Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06/19/2009 at 6:13am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Box Canyons and Dead Ends

By Ron McGatlin
God continues to release increased light in this time of shaking and change. Situations that we have viewed for a long time seem to be illuminated more clearly almost daily. It is like a cover is being removed and the view of the kingdom materializes in the people's vision. The pieces seem to come together with precision and clarity. Much that we have known and practiced is being shaken. It is being exposed as inaccurate or incomplete in light of the kingdom. Even some strong beliefs that the church in general has held on to for hundreds of years are being clearly exposed by the Holy Spirit and altered or replaced with kingdom truth. We are on an amazing journey and have reached a pivotal point in this spiritual journey that began in the first century.
Referring back to our previous analogy of the covered wagons crossing the USA to settle the west and our spiritual journey, the Spirit is speaking some things relative to making it through to the end of our journey to kingdom. There are enemy forces that will do all they can to stop people from participating in the kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven. The enemy employs many devious schemes using many snares and diversions to hinder or stop the people in their journey toward New Jerusalem lifestyle on earth. There is a strong resistance to the kingdom.
Mat 11:12: "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence and the violent take it by force.”
Jesus Is the Way
Christ Jesus is the trail, the road, the highway that we must follow. He is the leadership that will guide us unto the Father and all He has promised. Jesus is the strength and the wisdom to make the journey into the kingdom of God lifestyle.
John 14:6: Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
 It is the Spirit of Christ living in us by the Holy Spirit that enables each of us to lay down our life to the death of our self-life and become one with God. Abiding in Christ and He abiding in us releases His resurrection life into us and through us.
Rom 8:9: ….the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
Rom 8:11: But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
Rom 8:14: For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Our journey involves the process of Christ in us overcoming our self-life and all that the enemy has planted into us of the fallen world’s ways. This is a journey we must willingly volunteer for and fully give our entire hearts and lives into.
Taking a Wrong Trail
Along the trail of life headed toward the kingdom of God lifestyle one of the devious schemes of the enemy is to cause us to take a wrong turn off the trail onto another. One of the most serious mistakes that can be made is to take a wrong turn into what looks like a good trail that appears to go in the direction of the desired destination. However, the end of it is a box canyon with steep walls in all directions leaving no way to move ahead. The only option is to turn around and go back to where the wrong turn was made. This can be a long journey of wasted time, strength and resources of life. The enemy will set up many spurious dead-end trails to divert travelers from their course.
If we follow any other trail other than Christ Jesus, we will not arrive at New Jerusalem the ruling city of the kingdom of God on earth. If we are following after a religion with its forms, rules, and future projections, we are not on the way to New Jerusalem. If we are led by political philosophies and agendas or worldly wisdom and natural reasoning, we are not moving toward the kingdom of God. If we follow after or seek anything first in our lives above the kingdom of God and His righteousness, we are on the wrong trail traveling into a box canyon and will arrive at a dead end.
The Religious Trail
Many believers have come to a place in their religious church experience where they say within themselves something like this, “There has got to be more. This can’t be all there is. There must be more to God than what I am experiencing.” They have come to the end of a box canyon and cannot move forward.
There journey may have begun on the right trail and started really well in coming to know Jesus as Savior and learning the Bible. It was exciting to hear of the love of God that caused Jesus to go to the cross to die to save us from our sin. Life got a lot better and fellowship was good. There was a fresh cleanness and sense of well-being at meetings. It was the time between the meetings when old sinful habits and fleshly desires wore away our goodness and caused us to slip again and again. Our focus was consumed with our daily battles and temptations.
Finally, for some of us after falling away and becoming in disfavor with our group, we came into contact with the baptism of the Holy Spirit and received power to resist our temptations. Then we learned to praise and experience God’s presence in meetings and were thrilled with the joy of it.
Yet, we were still absorbed in ourselves, our joy, our healing, our sacrifices and eventually our ministry to others. We felt really alive when we ministered powerfully to others . So why in the world were we still not truly satisfied? How could it be that even in all this our thoughts were that there must be more than this? Still something was missing and we knew not what. Soon there was no place further to go and we cried out to God for more, more revival, more of His presence, something to help us with our lack of deep inner satisfaction.
