Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: God’s Blessings On The Other Side Of The Open Door Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Becky Porter

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02/12/2013 at 10:03am | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

God's Blessings On The Other Side Of The Open Door

By Becky Porter

As I drove up the driveway to our house in the country, I noticed something dark that stood out against the contrast of the white porch, and as I drew closer to the house I quickly realized it was a snake!

It was quite interesting because the snake had interwoven its body in and out of 5 or 6 of the two-by-fours on our porch, positioning its head right next to the framed doorway, or "open door" that I had to go through to get to the package that Fed Ex had dropped off for my husband!

At my approach the snake stiffened its body, and was somehow able to change its shape to appear as a stick, with many ridges and crooked angles running the full length of its body!

I knew with certainty that I was looking at a black snake, but it remained perfectly immobile, even though I was making noise and trying to scare it! It caused me to do a "double take" to make sure I was not imagining what I was seeing, for I had never seen a snake remain so motionless and hold its body in such a rigid and crooked fashion, completely changing its shape and appearance - it was quite fascinating! I got as close as I could safely get (without it "getting" me), and I stared intently at the snake, amused that it actually thought I could not see it!

I really needed to get to the package my husband had been looking and waiting for, so I finally grabbed a small rock and threw it near the snake, but still it did not move or even flinch. I threw a second rock, with the same lack of response.

I then grabbed a very tiny rock and tossed it gently so it would barely touch the snake - just enough to scare it without injuring it. As soon as the tiny rock came in contact with the snake, it immediately jerked its head in a very startled fashion, revealing its true identity as it began to move and untangle its body from the two-by-fours of the porch!

I knew the experience held prophetic significance, and as I wondered about the meaning, this is what came to mind...

God has wonderful blessings for us on the other side of the "Open Door", but we have to remember that just as there were giants in the Promised Land that had to be fought and overcome, so, too, the enemy hovers right next to the open door - trying to intimidate us and cause us to get discouraged and walk away, thus leaving our blessings behind - unopened and untouched. But it is when we take the Rock of the Word of God's truth and make direct contact with the lies and accusations of the enemy, that he quickly recoils and slithers away!

I took special note of the fact that the snake was trying very hard not to be detected as it tried to disguise itself as an ordinary and harmless stick, when in reality snakes have a very painful and sometimes deadly bite! Just like that snake, the enemy hides himself in much the same way by cloaking himself in a disguise of discouragement, defeat, guilt, shame, condemnation, hopelessness and despair, causing us to believe there is no way out of the deep, dark pit we find ourselves in. I have noticed that it seems when we are feeling the most discouraged; often we are only a step or two away from our breakthrough!

I have heard it said that this is the year of the open door. God has amazing blessings in store for us if we will go through the open door He has placed before us and if we will enter into the Promised Land He has prepared for us. We must not back down or step aside, but we need to press in and grab hold of what is rightfully ours - our freedom, our healing, our deliverance and our destiny! Just like the package on the porch of my home - God has our name on the gifts He has already delivered to us and He is waiting for us to come and get them!

Some of us have been battling difficult circumstances for such a long time that we have grown weary and begun to believe the lie, (that others may enter, but the Promised Land is beyond our reach), but don't believe that lie, for there is a Promised Land for each one of us. Jeremiah 29:11 states: "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

God will give you the land you are courageous enough to enter, and He will part the Jordan River for you when you put your feet in!

Joshua 1:9 NIV

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Joshua 1:3 NIV

"I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses."

Joshua 3:15-16a NIV

Now the Jordan is at flood stage all during harvest. Yet as soon as the priests who carried the ark reached the Jordan and their feet touched the water's edge, the water from upstream stopped flowing.

James 1:17 NIV

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Philippians 1:6 NIV

Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Becky Porter

lovetoencourage@yahoo.com

View Becky Porter's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Porter
Quo Wright

Posted: 02/12/2013 at 10:22am | IP Logged Quote Quo Wright

Thank you Becky for posting this.  It's funny that I had the very same experience with a snake last year. When I approached it, it stiffened itself to appear as a stick and even when I moved it, it was stiff.  But then I walked away to get something to move it and as I was coming back I saw it trying to crawl away.  It crawled into the bushes but later on that day I saw that the snake had made it's way out into the open and someone had killed it.  This is definitely not a coincidence.  Father is showing us how the enemy works and the power we have over him.  I'm sensing in my spirit that there are snakes around me and it's just as you said that it's because we're at the door of our promise.  I'm at a place of waiting and in this position many will turn back because they can't hear Father clearly.  But I know this is not the time to turn back.  Just wait on Him, sometimes it's just a test of our patience and endurance.  So don't be discouraged.  Worship Father and give Him praise, stay close to Him during this time.  He is bringing us out.  And remember His promises.....THEY DO NOT CHANGE! Sometimes our emotions get in the way and I remember Him telling me that it's not what it seems like, it's not what it feels like, it's not what sounds like and it's not what it looks like....it's what He said.  Hold on to the Truth of His Word because it's only Truth that makes us free.

