Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04/22/2009 at 6:50am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Vain Imaginations
By Ron McGatlin
One of the major goals of mankind is quality and length of life. The pursuit of happiness and freedom are considered noble goals in western civilizations. From our youth, independence and self-government are presented as desirable in the pursuit of happiness and freedom. Since the fall of Adam, a primeval desire of mankind has been to be free of all restraints and to experience the pleasure of fulfilled needs and desires. Self-preservation and fulfillment in life are among the most basic priorities of every animal living on the planet including humans.
Most dreams of life are woven from our basic desires. The visions we cast as we imagine potentials for our lives will establish the priorities from which decisions are made. In modern language of today, God could be asking this question for us to consider, “How is that working for you?”
Life lived for the benefit of the one who is living it is vanity. Emptiness awaits the one who seeks fulfillment in the dust of humanity. In the end, apart from seeking the real kingdom of God, life is all vanity. Even the noblest goal of man to give their life to help others to have a better life can be empty in the end without the kingdom of God. There is truly internal reward of gratification and increased blessing in our lives for blessing and helping others. However, if we lay down our lives to help others, and the ones we help do evil toward others and do not seek the kingdom of God, then what value or worth is there in what we have done? Is it not empty of lasting or eternal value? Is not our sacrifice in vain? At the end, to have lived a life apart from seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness is to have never really lived at all.
His righteousness involves obedience to His ways.
The drive to find fulfillment and purpose in life apart from God and His kingdom leads to vain imaginations. We imagine peace and joy will come as we accomplish the next dream of our hearts. We strive and reach to have more, be more, or do more. Each accomplishment brings, at best, a momentary satisfaction. There may be a temporary thrill of victory but quickly it becomes empty, and we are left to reach for another dream. If we gather a lot of money it is never enough to bring us joy and fulfillment that endures. The secure feeling and peace of mind of having much money stored up is soon shattered as it seems to take wings and is gone in the wind. We are again left empty of the fulfillment of real significance in our lives.
Prov 23:5: Will you set your eyes on that which is not? For riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away like an eagle toward heaven.
Eccl 1:2-4: "Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher; "Vanity of vanities, all is vanity." What profit has a man from all his labor in which he toils under the sun? One generation passes away, and another generation comes; but the earth abides forever.
Eccl 12:13: Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all.
Ultimate significance in life comes as we become one with God in His purposes. Seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness aligns us with the purpose of God for our lives. Walking in the Spirit of God endues us with His attributes to carry out His purposes and results in righteousness, peace, and joy, in the Holy Spirit. There is rest in the kingdom of God. Aligning with anything else by seeking first anything else leads to unrighteousness, lack of peace, and no joy in another spirit. There is no rest for our soul and spirit outside the kingdom of God. The blessings of God are upon the person who walks in the spiritual kingdom of God.
Psa 1:1-6: Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
Psa 2:1: Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing?
Kingdom age culture is different from church age culture.
For the most part, church age culture missed seeking the kingdom first. Kingdom age culture is beginning to be developed among an emerging generation of kingdom seekers and Spirit walkers.
One of the characteristics of church age culture is the token acknowledgement of God added into the lifestyle of the people. Attending services giving offerings and paying a clergyman to do the spiritual stuff while the pew people focus on seeking many other “good” things of life first. God is honored in words but not in the practical reality of life. Seeking the kingdom first does not mean seeking church activities first. It does not mean seeking relating to others in community first. Neither does it mean seeking to be a good family man first. Some of these things and others will have significant value for all who seek the kingdom first. However, in the end all are vanity without seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness first.
Mat 15:8-9: 'These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'
Many if not most Christians do not have a clear view of what the kingdom of God really is and what it is not. There is need for knowing what the kingdom really is that we are to seek first in life. It may not be easy to give our lives in seeking a generic concept of vague definition that is subject to many interpretations of natural minds.
For a greater understanding of the kingdom we are to seek, I heartily recommend experiencing the “Kingdom Growth Guides” available for free download at archive.openheaven.com .
Practical Kingdom of God Living
Christians have a tendency to see everything about the kingdom of God/heaven as religious and church-related. Is seeking the kingdom of God more than receiving Jesus as saviour, reading the Bible, and praying? These things are certainly primary to seeking the kingdom, but the kingdom involves one’s entire life. Attending church services one or two days a week and tithing ten percent of one’s income is not the whole thing. God wants the other six days and the other ninety percent to seek Him as well. God is more concerned about the six days and the ninety percent than the one day and the ten percent.

