Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 11/07/2013 at 6:39pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

GREATER PURPOSE

By Ron McGatlin

For most of us, Father God may have a far greater purpose for our lives than we have been led to believe by the teachings and experiences we have known in our lives thus far. The fresh bright light of the spiritual kingdom life that is being revealed is opening the door for God’s people to enter a life of greater purpose than we have ever even imagined. Lifting our eyes from ourselves to focus on the greater spiritual life in the kingdom of God reality opens the way to greater purpose of life now.

For many centuries the gospel and church activity seemed to mostly be about mankind and the fulfillment of our needs – salvation, cleansed from sin, sanctification, set apart, healed, delivered, made a new creation, gifted, empowered and more. God has indeed supplied the potential provision for every need of man. Every spiritual, physical, mental and emotional need of man has been potentially provided for all mankind. I use the word potential because as far as God is concerned it is fully supplied, yet man must willingly receive what God has done to complete the provision.

What is God’s purpose for a multitude of redeemed perfected human beings – sons of God on earth? What are we being prepared to be and do?

Not having solid true answers to these questions has led mankind to subconsciously esteem ourselves as the focus and primary reason for the marvelous work and provision of full redemption and restoration.

Jesus died to save me from hell and take me to heaven. He was beaten for my transgressions and to provide my healing. He arose from the grave and ascended to the throne in heaven to make intercession for me. He returned as a life giving Spirit of Christ in the Holy Spirit to release His life in and through me. He has come that I might have life more abundantly. Anytime that I call on God He will answer. God loves me and if I were the only person in the world He would have done it all for me.

The question is why, why this costly wonderful provision for the transformation of man from a weak and sin cursed being into a powerful and blessed spiritual being in a natural human body? What is the purpose of this magnificent work and provision of redemption and restoration of man? Does God have a higher purpose for man on earth now as well as becoming fit citizens of heaven someday?

Certainly these truths viewed alone could make one think that it is all about us. He did it all just for us because He loves us. Yes, but that is not the end of what God is doing on planet earth. We are prepared for a valuable purpose beyond ourselves.

Certainly it is truth that God loves us and has given us all that we need to become all that He desires us to be and do. As the children of God becoming mature sons of God and the Bride of Christ, the wife part of the God family on earth, we are very blessed to become one with Him and a part of the work of God on earth with Him.

Thus our purpose in life becomes fulfilling God’s purpose. We are here for Him and His purposes and not our own. We were saved, cleansed, purified and made whole for His purposes. We have no real life apart from Him. To be separated from His purpose in us is to walk in spiritual death while physically alive in this life on earth.

It is truly not all about us and our having the most possible pleasure now and going to heaven when we die. God has a purpose for mankind. All of His provision and preparation is for the accomplishment of a mighty work with God in this life.

The big overall question now becomes, what is God’s purpose for mankind?

The second and more personal question is what God’s purpose is for me and my life and how do I fit into His plan and purpose for mankind?

A non-exhaustive look at some of the general aspects of God’s purpose for man will reveal that there are two major directions of man’s part and purpose. One is toward God and the second is toward His creation. The allegorical symbolic terms used in the Bible for God’s people may shed some light on our purpose.

For example, the terms “bride or wife” and others may speak of purpose toward God. They speak of the intimate oneness relationship with God for which we were created. This includes things like worshiping Him, honoring Him, fellowshipping and intimately communing with Him – becoming one with Him.

While terms like “sons” or “army” and others speak of purpose of God toward His creation. They speak of the purpose of God to manage or care for His creation on Planet Earth, a job for which we were created. This can be seen in every endeavor that meets the needs of mankind and the world around us. People are a part of His creation along with all else in the natural world.

Our purpose can also be seen in the love that fulfills the ways, desires or laws of God. Jesus said it all was wrapped up in two commandments, to love God with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind, and to love your neighbor as yourself (Mat 22: 37-40). Love toward God and love toward mankind God’s created people. We are designed to love God and to love His creation including people and the created things around us that He loves.