Thank you my sweet sister,

Quo

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Ps 51:10
View Quo Wright's Profile Search for other posts by Quo Wright
Becky Porter

Posted: 02/12/2013 at 11:07am | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

Hi Quo,

Wow, that is so interesting that you had the same experience!  I did not realize snakes could even make their bodies go into a different shape like that, so it really surprised me when I saw the snake transform its body! 

Amen - I agree with everything you said - you are right on Quo!

Thank you so much for sharing - you blessed us! 

Becky
Gayle Getz

Posted: 02/12/2013 at 1:53pm | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

This blessed me too-blessing to you, Becky...  Had an experience of a snake crawling up and laying stretched out 'as if it were a stick' on the edge of siding just above the outside water facet,,,did not see it til I reached into turn on the water,,,I thought how very 'sneaky' and just like the nature of the 'snake'...decided to let my Hubby deal with it ,,, but later on that day when he went to 'deal' with the snake it was gone. Yes indeed, Quo, we are 'right at the door of our promise.' Just keep walkin' by faith-feed your faith and starve the doubt out!  Love you ALL,,,prayin' praisin', givin' thanks, rejoicin', dancin'  \o/

Quo Wright

Posted: 02/12/2013 at 2:57pm | IP Logged Quote Quo Wright

Yes feeding my faith and starving all doubt with the
truth. This is good food right here. It reminded me of
another instance with a snake last year. My neighbor saw
it and was telling me to roll over it with my truck. I
declare every time I rolled over it she said the snake
would flatten itself so that I couldn't roll over it. So
she said ok, after trying at least four times and went
and got a big rock and killed it. We were both amazed but
Father is teaching us. I don't know about ya'll but does
it seem to you that the snakes are responding based on
what's going on in the spirit? It thought it had power
but we're now realizing our power in Christ and is rising
up. What we see in the natural is a result of what's
happening in the spirit. The victim is becoming the
victor!! Things are being reversed and earth is coming
into alignment with heaven....crooked paths are becoming
straight. What has gone wrong is being made right.
We're recovering our lost dominion. I see God moving by
His Spirit!!!! Yes Lord! Gettin happy over here!

Gayle Getz

Posted: 02/13/2013 at 12:16am | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

Yes & amen to what you shared here-RESTORATION-GOD'S KINGDOM IS MANIFESTING, HIS WILL IS BEIN' DONE!,,,\o/,,,i'm into dancin', singin', thankin', praisin' Him more today then yesterday,,,and lookin' forward to bein' more like Jesus tomorrow!

Colleen Philip

Posted: 02/13/2013 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote Colleen Philip

Hi Becky, thanks for posting this.  I was one of those discouraged ones the last few days...in fact, to the point avoiding Father due to discouragement & those old lies.  I knew I needed to spend time but I felt like such a disappointment to Him...again!  This is a timely word for me too.  This morning I woke from a dream, remembering some bits of it.  I was at a farm & new owners wanted to use the land which was covered with old tree stumps.  The directive was to have them cleared within the next 24 hours.  Looking out at the fields dotted with them I didn't think it could be done.  There was a strong young man out there with a pole & shovel & he appeared to be able to dig them up quite easily, but still there were so many...that was all I remembered.  I had intended on coming to Father later tonight, to make things right with Him but mid afternoon I just sensed Holy Spirit & I found myself apologizing & just spent the next hour in His presence, believing He is able to do any adjustments in me that are needed.  When I was reminded of that dream again it hit me that those old stumps were moved so easily because like the trunks themselves, the roots were also gone.  These were just stumps sitting buried in the soil, but there were no roots holding them down so they could be removed fairly easily.  What does this have to do with your word?  I think that like you said, the enemy is by the open doors before us, trying to hold us back with the same old lies, the same old strongholds.  But, Father has done a deep work within us over these years of wilderness wanderings & so those old lies remaining within us, trying to keep us out have no roots!!  They have been eaten away by His truth & He is busy clearing the land of these old stumps within us to make it ready to use!  And quickly!  He has indeed begun that good work & He is faithful to continue it for His Good Purposes!!  Thank You Father for Your Faithfulness, despite our weaknesses & the plantings of the enemy in our lives, that You have destroyed those roots & You are preparing us for those Good Purposes You've willed for us to do!!  Bless You for Your Great Great Love!!

