Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03/13/2012 at 5:43pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Israel Came to Kadesh Barnea

By Ron McGatlin

There is a fresh move of God before us. The wind of the Spirit will blow upon the fires of God wherever a spark of revival ignites the spirits of those who seek God with their whole hearts.

The joy of the Lord awaits those who will make room for the Holy Spirit to fill their hearts and lives with the life of Christ – those who will unreservedly yield their lives as living sacrifices to be transformed by the renewing of their minds to the mind of Christ. The promise of empowered life by the grace of God unto righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit awaits those who will enter by faith into God’s promised kingdom life.

Failure to Enter the Promised Land

Moses led the children of Israel through the wilderness from slavery in Egypt to Kadesh Barnea at the edge of the Promised Land.

Deu 1:19:  "So we departed from Horeb, and went through all that great and terrible wilderness which you saw on the way to the mountains of the Amorites, as the LORD our God had commanded us. Then we came to Kadesh Barnea.

The chosen people of God were free from the bondage of severe servitude as slaves to Pharaoh in Egypt. They had miraculously come through the great and terrible wilderness to the edge of the promised land of freedom. Yet, they were not able to get free from the restraints of the slave mentality that was within them. Though they experienced the miracle working power of God delivering them from Egypt and through the wilderness, they were still thinking like powerless slaves and did not perceive the awesome power and love of God that was with them to strengthen them to possess the land.

Instead of going in and possessing the land, they sent twelve spies in to spy out the land to evaluate the strength of the inhabitants to see if they would be able to take it, though God had already told them that He had given them the land. Of the twelve spies ten came back with a bad report of what they saw in the land. They saw it was a fruitful and bountiful land. However, with their slave’s mentality they looked with their natural eyes upon the giants in the land and apparently disbelieved the promise of God.

The potential was there to enter into the promised life with God in the land of righteousness, peace, and joy. Two of the spies, Joshua and Caleb, believed God and tried to encourage the people that God was with them to give them strength to take the land.

You know the story, how that the people believed the bad report and all the people turned back to the wilderness for forty years of wandering. The ten spies that brought the bad report suddenly died with the plague and only Joshua and Caleb remained. Every adult person who had received the bad report died over the next forty years in the wilderness having never entered the land of God’s provision.

The entire generation of people failed to enter the promises of God because of the ten who brought the bad report. The bad report of a few had prevented a multitude from entering the greater provision and freedom of God. Only their children who grew up in the wilderness were free from the slave mentality and willing to fully enter into the promise of the Father.

Entering the Promised Spiritual Kingdom Now

We have seen and are seeing this scenario played out again and again. A few who are unwilling or unable to be set free of their present lives of religious prideful mentalities and personal insecurities, take a look at the new land of Holy Spirit outpouring and give an inaccurate bad report of what God is doing. Thereby, at least for a season, they not only fail to enter, they also prevent others from entering into the outpouring of the Spirit of God that is bringing the kingdom of God life now to those who will receive it.

Cities and regions may be affected by the viral spreading of bad reports about the reality of what God is doing. People believe the fearful reports of the spies and never experience the fullness of the truth of the kingdom of God in their lives now.

These people may have come a long way across the wilderness from their past religious bondage or worldliness, yet they are unwilling to release the remaining traditional views from the past that occupy their “promised land” within themselves. They may have traded their bondage to religious systems for another inner bondage of believing that what they desire of the kingdom life is not available to them in this season.

They may be excitedly but erroneously looking ahead to sometime in the future when they believe God will make the kingdom life that they desire available to them or their descendents. In so doing they miss the outpouring of God’s Spirit that is now bringing the life that they desire and with their critical reports they lead others to miss it as well. Their reports tend to squelch the move of the Spirit by turning people back to their belief that what they have is all there is for them now in this season.

The Power of the Eternal Word

Those who listen only to God and seek Him at any cost are overcoming their lingering religious mentalities. They are overcoming their preconceived ideas of what the outpouring of the Spirit and the coming of the kingdom should look like. They are entering into the realm of the Spirit and receiving the spiritual kingdom of God now.