Love always serves. Our designed purpose is to serve God by loving Him and love Him by serving His people and the world around us. Whatever work, ministry or occupation we are given in life is for the purpose of serving God by serving His people. The more we serve the more successful we are. God’s plan is not for us to work to get what we need and want. Rather it is to work to serve God by meeting needs of others and His creation around us. The better job we do the more he will give to us to manage for Him. God’s first purpose of our job, business or ministry it to meet the needs of mankind and the world around us.

A Sly Trick of the Merchandiser

The first trick of the enemy is to make people believe that it is all about us, and that we work to get for ourselves. Self-centered life is a very empty way of shallow purpose and lack of abundant life. Secularism teaches that it is about me, and that is all up to me.

Another very cunning trick is propagated through religion. Religion sets something up as a system for people to serve as if it were God. The system takes on a life of its own and soon even those who set it up are serving the system more than they serve God. People are often led to believe that when they serve the system set up by men that they are serving God. The system and a few who control it can become wealthy while the people may eventually become frustrated and disappointed. They thought they were serving God but were only serving a system set up by men, and there is little or no life produced from their giving themselves and their money to serve the system.

Serve God not a system. Large amounts of money are given into systems that do some good but mostly pay large salaries to a few leaders and build elaborate buildings and other facilities or monuments that require more money for operational expenses and maintenance. Huge amounts of funds are consumed or tied up and unavailable. This robs God and His people of what could have been used to truly build the kingdom of God in His people. Fat “church” systems can lead to a hungry kingdom of God, His people.

There is no more exciting and rewarding life than a life filled by God and used of God for His glorious purpose in this life. God has gifted and prepared us for the place of serving Him by becoming one with Him and allowing Him to live in us establishing His kingdom rule of love on earth as it is in heaven. Whether you are used in kingdom business or kingdom ministry His love, power and wisdom will guide and empower you to greater purposes than anything the secular or religious world can offer. There is no loss in giving our all to Him to be and do all He desires in this life.

Now is the time to seek His greater kingdom purpose for our lives. To wait or postpone responding to His calling for our lives is to say no to the greater purpose of God in our lives. To say a full-out hearty yes to God can begin the greater purpose of our lives here on earth. Eternal life begins now and is a quality of life as well as a quantity of life.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit - Rom 5:25.

Live in the Spirit, Walk in the Spirit,

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 11/08/2013 at 7:40am
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Quo Wright

Posted: 11/07/2013 at 7:14pm | IP Logged Quote Quo Wright

Ron McGatlin wrote:

GREATER PURPOSE

Thus our purpose in life becomes fulfilling God’s purpose. We are here for Him and His purposes and not our own. We were saved, cleansed, purified and made whole for His purposes. We have no real life apart from Him. To be separated from His purpose in us is to walk in spiritual death while physically alive in this life on earth.

This was an awesome word and I'm grateful that God is putting things into perspective.  As I read the above section, I was reminded of what HG said to me this past weekend.  He said His people have been so busy building structures that he gets no pleasure in.  When all they needed to do was come to Him in fellowship and find out what it was He really desired from us.  Everything that man has built by his own wisdom and knowledge is being rejected by God.  The church that He sees right now is not the church He has desired because it wasn't built according to his blueprint.  Then Monday as I slept I continued to hear Him say that in order for Him to build what He desires, He must first tear down what has built with man's hands.  And then today He said, this is what happened and he showed me in the spirit the people building the tower of babel and then He said and this is what I'm going to do and in my spirit he showed me where he confounded the wisdom of man. 

Every thing that can be shaken will be shaken, that includes our ideals, beliefs, our lives and only that which was built on the solid rock will remain.  Only the true foundation will be able to stand as the shaking increases in intensity. If we don't have a solid relationship with Him then when the shaking comes to our personal lives, then what we thought we knew is going to be shaken until it crumbles.  And the fact of the matter is, is that this will be a good thing.  Though it will appear to be devastation, it will actually be deliverance. 