We turned to other things to fulfill our needs for joy and satisfaction. Many turned to “acceptable” worldly pleasures and entertainment for excitement. Some turned to gathering worldly possessions and expensive toys. Some built big churches or big ministries with lots of prestige and great offerings. Many slipped into romantic involvements that brought temporary excitement. Soon every foolish, lustful, sinful practice of the fallen world was being perpetrated to restore excitement and pleasure to our lives. While we were doing it we were keeping up a Christian religious facade. Were we trying to replace the loss of the fresh exciting spiritual life of moving onward toward the real kingdom of God?
(Author’s note: I use the first person because I am part of the church and not altogether from personal experience.)
Of course, I know this was not exactly the same for everyone but in general many have lost vision and find the trail they were following has ended in a box canyon experience.
Moving back to following Christ Jesus and seeking the kingdom
All religion followed to its end leads to a place of being walled in on all sides. The early church began on the good trail to the kingdom of God. A wrong turn into religion was made not long after the first century apostles left the scene. There is both a church-wide many centuries old religious trail that departed from the trail of Christ Jesus and His gospel of the kingdom. There is also for many a current individual scenario taking place. Both of these have come to a dead end in a box canyon.
We have all been involved in this journey down the wrong trail. We are either yet in the canyon moving toward the dead end wall or we have turned around and are coming back out. From this deep box canyon there is no view except straight up. Those who settle here can only wait for Jesus to come and lift them out to heaven. There is no view of Christ and His kingdom now on the earth available to those who settle in the canyon. As far as some can see this world is only a dead end. All hope for victorious life is in heaven after this life or in the bodily return of Christ to take them to heaven.
Some believe this world and all that is in it belongs to the devil. They only wait to die or for Jesus to come down and lift them from the dark box canyon where there is no hope for kingdom in this lifetime.
Others who would not settle have received great light that there is more but it cannot be seen over the religious canyon walls. The horizon is very near on three sides blocking the view. However, God has sent His messengers with the great news that there is a real kingdom beyond their limited horizon. This is one of the most glorious happenings of modern times. The incredible reality of intimate relationship with God and Christ Jesus as the way to the kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven is being restored to the called out holy people of God. The bright light of the kingdom is again shining forth on earth and many are leaving the darkness and coming to the light.
The only way out of the box canyon is to turn around and go back down the trail until we reach the place where the wrong turn was made and get back on the right trail. Back to Jesus and out of religion. This means leaving behind much of what we had received while on the wrong trail. Like the journey into religion, the journey out is made one step at the time. Without the Holy Spirit to comfort and empower us and bring increasing enlightenment of the kingdom we would not successfully make the journey back to following Jesus and seeking the kingdom first.
The journey out can be more difficult than the journey into religion. For me personally it was like a death experience. Until I received the fresh light of the gospel of the kingdom, no one could have told me that portions of what I believed and taught had been derived from intellectual discernment of the Bible and doctrines of demons or traditions of men passed down from the ages of darkness through religious systems that functioned without the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Much of what I had fought to defend and to keep pure was actually fallacious doctrines. The false teachers and false prophets I thought I was fighting against were no more false than much of what I had been taught and was teaching to others.
Back On the Right Trail
The view is awesome. The horizon is far away and kingdom reality is in view and already functioning in our lives. There are no more walls of limitation. Life is no longer without purpose, it is no longer about us or for our pleasure. It is all about Jesus and His pleasure. We are so fulfilled and our part in the kingdom becomes clear. We are a part of the Body of Christ bringing forth His kingdom to change the world. The power of God working within us causes our lives to be productive. The work God gives us to do provides us with a sense of significance.  Actively putting Christ and His kingdom first in our lives causes us to be humble servants with a sense of fullness, satisfaction and rest in our lives. His presence through the Spirit fills us with joy. Even in persecution we are not beat down but fully at rest in Him.
Following Jesus and seeking the kingdom brings hope and victory into our lives no matter what our situation. We are strengthened to do the mighty works of God bringing hope to all who will receive.
Mat 11:29-30: "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
Mat 6:33: "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”  
Mat 6:10: Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
For more on the journey from religion to relationship in the kingdom, the Kingdom Growth Guides and other books are available on this site for free download.
Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

