabbed my finger. 'He opened his eyes

and moved his head from side to side. The doctor kept shaking his head saying, ཁ I don't believe

it, I don't believe it ཁ . '

The Australian mother spoke publicly for the first time yesterday to highlight the importance of

skin-on-skin care for sick babies, which is being used at an increasing number of British

hospitals.'He started gasping more and more regularly. I thought, ཁ Oh my God, what's going

on?ཁ A short time later he opened his eyes. It was a miracle'

In most cases, babies are rushed off to intensive care if there is a serious problem during the

birth. But the 'kangaroo care' technique, named after the way kangaroos hold their young in a

pouch next to their bodies, allows the mother to act as a human incubator to keep babies warm,

stimulated and fed.

Pre-term and low birth-weight babies treated with the skin-to-skin method have also been shown

to have lower infection rates, less severe illness, improved sleep patterns and are at reduced risk

of hypothermia.

Mrs Ogg and her husband David told how doctors gave up on saving their son after a three-hour

labour in a Sydney hospital in March. The doctor asked me had we chosen a name for our son,'

said Mrs Ogg. 'I said, ཁ Jamie ཁ, and he turned around with my son already wrapped up and

said, ཁWe've lost Jamie, he didn't make it, sorry ཁ.'It was the worse feeling I've ever felt. I

unwrapped Jamie from his blanket. He was very limp.'I took my gown off and arranged him on

my chest with his head over my arm and just held him. He wasn't moving at all and we just

started talking to him.

'We told him what his name was and that he had a sister. We told him the things we wanted to do

with him throughout his life. 'Jamie occasionally gasped for air, which doctors said was a reflex

action. But then I felt him move as if he were startled, then he started gasping more and more

regularly.'I gave Jamie some breast milk on my finger, he took it and started regular breathing.'

Mrs Ogg held her son, now five months old and fully recovered, as she spoke on the Australian

TV show Today Tonight. Her husband added: 'Luckily I've got a very strong, very smart wife.

'She instinctively did what she did. If she hadn't done that, Jamie probably wouldn't be here.'

(The above Newspaper article does not mention Faith/Prayer, etc. but it is significant in

challenging us to not be so quick to give in to “finality/expert opinions” in death scenarios and

not to look for “quick fixes” but to take our stand of faith in Prayer in the Spirit and to Watch-

Wait on the Lord -with all perseverance and supplications- Ephesians 6:18! Consider Paul and

the young man who fell out the 2nd story window (Acts 20:9-12) - he was taken up dead but Paul

fell on him, embraced him and resurrected him in the same way that Elijah (1Kings 17:17-24)

and Elisha (2Kings 4:33-35) did. Death/Fear did not prevail, Life/Love prevailed through Faith!

Beware of Self-appointed “prophets"! Most doctors (NOT ALL) are self-appointed prophets.

They rely on their rational thinking and intellect and medical/scientific training and life

experience to pronounce judgment and prognosis over us/the sick/dying. They team up and

declare/prophesy over us with their “indisputable” authority. They declare patients dead, or

declare their outcome or life expectancy or treatment regimen, etc. We accept and put our faith

in their word as our fate, usually without any challenge or consideration of seeking a second

opinion, alternative treatment, etc. When we as believers ensconce these “prophets” in first and

last word authority over us, we forfeit the authority and provisions of the Word of God and the

Spirit of Christ over our lives and needs. We need to take “our stand” (Eph. 6), declare Christ is

Lord over our lives and submit ourselves to His first and final authority and declarations over us

and deny the authority of any man (doctor) to determine our “fate”. Fathers and Mothers have

been mandated to act in faith authority in protecting their children. The mother in the above

article did not forfeit her position or authority, her heart was pure and she was determined to take

her stand for her “declared dead” newborn and she held on and won! We need to fight for our

lives, the lives of others – we need to hear God's voice and act on it! We need to recognize the

enemy and how he uses self-appointed prophets and “authorities” (even Police/EMTs/Job's

Friends, etc.) to attack or hinder our faith or put up fear or unbelief barriers against us. Do not

allow medical personnel to push you away from or separate you from the “dead”/dying until you

have clearly received answers from the Lord on what you are to do.

NOTE: Jesus always engaged the faith of the parent (delegated authority over the child) before

ministering to a child. If the parent is on the scene of the death of a child, the parent must be

engaged and in agreement. Otherwise, it is sadly not God’s will to proceed by bypassing the

parent’s will. Because there is no emergency at this point, it is appropriate to take time to

minister faith and the Word to get the parent on board in agreement. This is their only hope at

this point and few parents will refuse except hard hearted and bitter atheists. I am always on alert

in the case of the death of a child for a possible open sin door in the parent’s life - particularly the

father, particularly adultery, murder or wrongful death (participant in abortion), or occult sin.

The parent is the child’s protection scripturally. This does not mean that all child deaths are

directly or indirectly the result of a parents sin! Just be alert to this possibility and ask the Lord

for wisdom when faced with this situation. If the Lord shows this is the cause and the parent

admits to it and repents on the spot, it may open the door to restoring the child. The enemy

knows the boundaries and when they are down, due to disobedience and sin, he can move in to

steal, kill and destroy. People die every day due to the sins of others. Sin never has been right, or

fair, or inconsequential. Jesus paid the price to set us free from it’s power, but, it’s our choice!

The father that is committing adultery has opened the door to the enemy to attack his children,

not to mention his own life (health) and marriage. How many stories do we need to hear about

“upstanding believers”, even leaders having hidden adultery/sins and boldly denying them even

in the face of evidence? It is even our natural inclination to deny such possible root cause

revelations by the Spirit when we are faced with dealing with it's difficulties in ministering in the

situation. There are many testimonies relating unconfessed and unrepented sin in a parent to the

death of a child – the parent's forfeited spiritual protection over the family was pierced by the

enemy (this was not a judgment by God).

TIME IS NOT THE ISSUE. Jesus is the Resurrection - He was raised after 3 days. Lazarus

after 4 days. There are many present day testimonies of people being raised who had been dead

for up to a week, some who had already been embalmed, etc. (Google:raising the dead) The

reality is that most resurrections occur within the same day and even the same hour, because God

prearranged for the right believing believer to be there on the scene to accomplish God’s will to

the glory of Jesus Christ! Why should we think it incredible that the Father wants us to raise the

dead when it glorifies His Son? God intervenes in the affairs of time, men, history and death and

destruction every day! It appears to me that most of these scenarios represent spiritual warfare

scenarios where the enemy has overstepped their boundaries causing a premature death, or where

the deceased somehow was careless and opened a door that should have been closed and where

God allowed it to test the church and approve a believing believer who will step out in faith and

thus bring glory to Christ.

DYING BEFORE YOUR TIME! Unbelievers live every day of their life under the weight and

curse of the Law (the 10 Commandments) - cursed is everyone who does/has not kept every one

of them. Proverbs 2:22 “But the wicked shall be cut off from the land, And the treacherous shall

be rooted out of it.” So it should come as no surprise that unrepentant sinners will likely live a

shorter life than they could have if they had been living as believers. God is still sovereign, He is

unwilling that any perish, so even the length of their lives is still in His hands. Some he cuts off,

knowing their ultimate end, thus mercifully limiting the severity of their final judgment.

Believers lives too are subject to God’s numbering their days. What they do not always

understand is that even their lives can be cut short and thus they can die before God’s ordained

number of days are fulfilled. - see 1 Cor. 11:17-34, in particular vs.30: “For this reason many

are weak and sick among you, and many sleep”. When believers fail to live holy lives in the

Spirit and then fail to discern the Body and Blood of our Lord, they are subject to chastisement

(weak/sick) and ultimately, untimely (early) death as judgment by the Lord. They are not lost but

they lose eternal reward that could have been theirs. If you find yourself in what appears to be an

untimely death of a believer, this could be the cause and it may be likely a finality. One must not

be tempted to speculate on this or pronounce such. Just do not be shocked if you “hear” this from

the Lord when seeking unction to proceed in raising them from the dead. Such situations can

sometimes be seen in the way the “believer” has been living in the flesh but, many times their

true condition and life is hidden to all but God. The Lord's answer may simply be: No! Or there

may be given you a Word of Knowledge or Wisdom for your private understanding or to be

shared.

THE SILVER CORD. Ecclesiastes 12 talks about life issues and the importance of

remembering your Creator. Verse 6 is intriguing, referring to the time of our death using the term

“silver cord” is loosed/severed. There is speculation about the meaning of vs. 6. From what I

have read in both some Christian commentaries and writings and secular - new age-occult

writings (google:silver cord, also check www.wikipedia.com article), there is a case that

somehow our spirit and soul are connected to our bodies by this “silver cord”. Some speculate on

how this accounts for people’s “near death experiences” (NDE) where they came out of their

body and remained aware both visually and audibly of the surroundings of their body, but could

not “leave” and could not communicate. Some report hovering near their bodies. Some have

reported seeing this thin glittery silver cord stretched between their lifeless body and their

hovering spirit/soul. It is said that if the cord is cut/severed/broken, the death is final.

A close Spirit filled believer friend was in a motorcycle accident and plainly remembers standing

there by and looking down on his body, feeling no pain. He was unable to connect with his friend

who was feverishly trying to help him. This continued for minutes, until he cried out: “JESUS!”

and at that moment, he fell right back inside his body. He then immediately felt terrific pain and

distress. This shocked his friend who was convinced that he was dead up until that point. I think

in cases like this, it is not that person’s time to die and the Lord does not allow them to be

“loosed” from their bodies and into His presence (or go to Hell).