Seeking the kingdom of God means, in part, ordering one’s entire life by the sovereign rule of God.
It means walking in the Spirit of God, and dying to one’s self-life to the extent that Jesus can live within and rule every aspect of one’s life.
It means allowing the grace of God to empower one to overcome sin and weaknesses in one’s life.
It means to be so in tune with the love of God that serving God by serving Jesus in others is a natural result.
It means being so filled with the life of God by His Spirit that power and enthusiasm naturally flow from the life.
It means feeling the pain of others’ needs and becoming a part of the solution to meet their needs.

It means that there is nothing that even comes close to God in our lives. It means that without Him, we would have no life. But with Him we have abundant life, overflowing life - life flowing to others and the world around us, as rivers of living water.
It means we may become very active and busy serving God by serving others. Seeking the kingdom of God will probably result in our getting up earlier, and being more active in doing whatever God has given us to do. It may result in one becoming so active serving God by serving others, that one has neither time nor desire to watch hours of mindless TV, or play hours of useless video games.

Spectator religion and sports may no longer be the focus of one’s life. Seeking the kingdom may mean getting up from one’s seat in the grandstands and getting out on the playing field of real life. Involvement in the all-consuming adventure of truly seeking the kingdom of God and His righteous way of doing and being, in the real world, is far more exciting than watching any sports team, TV program, or video game, in the fantasy world.

Seeking the kingdom of heaven does not mean seeking God as a part of one’s life (Jer 29:13). It means seeking the kingdom of God to come forth in one’s daily living and the will of God to be done in one’s entire life (Mat 6:10). It means seeking God’s direction for one’s life activities such as: education, vocation, avocations, relations and recreations; and it means seeking His power to do the things He directs one to do (Prov 3:6) (Zec 4:6) (Phil 4:13).
Mat 6:33: "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”
For more practical kingdom of God living read “Basileia Letters – Volume 1&2” available for free download at archive.openheaven.com .
Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

Edited by Moderator on 04/23/2009 at 8:12am
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Mandy Gay

Posted: 04/22/2009 at 7:13am | IP Logged Quote Mandy Gay

Wey hey, yes!

To seek to know His ways and to resolve to walk in them, eager to pay whatever the cost might be to our self-life.  Living a life totally devoted to Him and His ways.  Oh what joy!

View Mandy Gay's Profile Search for other posts by Mandy Gay
Denise Detwiler

Posted: 04/22/2009 at 8:15pm | IP Logged Quote Denise Detwiler

I would highly recommend the Basileia Letters as well as the Growth Guides!
I can't remember how many times I read "Letters"...and, even though I have
the same paperback copy I originally received a few years ago, it seems to
have different things added to its pages each time I have read it. And I have
the book from which the Growth Guides were based..actually have been
thinking about Basileia Letters again recently. And if I were to read it again
would probably find it rewritten yet again. (my printed copy)
View Denise Detwiler's Profile Search for other posts by Denise Detwiler
Mandy Gay

Posted: 04/23/2009 at 2:29am | IP Logged Quote Mandy Gay

Hi Ron,

Was thinking how what you're saying reflects what is necessary for marriage.  In that we have to leave mother and father, in order to cleave to our spouse.  In the same way we have to leave the things of this world, in order to cleave to Christ. 

I remember hearing a friend explaining that many of the marriage problems being experienced in this part of the world, are due to the fact that many of the men have failed to leave mother, and so are trying to live with both mother and wife at the same time.  A recipe for disaster!

Love Mandy

View Mandy Gay's Profile Search for other posts by Mandy Gay
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 04/23/2009 at 9:55am | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

YES YES YES!!!! RON...

