Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: The House of Obed-Edom Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Sherry Mason

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08/19/2008 at 11:00am | IP Logged Quote Sherry Mason

I was thinking about the House of Obed-Edom.  Yes, his house was blessed by the presence of the ARK and yes, his family prospered.  But the Ark remaining in Obed-Edom's house was NOT the original intention of David  or of God but in David's desire to bring the Presence of God back to the House of Israel...he COMPROMISED by placing the ARK on a new cart (a man made vehicle) and in that compromise someone died.  ( II Sam 6:7 And the anger of the LORD burned against Uzzah, and God struck him down there for his irreverence; and he died there by the ark of God. )

(Obed-Edom's name means "Worker of Edom" and comes from two words noted in the Strong's as 5647 and 123.  I have included these below.

5647 `abad aw-bad' a primitive root; to work (in any sense); by implication, to serve, till, (causatively) enslave, etc

123 'Edom ed-ome' or (fully) oEdowm {ed-ome'}; from 122; red (see Gen. 25:25); Edom, the elder twin-brother of Jacob; hence the region (Idumaea) occupied by him:--Edom, Edomites, Idumea. )

It could seem a very romantic. desirable thing to be the House of Obed-Edom considering how he prospered because of the Presence of God on the ARK of the COVENANT and it would be easy to want to be of that HOUSE.  But Obed-Edom was about the works of man's hands...the work of the Flesh AND Obed-Edom was a descendant of ESAU who SOLD HIS BIRTHRIGHT.  It was Jacob's descendants who were the sons of the Birthright...the Israelites.

AND THE ARK WAS NOT BUILT FOR THE EDOMITES...IT WAS A VESSEL OF GOD'S PRESENCE AND BELONGED AMONG THE ISRAELITES.  IT WAS NEVER GOD'S WILL FOR THE ARK TO BE IN OBED-EDOM'S HOUSE.

The ONLY reason the ARK was in Obed-Edom's house was because of the compromise and slackness of David in not bringing up the Presence of God the way God ordained it.

It is true in the "church" today that man has done the same thing many times over.  They have tried to bring the Presence of God into the midst of the people using man's methods, done man's way and their actions have been full of compromise and excuses.  And lately we have seen that a few people have gotten "fried" along the way just as UZZAH did. (Uzzah comes from 5798 in the Strongs and is a masculine noun meaning "strength".)  And once again we encounter the flesh, the strength of man in trying to bring in the Presence of God.

I believe that the church "system" in the past few decades IS the House of Obed-Edom.  If you look at it you can see that the strength of man and compromise has riddled the system.  In the past there was some blessing from God's presence but that time is over.  At some point we HAVE to move on and the ARK (Presence) of God must come to whom it is meant for.  Those who are the children of the BIRTHRIGHT (Those who are born of the Spirit of God). 

AND THE PRESENCE OF GOD MUST BE BROUGHT IN WITH NO COMPROMISE AND ACCOMPLISHED COMPLETELY ACCORDING TO THE WILL OF GOD AND NOT BY THE FLESH OF MAN.

Yet...even those who have denounced the system, walking away from it and saying they understand that God wants to do a new thing...still are willing to endure compromise.  And we run here and we run there right smack dab into the midst of the flesh of man and his works thinking we are going to find God there.  I understand the hunger, I understand the longing but I truly have to say that I think it is the fact that God's people are willing to compromise that has kept the fullness of a true move of God from happening among us.  When we stop the compromise and do thing ONLY God's way...we will see the Presence of God restored to our midst.

It took David some time but when he figured out what really went wrong when they were bringing the Ark up...then he was able to go and bring in God's presence.  I am sure he had to humble himself in the process.  It is arrogance to think that we can carry God's presence in any kind of vehicle that is man made no matter how we romanticize it.

Sherry Mason

View Sherry Mason's Profile Search for other posts by Sherry Mason
Susan Reddick

Posted: 08/19/2008 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote Susan Reddick

Your post is total confirmation of what I believe God has been putting on my heart about the church in general and the Lakeland issue.  Thank you so much!

View Susan Reddick's Profile Search for other posts by Susan Reddick
Susan Boje

Posted: 08/19/2008 at 1:54pm | IP Logged Quote Susan Boje

I totally agree!  Amen
View Susan Boje's Profile Search for other posts by Susan Boje
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 04/03/2009 at 5:26am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Re-up

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
RoxanneBarrett

Posted: 04/03/2009 at 6:57am | IP Logged Quote RoxanneBarrett

Yes!  This is so true!! As I was reading the part about the longing in people, I heard:  The longing should be directed to Me, the Lord. 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version