MY EXPERIENCESuch, I believe, was the case where I was involved in raising a man from

the dead. He had been judged dead by two nurses present at the scene after all attempts at CPR

failed. The body without the spirit is dead. In this case, strangely to me, “I knew” (by the Spirit),

that this man had been killed by being attacked by a (demon) spirit of death. I had no previous

direct experience with this demon, having read about it only. It was a dramatic attack (which I

witnessed as I was directly behind him). It was like an unseen assailant had jumped on him and

throttled him -he struggled flailing his arms at some unseen attacker. He was thrown to the floor

like a limp wet rag. It was unreal and the minute I witnessed it, I knew it was supernatural. His

motionless body then turned purple, his eyes first bulged out and then receded and rolled back

into his head and his tongue protruded and hung (way out) unnaturally. Both the nurses assumed

he had a heart attack, he had no life signs whatsoever. My spirit was restless and aggravated and

I paced around the body praying, at first not knowing if or what I should do. Then it came to me,

cast out the spirit of death! I wasn’t sure of this at first, but I did it. After several attempts, as I

became more activated a nd bold by the Spirit, I got angry and loud! Then it happened ! It was a

shocking scene as the totally lifeless body, tongue hanging out, suddenly jerked powerfully as if

shocked by electricity. His purple black tongue snapped back into his mouth like an

overextended rubber band, then it suddenly protruded obscenely and unnaturally, snake like, then

flapping like a flag in a stiff wind. A loud hissing and sighing sound and blast of air came roaring

forth from him. Suddenly his eyes opened and immediately his skin color began to return from

purple, to red, to pink as he began gasping and choking and writhing. Everyone fell back aghast.

At that point no one was doing anything or touching him. The EMTs recoiled, they had just

arrived and having checked him, were putting away their instruments, believing they were about

to transport a corpse. They went into overdrive, threw him on the stretcher and wheeled him

away to the hospital. The hospital released him the next morning after extensive testing and

observation. The verdict: no sign of any stroke or heart attack! They asked “why did you bring

him in”? (Note: I can only speculate on why this man was attacked, I think he was involved in

sin and had been refusing to repent and thus opened a door for the enemy.) He said he did not

remember anything except the “attack” and “waking up on the floor gasping for breath” - he did

not offer any confession or insight and I never felt free to press him -that was between him and

the Lord. It seemed to me that he was grateful to be alive and was somehow humbled and in a

different and quiet place spiritually.

I have been directly involved in some other death scenarios since 1980, when I received the

Baptism of the Holy Spirit. In each case, when I prayed earnestly for permission to intervene, the

answer was a quiet “No!” With this came a calm and understanding that it was not God’s will.

Some friends of mine from our church were also involved in raising a man from the dead - a

dear elder pastor. This was an apparent heart attack and again a nurse was present at the meeting.

All experienced CPR giver attempts failed. He was judged dead with no life signs or response.

None of them had experience in this but, they felt a righteous indignation rise up within them,

they “knew” by the Spirit that God wasn’t through using this precious senior pastor. They caught

on fire in prayer and rebuked death and commanded him to live in the NAME!..............he did!

He revived, got up and went home and back to walking with His Lord serving the community.

His last years were energized with this testimony.

Are you ready?

Kerry Slattery YWAM kslatte@msn.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Overcoming Danger & Life Threatening Scenarios

Coupled with raising the dead is the stopping of death by Overcoming Life Threatening

Scenarios. There are many potential imminent death scenarios such as accident scenes where

people have sustained lethal injuries including bleeding, scenes of violence or chaos or natural

disaster including storms, earthquakes, fires, etc. - a fatal disease or condition, imminent dangers,

or criminal or warfare attack. The list could be extensive in this category. I would like to cover a

few examples and some scriptural principles for dealing with them. Wherever we find ourselves,

we are students of God’s grace, even ambassadors and intercessors, always listening, always

ready to be used by His Spirit. Rom. 15:4 “For everything that was written in the past was

written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures, we

might have hope.” We have not been given power over any and everything we want, only over

what God has predetermined. We are not immune to suffering, injury, disease or death. We are

called to take our stand and face whatever comes our way through the power of His Spirit and

Word. Christians are martyred daily around the world. Stephen was not raised, Paul was ( a

number of times?) before his eventual martyrdom. We shouldn’t assume anything except that

God is with us and will never leave us, nor forsake us and that He is the master of our destiny!

Seek Him, Hear Him, Obey Him, Overcome!

Luke 10:19

And I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among

snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you.

LORD! WHY AM I/WHAT AM I DOING HERE? If you are a Spirit- led believer, your path

and daily steps are ordered by the Lord. So, if you’re there, there’s a reason and a purpose - it’s

your destiny. Get into tongues immediately, listen to the Spirit and follow instructions! You may

receive a scripture, a word, a gift, a vision, an impression - be led to speak or take action! Trust

God and look for His purpose and provision! He is never late! It is this trust and faith action that

produces the deliverance! Regardless of government authorities such as police, etc. that may or

may not be on the scene, you should see yourself as the God-delegated spiritual authority on the

scene (assuming you are the only believing believer present. If there are others, quickly

determine who has the faith to discern and act and lead and achieve unity). You are the one(s)

God has put there to stop death and destruction and to turn the situation around to save lives (and

“God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, wellmade

weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to

everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we’ll walk away

from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life or death fight to the finish

against the Devil and all his angels.

Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you

can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting, you’ll still be

on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith and salvation are more than words. Learn how to

apply them. You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. In the

same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray long and hard. Pray for your

brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls

behind or drops out.” Eph. 6:10-18 THE MESSAGE

souls). Note: This is an excellent time to repent of any known sin or unbelief in your life -ha!

Maybe this imminent danger situation will expose spiritual compromise or sloth and help you

reset your course back to the narrow path and back to intimacy with your Lord? Maybe it will be

a confirmation to you that the times you have been spending in the Word, in prayer and worship

and service to the Lord are producing fruit and to press in? If you are faithful in “little” things,

God will give you bigger things to be faithful in.

GOD HAS ORDAINED YOU TO BE AN INTERCESSOR! An intercessor is not someone

who prays. It is someone who ACTS! An intercessor is an intervener! Prayer can be so passive,

even unbelieving. Intercessors are people who are bred and led by the Spirit to take action on the

earth. Of course prayer is involved, but it’s prayer that leads to action, power, movement, change,

intervention and life instead of death! Jesus and His Father planned the universe and on that

occasion, they out of love, gave mankind freewill. They knew full well that man would need

redemption and so Jesus stepped forward and accepted the role of “THE LAMB OF GOD,

SLAIN FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH!” Rev. 13:8 This is the first act of

intercession in the Bible. Jesus stepped forward in love to be our intercessor - He took action!

So when you find yourself in the middle of danger and life and death situations, you are there to

take action in response to praying in the Spirit on the spot or as the Spirit has prepared you in

advance. It is highly unlikely that you are only there as a detached observer only.

Have you considered that your emergency scene is really a judgment scene where God has acted

in wrath against stubborn ungodliness, wickedness and rebellion? In such a case, maybe you are

there to stand in the gap and plead for God’s mercy to prevail on behalf of the ungodly? Ezekiel

22:30 “....I sought for a man among them who would .....stand in the gap.......” Remember

Abraham and Moses pleading and negotiating with God to stop His wrath against sin? Plead the

Blood as an intercessor and see the mercy of God’s grace move to bring salvation to the wicked

and ungodly. Such is the Father’s pleasure, a man or woman who will stand up for the lost and

stop the finality of judgment and wrath against sin. “..mercy triumphs over judgment.” James

2:13

IMMEDIATELY ASK YOUR FATHER FOR ANGELIC HELP! It is God’s will to provide

angelic messengers or intervention when He deems it necessary. “For He shall give His angels

charge over you, To keep you in all your ways.” Ps. 91:11 Look for them to act! They may

manifest themselves as humans rather than you seeing into the spirit realm. You are relying on

the Lord, not on angels. Trust God, let the angels do their thing and vanish. Just be aware and

give thanks to the Lord! I am quite convinced of having had many direct encounters with

intervening angels who appeared as humans. One encounter that was so vivid was in an outreach

to the vile red light district in Tijuana, Mexico. Two obnoxious drunks came into the middle of

the circle of our audience, the crowd was enthralled with a drama we were doing. We were

nearing an altar call for salvation. The crowd became incensed and was about to get violent with

the worst behaving drunken mocker -this was drawing attention away from the message just

when it was hitting home. Three of us who were on the perimeter interceding, knew we had to

act or the enemy would destroy this precious opportunity and perhaps get the nearby police

involved and thus shut us down. I said, “Father, we need an angel to get in there right now and

remove that man!” In Jesus' Name! We all agreed and threw up an urgent sentence prayer for just

that. BAM! Right before our eyes, we suddenly saw an a “man” run right through the circle of

people opening a narrow corridor. This “man” was so fast that he grabbed the drunk by the hand

and yanked him instantly off his feet and into running on his toes right on out of there in an

instant! The crowd immediately closed ranks as if nothing happened - they refocused right back

into the most intense part of the drama. It all happened like a flash dream. We all looked at each

other in astonishment! We immediately turned and looked around the corner of the building

where these two had disappeared. There was no one anywhere down the street in the direction

they went -there was no door or place for them to go for a block. We had an amazing salvation

response by the crowd -there were men and women on their knees on the filthy sidewalks

weeping and crying out to the Lord. We spent an hour counseling and praying with men and

women who genuinely were convicted of their sins and Jesus’s love for them - PTL!

Heb. 13:2 “Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly

entertained angels.” We all have had angel encounters without discerning it - pray about this

scripture and ask the Lord to remind you and open your memory and understanding - ahaa?! I

can look back now after more experience in the Spirit and see that I have had many life saving

encounters with angels. Thank you Lord! Some angels might come as messengers, or to deliver

us in times of peril. The encounter can be like Peter being released from jail directly by an angel,

it can be like Paul and Silas being freed from jail by unseen angelic action in destroying the jail.