Edited by Lyn McSweeney on 04/23/2009 at 9:56am

Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 04/23/2009 at 6:19pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Ultimate significance in life comes as we become one with God in His purposes. Seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness aligns us with the purpose of God for our lives. Walking in the Spirit of God endues us with His attributes to carry out His purposes and results in righteousness, peace, and joy, in the Holy Spirit. There is rest in the kingdom of God. Aligning with anything else by seeking first anything else leads to unrighteousness, lack of peace, and no joy in another spirit. There is no rest for our soul and spirit outside the kingdom of God. The blessings of God are upon the person who walks in the spiritual kingdom of God.
Psa 1:1-6: Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 04/23/2009 at 6:25pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Denise, I seem to remember you read "Overcoming Lif On A Small Planet"  number of times as well.

Mandy, amen on cutting the apron strings to the old life.

Lyn, Yes I can tell the Lord is spending a lot of time with you lately.

Ron

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 04/23/2009 at 6:26pm
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 04/23/2009 at 7:12pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Lyn, Yes I can tell the Lord is spending a lot of time with you lately.

Yes Ron he is and it has been awsome such a comfort..

I wrote this shortly after Frank and also my dear aunt passed away...

It is all about where God has you “at”

It’s not about a chair where someone once sat

It all about acceptance of what he has done

It is all about Jesus the HOLY ONE

It’s not wanting the things he hasn’t planned for you

It is hearing HIS voice giving clear view

It is seeking HIS kingdom more than mans

It is seeking HIM and asking HIS plans

HIS plans for your life not your own

It is laying your crown upon his throne

For it is not about you it IS all about HIM

It is being obedient letting HIS ways win

It is all about where God has you at

It is not about the chair where someone once sat

So you may want things different but trust HIM and see

And you will end up being where he wants you to be

You will end up empowered filled with HIM alone

You will sit there with Jesus at Fathers throne

For it’s not about the things that are of this world

It’s about letting Father turn us into pearls

Into precious jewels just right for his crown

So lets be obedient and don’t make him frown

It’s not about a chair where someone once sat....

Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 04/23/2009 at 8:37pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

Amen Ron! You said it all.....
View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests
Denise Detwiler

Posted: 04/24/2009 at 5:13am | IP Logged Quote Denise Detwiler

Ron - Apparently "the memory of the righteous is blessed" (Prov)!! I hope
that when I am 76 I will have this same memory (good things only I hope)
hmmmm...I wonder if the uncluttering of the memory of the person through
repentance, cleansing and healing makes way for this clear sharp memory. A
detoxification....keeping a clean slate..all that.

Hah! Yes that one and Seventh Millennium I have read a few times with the
same results. And Of course the bible, especially after several times through
the gospels, seems to grow too. "I Saw the Smithton Outpouring" is just
plain fun. Have read it two or 3 times too.

I have begun reading "letters" again already. Good stuff!
View Denise Detwiler's Profile Search for other posts by Denise Detwiler
Larry Denton

Posted: 04/24/2009 at 8:16am | IP Logged Quote Larry Denton

Dear Ron ...

" Deep Water"... as Bro.Steven Bliss shares via His Post " Don not Linger"

And this is deep , but the Body of Christ must not fear to move out of that waht suspendes them in the days to come.

I speak of this word you have shared....

His righteousness involves obedience to His ways.

One must ... and can ...as Our lord Allows us to learn that one can do inthe fleah. manifesting a vai imaganation. Learn because if we are given to honor His Righteous Ways, then we are resolved in Spirit to honor His ability to suspend us in His Revelation.

Without revelation ( I speak of current revealtion vai the Holy Spirit ) one must resolve him or herself in a vain imaganation of all those things of what God can do, nver think of what He can be ...

I like the following Word... Finally

Philip. 4:8 (KJV) 
    Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

To "think is to use our imaganation , but it is to be place on those thing that We are becomeing , not waht we can do, for many can co , but few can be found int he peace of Our King.

His way is a a matter of Righteosunees . and to move in it is to bear that eternal Character of Our Lord , Who is Christ... that is a matter of being obedient to imagaination how things realte in "Truth"....presenting an honest appraoch to honoring all that is a matter of His Creation. those things that are :

are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

In His Peace ... we are able to imaganation , so as to see and feel His love of "us" relating to one another in a Righteous Way...

