Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

OPENHEAVEN.COM DIGEST ARCHIVES
OpenHeaven.com Forum : OPENHEAVEN.COM DIGEST ARCHIVES
Subject Topic: OpenHeaven.com Digest November 08, 2013 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 11/07/2013 at 5:40pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

OpenHeaven.com Digest Publication

In This Issue
1. GREATER PURPOSE
2. THAT ALL MAY SEE....
3. Kingdom Clusters Message Board
4. News Headlines

SUBSCRIBE
OpenHeaven.com Digest

1. GREATER PURPOSE

By Ron McGatlin

For most of us, Father God may have a far greater purpose for our lives than we have been led to believe by the teachings and experiences we have known in our lives thus far. The fresh bright light of the spiritual kingdom life that is being revealed is opening the door for God’s people to enter a life of greater purpose than we have ever even imagined. Lifting our eyes from ourselves to focus on the greater spiritual life in the kingdom of God reality opens the way to greater purpose of life now.

For many centuries the gospel and church activity seemed to mostly be about mankind and the fulfillment of our needs – salvation, cleansed from sin, sanctification, set apart, healed, delivered, made a new creation, gifted, empowered and more. God has indeed supplied the potential provision for every need of man. Every spiritual, physical, mental and emotional need of man has been potentially provided for all mankind. I use the word potential because as far as God is concerned it is fully supplied, yet man must willingly receive what God has done to complete the provision.

What is God’s purpose for a multitude of redeemed perfected human beings – sons of God on earth? What are we being prepared to be and do?

Not having solid true answers to these questions has led mankind to subconsciously esteem ourselves as the focus and primary reason for the marvelous work and provision of full redemption and restoration.

Jesus died to save me from hell and take me to heaven. He was beaten for my transgressions and to provide my healing. He arose from the grave and ascended to the throne in heaven to make intercession for me. He returned as a life giving Spirit of Christ in the Holy Spirit to release His life in and through me. He has come that I might have life more abundantly. Anytime that I call on God He will answer. God loves me and if I were the only person in the world He would have done it all for me.

The question is why, why this costly wonderful provision for the transformation of man from a weak and sin cursed being into a powerful and blessed spiritual being in a natural human body? What is the purpose of this magnificent work and provision of redemption and restoration of man? Does God have a higher purpose for man on earth now as well as becoming fit citizens of heaven someday?

Certainly these truths viewed alone could make one think that it is all about us. He did it all just for us because He loves us. Yes, but that is not the end of what God is doing on planet earth. We are prepared for a valuable purpose beyond ourselves.

Certainly it is truth that God loves us and has given us all that we need to become all that He desires us to be and do. As the children of God becoming mature sons of God and the Bride of Christ, the wife part of the God family on earth, we are very blessed to become one with Him and a part of the work of God on earth with Him.

Thus our purpose in life becomes fulfilling God’s purpose. We are here for Him and His purposes and not our own. We were saved, cleansed, purified and made whole for His purposes. We have no real life apart from Him. To be separated from His purpose in us is to walk in spiritual death while physically alive in this life on earth.

It is truly not all about us and our having the most possible pleasure now and going to heaven when we die. God has a purpose for mankind. All of His provision and preparation is for the accomplishment of a mighty work with God in this life.

The big overall question now becomes, what is God’s purpose for mankind?

The second and more personal question is what God’s purpose is for me and my life and how do I fit into His plan and purpose for mankind?

A non-exhaustive look at some of the general aspects of God’s purpose for man will reveal that there are two major directions of man’s part and purpose. One is toward God and the second is toward His creation. The allegorical symbolic terms used in the Bible for God’s people may shed some light on our purpose.

For example, the terms “bride or wife” and others may speak of purpose toward God. They speak of the intimate oneness relationship with God for which we were created. This includes things like worshiping Him, honoring Him, fellowshipping and intimately communing with Him – becoming one with Him.

While terms like “sons” or “army” and others speak of purpose of God toward His creation. They speak of the purpose of God to manage or care for His creation on Planet Earth, a job for which we were created. This can be seen in every endeavor that meets the needs of mankind and the world around us. People are a part of His creation along with all else in the natural world.