If someone comes onto your scene suddenly and strangely and you converse with them, you can

test them with questions about their relationship with the Lord. Angels are “not saved or bornagain,”

but yet they will readily affirm obedience, service and worship of the Lord and affirm

your faith - the Spirit will bear witness and you will experience the awe and fear of the Lord in

their presence. We are never to seek such encounters, nor seek information or help directly from

angels -they have their assignment and will only do as the Lord has directed and then depart.

Remember that Satan masquerades as an “angel of light” to deceive those who are ignorant of or

disobey the Word of God. Angel encounters are not for our curiosity or entertainment - they are

serious and necessary business as the Lord determines. Many humans have been slain in

judgment directly by warrior angels sent by God. Many foolish and rebellious humans have been

slain by fallen angels and demons. Who’s authority are you under?

BIND AND LOOSE! Matt. 16:18-19! OUT LOUD! Life threats come with life threateners:

Demons! Matthew 16:18 “ And I also say unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will

build my church; and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. I will give unto thee the keys

of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven;

and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

Bind them OUT LOUD, take authority over them in the NAME! As you pray in the Spirit, you

may receive specific discernment of the names of demons, or the spiritual root cause of the

danger, etc. Loose God’s forces - you speak OUT LOUD God’s authority and provision over the

situation. Speak LIFE and BIND DEATH and INJURY and DANGER! You are facing a

mountain of circumstances that are spiraling out of control - SPEAK AGAINST THAT

MOUNTAIN! Forbid Death! Speak Life! PLEAD The BLOOD of JESUS CHRIST and all that it

provides! It’s what is coming forth from your Inner Being by the Spirit and out of your mouth

that will turn the situation to life and safety! You can curse guns and bullets and knives (see

Psalm 91) so they cannot work death or injury! God may give you the command to blind some

evil person - Acts 13:9-11. You can loose confusion against evil people or the enemy. You can

speak sanity and self-control over people! You can speak PEACE BE STILL! against fear and

out of control people! God may give you the faith to escape the same way Jesus escaped many

murderous attacks by crowds (for example: Luke 4:30) - He boldly walked right through them!

Command a WAY to open up in the NAME! (Jesus is the WAY). People caught in raging fires

and trapped in plane wrecks have walked right through the flames unharmed while speaking the

NAME -there was no other way other than to whimper and burn! They had the inner witness that

this was not their time to die!

One lady facing a life threatening gun wielding mugger/rapist? suddenly screamed: “I am

covered by His feathers, I am covered by His feathers!” over and over as she turned and ran

away to safety-leaving a shocked and perplexed thug behind! (She was quoting Psalm 91:4 - can

you imagine the laughter in heaven over this?) God has a wonderful sense of humor that can

cause the enemy to be routed - He laughs from heaven at evil men and their plans! Take your

Eph. 6 stand against the onslaught of death and hell and follow the Spirit’s instructions! It’s

perfectly appropriate to SCREAM THE NAME OUT LOUD! in the face of imminent attack or

danger! Plead the BLOOD OF JESUS OUT LOUD! It is appropriate to SING PRAISES

OUTLOUD against the flood of the enemy! (Remember Jericho?) We have the weapons of our

warfare and they only work when used in faith - faith is what comes out of our hearts and

mouths!

Remember when the armed mob came to the garden of Gethsemane to arrest Jesus? When He

was asked if He was Jesus, He answered “ I AM!” The soldiers and armed crowd all fell back

and down? Jesus is the “I AM”. It’s His NAME and in His NAME is all power and authority in

heaven and on earth. The enemy must always fall down before that NAME!

PEACE BE STILL! Storms, Chaos, Riot, Irrational Behavior, Fear, Demonic

Manifestation Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and REBUKED the

winds and the waves (other versions: He Silenced the winds/waves) Matt. 8:24. In Mark 4:39

Jesus arose and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “PEACE, BE STILL!” And the wind ceased

and there was great CALM. There seems to be no doubt that this storm scenario was an attack

against Jesus and His disciples by Satan (remember Job 1 where Satan caused banditry, fire fall,

and windstorm to attack Job’s family?) Jesus “rebuked and silenced” the wind/waves/storm by

speaking with authority - commanding them (and Satan) to stop - He was binding and loosing

with His Words. We are authorized to follow this example in dealing with the afore mentioned

scenarios. We have authority to protect lives and deal with deadly things: “I give you authority to

trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by

any means hurt you.” Luke 10:19

Whether it is calming “natural” or supernaturally caused dangerous scenarios, the Spirit can

move us and anoint us to stop them or control them. In deliverance ministry and in public

scenarios where demons are manifesting themselves, I have found the authoritative command:

PEACE BE STILL” to be very effective because, it is BINDING Satan and loosing people!

You are in effect commanding torment, turmoil, unrest, confusion, and evil to STOP! - TO SHUT

UP! In unbelieving company, this command is also less threatening to the ignorant than publicly

directly addressing Satan or demons. I have used this command to calm out of control children,

adults and groups and it achieved it’s purpose. Bystanders just assumed that it was my voice of

authority that accomplished it. You only need to speak loud enough so people can hear you.

When facing an agitated demonized dangerous individual, it can be very powerfully effective in

draining and calming the threat level to allow escape or ministry. It is so vital that “we know who

we are in Christ” and glorify Him by using the scriptural tools He has given us to do His work on

earth. Luke 1:37 “For with God nothing will be impossible” - hint: BE WITH GOD!

I was once unexpectedly cornered in a church kitchen, when an agitated demonized man

suddenly entered, blocking the doorway. He was ranting and raging and appeared to be there to

cause some damage. I maneuvered to put myself between him and the well stocked kitchen

knife holder. As I did, maintaining eye to eye contact, I spoke firmly but in a calm voice: Peace

Be Still! Let the Peace of God which passes all understanding come upon you right now! I

thanked the Lord Jesus for being there to help us and to bring love, joy, peace, patience,

gentleness, meekness, kindness and self-control! As I did this, his eyes changed (the demons lost

control of him), he became quiet and the tension drained away. I was then able to greet him

kindly and suggested we have a cup of coffee and sit down to talk. He agreed to the diversion.

We had a good talk about some of his problems and we prayed together and he left. He was not

ready for deliverance unfortunately and I never saw him again.

Col. 3:15 “And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to the which also ye were called in

one body; and be ye thankful”.

Philip. 4:7 “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall guard your hearts

and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.”

Romans 16:20 “And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of

our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.”

FIND LOST THINGS! Sometimes losing something can put you in a dangerous position.

Such as losing your car keys when in remote area, in inclement weather, or in an after dark

unfriendly neighborhood, etc., could put you in big trouble. What if you are the lost thing? God

knows where everything is at all times! That includes whatever you misplaced or lost including

yourself! 2 Kings 6:1-7 shows Elisha, God’s prophet, volunteering to locate a missing ax head (a

precious item in that era).

It is critical that you avoid panic and anxiety attacks and settle your soul down, quiet your spirit

and begin praising and thanking God for His sovereign oversight, care and grace! James 4:1-4

states “You want something but don’t get it - You do not have because you do not ask God.

When you do ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives

(unbelief/anger/lust?)...”. Trust God, calm way down - then ask in faith! Wait! Believe - then

Receive! Often there’s a reason why you are or it is “lost”. Many times, you will get a Word of

Knowledge or God stimulates your memory with a picture, etc. Many times you get an

immediate answer, sometimes it comes later - all according to God’s timing and purpose. He may

instruct you to look in a place or go in a direction or path and as you do, you find it. Sometimes

the answer is No. Then you ask what to do next. If you allow mistrust, disgust, anger, fear to

enter at this point, you are in unbelief and God is likely to be teaching you a valuable lesson. If

you want victory, be led by the Spirit and trust the reason and outcome to God. A God delivered

delay in your day may save your life! I feel quite certain that God has delivered me many times

from unforseen accidents or disasters, or caused a divine encounter situation in this way that I

would have missed.

DEATH AND LIFE ARE IN THE POWER OF THE TONGUE! Prov. 18:21.

Are you in trouble or danger because you have been careless or evil in the use of your

tongue?

Galatians 6:7 “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he

also reap.” Proverbs 19:16 “He that keepeth the commandment(s) keepeth his soul; But, he that

is careless of his ways shall die.” James 3:5 “So the tongue also is a little member, and boasteth

great things. Behold, how much wood is kindled by how small a fire! And the tongue is a fire: the

world of iniquity among our members is the tongue, which defileth the whole body, and setteth

on fire the wheel of nature, and is set on fire by hell. For every kind of beasts and birds, of

creeping things and things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed by mankind. But the tongue

can no man tame; it is a restless evil, it is full of deadly poison. Therewith bless we the Lord and

Father; and therewith curse we men, who are made after the likeness of God:” Many a believer’s

life is trashed by the enemy because of disobedience, especially in the use of the tongue to: lie,

gossip, slander, judge, curse, hate, make ungodly vows, words of agreement with evil/sin, speak

ungratefulness, speak all kinds of evil and unbelief and pride, boasting, etc.! Believers should be

convinced of God’s hatred of these things. We are snared by our own attitudes, carelessness,

disobedience, foolishness, pride and disobedience. For example: people who don’t like some

part of their life or body or appearance are tempted to speak self hatred ( I hate my body/part).

What you spew can come back to kill you. Do a word-study on: TONGUE and be amazed at the

powerful scriptures both negative and positive that teach on the power of the tongue!

If you are in danger or trouble, or trouble seems to be your lifestyle - stop and go to prayer :

Psalm 139:23-24 “Search me, O God, and know my heart: Try me, and know my thoughts; And

see if there be any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.

Your deliverance and restoration may be at hand, just waiting for your REPENTANCE!