Thanks ... Bro Larry

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 04/25/2009 at 2:01pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Larry wrote:
Quote:
His way is a a matter of Righteosunees . and to move in it is to bear that eternal Character of Our Lord , Who is Christ... that is a matter of being obedient to imagaination how things realte in "Truth"....presenting an honest appraoch to honoring all that is a matter of His Creation. those things that are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Amen, Larry, Let truth fill our imagination with "honest approach to honoring all that is a matter of His creation" the lovely the good, things of virtue and praise. Amen

Ron

Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 04/25/2009 at 2:05pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Lyn wrote:
Quote:

I wrote this shortly after Frank and also my dear aunt passed away...

It’s not about a chair where someone once sat

It all about acceptance of what he has done

It is all about Jesus the HOLY ONE

It’s not wanting the things he hasn’t planned for you

It is hearing HIS voice giving clear view

It is seeking HIS kingdom more than mans

It is seeking HIM and asking HIS plans

HIS plans for your life not your own

It is laying your crown upon his throne

For it is not about you it IS all about HIM

It is being obedient letting HIS ways win

It is not about the chair where someone once sat

So you may want things different but trust HIM and see

And you will end up being where he wants you to be

You will end up empowered filled with HIM alone

You will sit there with Jesus at Fathers throne

For it’s not about the things that are of this world

It’s about letting Father turn us into pearls

Into precious jewels just right for his crown

So lets be obedient and don’t make him frown

It’s not about a chair where someone once sat....

Amen Lyn, Beautiful true words from God - So be it.

Ron

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 04/25/2009 at 2:07pm
Larry Denton

Posted: 04/27/2009 at 8:24am | IP Logged Quote Larry Denton

Lyn....

I too bear witness to this....

To account for where we are ”at" is to look at the past and the present , but to be found at peace where we are "at" in the present it to be in Our Lord rest ... a manifestation of being found at  rest when we are in His present... It a Kingdom experience...

Where our kid is, those of us who are fathers is foremost in our minds, and in this love ....we know where they are "at'...

Physically and mentally yes, but more so in the Spirit

Thanks....

Posted: 04/27/2009 at 5:37pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Larry Denton wrote:

Lyn....

I too bear witness to this....

To account for where we are ”at" is to look at the past and the present , but to be found at peace where we are "at" in the present it to be in Our Lord rest ... a manifestation of being found at  rest when we are in His present... It a Kingdom experience...

Where our kid is, those of us who are fathers is foremost in our minds, and in this love ....we know where they are "at'...

Physically and mentally yes, but more so in the Spirit

Thanks....

YES AMEN LARRY!!!

Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 04/29/2009 at 7:22am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Seeking the kingdom of God means, in part, ordering one’s entire life by the sovereign rule of God.

It means walking in the Spirit of God, and dying to one’s self-life to the extent that Jesus can live within and rule every aspect of one’s life.
It means allowing the grace of God to empower one to overcome sin and weaknesses in one’s life.
It means to be so in tune with the love of God that serving God by serving Jesus in others is a natural result.
It means being so filled with the life of God by His Spirit that power and enthusiasm naturally flow from the life.
It means feeling the pain of others’ needs and becoming a part of the solution to meet their needs.

It means that there is nothing that even comes close to God in our lives. It means that without Him, we would have no life. But with Him we have abundant life, overflowing life - life flowing to others and the world around us, as rivers of living water.
It means we may become very active and busy serving God by serving others. Seeking the kingdom of God will probably result in our getting up earlier, and being more active in doing whatever God has given us to do. It may result in one becoming so active serving God by serving others, that one has neither time nor desire to watch hours of mindless TV, or play hours of useless video games.
SET YOUR AFFECTION ON THINGS ABOVE.
Ron

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 04/29/2009 at 7:23am
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 04/29/2009 at 2:33pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

YES RON AMEN!!!!

JoniJenkins

Posted: 06/16/2010 at 10:59pm | IP Logged Quote JoniJenkins

Ron, God has lead me to this Open Heaven site now for one full year. The more I visit the more I feel God's mighty hand in this Forum. Thank you so much for allowing all of us to be our own person...We can talk about our unique relationship with Christ.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version