The eternal Word, Christ Jesus, is alive in them by the Spirit of God. The fire of the living Word is burning within and pouring out in prophetic truth that releases the fire of God to burn away the past and release the excitement of the life of God alive and flowing again. Only God can produce such flaming truth that in one moment ignites a real fire from heaven in us, transforming everything and bringing extreme life of God in and through us.

These become laid-down lovers of God. Their previous mind sets and preconceived notions based on natural and religious life apart from living by and walking in the Spirit are wiped away by the glory of the kingdom of God lifestyle. Their love for God and His love in them for others erase all their doubts and fears of unreservedly yielding all they are and all they have unto God to be used as He chooses.

His desires become our desires.

Natural human desires fade in the light of His glory and the presence of His Spirit that fills our spirit and soul. There is no desire to strive or connive to gain or achieve anything in this life. There is no need for more of anything temporal to be fully satisfied and filled with joy of the Lord.

The values of human social order and pretending are repulsive in the reality of His presence and provision. In God’s spiritual kingdom, the masks and fake love of insincere and deceptive human sociality with all of its lies of phony peace and empty flattery have no place in the presence of the love of God. Life is full and truly abundant whether we have much or little of this world’s goods. Our weakness becomes His strength as the promise of the Father, the Holy Spirit, empowers us to overcome and walk in victory over all the works of the flesh and the devil.

His love in us by His Spirit fills us to overflowing with love that is real and endures all things. The outpouring of the Spirit is an outpouring of love that leads to great faith and joyous hope that releases power to rule in righteousness. Thus, the kingdom of God is upon the earth in glory.

The kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. ~ Paul  

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. ~ Paul

Keep on pursuing Love. Love never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 03/14/2012 at 12:42pm
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Gayle Getz

Posted: 03/13/2012 at 8:21pm | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

Ty so very much Ron,,,I can remember when the Kingdom of God coming to earth began 'growing' in me...I had received the revelation of the need to obtain the Mind of Christ...How do I do that Lord? You know it sounded 'so bi'g and non-obtainable,,,then I was prompted by Holy Spirit for the necessity to remove the sin-consciousness and replace/transform/renew to a  righteous-consciousness..It ALL seemed too much at the time-and it was for my pea-brain stickin'-thinkin'...BUT GOD...knowing my every thought took ahold of me, gave me such a hunger for His Living Word,,,I was like a dry sponge @ first but overtime as I placed more of the Word in my heart and asked Holy Spirit to show me, teach me and help me let the old go so I could receive the NEW,,,He was right there every moment of everyday. What an awesome journey it has been and what excitement I have stirring in my heart for, God's Kingdom come; God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Yes Father, Your glory covering the earth as the water covers the sea...Yep, that's me, "a laid down lover of God"! TY JESUS!!!

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 03/13/2012 at 9:09pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

YES YES YES!!!!! BLESS YOU RON!

Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 03/15/2012 at 7:02am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Gayle Getz wrote:
I placed more of the Word in my heart and asked Holy Spirit to show me, teach me and help me let the old go so I could receive the NEW,,,He was right there every moment of everyday. What an awesome journey it has been and what excitement I have stirring in my heart for, God's Kingdom come; God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Yes Father, Your glory covering the earth as the water covers the sea...Yep, that's me, "a laid down lover of God"! TY JESUS!!!

Amen! Gayle, The love for Jesus and the excitiement of His love in you is always evident in the things you write. Thanks for your living word comments. As great and awesome this kingdom life in Jesus by the Holy Spirit is there is excited expectation for even more of His manifest glory as we enter the historic times of transformation that are at hand.

Ron

Ron

View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 03/20/2012 at 6:02pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Those who listen only to God and seek Him at any cost are overcoming their lingering religious mentalities. They are overcoming their preconceived ideas of what the outpouring of the Spirit and the coming of the kingdom should look like. They are entering into the realm of the Spirit and receiving the spiritual kingdom of God now.

The eternal Word, Christ Jesus, is alive in them by the Spirit of God. The fire of the living Word is burning within and pouring out in prophetic truth that releases the fire of God to burn away the past and release the excitement of the life of God alive and flowing again. Only God can produce such flaming truth that in one moment ignites a real fire from heaven in us, transforming everything and bringing extreme life of God in and through us.