MULTIPLY - DIVIDE - ADD - SUBTRACT - SURVIVE -THRIVE! Let’s go way back to

the beginning: Gen. 1:22 “Be fruitful and multiply!” 2 Cor. 9:8-10 “And God is able to make all

grace abound to you, that always having all sufficiency in all things, you may have an

abundance for every good work............Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread

for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your

righteousness...” This principal of God multiplying, adding, subtracting (taking away) is all

through the scripture. Remember the loaves and fishes? If you are in a dangerous or desperate

life threatening situation, remember this principle and apply it to: time, money, food, medicine,

supplies, air, water, gasoline, light, power, warmth, etc. Jesus taught us to take what we have in

hand and pray over it, blessing it, giving thanks (praise) for all sufficiency in all things! I have

seen this work over and over in ministering to the poor with food and needed supplies. In each

case, we went forward with what we had in hand and had been provided or what was found or

left or donated . We blessed it, giving thanks and proceeded to use it or give it out and without

any visible, dramatic ,attention-getting miracle, we found that we had just what was needed and

little or nothing was left over and no need was unmet. Should we find it remarkable that one of

our God’s names is El Shaddai - the All Sufficient One. Phil. 4:19 “And my God shall supply

all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” When you are seemingly

“trapped” in what appears to be a hopeless situation, act on Scripture-Precedent!

God has given us authority to REMOVE (subtract) mountains. Matt. 21:21-22 After withering

the fig tree, Jesus said to His disciples (are you one?) “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith

and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this

mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done. And whatever things you ask in

prayer, believing, you will receive.” Yes, you can remove dangerous people from the scene!

Remember my earlier story of an angel removing a drunk from the scene?

And the Lord said to Moses, ‘Why do you cry to me? Tell the children of Israel to go forward.

But lift up your rod, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it.” Exodus 14:15-16

Jesus is our WAY when there is no way - to those who believe! Jehovah brought them out of

Egypt with unprecedented miracles and signs never before seen. He brought them right up to a

“dead end” - the Red Sea with Pharaoh’s army surrounding them. Why? So he could baptize

them! Consider your “dead end” emergency scenario, a baptism of the school of the Spirit. Don’t

cry out WHY WHY WHY! Cry out, WHAT (do I do) Lord?

A missionary was evangelizing in a remote village where many villagers had been killed,

dragged away and eaten by a man-eating lion that had been terrorizing the area for the last year.

Concerted efforts to hunt it down and kill it had failed. While he was preaching to a small

gathered crowd, suddenly the crowd began to run away screaming. This man eater had snuck into

the village and was about to make a running lunge at the back of the unsuspecting missionary.

As the missionary turned, he saw he had but seconds before he would be attacked. He screamed

out, pointing his finger at the lion: “I curse you in the name of Jesus”. At that instant, a lightning

bolt flashed, striking the attacking lion dead! Within minutes, the previously fearful villagers

came back from hiding and gathered around the former man killer. The missionary was now

standing on top of the smoldering carcass preaching the eternal Gospel and they were interested!

You could say that just like the unfruitful fig tree, this lion withered away on the spot. (It’s my

opinion that this man-eater was a judgment of God against the people of that area and that it was

inhabited by demon power because God allowed it, just like He allowed Satan to test Job. It was

no coincidence - that it was part of a strategic plan to open the hard and stubborn hearts of these

pagan people to the Gospel, to bring repentance and salvation for present and future generations)

If it’s dangerous or unfruitful - CURSE IT! If it’s beneficial and life giving - BLESS IT! IN

THE NAME! Just be wise in being led by the Spirit and not by the flesh!. Remember, you are

part of God’s strategic plan wherever you go in the Spirit of Christ!

HIDE FROM THE ENEMY! Psalm 17:8 “Keep me as the apple of thine eye; Hide me under

the shadow of thy wings,” 31:20 “In the covert of thy presence wilt thou hide them from the

plottings of man: Thou wilt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.” 32:7

“Thou art my hiding-place; thou wilt preserve me from trouble, Thou wilt compass me about

with songs of deliverance.” 32:10 “Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; But he that trusteth in

Jehovah, lovingkindness shall compass him about.” If you find yourself in peril and evil people

are looking for you or may likely discover or see you and there is no likely escape or safe hiding

place, enter into the Lord’s secret place of intimacy and worship. Ask the Lord to hide you in

plain sight by covering you with the shadow of His wings. Rebuke fear and calm yourself down

and thank and worship Him for making you His child. Totally focus on Him and let the adversary

walk right by unaware of your presence. Psalm 12:5 “The Lord replies, "I have seen violence

done to the helpless, and I have heard the groans of the poor. Now I will rise up to rescue them,

as they have longed for me to do." Psalm 91:1 “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most

High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty

HOLY SPIRIT TRIAGE! Ask the Lord to show you His priorities in this situation! It may well

be that you will be told to ignore certain people or situations and focus on the real imminent

priority. If there are multiple people in danger, the Lord may have determined that some will die

at this time and another should live. You must follow instructions of the Spirit and not rely on

your natural mind and intellect. It may be that you are to minister “death bed” salvation to

someone, rather than heal them or save their physical life. God has his priorities and purposes

-we need to go with His plan!

In accident scenes with multiple victims, dying adults are often the priority over children because

they will go to hell if not saved, where dying children will go to be with the Lord. This is an

unpleasant predicament but it’s a real life scenario. Ask the Lord for the battle plan. This is spirit

war! Often, our instructions from the Lord will be counter intuitive and counter emotions.

STOP THE BLEEDING! Arterial bleeding and loss of blood is a leading cause of shock and

death. It is a priority in most scenarios, but not all obviously. Besides placing direct pressure on

the wound, SPEAK THE WORD! If it’s a spurting wound, stick your finger in the hole now!

I command this wound to stop bleeding NOW! Demand it! Command it! Take authority over the

bleeding and STOP IT! Bind the spirit of death and shock and cast it out! Forbid death!

Command Life! Keep this up, repeating it OUT LOUD! Ask for angelic help from your Father

for the victims! QUOTE the following scripture (memorize it now!). It is the foremost proven

life saving bleeding stopping scripture! Many believers can testify to using it and seeing the

WORD come to LIFE! This simple scripture picture is your divine precedent and example!

Ezekiel 16:6

And when I passed by and saw you kicking (struggling) about in your blood, I said to you,

Though you are bleeding , live ; Yes! Though you are bleeding, live .!!!!!!!!

I used this scripture in a desperate emergency situation involving my wife. We were at a

Christian conference camp. She had taken a step down out of a friend’s camper and in so doing,

dislodged a long BBQ stick (for roasting meat over a campfire). It fell over on her chest. It had

two long sharp heavy gauge wire prongs to pierce and hold hotdogs and meat. Horrifyingly, one

of those prongs went right up her nostril as she came down on it. It pierced all the way up into

the nasal passage and possibly into her brain cavity! How the other prong missed her eye was a

mystery. Blood squirted and flowed dramatically out of her nose and mouth! On lookers

screamed in horror and went into shock. She was now bent over coughing up a serious flow of

blood and in shock. I knew immediately in my spirit this was a demonic attack! It was so firm in

my mind and spirit. With a Spirit given anointing, I remembered Ezekial 16:6 and began to quote

it over and over loudly. I rebuked Satan, I bound the spirit of death, I commanded the blood to

stop and for her to be healed and restored NOW! Also quoting Mark 16:15-18 and other

scriptures. I was angry! People were in a panic, we were in a very rural area and a long way from

a hospital. I continued quoting scripture loudly while others ran in all directions trying to help

with a towel, a chair, advice, etc. I felt emboldened and absolutely determined that she would

recover immediately without permanent injury. This was the Spirit - not me, not my “faith”

speaking!

Within minutes, all the bleeding stopped. In spite of pressure to transport her immediately in fear

and panic to a hospital, I felt a calm and assurance that this episode was over and resolved by the

Holy Spirit! Within 30 minutes, my wife said she felt normal and there was no pain, drainage or

taste of blood. She drank some water, cleaned up, we prayed together and then got up and went

to the evening session and were soon praising and worshiping the Lord in joy and amazement!

That was the end of that! Strangely, it was hard for the witnesses to accept the reality of what had

transpired. They distanced themselves and there was no further discussion of the event - as if it

hadn’t really happened.

STOP DEADLY THINGS! Poison, Serpent/Scorpions, Harmful Water/Food/Chemical

Exposure, Toxins, etc. Mark 16:14-18 “And afterward he was manifested unto the eleven

themselves as they sat at meat; and he upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart,

because they believed not them that had seen him after he was risen. And he said unto them, Go

ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to the whole creation. He that believeth and is

baptized shall be saved; but he that disbelieveth shall be condemned. And these signs shall

accompany them that believe: in my name shall they cast out demons; they shall speak with new

tongues, they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall in no wise hurt

them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” (See Luke 10:19 re: serpents and

Beware and on alert and discerning when you find yourself in or on the scene of particularly

strange, freakish, unlikely, or bizarre “accident” scenarios. I think more often than not, such are

opportunistic demonic attacks. (They could also be judgment scenarios, where God cuts

someone off.) I think in many of these cases, God has allowed it for a reason and that believers

on the scene are afforded a special opportunity to step up to the plate and hit one out of the

ballpark - defeating and triumphing over the enemy. If you “feel” and hear the Spirit activate you

with discernment, energy, knowledge and wisdom to act, do so and defeat the adversary for the

glory of the Lord. Often, this scenario opens hearts to the Gospel, encourages the saints and

becomes a crossroad milepost in your faith and walk with the Lord.

scorpions). How do we understand these passages and apply them practically?