Edited by Moderator on 06/22/2009 at 2:29pm
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
mariateresatee

Posted: 06/19/2009 at 10:58am | IP Logged Quote mariateresatee

"The view is awesome. The horizon is far away and the kingdom reality is in view and already functioning in our lives. There are no more walls of limitation. Life is no longer without purpose and is no longer about us or for our pleasure. It is all about Jesus and His pleasure. We are so fulfilled and our part in the kingdom becomes clear. We are a part of the Body of Christ bringing forth His kingdom to change the world. The power of God working within us causes our lives to be productive and a sense of significance in the work God gives us to do. Actively putting Christ and His kingdom first in our lives causes us to be humble servants with a sense of fullness, satisfaction and rest in our lives. His presence through the Spirit fills us with joy and even in persecution we are not beat down but fully at rest in Him."
The view is indeed awesome, brother Ron!

View mariateresatee's Profile Search for other posts by mariateresatee Visit mariateresatee's Homepage
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 06/19/2009 at 4:10pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

YES AMEN RON THANK YOU!!!!!

Gayle Getz

Posted: 06/19/2009 at 11:02pm | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

Amen. And thank you, Ron, and ALL here,,,have been listening to the Word as we sleep-actually 24/7 the Word goes forth on a continuous replay tape(back in the 8-track & tape days), to the CD player to the computer these days... I have found myself asking, "ABBA, when did YOU put that sentence in the Word?" Heard it with these ears on the side of my head, but NOW am hearing with my spirit. It is, 'like a cover is removed' and KINGDOM TRUTH is coming STRAIGHT through! HALLELUJAH TO KING JESUS!!! Love you ALL-prayin' & decreein' & rejoicin'-More of YOU JESUS, & less of me.

Bojo Sun

Posted: 06/20/2009 at 6:52pm | IP Logged Quote Bojo Sun

Ron McGatlin wrote:

Taking a Wrong Trail
Along the trail of life headed toward the kingdom of God lifestyle one of the devious schemes of the enemy is to cause us to take a wrong turn off the trail onto another. One of the most serious mistakes that can be made is to take a wrong turn into what looks like a good trail that appears to go in the direction of the desired destination. However, the end of it is a box canyon with steep walls in all directions leaving no way to move ahead. The only option is to turn around and go back to where the wrong turn was made. This can be a long journey of wasted time, strength and resources of life. The enemy will set up many spurious dead-end trails to divert travelers from their course.
If we follow any other trail other than Christ Jesus, we will not arrive at New Jerusalem the ruling city of the kingdom of God on earth. If we are following after a religion with its forms, rules, and future projections, we are not on the way to New Jerusalem. If we are led by political philosophies and agendas or worldly wisdom and natural reasoning, we are not moving toward the kingdom of God. If we follow after or seek anything first in our lives above the kingdom of God and His righteousness, we are on the wrong trail traveling into a box canyon and will arrive at a dead end.

I found these warning are most relevant in this particular time for all of us...
View Bojo Sun's Profile Search for other posts by Bojo Sun
RoxanneBarrett

Posted: 06/21/2009 at 9:04am | IP Logged Quote RoxanneBarrett

Hope fills my heart and soul.  I can see we are getting 'there'.  May the Lord undo all that is not Him in us, layer upon layer, until it is all unraveled, laying at our feet, and we step out and walk on, leaving it behind, forever!!

Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06/22/2009 at 6:53am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Thank God for all of you who read this that are not settled in the canyon but have the pontential to be messengers to a waiting world of religious people who need more.

Others who would not settle have received great light that there is more but it cannot be seen over the religious canyon walls. The horizon is very near on three sides blocking the view. However, God has sent His messengers with the great news that there is a real kingdom beyond their limited horizon. This is one of the most glorious happenings of modern times. The glorious truth of the reality of intimate relationship with God and Christ Jesus as the way to the kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven is being restored to the called out holy people of God. The bright light of the kingdom is again shining forth on earth and many are leaving the darkness and coming to the light.

Ron

View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06/22/2009 at 9:18pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

Someone forwarded your article "Box Canyons and Dead Ends
By Ron McGatlin" to me yesterday. I don't often make comments 'to the author' but I just wanted to say I enjoyed it and found much truth in it.

My personal view of what was written can be summed up in one paragraph...

Ron's entire article boils down to one simple truth. Renouncing religion in favor of living in relationship. Doing all the do's in the world will save no-one. Renouncing all the don'ts will not bring lasting change either. Both are dead ends. Only through a moment by moment living relationship, regardless of life's daily 'trials' will one find and grow into a genuine spirit relationship that not only saves but changes one day by day, moment by moment, into the Savior's likeness.

Ron McGatlin is clearly on the true path of learning to walk in a constant state of moment by moment fellowship with the Savior rather than trying to live by all the do's and don'ts of religion.

Thanks and have a great day. Pat R., Canada
View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator
Mary Chretien

Posted: 06/23/2009 at 6:27am | IP Logged Quote Mary Chretien

Hi Ron, and all ( Help) .... I feel with the Holy Spirits guidance I have made the U turn out of the Box Canyons and Dead Ends but I am in a place that feels like I don't know where to go from here ..... have not found a church that looks like this to come along side me to help me in this big U turn I have made....... I know that the Holy Spirit is good enough, but I need the fellowship of other on the journey out of the Box Canyons and Dead Ends  at times I feel lost almost running the wrong way.... This word was soooooo good for me it was like Ron spoke right to where I am and what I have been thinking for some time...... Please pray that the Lord will give me more people in my area that are in the same place.

View Mary Chretien's Profile Search for other posts by Mary Chretien
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06/23/2009 at 8:52am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Hello Mary,

Others are also responding to this word in the same way. There are many who are coming out and coming into. Some have contacted me by email and I have responded by email. I am posting one of those replies here for the benefit of others.