It's just as you said, God's plan for mankind is that he fulfills God's purpose.  And I pray that we all seek God, to know him, and fellowship and find out what His purpose is for ourselves and let that be our greatest focus. And allow the Holy Ghost to have his perfect work in us so that we can be prepared to fulfill this purpose. Because all of the provision that was made for us was for this purpose.  And we'll never be able to fulfill God's purpose without God's spirit.

Great word!!!

Bless you all.....

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Ps 51:10
View Quo Wright's Profile Search for other posts by Quo Wright
Gayle Getz

Posted: 11/07/2013 at 9:05pm | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

Excellently said my precious Brother...I so enjoy and covet the revelation Holy One brings to/through my heart as I read & 'chew' on your many articles, exhortations, prophetic words You've received from Holy One...am blessed beyond words for the many Brothers & Sisters open & sharing the love of God from their hearts/their portion He's given them each...Hallelujah Amen, it is ALL about Jesus and His purpose to reconcile us to Father, to develop the solid relationship with Him and harmonious relationship with one another, to establish His Kingdom on earth and thus fulfilling Father God's purpose He planned from the beginning of creation-Father's desire to love a family and be loved back!!!!!!!!! Yeah God! TY Jesus! \o/\o/\o/ Love you ALL

DeepakTadikonda

Posted: 11/08/2013 at 3:54am | IP Logged Quote DeepakTadikonda

“Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was
raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel,
said, The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.
The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be
just, ruling in the fear of God.”

Of all offices of ministry that’s been world over since time, Ron, I found ruling men
in the fear of the God in a faithless generation the most difficult. Men and women
don’t understand the subservience in serving others or being served. In the end, they
always behave as children sitting in the market places, and for them, ‘as they
understand’ is serving and not what is truly being served.

I bear the marks of serving men in the fear of God. Utter rejections, infinite
scoffing, blatant threats, vilefull disgraces, dogmatic humiliation, relentless
traumas, social quarantines, and being robbed of all resources. Not doling these out as
a complaint, but as practical outline to Serve men in the Fear of the God, which is our
greater purpose.

God bless you and keep you moving in His Spirit in your Kingdom quests.

View DeepakTadikonda's Profile Search for other posts by DeepakTadikonda
Rachel Josef

Posted: 11/08/2013 at 4:29am | IP Logged Quote Rachel Josef

Thank you for this good word. Moving past serving systems is going to
take a massive paradigm shift for many people, birthed and reared
knowing nothing else.   I pray that God in His infinite mercy will open
the eyes of our hearts, to see as He sees, and break open the prison
doors for the millions who are shackled to the systems and believe they
are serving God.
What makes me incredibly sad, is that many in Africa and Asia living at
subsistence levels,( when I been there) have been duped into giving to
a system believing they are giving to God, while their children go
hungry.   50 uSD is what may feed a whole village and they scrape it
together and give, believing God is the receiver.
View Rachel Josef's Profile Search for other posts by Rachel Josef
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 11/08/2013 at 7:56am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Amen!

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
julia nichole

Posted: 11/08/2013 at 3:52pm | IP Logged Quote julia nichole

Serve God not a system, YES, I love it that we serve a break through,
break out God that we cannot keep in a box and just open on a
Sunday.

Amen

Blessings
Julia
View julia nichole's Profile Search for other posts by julia nichole
Jo Berres

Posted: 11/09/2013 at 11:05am | IP Logged Quote Jo Berres

Greetings Ron and all Dear Ones,

Blessed by the excellent article, Ron, and all the posts by the dear ones. It is such a delight to receive these messages and encouragements each week. As we fellowship with God, the Father, through Christ Jesus, in the Holy Spirit every day, it is always good to connect with others who are seeking their place and purpose in the plan of God. So many years spent being religious but now for several years experiencing the intimate relationship with our Creator, has no comparison with what was before. Oh yes, and the best is yet to come and it will NEVER end. HalleluJAH!! Even so come, Lord Jesus!!