A guest speaker stepped up to the podium in a class I attended. During the course of the lecture,

she picked up a white plastic cup on the podium that appeared to be filled with drinking water. It

was hot and she quickly downed a thirst quenching gulp. She suddenly gasped and choked and

fell back as if to vomit, turning red and in great distress. It turned out that someone had filled the

cup with a whiteboard cleaning agent in order to clean the whiteboards for the lecture. This was

some type of denatured alcohol based cleaner and poisonous! When we realized what was

happening, I got the Mark 16 scripture immediately. I rallied the class to agree with me in prayer

and quoted this scripture out loud with authority over her and rebuked the poison and any effect

on her body! She washed her mouth out several times with newly supplied fresh drinking water

from a student’s bottle, spitting out the residue. Within a matter of minutes, with the class laying

hands on her and around her, she declared herself to be OK and resumed the lecture. There were

no after effects. Who know’s what the effect on her may have been?

In the course of the spiritual warfare of this life, we will all encounter all kinds of potentially

deadly threats, be they actual poisonous snakes or insects, or figurative snakes and scorpions

meaning real demonic entities; or especially in missions, contaminated food and water, etc. We

are to always be on alert, take normal safety provisions and precautions. But, reality is that we

will be exposed to deadly threats at various times and for such, we are equipped with the

provisions of God’s Word. If we are not unbelieving and fearful disciples, we can take up the

weapons of the Word to defeat these threats. “All things are possible to them that believe!”

When we take time to sincerely pray over our food and drink and consecrate it and give thanks

for it, we can defeat dangerous organisms and potential sickness and disease and we can receive

the total health giving benefits and qualities that God has put in that food for our bodies.

Dehydration is a leading cause of death - usually due to diarrhea caused by water born illnesses.

If you find yourself in a desperate situation with no ability to sanitize available water

(filter/boiling), this is the time to quote Mark 16, then praying over the dirty water and cursing

all bacteria and viruses and toxins, then blessing it and receiving it with thanksgiving in the

NAME!

The scriptural principle seen throughout the WORD is USE WHAT YOU HAVE and bless it in

the NAME! Exodus 23:25 "You must serve only the Lord your God. If you do, I will bless you

with food and water, and I will keep you healthy .

STOPPING IMMINENT SUICIDE! Suicide is the name of a common demon/evil spirit!

It enters people who have been wounded, rejected, hurt, depressed, lonely, etc. to torment them.

People often curse themselves with “death wishes” when emotionally upset or wounded. Besides

this kind of open door, other common ones are occult involvements such as consulting fortune

tellers and witchcraft, drug and alcohol addictions, sexual abuse or sins, and rejection.

Such a demon is quite happy to torment the person with persistent thoughts of suicide and all the

ramifications of it for the rest of their lives. Such a demon would then not have to leave the

person to find a new “home”. Such a demon’s torment actually drives people over the edge to

actually commit the final act. Depending on the person’s personality type, some choose violent

means, some choose passive means (such as drugs), some place themselves in neglect or careless

scenarios in hopes of an “accidental” death.

If you come upon a scenario of actual or suspected imminent suicide, immediately BIND AND

CAST OUT THE SPIRIT OF SUICIDE OUT LOUD! Take authority over the scene and the

person and FORBID THEM TO TAKE ANY ACTION! PLACE THEM UNDER THE

AUTHORITY and PROTECTION OF JESUS CHRIST - OUT LOUD! Ask immediately for

angelic intervention and also bind and cast out any other discerned demons. Immediately

minister the Gospel and the Love of Jesus Christ, warning them of the finality of death and

HELL and leading them to REPENT and CALL ON JESUS! They have been backed into a

hopeless blind corner by this spirit of suicide and attendant spirits (such as rejection,

hopelessness, despair, failure, depression, guilt, shame, etc.) Continue to positively affirm God’s

care and concern for them. “God sent me here to help you!” Your coming on the scene in a

timely manner is proof of that. Speak into them what you “hear” from the Lord - ask for and

expect Word of Knowledge and Wisdom and Discernment for them. Speak the WORD, SPEAK

the NAME! Command them to LIVE and NOT DIE! REBUKE THE SPIRIT OF DEATH

FROM THE SCENE. Talk them down with firm LOVING CONFIDENT counsel from the

WORD. Such a person needs deliverance from many evil spirits. They need to forgive, they

need to repent, they need everything the Spirit shows you to minister. They can be intoxicated -

“Command them to be sober and in their right mind NOW!” (you have this healing and miracle

authority in this situation)

I have cast this demon out of hundreds of people in the last 32 years! Many Christians are

tormented by it repeatedly because they do not discern it as a demon nor understand that

Christians can have demons -so they cope! There are many stories to tell about this. One that is

vivid is a Spirit baptized believer who finally couldn’t handle the torment anymore. She took her

husband’s revolver and ran into her backyard and was about to put it to her chest and pull the

trigger (women typically shoot themselves in the chest and not the head because they do not

want to be seen with their face messed up!). Just as she was about to end her misery, an overwhelming fear came over her like she had never experienced and she dropped the gun and

ran back into the house in terror! During her deliverance, as I was commanding the spirit of

suicide to come out of her, it spoke through her: “I MIGHT AS WELL LEAVE BECAUSE THE

SPIRIT OF FEAR WON’T LET ME KILL HER BECAUSE IT IS STRONGER THAN ME

AND IT DOESN’T WANT TO LOSE IT’S HOUSE!”. (This demon was getting the last lick in

by exposing the spirit of fear’s presence in her, thus assuring that it would also lose it’s house!)

Yes, demons are tormented tormentors -they fight with each other inside people thus adding to

their victim’s confusion, torment and misery.

Suicide is serious business - never gloss over any mention of suicide or death wish spoken in any

manner by anyone. If the word comes out of their mouth, they are thinking about it, and likely

being tormented by the demon of suicide. You must take them seriously and minister life to

them. Never walk away from this person without confronting them and ministering

life/deliverance to them to the extent they will agree.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BREAKING THE POWER OF SUICIDE AND DEATH WISH!

1. Pray in tongues! -hear from the Holy Spirit what the root issues/the open door is that brought

the demon of suicide in. Why is the person’s life in crisis? You may receive a Word of

Knowledge or a picture, etc. Take Authority! Out Loud – bind the spirit of suicide and death!

Deny satan any authority to cause harm!

2. Minister REPENTANCE - explain it, walk them through confession of known sin - occult

contact, false religion, addictions, sexual immorality, dishonoring father/mother, etc. Renounce

the sin by name! Be thorough and call it like God’s Word calls it!

3. Minister the Gospel and Salvation!: Repent, Be Baptized, Receive the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38

They must believe on and call on Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord!

4. Minister Inner Healing ask the Holy Spirit to show the person what/when/how it happened

and bring reconciliation with God. Have the person ask God for mercy and grace and to

experience God’s love and presence in a real way (could be vision, dream, remembrance, etc.)

Minister Forgiveness - no forgiving of others, no deliverance! Pain is caused by believed lies!

5. Minister Deliverance - cast out the demons associated with repentance. Especially the spirits

of REJECTION, Self-Rejection/Hatred, SUICIDE/DEATH WISH, DEATH, DEPRESSION,

Guilt/Shame, etc.

6. Praise and Worship God!

7. Connect the person with follow-up discipleship. The enemy will try to return!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MINISTER SALVATION TO THE DYING, THE UNCONCIOUS, THE COMATOSE!In

addition to taking authority and forbidding DEATH, commanding LIFE, and dealing with any

imminent conditions as the Spirit leads you, you must positively minister DEATH BED

SALVATION to the person - be they conscious or unconscious. Get right down in their face -

hold their face in your hands! Eye to Eye or Mouth to Ear! Command them to REPENT and

CALL ON THE NAME OF JESUS ASKING FOR SALVATION! Tell them they may be dying and this is their only hope and they must act now or go to Hell! Do this insistently, loudly,

persistently - quote salvation scriptures such as John 3:16.

Disregard all onlookers and distractions! Be absolutely resolute and committed to this critical

need!

At this point, if you can engage the person to pray and cry out to the Lord do it! If they are not

able to respond being semi-conscious or unconscious, continue to minister insistently - all the

while commanding them to stay in their body - rebuking the spirit of death, commanding

healing, etc. “All those who call on the NAME of the Lord shall be saved!” In this life and death

situation, the Lord has you there because He is merciful and unwilling that any should perish.

This is a “thief on the cross” situation and God is willing to save a dying sinner who will offer

the weakest cry for salvation and mercy.

Note: The unconscious, even long term comatose people, who eventually become conscious,

often report that they could hear and even see but could not respond to their surroundings.

Remember, we are body, soul, and spirit. The body can be incapable of responding but the spirit

and soul of the person can be ministered to with or without bodily faculties in operation. NDE

(near death experience) survivors report being out of their body but still being able to see and

hear everything going on around them. I consider a person in such a condition to be prime

listeners to the Gospel. Do preach to them, do pray for them, do counsel them, do turn on

Christian music/TV/radio for them to be ministered to by. Do lead them in prayers of repentance

and salvation and encourage them. Do lay hands on them, do anoint them with oil, do minister

healing and deliverance to them. If they are known believers, minister communion to them by

placing the bread dipped in the wine into their lips momentarily. Have the faith of God!

Command them to LIVE!, to WAKE UP in the NAME! Prophesy the WORD of the LORD over

them: “(you) shall not die but live and declare the works of the Lord!” PS 118:17 Sing and

praise and worship God with them! Never say DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

DEAD MAN DYING! - DEAD MAN WALKING? I was teaching “Outreach Preparation” to

a class of new missionary candidates. In the process, I gave a short provocative teaching on how

to “raise the dead” and immediately, a hardline cessationist student objected strongly to any such

thought including miracles and healings, etc. for today. When he went on his 2 month outreach

to Fiji, his outreach team started hospital visitations. In the process, this man encountered a dying

near death patient who was semi-conscious – he was expected to die at any moment! The student

prayed for his salvation** and read him salvation scriptures, explaining the Gospel to him even

though he was not responding. He felt a burden for this man and returned the next day, expecting

him to be dead. The dying man continued to live day by day and finally was able to pray a simple

prayer of salvation. The student began to disciple the patient in the Gospel, leading him to

repentance and to forgive people he had been bitter toward, etc. The doctors were shocked that

the patient was not only living on, but was actually recovering nicely over a period of a couple

weeks. Before the outreach ended, the patient was able to walk out of the hospital and return

home, vowing to serve Christ. He was so grateful for his miraculous healing and deliverance

from death and hell. The student returned from the outreach being fully amazed at the recovery

and outcome. Having heard the testimony, I happily congratulated him on his “raising the dead”

experience!     **salvation Greek term is: SOZO which means: healed, made well, made whole,

preserved, raised from the dead, delivered from demons: Mt. 14:36, Luke 8:36, 8:48-50, Acts

4:9-12, 14:9, 2Tim. 4:18. 1 Peter 2:24: He personally carried away our sins in his own body on

the cross so we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. You have been healed by his wounds

(stripes)!

