Author
David Hood

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09/12/2010 at 1:42pm | IP Logged Quote David Hood

Making bricks from straw.

Satan seeks to WEAR DOWN the Saints

And to ONCE AGAIN - stretch out His hand to VEX certain of the Church

This word below was written maybe 5 years ago

But recent troubles amongst friends I know - has raised it once more to bear witness in this CURRENT time

Added to this are the two references to the wearing down and vexing - but in the wearing down God supplies, supports, stands alongside personally and upholds- and seeks to give vision of ones place and purpose. In the stretching out of Satanfs hand - the lord also - responds to the cry - Act 4:30 Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus."

Ex 5:1-19

Whilst in prayer, my mind was called to the passage in Exodus, where the children of Israel were forced to gather their own material for making bricks for Pharaos building projects. It more or less meant that they had to make the same quota of bricks, having less materials and less time to make them in, due to the extra time needed to gather materials to match their need. This is what I believe the Lord will say and add to you now - if you like - a wearing down.

But I believe the Lord would say - I am the straw of your bricks.

He showed me that Jesus himself can be likened to a single straw of corn, standing alongside and himself rooted in the field and harvest of man, rooted in your ground, next to and amongst YOU, ALL

He says - I am a single straw in your harvest; I have stood with you and faced the blowing in your wind. I have stood in your rain and your darkness of night and the dryness of your drought. I have known the bowing down of your head as you have faced and still face the onslaught of the elements. I have felt the burning upon you from your sky, even from the highest height and utmost heat as it has scorched you, where you lay and stand. I have felt the heat of the burning of the stubble at the scorching of man and sin, as you have lay cut in your fields. I too have felt and still feel when you have been trampled on, and pressed and squashed and threshed and winnowed at the hands of and underneath the feet of men. I to know what it is like to be torn apart and shredded, so that you do not resemble what you were before. I have known what you have known and you also know what I have known. They did it to me; they will do it and have done it to you. But what you do for the least of one of these my little ones, you do unto me, you do to me and is done for me. For me in my suffering, for me in my glory. For whenever and wherever you suffer for me, I suffer with you and my glory and my pride in you, rests upon you and overshadows you.

- Despite the hardships of Pharaoh, I did not fail them THEN and I will not fail you NOW, my children

He showed me that God hardened Pharaohs heart to show Israel that it was not a man that set them free, not the world of man., but God and Gods man Alone. God did it then He can and will do it now. The Pharaohs of this world cause us hardship so that we might be defeated and cease from Gods work. He does not want us to enter into Gods rest, but into a prison he would make for us. But God in Jesus still has His rest for us. He is concerned about us and not just our work. For though the devil is angry, God uses it that we might find and enter into Gods rest for us and complete the work He has called forth in us to do. He continued- and He did so by seeing and showing us as a sturdy field of corn covering the heights and slopes of every valley and every viewpoint.

- I will add to your need. I will multiply. I will cause it gain and not loss, for I am your need and I am its gain. I am its source and I will rise again in your day and set again in your night. I will surpass every yield and cover every field. Every slope with the bounty of my field. My corn will be gathered and my corn will be ground and my storehouses will be full of my grain, grain for you and bread for the desolate, arid and barren world. I will crown my crop with the bounty of my grace and the mercy of my love

- And where there is no straw, I will be your yield and I will be your field and your fullness and your harvest unto you. Fear not little flock, fear not little yet great field, it is the Fathers pleasure to give you the kingdom. And I will comfort, strengthen you and water you and your soil when they are in need , for not only are you my harvest, my yield and my field but you are also this to a hungry and thirsty world in the field of my Earth. I to am a God who hungers and thirsts for you, you, the Crop of My Heaven but also the Yield of My Son -  He continued-

-In the midst of blight, in the midst of storm, in the midst of destruction, you are My Children. You are my Light and Bright seed in the midst of darkness. So rise, stand for me, and hold your heads up high, waving and swaying together under the wind of my grace. Stand proud, stand tall shoulder to shoulder, let the full ear fall, let it all fall, let it all come my field, my corn, from the tip of your ear to the root of your field. Come, come gather together, shoulder to shoulder, wave and sway in your unison, gather together in your ripeness as you display the field of my glory, the field of my love, lightening up the darkness and lightening up the night. Strength, strength, strength from Me, standing in My strength. I am your strength for My Love has been spent. I am your yield for you are My Fieldand I,  I am the Straw of Your Bricks

Edited by David Hood on 09/13/2010 at 1:28am
View David Hood's Profile Search for other posts by David Hood
Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 09/12/2010 at 3:32pm | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

While that is true, the enemy is right now reminded that whatever they sow against the saints, they will also reap.  If they sow fear, they will reap fear.  So if they sow trying to wear down the saints, they will reap that many times over.  Whatever they do against us, they will reap greatly in return.  The enemy is about to experience the worst season of reaping they have ever known, as Psalm 149 is fulfilled in our generation.

Psalm 149

1 Praise the LORD. [a]
       Sing to the LORD a new song,
       his praise in the assembly of the saints.

2 Let Israel rejoice in their Maker;
       let the people of Zion be glad in their King.

3 Let them praise his name with dancing
       and make music to him with tambourine and harp.

4 For the LORD takes delight in his people;
       he crowns the humble with salvation.

5 Let the saints rejoice in this honor
       and sing for joy on their beds.

6 May the praise of God be in their mouths
       and a double-edged sword in their hands,

7 to inflict vengeance on the nations
       and punishment on the peoples,

8 to bind their kings with fetters,
       their nobles with shackles of iron,

9 to carry out the sentence written against them.
       This is the glory of all his saints.
       Praise the LORD.

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 09/12/2010 at 3:33pm

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.
View Jeffrey Stewart's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffrey Stewart Visit Jeffrey Stewart's Homepage
Michele Hay

Posted: 09/12/2010 at 6:05pm | IP Logged Quote Michele Hay

Thank you David...I heard the Lord speaking so tenderly through this...

such a promise...that He is ours and we are His...reward.

The Lord speaks to those of His who have been pressed out of measure...

and says...'You are my reward...and I...am yours."

"I am your yield...for you are my field."

And when you are 'pressed out of measure'...

"I am straw...for your bricks."

michele

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version