RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: disapointed with my witnessing Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Pamela Helmick

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08/09/2007 at 7:36pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

I got banned from  board that I was doing ministry work at.   I was banned once and came back under a different screen name.  The moderator figued out it was me told me I could stay if I didn't post anymore religious post.  I try my best not too and only tried to offer good advice for people who were hurting and ministry though pms.  Everyone else was allowed to post on religion but not me.

I was also told I would be ticked if I post anymore bible verses so I didn't.  

My sister in law sent me an email on Bible verses about Iraq in the Bible and there was a verse in the Koran  that said 

Koran ( 9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; 

I decided to post this there because I thought it was ironic that this would be an ancient prophecy of current events of today.  I didn't think I would be ticked for this.  One  of the mods ticked me for posting  religous post ad banned me.

Then I find out that the verse was false and isn't even in the Koran.

I feel bad. I prayed about all this and the Lord asked me, " Did you ever prayed to me and asked me what I wanted you to post?"  I have to say the answer was no.

God did answer my prayers about openin doors so I could go back to be a witness but after being there for about 3 months I have been banned again.  Now I am not able to ministry to he people there.  I feel really discourage about all this.  I could use some encouragment.  There are other Christians at his board so please pray for them.

View Pamela Helmick's Profile Search for other posts by Pamela Helmick
Pamela Helmick

Posted: 08/09/2007 at 7:40pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

The eagle is supose to be the United states.

H Kennedy

Posted: 08/14/2007 at 8:27am | IP Logged Quote H Kennedy

A lot of times the Lord leads us through circumstances - Its Just time to move away from the board. The lord will lead you somewhere else, dont fret

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 08/14/2007 at 7:20pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

yes I am being falsely accursed of pushing religion down everyone's throats and I never try converting anyone.  I always offered good advice and I posted some spiritual topics but not so much on Christianity.  The one mod had a list of my posts leading to a religious topic such as

what is your hobby, happy easter, do animals have souls, have you eve left your body,

I could't figure out how she thought "what is your hobby" could be a religous topic until I realise that I said ," I m crocheting scarfs for Christmas.  I supose the word Christmas made it a religous topic.

If you like to look over my post email me and I will send yu the link.  I like to know from a Christian point of view if I was shoving religion down their throats.

Ilene Wood

Posted: 08/16/2007 at 6:55am | IP Logged Quote Ilene Wood

I was wondering what kind of site it was since there were christians there.  They didn't want the Word?

Anyways, be led by the Spirit, let Him lead you and guide you to where He has for you to be.  Your here!   :D

There are some doors that are closed, and some that open.  Let the Holy Spirit give you the words to speak.  I was once talking with my unbelieving dad, or should I say, he was talking and he said something which I was about to respond to, then I heard the Holy Spirit say,  "Choose your battles wisely."  So, I did not respond to what my dad said, but waited.  He went on to another 'point', and then I heard the Spirit say,  "Now."  So, I spoke up and the conversation turned into a place where the Spirit of the Lord was dealing with my dad about his leaving us when we were kids and his responsibility that he did not take care of!  I was shocked to see what had happened.  His wife said to me later when we were alone that she had not ever seen him cry!  It was the Holy Spirit's dealing.  Some things were said, and we cried and held each other.  Sounds like a real closeness, doesn't it?  It was for that time, but it has been years and my dad still does not like christians and so he does not like what I have become!  But God my Father is still in control and I serve Him.

Don't become discouraged because the Word of God is not accepted;  didn't the Lord say it would be so?  Know that you were persecuted for the right reasons.   :)    I don't like the feel of it either, but, God gets the glory!  Keep right on going with encouraging others with the Word of God!  Don't let the past hold you back!  Keep moving forward with God and He will reward you.  There are others whom you can encourage! 

God bless you!

ilene

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version