Ministering Healing - How You Can Do It! Kerry Slattery

kslatte@msn.com

Mark 6:7-13 “......preach repentance.......drive out demons........anoint sick people with oil........heal them!

How You Can Heal the Sick by Simply Going and Doing: Mark 6:7-13;16:15-20; James

5:13-16, Matt. 10:1,7-8!

Rely solely on obedience to the Word of God and the Person of the Holy Spirit! Just begin to

obey by doing and emulating the instructions and patterns of God's Word, while trusting in the

guidance and empowerment of the Holy Spirit. Grace! The minute you rely on your own

righteousness, experience, character, knowledge, zeal, ministry gifting, understanding, faith, etc.

you are disqualified. Know your healing authority scriptures!* You are acting in obedience to the

Great Commission, establishing and enforcing the Kingdom of God on earth, obeying and

glorifying Jesus Christ. When and where you go in faith and obedience to His Word, He leads

and then confirms with signs and wonders. Go – Do it!

*Isa. 53:4-5; Exod. 15:26; Ps. 103:2-3, 107:20; Matt. 10:1,7-8 &18:18-20; John 14:12; James 5:13-16, Mark

16:15-20

Jesus never prayed for the sick or demonized! He commanded healing and deliverance relying

solely on the power and authority of the Holy Spirit's anointing. To minister healing or

deliverance: speak healing commands, quote scripture, anoint with oil, lay on hands, cast out

spirits, exercise gifts of the Spirit, counsel/qualify the recipient to receive healing, etc. as the

Spirit leads. The time to pray or intercede is before and after ministering healing/deliverance

commands. It's all about GRACE!

Do not rush into ministering ! Listen to the Holy Spirit for instruction or revelation just before

and during healing/deliverance ministry – you may receive needed pictures, discernment, or

instructions which will provide the key to break through hindrances such as lies, unforgiveness,

unconfessed sin, unbelief/strongholds/curses, demons, false doctrines, etc. Look and Listen! Be

thorough, methodical!

Get to the root/heart issues! Ask specific questions! Don't assume anything! Act as an

intercessor /priest. Minister salvation assurance, minister confession, repentance and forgiveness

of sin, minister faith in the promises and provisions of scripture, minister the love and mercy and

grace of Christ, minister the Cross and Blood Atonement of Christ, minister spiritual warfare

binding&loosing and deliverance, minister praise, thanksgiving and worship. Activate the

recipient's faith and defeat passivity, engage recipient in testing/moving/speaking! Insistdemand-

persist-repeat! Trust God at it!

Work as and respect team. Have a leader, work in agreement and harmony. Matt. 18:19 “...if

two agree on earth...it will be done for them...” Listen to the person &Holy Spirit! Conferencestrategize!

Be prepared. Jesus received His instructions through prayer and intimacy with His Father daily.

Fasting and prayer ignites: anointing, faith and righteousness, power and authority. Ask the

Holy Spirit to qualify you by searching your heart, convicting you of any unrighteousness or of

peace. Do not assume anything – ask! You are to act on the mandate of the Word and thus

glorify Christ.

Just Do It! Lay hands on affected areas of sickness/pain (if appropriate) – respect cross

gender/culture protocols-touching is scriptural but not required unless the Holy Spirit leads you

to do so. Speak to the issue, command healing, quote/apply scripture, rebuke pain/sickness

command it to leave now!, quote scripture promises/authority, cast out spirit of infirmity, etc. as

discerned, anoint with oil as led by the Holy Spirit, command body/immune system/organs to

function normally, bind/loose, engage the recipient in agreement and action to receive healing

and test for results, minister healing to the spine/nervous system/brain (check

legs/arms/hips/back/neck for alignment-release pinched nerves affecting pain/organ function),

command symptoms to leave, command restoration or new organs, do prophetic actions,

release!/let Holy Spirit power and anointing flow out of you! Give thanks! Worship!

TIME TRAVEL/PLACE SHIFT! It’s in the WORD believers! Josh. 10:12-14 Joshua was in a

battle and spoke out of need to the Lord! He needed more time! The Lord agreed and Joshua

spoke it: “Sun, stand still..............so the sun stood still..........” You know the story. If you are in

imminent danger and running out of time, ask the Lord in the NAME! ASK FOR MORE TIME

OR LESS TIME AS NEEDED! The Lord our God transcends time and space and can “stop the

clock or speed it up” to save lives and accomplish His will. YOU ASK, YOU SPEAK IT AS

NEEDED in accord with His Spirit’s unction. Same thing goes for travel, speed, direction or

timing or place shifting. Consider the Evangelist Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch in Acts 8:39.

Many have testified to experiencing this in difficult or dangerous situations where this was the

only way out or through. The same with blinding enemies to your presence or existence (Ps.

91):. All these things have been given to us in the WORD for an example unto us that believe.

These are revealed as within God’s will and provision for us that believe. YES LORD! It’s not

God’s fault if you won’t believe these are in your “spiritual tool box”, for use when needed and

approved by the Lord. Faith is always rewarded! I believe this kind of experience is far more

common than we think. God intervenes daily in our lives to protect us and move us according to

His destiny for us- after all, we authorize this when we make Him Lord! God’s action to

time/place shift us is often so fast and often only in such small increments. It is often the

difference between life/death and we don’t notice it or simply shrug it off as misperception.

Beware of inconvenient “delays” or “roadblocks” or “detours” in your day. Often they are

engineered by angels to save your life from accidents and dangers. You will only know the extent

of God’s mercy and grace throughout your life when you finally get to heaven and see the

videos! All the more reason to trust God and praise Him through your day’s ups and downs.

I have experienced strange events in driving where I was on my normal route home and

determined to get there. Suddenly as I approached an intersection, this firm thought and

command came to me: TURN HERE! And before I could think about this, I found myself

turning there - I did it but it was not voluntarily! As I did, I was perplexed about what had

happened.

At that point, I was already on an involuntary detour. Things went smoothly and I arrived home

by a different route without anything happening, nor any understanding of why this happened. I

will only know in heaven why this happened. Meanwhile, I am trusting the Lord to be my pilot,

navigator and engineer. It would be wise for us all to commit all our travel situations to the

Lord’s complete sovereignty and intervention, especially the “routine and ordinary” ones!

AFTER YOU HAVE DONE EVERYTHING - TO STAND! After you have done everything

the Spirit has led and energized you to do in the midst of your emergency, activate your

NUCLEAR OPTION! PRAISE AND WORSHIP! Stand up, raise your hands and voice to

heaven and praise and worship your LORD!

Consider this vision given to a believer praying about a potentially dangerous mission the Lord

was leading him to do: He saw an angel (with the appearance of a young man) being sent to earth

on a vital mission as a messenger. As he was nearing his assigned target, suddenly he was

ambushed and surrounded by a hideous demonic horde. They closed in on him and began

advancing with menacing weapons! It was an impossible onslaught. It was dark. The angel was

no match for one of these demons’ size and strength wise. Suddenly, the angel dropped to his

knees, totally ignoring his attackers, he faced heaven-wards, he began to praise and worship

God! At that instant, a shaft of blinding brilliant light and power beamed down upon him and his

attackers were violently thrown head over heals backward! They shrieked and screamed in terror

as they fled in all directions! Yes, let God arise and His enemies be scattered!

2 Chron. 20:21-23 “And when he had taken counsel with the people, he appointed them that

should sing unto Jehovah, and give praise in holy array, as they went out before the army, and

say, Give thanks unto Jehovah; for his loving kindness endureth for ever. And when they began to

sing and to praise, Jehovah set ambushes against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir,

that were come against Judah; and they were smitten. For the children of Ammon and Moab

stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they

had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another.”

Some DANGER-SCRIPTURES!

Luke 10:19 “Behold, I give you authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the

power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Psalm 23:4-5 “ Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,

For you are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in

the presence of my enemies;”

Psalm 27:1-3 “The Lord is my light and my salvation, Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the

strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked came against me to eat up my

flesh, my enemies and my foes they stumbled and fell. Though an army may encamp around me,

my heart shall not fear; though war may rise against me, in this I will be confident.”

Heb. 13:5b-6 “...I will never leave you nor forsake you, So we may boldly say: The Lord is my

helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

Psalm 118:17 “I shall not die but live and declare the works of the Lord!”

Psalm 91:1-16

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the

Almighty. [2] I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

[3] Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. [4]

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy

shield and buckler. [5] Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that

flieth by day; [6] Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that

wasteth at noonday. [7] A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but

it shall not come nigh thee. [8] Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the

wicked. [9] Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy

habitation; [10] There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

[11] For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. [12] They shall

bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. [13] Thou shalt tread upon

the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. [14] Because

he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath

known my name. [15] He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in

trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him. [16] With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my

salvation .

