Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04/27/2010 at 2:02pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Acceptable Offerings
Part 1 – Malachi 1-3

By Ron McGatlin

God is calling for purified, holy, sacrificial love offerings from His people. What offering does God require of us in this emerging kingdom of heaven era? In this season of transformation, it is vitally important to respond to God’s love with fully acceptable love offerings.

Babylonian infected religion has implanted teachings that may be as religious rocks in the otherwise good soil of our hearts. Religious rocks are those strong, hardened, but inaccurate beliefs.  Erroneous beliefs can make it difficult if not impossible for the fruit of the seed of the kingdom of heaven to grow to fruition in our hearts.

What are acceptable sacrificial offerings in the kingdom of God?

Most of us have been well-trained in what the church systems taught that acceptable offerings were. It is wise to sincerely seek the Holy Spirit to bring us the powerful ministry of Christ Jesus to purify our hearts from past religious teachings and plant us with truth of His living word to transform us from within.

The book of Malachi is a vital written word that can help us grasp the end of the Old Testament and the beginning of the New Testament experience of Christ in us. It is the last book of the Old Testament and is loaded with understanding regarding the failures and inadequacies of the Priest-led Temple worship of animal sacrifices and offerings that was passing away. However, it also looked forward with clear presentation of the coming Christ and His work of purification of the people in a way that was not possible in the Old Testament system of sacrifices and offerings. When Malachi was written, the coming of Christ and His purifying works were yet in the future. The book of Malachi is estimated to have been written around 500 years before Christ was born.

The incarnation of Christ Jesus, His crucifixion, resurrection, and subsequent return in the Holy Spirit to indwell His people has provided for the most powerful transformation in the entire history of man. Before Christ came no person experienced the continuous indwelling of the Spirit of God. The Spirit come upon people for a season but did not remain. Intimate relationship with God within man was not possible before the purifying work of Christ. Jesus came to take away sin. He purifies our walk by indwelling those who receive Him and give themselves to Him.

The blood of bulls and goats could not purify man from sin. Christ Jesus, the Lamb of God, became the sacrifice to take away the sin of many (Heb 9:22 – 10:23). The old system of sacrificial offerings was only a pattern or type of what was to come. They were taken away that the real could be established. The sacrificial offerings in the pattern had to be perfect in order to picture the Lamb of God that was to come who was perfect and without sin.

In the first chapter of Malachi, God speaks to Israel of how He loves them and has chosen them above others. He goes on to tell them that they had not properly responded to His love and dishonored Him by bringing unacceptable blemished animals as sacrificial offerings.

Mal 1:8:  And when you offer the blind as a sacrifice, Is it not evil? And when you offer the lame and sick, Is it not evil?....

Mal 1:13:  You also say, 'Oh, what a weariness!' And you sneer at it," Says the LORD of hosts. "And you bring the stolen, the lame, and the sick; Thus you bring an offering! Should I accept this from your hand?" Says the LORD.

God makes it clear that they are cursed because they bring unacceptable offerings to Holy God the great King and LORD of hosts.

Mal 1:14:  "But cursed be the deceiver Who has in his flock a male, And takes a vow, But sacrifices to the Lord what is blemished; For I am a great King," Says the LORD of hosts, "And My name is to be feared among the nations.

In chapter 2 of Malachi God goes into detail how the Priest and the people have their blessings cursed and experience great difficulties because of their unacceptable offerings and disobedience.

In Chapter 3 God speaks of the Lord whom they sought coming suddenly to His temple to be a refiner and a purifier “that they may offer to the LORD an offering in righteousness.”

Malachi was prophetically writing about the coming of Christ Jesus to the world to cleanse and purify a people for God. He came to take away the sin of the world by becoming the once and for all sacrificial offering for sin. After His ascension He returned in the Holy Spirit to indwell and empower the people of God to live righteous holy lives.

The Lord came at Pentecost to dwell in His temple by His Spirit. The process of purification began as prophesied and continues today. It is now becoming intense even with swift judgment because He is near with us. Individuals, tribes, and nations are now and have been experiencing the corrective cleansing fire of God. His intense love is purifying and preparing a holy people in Christ to facilitate the plan of God for Planet Earth.

Who can endure or turn back what God is doing?

Mal 3:2-4) "But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire and like launderer's soap. He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer to the LORD An offering in righteousness. Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem Will be pleasant to the LORD….”

What is the offering required of God from you and me?

What does His love and word call for in those of us who now have the potential to live and walk in the Spirit and relate to the indwelling Spirit of Christ abiding within us?

Rom 12:1-2:  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Our acceptable offering to God is ourselves - our bodies, a holy living sacrifice.

Are we individually and as the church or nation bringing to the great King, the LORD of hosts an impure sacrifice that is a blemished, sick, lame, blind, or stolen offering?

Is there a measure of the contamination of our yet being conformed to this world? Are we as an individual, church, tribe, or nation proving the good, acceptable, and perfect will of God? 

Are we an acceptable offering?

Are we robbing God of the pure, holy, living sacrificial offering of ourselves?

Mal 3:8-9:  "Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, 'In what way have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse, For you have robbed Me, Even this whole nation.

We are due a great cleansing and destined to become powerful holy sons to effect cleansing and restoration to a world in great need. Our great cleansing must begin with our repentance for robbing God by not bringing the required sacrificial offering to God.

Turn to Him with your whole heart.

Be baptized afresh in the Spirit of God.

Let the life of Christ Jesus be formed in you.

Set your affection upon things above.

A tithe will not do. God’s love requires our whole heart and life.

Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 04/28/2010 at 7:12pm
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 04/27/2010 at 2:02pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Acceptable Offerings
Part 2 – Malachi 4

By Ron McGatlin

In chapter four of Malachi the focus moves from purification of a people to purification of the land.

God is preparing a people of purpose. After the purification of a people of God and the maturing of sons, the work of cleansing the world is to be done. There is no need for any to perish. Christ died for all and is available to indwell all who will lose their lives for His sake and receive the life of Christ within by the Spirit.

Christ Jesus came to redeem all that were lost including the world and the planet. All that is within the people of God that is not from God has to be dissolved and replaced with that which is of God. The same thing is true for the world. The old must be done away for the new to be established. The kingdoms of this world must become the kingdoms of our God.

The religious mixtures of the past centuries containing truth from God mingled with other things must be purified. The ways of the fallen world and parts of the Old Testament systems erroneously brought from the old covenant into the new, along with deceptive works of the enemy, must be completely purged.

The glorious Christ Jesus – the King of kings and Lord of lords will manifest in His purified, holy, dead-to-self, and alive-unto-God people. Christ will manifest in His people to cleanse the earth, holy angels working with them. They will arise in the power of the Spirit of Christ speaking oracles of God that are immediately accomplished from heaven into the world.

Mal 4:1:  "For behold, the day is coming, Burning like an oven, And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble. And the day which is coming shall burn them up," Says the LORD of hosts, "That will leave them neither root nor branch.

The tares are removed and the righteous will shine forth.

Mat 13:38-43:  "The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

“Then the righteous shall shine forth as the sun in the kingdom.”

Mal 4:2:  But to you who fear My name The Sun of Righteousness shall arise With healing in His wings; And you shall go out And grow fat like stall-fed calves.

Mal 4:3:  You shall trample the wicked, For they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet On the day that I do this," Says the LORD of hosts.

Mal 4:4:  "Remember the Law of Moses, My servant, Which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel, With the statutes and judgments.

Mal 4:5:  Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.

Mal 4:6:  And he will turn The hearts of the fathers to the children, And the hearts of the children to their fathers, Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse."

Elijah came in John the Baptist at the time of Jesus’ bodily ministry on earth before His crucifixion.

We can know that the coming of Elijah before the coming of the great day was John the Baptist because Jesus said so.

Mat 17:12:  "But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him but did to him whatever they wished. Likewise the Son of Man is also about to suffer at their hands."

We must become acceptable offerings now.

It is more than urgent that God’s people, now in this season, turn from all that occupies the land of their hearts and allow the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Fire of God, to purify and make ready for the greater manifestation of The LORD of Glory.

Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, The LORD mighty in battle. (Psa 24:7-8)

Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 04/28/2010 at 7:12pm
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 04/28/2010 at 9:47pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

God’s love requires our whole heart and life.

Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 05/03/2010 at 12:39pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Lyn McSweeney wrote:
God’s love requires our whole heart and life.

Yes, Lyn, Amen!

Jesus said only the person who loses his life will find it.

Mat 10:39:  "He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it. 

Mat 10:40  "He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

Ron

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 05/03/2010 at 12:40pm
Maria Woolston

Posted: 05/04/2010 at 5:52pm | IP Logged Quote Maria Woolston

Ron McGatlin wrote:

Acceptable Offerings

God is preparing a people of purpose. After the purification of a people of God and the maturing of sons, the work of cleansing the world is to be done. There is no need for any to perish. Christ died for all and is available to indwell all who will lose their lives for His sake and receive the life of Christ within by the Spirit.

Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, The LORD mighty in battle. (Psa 24:7-8)

Ron -- I am so greatly encouraged through this word.... God is good....we have received so much encouragement through the Words brought forth from our American brothers and sisters. We are truly grateful for you all and this forum is such a blessing to us. We have so grown in our love for Him and our understanding of Him since being here. The fellowship and the purity of His Word we have received is such a joy to us.

Abundant blessings.
Maria.

Edited by Maria Woolston on 05/04/2010 at 6:04pm
View Maria Woolston's Profile Search for other posts by Maria Woolston
Maria Woolston

Posted: 05/04/2010 at 6:03pm | IP Logged Quote Maria Woolston

Ron McGatlin wrote:

The Lord came at Pentecost to dwell in His temple by His Spirit. The process of purification began as prophesied and continues today. It is now becoming intense even with swift judgment because He is near with us. Individuals, tribes, and nations are now and have been experiencing the corrective cleansing fire of God. His intense love is purifying and preparing a holy people in Christ to facilitate the plan of God for Planet Earth.

Who can endure or turn back what God is doing?

I very much relate to this --- I have recently experienced His cleansing in this area of my life --- a great liberty and joy in Him, an increase of His abiding presence with increasing love for His family and people has followed since this cleansing. Praise His wonderful name!! He is faithful and true.

Abundant blessings,
Maria.
Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 05/04/2010 at 6:04pm | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

I have as well, and He's not done.  I started a thread in the "personal" forum noting how He seems to be correcting a lot of people - out of love of course.

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.
View Jeffrey Stewart's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffrey Stewart Visit Jeffrey Stewart's Homepage
Maria Woolston

Posted: 05/04/2010 at 6:13pm | IP Logged Quote Maria Woolston

Amen Jeffery --- His fire is being kindled within us-- such cleansing and purifying of His people throughout the earth as His servants are obeying Him and labouring in and to love. Only those who love you will correct you.....1 Thess. 5: . But we request of you, brethren, that you appreciate those who diligently labor among you, and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction. And that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work.

Abundant blessings,
Maria

Edited by Maria Woolston on 05/04/2010 at 6:14pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version