These become laid-down lovers of God. Their previous mind sets and preconceived notions based on natural and religious life apart from living by and walking in the Spirit are wiped away by the glory of the kingdom of God lifestyle. Their love for God and His love in them for others erase all their doubts and fears of unreservedly yielding all they are and all they have unto God to be used as He chooses.

Ron

Gayle Getz

Posted: 03/20/2012 at 10:00pm | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

Hi there Ron,,,blessings to you & yours in abundance...since I shared here last I've had numerable bouts with the enemy & cant say as I won the battle right away, but on each count I am up for the WIN! The entering into the realm of the Spirit is a real test OF FAITH...THE TRANSFORMING I'M GOING THROUGH (OR IS IT GOING THROUGH ME?) IS  ERASING DOUBTS & FEARS & BRINGING FORTH THE DESIRE TO BLESS & NOT CURSE EVERYONE & EVERYTHING,,,THIS IS THE KINGDOM-MINDSET & I CAN HONESTLY SAY, "FATHER FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY ARE DOING." BRINGING LOVE WHERE HATE WAS SO PREVALENT.  BRINGING PEACE WHERE CONFUSION & CHAOS REIGNED.  BRINGING THE VERY NATURE OF GOD FORTH TO SATURATE AND BE THE ENVIROMENT, THE VERY ATMOSPHERE IN MY HOME, AT THE STORE, WELL, SAY IT THIS WAY, EVERYWHERE I GO HE GOES & DOMINATES. "NO LONGER I THAT LIVES, BUT CHRIST JESUS LIVING IN & THROUGH ME." HALLELUJAH! MAKES ME WANT TO SHOUT & DANCE HERE-MIGHT AS WELL, GOT MY FEET SHOD WITH THE GOSPEL OF PEACE & MY DANCING PARTNER IS THE "PRINCE OF PEACE".  GLORY TO GOD! Love you ALL

Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 03/21/2012 at 4:43am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Gayle, The precious love of God in you was formed by the grace of forgiveness through much adversity and rejection from those you cared for and sought to bless. You have seen each occurrence become a well spring of more of the pure love of God in your heart as you have walked again and again into that place of total forgiveness for every wrong suffered.

Pain in our lives is never desired and never sought after. Yet, it comes and is our means of increase of love.

Pain plus forgiveness = Increasing LOVE

The actual flow of love wells up within as pain transforms into pure love in our hearts and reflects out of our lives.

I praise God for the ever increasing love He works in your life that is then poured out to others.

For much of the world this same law works in reverse through resenting the pain.

Pain plus resentment = Increasing BITTERNESS

His kingdom is come and His will is done on earth as it is in heaven through His love by grace empowering us by well springs of living love by His Spirit.

Much love and honor,

Ron

Stacey Yerian
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 03/21/2012 at 9:06am | IP Logged Quote Stacey Yerian

View Stacey Yerian's Profile Search for other posts by Stacey Yerian
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 03/21/2012 at 10:34am | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

yes!

View Kathy Bippus's Profile Search for other posts by Kathy Bippus
Quo Wright

Posted: 03/21/2012 at 6:53pm | IP Logged Quote Quo Wright

Yes yes yes!!!!  Like you Gayle I get so excited as I see thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.  What an awesome time to be in the land of the living. 

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Ps 51:10
View Quo Wright's Profile Search for other posts by Quo Wright
Gayle Getz

Posted: 03/21/2012 at 10:08pm | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

Ron, in the past week Holy Spirit has been revealing(some in not so comfortable situations) that 'forgiveness' is a tool to use to fight the enemy...  I've seen over & over again as I forgive, just laugh in the devil's face and declare NO!  I will not be offended with/by this person...  I choose to bless them, forgive them and give the devil NO room in this situation...tellin' Holy Spirit, "I'm on a roll here", and bless God I dont want it to stop! HALLELUJAH!!! About a month ago Holy Spirit led me to minister "why we need to forgive" to a very hurt, wounded and bitter person...  It was one of those 'ground breaker' moments and some fruit is beginning to produce in her heart... Some very sad & devastating circumstances have occurred in her life, but as Holy Spirit has revealed her refusal to 'forgive' opened her heart to the enemy... Now, as I said, I'm being shown how 'forgiveness' is a tool of great power to gain victory, over and over and over again!  YEAH GOD!  TY JESUS!  Love you ALL

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version