Joel 2:32

And anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. There will be people on Mount

Zion in Jerusalem who escape, just as the Lord has said. These will be among the survivors

whom the Lord has called. (also Rom. 10:13 “calling on the NAME”)

Kerry Slattery

YWAM Missionary kslatte@msn.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Scriptural Basis for Raising The Dead

www.believers.org (by permission)

1.The Bible records that Elijah, Elisha, Peter, and Paul raised the dead, as well as

Jesus Christ.

Should we raise the dead?

* Jesus told His disciples to raise the dead. Who’s disciple are you?

MATTHEW 10:8 NKJ

8 "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have

received, freely give.

* Jesus told His disciples they were to teach others to do everything He had commanded

them -- even to the end of the age.

MATTHEW 28:18-20 NKJ

18 Then Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in

heaven and on earth.

19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the

Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with

you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

* Jesus said believers would also do the works that He did.

JOHN 14:12 NKJ

12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do

also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

But, obviously, raising the dead cannot be put in exactly the same category as healing the

sick.

Scripture mentions only three people by name that Jesus raised from death, while

multitudes were healed by Him. But scripture also mentions others being raised

coincidentally “tell John the Baptist that the dead are being raised....”etc. and also that

many others who were in (Paradise) Sheol already, when Jesus was crucified, were raised

when he was resurrected and appeared in Jerusalem to many witnesses.

Healing is God's will for everyone who will receive it, but coming back to earth after

dying is not the will of God for everyone. Notice that almost all the people raised from

death in Scripture were young.

We should never try to raise someone from death unless we are sure it is the will of

God. In this, we must be led by God's Spirit. When we are certain of God's will, we

should command with authority and not give up.

Death is an enemy (1 Corinthians 15:26), and at the Name of Jesus every knee must

bow (Phil. 2:9-10).

Elijah

1 KINGS 17:17-24 NKJ

17 Now it happened after these things that the son of the woman who owned the house

became sick. And his sickness was so serious that there was no breath left in him.

18 So she said to Elijah, "What have I to do with you, O man of God? Have you come to

me to bring my sin to remembrance, and to kill my son?"

19 And he said to her, "Give me your son." So he took him out of her arms and carried

him to the upper room where he was staying, and laid him on his own bed.

20 Then he cried out to the Lord and said, "O Lord my God, have You also brought

tragedy on the widow with whom I lodge, by killing her son?"

21 And he stretched himself out on the child three times, and cried out to the Lord and

said, "O Lord my God, I pray, let this child's soul come back to him." 22 Then the

Lord heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came back to him, and he

revived.

23 And Elijah took the child and brought him down from the upper room into the house,

and gave him to his mother. And Elijah said, "See, your son lives!"

24 Then the woman said to Elijah, "Now by this I know that you are a man of God, and

that the word of the Lord in your mouth is the truth."

Elisha

2 KINGS 4:17-37 NKJ

17 And the woman conceived, and bore a son when the appointed time had come, of

which Elisha had told her.

18 So the child grew. Now it happened one day that he went out to his father, to the

reapers.

19 And he said to his father, "My head, my head!" So he said to a servant, "Carry him to

his mother."

20 When he had taken him and brought him to his mother, he sat on her knees till noon,

and then died.

21 And she went up and laid him on the bed of the man of God, shut the door upon

him, and went out.

22 Then she called to her husband, and said, "Please send me one of the young men and

one of the donkeys, that I may run to the man of God and come back."

23 So he said, "Why are you going to him today? It is neither the New Moon nor the

Sabbath." And she said, "It is well." (She had great faith and it came out of her mouth!)

24 Then she saddled a donkey, and said to her servant, "Drive, and go forward; do not

slacken the pace for me unless I tell you."

25 So she departed, and went to the man of God at Mount Carmel. And so it was, when

the man of God saw her afar off, that he said to his servant Gehazi, "Look, there is the

Shunammite woman.

26 "Please run now to meet her, and say to her, `Is it well with you? Is it well with your

husband? Is it well with the child?'" And she answered, "It is well."

27 Now when she came to the man of God at the hill, she caught him by the feet, but

Gehazi came near to push her away. But the man of God said, "Let her alone; for her soul

is in deep distress, and the Lord has hidden it from me, and has not told me."

28 And she said, "Did I ask a son of my lord? Did I not say, `Do not deceive me'?"

29 Then he said to Gehazi, "Get yourself ready, and take my staff in your hand, and be on

your way. If you meet anyone, do not greet him; and if anyone greets you, do not answer

him; but lay my staff on the face of the child."

30 And the mother of the child said, "As the Lord lives, and as your soul lives, I will not

leave you." So he arose and followed her.

31 Now Gehazi went on ahead of them, and laid the staff on the face of the child; but

there was neither voice nor hearing. Therefore he went back to meet him, and told him,

saying, "The child has not awakened."

32 And when Elisha came into the house, there was the child, lying dead on his bed.

33 He went in therefore, shut the door behind the two of them, and prayed to the Lord.

34 And he went up and lay on the child, and put his mouth on his mouth, his eyes on his

eyes, and his hands on his hands; and he stretched himself out on the child , and the

flesh of the child became warm.

35 He returned and walked back and forth in the house, and again went up and stretched

himself out on him ; then the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes .

36 And he called Gehazi and said, "Call this Shunammite woman." So he called her. And

when she came in to him, he said, "Pick up your son."

37 So she went in, fell at his feet, and bowed to the ground; then she picked up her son

and went out.

Widow's Son From Nain

LUKE 7:11-15 NKJ

11 Now it happened, the day after, that He went into a city called Nain; and many of His

disciples went with Him, and a large crowd.

12 And when He came near the gate of the city, behold, a dead man was being carried

out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the city

was with her.

13 When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, "Do not weep."

14 Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood still.

And He said, "Young man, I say to you, arise."

15 And he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother.

Jairus' Daughter

MATTHEW 9:18-19, 23-25 NKJ

18 While He spoke these things to them, behold, a ruler came and worshiped Him,

saying, "My daughter has just died, but come and lay Your hand on her and she will live."

19 So Jesus arose and followed him, and so did His disciples.

23 And when Jesus came into the ruler's house, and saw the flute players and the noisy

crowd wailing,

24 He said to them, "Make room, for the girl is not dead, but sleeping." And they

laughed Him to scorn.

25 But when the crowd was put outside, He went in and took her by the hand , and the

girl arose.

MARK 5:22-24, 35-43 NKJ

22 And behold, one of the rulers of the synagogue came, Jairus by name. And when he

saw Him, he fell at His feet

23 and begged Him earnestly, saying, "My little daughter lies at the point of death. Come

and lay Your hands on her, that she may be healed, and she will live." (He had great

faith and it came out of his mouth!)

24 So Jesus went with him, and a great multitude followed Him and thronged Him.

35 While He was still speaking, some came from the ruler of the synagogue's house who

said, "Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further?"

36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He said to the ruler of the

synagogue, "Do not be afraid; only believe." 37 And He permitted no one to follow

Him except Peter, James, and John the brother of James.

38 Then He came to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and saw a tumult and those

who wept and wailed loudly.

39 When He came in, He said to them, "Why make this commotion and weep? The child

is not dead, but sleeping."

40 And they laughed Him to scorn. But when He had put them all out, He took the

father and the mother of the child, and those who were with Him, and entered where the

child was lying.

41 Then He took the child by the hand , and said to her, "Talitha, cumi," which is

translated, "Little girl, I say to you, arise."

42 Immediately the girl arose and walked, for she was twelve years of age. And they were

overcome with great amazement.

43 But He commanded them strictly that no one should know it, and said that something

should be given her to eat.

LUKE 8:41-42, 49-56 NKJ

41 And behold, there came a man named Jairus, and he was a ruler of the synagogue. And

he fell down at Jesus' feet and begged Him to come to his house,

42 for he had an only daughter about twelve years of age, and she was dying. But as

He went, the multitudes thronged Him.

49 While He was still speaking, someone came from the ruler of the synagogue's house,

saying to him, "Your daughter is dead. Do not trouble the Teacher."

50 But when Jesus heard it, He answered him, saying, "Do not be afraid; only believe,

and she will be made well."

51 When He came into the house, He permitted no one to go in except Peter, James, and

John, and the father and mother of the girl.

52 Now all wept and mourned for her; but He said, "Do not weep; she is not dead, but

sleeping."

53 And they laughed Him to scorn, knowing that she was dead.

54 But He put them all out, took her by the hand and called, saying, "Little girl, arise."

55 Then her spirit returned , and she arose immediately. And He commanded that she be

given something to eat.

56 And her parents were astonished, but He charged them to tell no one what had

happened.

Jesus Raised Lazarus

JOHN 11:38-44 NKJ

38 Then Jesus, again groaning in Himself, came to the tomb. It was a cave, and a stone

lay against it.

39 Jesus said, "Take away the stone." Martha, the sister of him who was dead, said to

Him, "Lord, by this time there is a stench, for he has been dead four days."

40 Jesus said to her, "Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the

glory of God?"

41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead man was lying. And

Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me.

42 "And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by

I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me."

43 Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come

forth !"

44 And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face

was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, "Loose him, and let him go."

Jesus Answers John The Baptist

MATTHEW 11:4-5 NKJ

4 Jesus answered and said to them, "Go and tell John the things which you hear and see:

5 "The blind receive their sight and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf

hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

LUKE 7:22 NKJ

22 Then Jesus answered and said to them, "Go and tell John the things you have seen and

heard: that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead

are raised, the poor have the gospel preached to them.

Peter Raises Tabitha

ACTS 9:36-42 NKJ

36 At Joppa there was a certain disciple named Tabitha, which is translated Dorcas. This

woman was full of good works and charitable deeds which she did.

37 But it happened in those days that she became sick and died. When they had washed

her, they laid her in an upper room.

38 And since Lydda was near Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they

sent two men to him, imploring him not to delay in coming to them.

39 Then Peter arose and went with them. When he had come, they brought him to the

upper room. And all the widows stood by him weeping, showing the tunics and garments

which Dorcas had made while she was with them.