I very much want to help you. Without knowing you or more about you I am limited to speaking broadly and not specifically. However, that may be the best starting place. There is a massive emptying that must occur. Most often there is a move out of the religious systems and a longer more difficult move of the systems out of us. Until we get the system out of us we cannot find a place to connect to serve. This is often referred to as a wilderness experience. A time for us to be emptied. The journey back is laying down or dissolving away what we thought we knew about church, ministry and doctrines step by step. And allowing God to refill us with His truth replacing that which was in us that was at best immature.

After beginning to discover life in the Spirit instead of life in the church systems one after another the doctrines I was taught were assaulted by the Spirit. I would hear from the Spirit as God revealed and then go to the Bible to see if it was really there. Often I had to go into the Greek and Hebrew text and definitions to discover that what I was hearing in the Spirit was truth. Because it had not been taught that way in my past church experiences.

After this happened several times I realized that I did not know what was truth and what was untrue among all I had believed. This led to going before God's alter and spiritually laying down and leaving at the alter everything that I thought that I knew and asking Him to give me back any of it that He wanted me to have. Some came back quickly but much stuff never returned and God was faithful to replace it with the gospel of the kingdom as Jesus preached and taught it.

Your experience will not be just exactly as mine or anyone else's. God will take you through what is best for you. However, there will be basic common ingredients. There are materials that will help provide information and keys for the journey.

You probably already have been experiencing some adversity and some loss of things that were important to you in the past including but not limited to relationships. This may continue and may get worse as the strength of your souls is broken and your spirit strengthened.

In recap:
1.You are in process of tearing down the old and receiving greater.
2.  The Holy Spirit is fundamental and primary in this process.
3. You are not ready for service in the old or the new until the transition is complete.
4. There will be some pain involved.

Looking to the next step (it is good if you are married for the two of you to these steps together).
1. Re visit the Baptism of the Holy Spirit if needed. If this is not clear and functioning get Andrew Wommack's books or CDs on the Holy Spirit. You can find them on the internet. Take the time to experience the ministry of these materials to be refreshed and more fully persuaded and actively moving in the Spirit.
2. Begin to absorb and experience the "Kingdom Growth Guides" and at the same time the "Overcoming Life On A Small Planet" book. They will somewhat move together and there are additional illustrations and thoughts in the Overcoming Life book. However, the Growth Guides should be your primary focus. It is important to print out and sign the prayer agreement in the first chapter.
3. If a previous doctrinal view or belief is assaulted seek assurance from the Holy Spirit and wait upon Him to help tear down the old and replant the new. Feel free to communicate further with me as you move along.

Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin
Coordinator OpenHeaven.com

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 06/23/2009 at 10:33am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

This last post was very good Ron.

There are hindrances as well to the U turn and journey out of religion. The biggest one is fear, and the enemy knows what to do to bring fear upon us. But our God is our refuge and help.

Fear of rejection, aloneness, Fear of falling into heresy, cults, etc. The Lord has promised to be with us and be our comforter and friend. He also will not give us a stone if we ask for bread.  If we sincerely desire to know truth as He is, we can be sure He will not let us swallow error that leads to destruction.

Another hindrance is Intimidation by existing church "authority" that keeps many bound in fear in the canyon. Truly He has been and is calling to his sheep to come aside and learn of Him. Men would put fear on you that it is in the shelter of the church structure, "covering"(protection) of leaders, church memberships, or "proper" teachings and doctrines that will keep you free from heresy and cults.

Only one thing that can keep you from continuing to take rabbit trails to falseness, it is in living in loving communion and obedience to Him.  It's time to look to Him and shut out the voices around you keeping you busy with works and words found in men's wisdom. Weariness will overwhelm many who continue to work FOR God, when in reality they are fighting against Him. there is no rest for the wicked. Lets find rest.

Kris

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 06/23/2009 at 11:32am | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

excellent last posting Ron, one of great encouragment in continuing on in the journey!

i'm on the journey too Mary and the loss of all things for the gospel( good news of His Kingdom) sake, He restores one hundredfold...with persecution.  Mrk 10:29-30 as well the loss of all these previous things, are but dung and counted as such...because we are gaining Him!

i think this is important to know as well, Ron wrote "Your experience will not be just exactly as mine or anyone else's."

Ron, thank you so much for such an encouraging word to Mary and all of us on this journey. as in your previous prophetic article, i'll respond again with...wagons ho! : ) ..which more properly may be said as " land ho!' : )

Edited by Kathy Bippus on 06/23/2009 at 11:36am

View Kathy Bippus's Profile Search for other posts by Kathy Bippus
Mary Chretien

Posted: 06/23/2009 at 3:26pm | IP Logged Quote Mary Chretien

Thank you so much  Ron and Kathy for your wonderful guidance I need it so much at this time.... I am surrendering my self to the guidance of the Holy Spirit to teach me as I go on this journey and at times it is not always easy to surrender but I do want to get to the place of freedom.

View Mary Chretien's Profile Search for other posts by Mary Chretien

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version