Our purpose can also be seen in the love that fulfills the ways, desires or laws of God. Jesus said it all was wrapped up in two commandments, to love God with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind, and to love your neighbor as yourself (Mat 22: 37-40). Love toward God and love toward mankind God’s created people. We are designed to love God and to love His creation including people and the created things around us that He loves.

Love always serves. Our designed purpose is to serve God by loving Him and love Him by serving His people and the world around us. Whatever work, ministry or occupation we are given in life is for the purpose of serving God by serving His people. The more we serve the more successful we are. God’s plan is not for us to work to get what we need and want. Rather it is to work to serve God by meeting needs of others and His creation around us. The better job we do the more he will give to us to manage for Him. God’s first purpose of our job, business or ministry it to meet the needs of mankind and the world around us.

A Sly Trick of the Merchandiser

The first trick of the enemy is to make people believe that it is all about us, and that we work to get for ourselves. Self-centered life is a very empty way of shallow purpose and lack of abundant life. Secularism teaches that it is about me, and that is all up to me.

Another very cunning trick is propagated through religion. Religion sets something up as a system for people to serve as if it were God. The system takes on a life of its own and soon even those who set it up are serving the system more than they serve God. People are often led to believe that when they serve the system set up by men that they are serving God. The system and a few who control it can become wealthy while the people may eventually become frustrated and disappointed. They thought they were serving God but were only serving a system set up by men, and there is little or no life produced from their giving themselves and their money to serve the system.

Serve God not a system. Large amounts of money are given into systems that do some good but mostly pay large salaries to a few leaders and build elaborate buildings and other facilities or monuments that require more money for operational expenses and maintenance. Huge amounts of funds are consumed or tied up and unavailable. This robs God and His people of what could have been used to truly build the kingdom of God in His people. Fat “church” systems can lead to a hungry kingdom of God, His people.

There is no more exciting and rewarding life than a life filled by God and used of God for His glorious purpose in this life. God has gifted and prepared us for the place of serving Him by becoming one with Him and allowing Him to live in us establishing His kingdom rule of love on earth as it is in heaven. Whether you are used in kingdom business or kingdom ministry His love, power and wisdom will guide and empower you to greater purposes than anything the secular or religious world can offer. There is no loss in giving our all to Him to be and do all He desires in this life.

Now is the time to seek His greater kingdom purpose for our lives. To wait or postpone responding to His calling for our lives is to say no to the greater purpose of God in our lives. To say a full-out hearty yes to God can begin the greater purpose of our lives here on earth. Eternal life begins now and is a quality of life as well as a quantity of life.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit - Rom 5:25.

Live in the Spirit, Walk in the Spirit,

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

2. THAT ALL MAY SEE.….

By Jim Becton

Ephesians 3:9: ....and to MAKE ALL SEE what is the fellowship (stewardship/administration) of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ.

What a statement made by Apostle Paul! This is the same apostle who wrote in Philippians 3:10: THAT I MAY KNOW HIM and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death....

This goes far beyond the thought of just having a personal relationship with Jesus so I can go to heaven someday! He came that we 1) may KNOW Him, and 2) that all May see what is His eternal purpose to be accomplished in the earth. He came from heaven to earth that we might manifest heaven "in" earth! His eternal purpose brings His future and hope (destiny) in us!

Romans 8:29: For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Romans 16:25-27: Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began but now made manifest, and by the prophetic scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--to God, alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen.

Colossians 1:26-29: the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in YOU, the hope of glory. Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, THAT WE MAY PRESENT EVERY MAN PERFECT (mature and complete) IN CHRIST JESUS. To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily.

Jim Becton
Blog http://jimbecton.com/

3. MESSAGE BOARD - for people wanting to connect with others to form clusters of kingdom minded people in your area.

If you would like to locate kingdom minded believers in your area for fellowship, please send your email address and general location to clusters@earthlink.net.

We will establish a private list at OpenHeaven.com and send you an email of any potential contacts in your area.

Please be aware that we will not personally know all of the people on the list and excercise caution in making personal contacts.