40 But Peter put them all out, and knelt down and prayed. And turning to the body

he said, "Tabitha, arise." And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up.

41 Then he gave her his hand and lifted her up; and when he had called the saints and

widows, he presented her alive.

42 And it became known throughout all Joppa, and many believed on the Lord.

Paul Raises Young Man

ACTS 20:7-12 NKJ

7 Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread,

Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until

midnight.

8 There were many lamps in the upper room where they were gathered together.

9 And in a window sat a certain young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a

deep sleep. He was overcome by sleep; and as Paul continued speaking, he fell down

from the third story and was taken up dead.

10 But Paul went down, fell on him, and embracing him said, "Do not trouble

yourselves, for his life is in him."

11 Now when he had come up, had broken bread and eaten, and talked a long while, even

till daybreak, he departed.

12 And they brought the young man in alive, and they were not a little comforted.

God

JOHN 5:21 NKJ

21 "For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives

life to whom He will.

ACTS 26:8 NKJ

8 "Why should it be thought incredible by you that God raises the dead?

LUKE 20:38 NKJ

38 "For He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him.

Edited by Kerry Slattery on 07/29/2012 at 4:09pm

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07/21/2012 at 11:55am | IP Logged Quote Moderator

Kerry, I have not yet read the entire article, have you personally been present when the dead were raised to life?

Edited by Moderator on 07/21/2012 at 12:29pm
View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator
Kerry Slattery

Posted: 07/23/2012 at 6:00pm | IP Logged Quote Kerry Slattery

Yes. I have had multiple hands-on death scene encounters where I sought permission from the Lord to intervene and raise dead people - one of these resulted in a remarkable resurrection as described in "My Experience" in the article -the others received a "no".  In my opinion and experiences, it is easier to raise a dead person back to life (when the Lord sanctions), than it is to heal a Christian -this due to roadblocks of unbelief, unforgiveness, disobedience, false belief, etc. You don't have to get any "cooperation" from the dead person! Some death bed healing ministry encounters are most certainly more remarkable than raising the dead esp. when the person has out of the body experiences and or when they receive salvation in the process right on the edge of Hell! I am in the process of figuring out how to edit the article with an updated version in the coming week. Raising the dead scenarios are not your everyday experience for most of us but we should be ready to glorify the Lord everyday of the week - right?   Grace! Kerry

Kerry Slattery

Posted: 07/28/2012 at 2:06pm | IP Logged Quote Kerry Slattery

NOTICE:   This article has been updated with additional material as of 7/28/12.   Kerry Slattery

For additional understanding concerning demons/deliverance, please refer to OpenHeavens main page and read articles under the (left hand column) topic: Is Deliverance Ministry Your Answer?

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 07/30/2012 at 7:32am
View Kerry Slattery's Profile Search for other posts by Kerry Slattery
Rita Nelson

Posted: 04/08/2013 at 4:21pm | IP Logged Quote Rita Nelson

Wow!!! Loved your message.  Kind of long, but well worth it.  I have to read your re-do of it now.  I couldn't stop reading.  You just can't go to the library and read stuff like this. Ands you can't just talk to anyone about this stuff.  Especially in the USA and California. The Lord has told me I will raise people from the dead.  I have prayed over people.  but I realized that I would jump in with compassion for a hurting person and not stop to ask the Lord what HE wants done, or a word of knowledge, etc.  I have prayed over two death beds and spoke to their man spirit and I believe that they both accepted the Lord.  Yeah God.  God got me to the hospital just a few hours before they each passed.  

A friend of mine had lung cancer and the doctors passed the death sentence in her of 6months to live.  Her family just sat around saying "poor Beverly"  and I kept on praying life and healing and cursing the cancer.  etc.  I asked the Lord and He told me to pray, pray, pray.  I did a lot.  Then He said she was  healed. And I felt released.  I thought she would be getting better, but When I saw her a week or two later she was way worse.  I said "Lord, I thought you said she was healed?" and he said "She is, in the spirit".  A few weeks later she died.  I felt in my spirit that my praying was counteracting the death sentence from the doctors and her family.  They didn't realize what they were doing.  I was very disappointed.  Any thoughts?

Thanks again for this wonderful posting. 

Rita

View Rita Nelson's Profile Search for other posts by Rita Nelson
Kerry Slattery

Posted: 04/11/2013 at 12:07am | IP Logged Quote Kerry Slattery

Thank you for your response and testimony Rita! You are walking in His footsteps! Please continue to be expectant for the Lord to use you with Signs Following as He pleases............and He is pleased with your zeal to fulfill His will and purposes in doing the Great Commission! Raising the dead is good, raising the dying is better and it's more work, but it's more rewarding I think. There are "dead men/women dying" everywhere - just watch people at the supermarket or malls or streets or in your neighborhood.

Endeavor to be in the "right place at the right time" by being in the Spirit daily. Yes, Jesus had to constantly deal with unbelief in both disciples (he had to rebuke them frequently) and unbelievers - so will you! Use your authority to clear the scene and or minister faith (scripture) and then do what the Spirit shows you to do, do not be distracted nor discouraged by others. (esp. "the church")!

Feel free to email: kslatte@msn.com

Grace to you Rita!

Kerry

Jeff Kingshott

Posted: 11/13/2013 at 9:22am | IP Logged Quote Jeff Kingshott

Kerry it only takes one WORD  Jesus . The rest is usng the word 

Numbers 21:17-18

17 Then Israel sang this song:

Spring(RISE) up, O well! Sing to it!
18 “The well, which the leaders sank,
Which the nobles of the people dug,
With the scepter and with their staffs.”

This is the word of God speaking short andd sweet to The wellspring in them

2 Kings 4:31-35

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

31 Then Gehazi passed on before them and laid the staff on the lad’s face, but there was no sound or response. So he returned to meet him and told him, “The lad has not awakened.”

32 When Elisha came into the house, behold the lad was dead and laid on his bed. 33 So he entered and shut the door behind them both and prayed to the Lord. 34 And he went up and lay on the child, and put his mouth on his mouth and his eyes on his eyes and his hands on his hands, and he stretched himself on him; and the flesh of the child became warm. 35 Then he returned and walked in the house once back and forth, and went up and stretched himself on him; and the lad sneezed seven times and the lad opened his eyes.

REMOVE ALL DOUBT FROM THE AREA !

Mark 5:35-43

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

35 While He was still speaking, they *came from the house of the synagogue official, saying, “Your daughter has died; why trouble the Teacher anymore?” 36 But Jesus, overhearing what was being spoken, *said to the synagogue official, Do not be afraid any longer, only believe.” 37 And He allowed no one to accompany Him, except Peter and James and John the brother of James. 38 They *came to the house of the synagogue official; and He *saw a commotion, and people loudly weeping and wailing. 39 And entering in, He *said to them, “Why make a commotion and weep? The child has not died, but is asleep.” 40 They began laughing at Him. But putting them all out, He *took along the child’s father and mother and His own companions, and *entered the room where the child was. 41 Taking the child by the hand, He *said to her, Talitha kum!” (which translated means, Little girl, I say to you, get up!). 42 Immediately the girl got up and began to walk, for she was twelve years old. And immediately they were completely astounded. 43 And He gave them strict orders that no one should know about this, and He said that something should be given her to eat.

Jeff Kingshott

Posted: 11/13/2013 at 9:30am | IP Logged Quote Jeff Kingshott

TO "RECEIVE" YOUR HEALING "BREAKTHROUGH " STAND FIRM !

My Love for you is amazing!
So allow me to love you by letting go of "all" the woes that encumber you for I AM your Peace and Joy.

"Rise up oh well for The Voice Of
Many Waters
is calling to you for his glory
" !!!

“And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.” (Revelations 1:15)

Galatians 5:1

It is "for" freedom that Christ "has" set
us FREE
! "Stand firm then" and do not let yourselves be
burdened again by a yoke of slavery
!

Psalm 34

[A Psalm] of David; when he pretended to be insane before Abimelech, who drove him out, and he went away.

1 I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

2 My life makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble and afflicted hear and be glad.

3 O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.

4 I sought (inquired of) the Lord and required Him [of necessity and on the authority of His Word], and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

5 They looked to Him and were radiant; their faces shall never blush for shame or be confused.

6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.

7 The Angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him [who revere and worship Him with awe] and each of them He delivers.

8 O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good! Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him.

9 O fear the Lord, you His saints [revere and worship Him]! For there is no want to those who truly revere and worship Him with godly fear.

10 The young lions lack food and suffer hunger, but they who seek (inquire of and require) the Lord [by right of their need and on the authority of His Word], none of them shall lack any beneficial thing.

11 Come, you children, listen to me; I will teach you to revere and worshipfully fear the Lord.

12 What man is he who desires life and longs for many days, that he may see good?

13 Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit.

14 Depart from evil and do good; seek, inquire for, and crave peace and pursue (go after) it!

15 The eyes of the Lord are toward the [uncompromisingly] righteous and His ears are open to their cry.

16 The face of the Lord is against those who do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their distress and troubles.

18 The Lord is close to those who are of a broken heart and saves such as are crushed with sorrow for sin and are humbly and thoroughly penitent.

19 Many evils confront the [consistently] righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

20 He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken.

21 Evil shall cause the death of the wicked; and they who hate the just and righteous shall be held guilty and shall be condemned.

22 The Lord redeems the lives of His servants, and none of those who take refuge and trust in Him shall be condemned or held guilty.

Jeff Kingshott

Posted: 11/13/2013 at 2:43pm | IP Logged Quote Jeff Kingshott

Your GReat name says it all !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCg3HU1jhVA  Your Great Name

Angie Wings

Posted: 07/03/2014 at 12:40pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Wings

In light of your post, Mr. Slattery, I cannot help but ask: How is Shelby these days?
View Angie Wings's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Wings

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version