It touched my heart; the remark of the one who said about the millions who were still shackled. This is where intercession comes in, in behalf of those who are still where we once were. All glory to God for bringing us out of the system to serve Him ONLY!

In these dark days may His LIGHT and LOVE shine forth from us for others to see, that they may confronted with a choice, to believe or not believe. God have mercy on all of us!!

God's blessings and love to all of you!!
View Jo Berres's Profile Search for other posts by Jo Berres
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 11/10/2013 at 8:04pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Thanks to everyone for your encouraging comments. Praise God this thing is really happening and we get to be alive and part of what God is doing. Thank you Jesus!!!

Ron

View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 11/11/2013 at 8:55am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Bobby Conner:
You Are Anointed For Action!
"Tell My People They Have Purpose – They Have Been Chosen By ME"

God has empowered you! You are anointed for action!

Your mission and mandate? Establishing the Kingdom!

You are chosen by Him and for Him!

Say it out loud right now! "I have a God-given purpose!" You were chosen by Almighty God in eternity past to live in the present, to forge the future (see Ephesians 2:10). You have divine destiny. No one on earth can accomplish what you have been commissioned to do!

It's time to get God's opinion of you; you're essential to His eternal plans and purposes, so become the bold, brave, radiant warrior you are called to be. Arise, lift your head, square your shoulders, walk with confidence and assurance that God is with you. Therefore be radiant and shine bright in this sin-darkened world.

"Tell My People They Have Purpose – They Have Been Chosen By ME, for ME"

Let me convey a strong prophetic encounter. Sound asleep, I was awakened by an exceptionally pleasant voice speaking in my room. The message was articulated with extreme clarity. Upon hearing the words, immense comfort and courage immediately flooded my heart. This word was audible; it was not something I heard in my head or heart – I heard it with my ears.

However, let me be straightforward: I did not see who spoke to me, because when I looked in the direction of the voice, I was suddenly blinded by a bright flash of LIGHT. It was almost as if a strong flash from a camera blinded my eyes. Yet He continued to speak, saying, "Tell My people they have purpose – they have been chosen by ME, for ME." Upon hearing this declaration I was immediately overwhelmed with joy and excitement. Never allow the devil to discourage you again; you have divine purpose! (Photo courtesy: Doug Hanna)

You are divinely prepared to accomplish the task God has assigned you. You can do something no other human being can do. Meditate and ponder this message; believe that you have been chosen by Christ, for Christ, and your life will take on even greater zeal and purpose. Jesus said:

"You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you" (John 15:16).

Your confidence and courage will soar as you understand in greater capacity the depth of these words, "YOU ARE CHOSEN BY CHRIST!" Let these words wash over your soul – they are like refreshing water to the thirsty. You have been chosen by Christ, for Christ; the choice was made before the foundation of the world (see Ephesians 1:4). Knowing this promise will release you from rejection and depression. (Photo Courtesy: AP Photo/Ralph Fresco)

You Can Impact the Nations, the Hurting and the Lost

The goal is to finish the course and to be able to say with all confidence, "I've kept the faith and stayed on course, accomplishing the task set before me" (see 2 Timothy 4:7). It is to that individual Christ will say, "Well done, good and faithful servant" (Matthew 25:21).

God gives us His power for a purpose: the gifts are tools, not toys, and anointing is for action (see Acts 1:8). God releases His anointing on His children for one main purpose: to impact the nations, to bring the hurting and lost to Himself.

During these days of division and confusion, the message of Christ's redemptive love and overwhelming mercy must be heard and heeded.

Bobby Conner
Eagles View Ministries
Email:
manager@bobbyconner.org

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 11/11/2013 at 8:56am
Gayle Getz

Posted: 11/11/2013 at 11:24am | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

TY Jesus! Yes & Amen...\o/...

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 11/17/2013 at 3:42pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version