4. News Headlines

Graham Crusade to Be Most 'Important' Message Ever
- 11/7/2013
Billy Graham turns 95 Thursday and he plans to ring in his next year by preaching what could be his largest-ever crusade. His son, Franklin calls Thursday's televised sermon truly "anointed." "God has burdened my heart to use my energy to share this important message." To find out when "My Hope America" airs in your area visit Billy Graham's website.

Billy Graham - "With all my heart I want to leave you with truth."
- 11/5/2013
Billy Graham has preached the cross to millions of people around the world—and now he brings the timeless message of hope and redemption in Jesus Christ to America once more. “With all my heart I want to leave you with the truth that He loves you and wants to forgive you of your sins.”a powerful new message from Billy Graham starting November 7. Check your local listings!

The Day God Said 'Go Feed the Strippers'
- 11/5/2013
Then Erin showed up one evening with goodie bags filled with $3,750 worth of extravagant gifts donated by a Mary Kay representative. "She gave me $150 worth of Mary Kay per girl," "That's times 25. Katherine recalled that evening Erin brought the packages. "She had tears in her eyes. 'Why? Why are you bringing us gifts? Why are you showing us love?

Single Payer System Coming If Obamacare Fails?
- 11/7/2013
"If young and healthy people don't buy insurance, the insurance pool gets older and sicker." "That means the younger and healthier drop out further, premiums rise until the whole system collapses." Liberals are saying that the country should give up on it and go to single payer plan. Government takeover of health care -- government being the single payer for health care.

News From British Isles, Ireland, Europe and Worldwide
- 11/7/2013
India: God is at work among children - Christianity 'under attack as never before' - Welsh evangelicals hope for revival - Italy busts 'international child kidnapping ring' - 'Sweetie' catches online predators - Syria: Massacre of Christians, Islamist siege - Egypt: Christians killed in attack on wedding - Half a million Churches to pray for Persecuted Believers - More>

Syria: VBB looks to expand its work in a crisis-riddled nation
- 11/7/2013
“Even Muslims are asking for prayer,” “They’re open to the Gospel. We see a great opportunity for the Church to reach out to Muslims that are in the refugee camps.” A Syrian Muslim said, “We thank Christians because they love us genuinely and don’t differentiate between Muslims or Christians. This shows that their Christ in Christianity is real.’”

Kirsten Powers’ reluctant journey from atheism
- 11/7/2013
She worked for the Clinton administration, became a liberal pundit for the Daily Beast and a regular Democratic contributor to Fox News. On top of that, all her friends were agnostics or atheists. So when God pursued and won her reluctant heart, she was more surprised than anyone else. “I would never adhere to any religion—especially to evangelical Christianity.

Crisis Escalates for Cyclone Victims in India
- 11/7/2013
Several ministries in eastern India report staggering needs as they seek to help victims of Cyclone Phailin. The situation has become critical for hundreds of thousands who remain homeless and destitute. Thousands of coastal homes were seriously damaged or destroyed. Cleanup efforts are underway, but rebuilding will take time and many families have no place to go.

Earthquake update and appeal- Edward johnson -Phillipines
- 11/7/2013
The earthquake totally destroyed about 13,000 homes and damaged another 50,000, with about 340,000 people being displaced. Three main bridges which were destroyed. International reporting has not communicated the real scope of damage and personal suffering or number of homes destroyed. There were 200 deaths, 650 injured, 70,000 are in evacuation centers.

Eritrea: persecution fills prisons, fuels refugee crisis = Plus -- tensions high in Egypt and Pakistan --
- 11/7/2013
Up to 3000 Eritreans flee persecution every month. Their extreme danger was shown by the recent Lampedusa tragedy. The vast majority of over 350 lives lost were Eritreans, most of whom were Christians. Some 1500 Christians are currently incarcerated in Eritrea purely because of their fa ith. On 14 October another young Christian died in captivity.

More News Headlines

Unlimited permission to copy and post or reprint without altering text or profiteering is hereby granted subject to proper credits and inclusion of this web address: http://archive.openheaven.com . However, if an item not written by Ron McGatlin is marked Copyright, you should contact the original publisher for permission to reproduce.

Thank you for forwarding the OpenHeaven.com Digest to your mail list.

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 11/08/2013 at 8:15am
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version