Owe no man anything but love, carry no offences as Jesus did, & live righteously by giving generously with no strings!
"In Him we live, move, & have our being"...Amen!
View Colleen Philip's Profile Search for other posts by Colleen Philip
Quo Wright

Posted: 02/13/2013 at 5:27pm | IP Logged Quote Quo Wright

This is a good word Colleen. You're exactly right that
satan comes with the same old lies as I saw this just
yesterday. I sensed in my spirit Father saying that the
reason he comes with the same old stuff because during
our wilderness we've been covered and protected and satan
didn't know where we were so as Father is bringing us out
we're more mature and now we see the traps and lies more
clearly. We still must trust Father and stay close to
Him as he continues to lead and guide us into all Truth.
Be encouraged my sister because you're definitely
breakingthrough and coming out!

Love you
Quo

DAVID MACDONALD

Posted: 02/14/2013 at 6:39am | IP Logged Quote DAVID MACDONALD

Hi Becky,

Thanks for your encouragement once again. I can identify so much with your words. recently have been involved in organising prayer for revival in our city and feel that the enemy is seeking to discourage through his lies. Thanks Becky

Becky Porter

Posted: 02/14/2013 at 7:46am | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

Gayle Getz wrote:
This blessed me too-blessing to you, Becky...  Had an experience of a snake crawling up and laying stretched out 'as if it were a stick' on the edge of siding just above the outside water facet,,,did not see it til I reached into turn on the water,,,I thought how very 'sneaky' and just like the nature of the 'snake'...decided to let my Hubby deal with it ,,, but later on that day when he went to 'deal' with the snake it was gone. Yes indeed, Quo, we are 'right at the door of our promise.' Just keep walkin' by faith-feed your faith and starve the doubt out!  Love you ALL,,,prayin' praisin', givin' thanks, rejoicin', dancin'  \o/

Hi precious Gayle!  I am always encouraged when you share - you are so bubbly and full of faith! 

That is amazing that you had the same experience - wow!  Yes, I truly believe that we are at the door of our promises!

I love and appreciate you Gayle!

Becky
Becky Porter

Posted: 02/14/2013 at 7:51am | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

Quo Wright wrote:
Yes feeding my faith and starving all doubt with the
truth. This is good food right here. It reminded me of
another instance with a snake last year. My neighbor saw
it and was telling me to roll over it with my truck. I
declare every time I rolled over it she said the snake
would flatten itself so that I couldn't roll over it. So
she said ok, after trying at least four times and went
and got a big rock and killed it. We were both amazed but
Father is teaching us. I don't know about ya'll but does
it seem to you that the snakes are responding based on
what's going on in the spirit? It thought it had power
but we're now realizing our power in Christ and is rising
up. What we see in the natural is a result of what's
happening in the spirit. The victim is becoming the
victor!! Things are being reversed and earth is coming
into alignment with heaven....crooked paths are becoming
straight. What has gone wrong is being made right.
We're recovering our lost dominion. I see God moving by
His Spirit!!!! Yes Lord! Gettin happy over here!

Yes, preach it Quo!    All that you said is so true!  The victim is becoming the victor!  Things are being reversed and earth is coming into alignment with heaven.  We are recovering our lost dominion!  Praise God!  I am getting so encouraged and fired up as I read all of your responses!  What a blessing you all are, I truly thank the Lord for you!

Thank you so much for sharing Quo!

Love you!

Becky
Becky Porter

Posted: 02/14/2013 at 7:58am | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

Colleen Philip wrote:
Hi Becky, thanks for posting this.  I was one of those discouraged ones the last few days...in fact, to the point avoiding Father due to discouragement & those old lies.  I knew I needed to spend time but I felt like such a disappointment to Him...again!  This is a timely word for me too.  This morning I woke from a dream, remembering some bits of it.  I was at a farm & new owners wanted to use the land which was covered with old tree stumps.  The directive was to have them cleared within the next 24 hours.  Looking out at the fields dotted with them I didn't think it could be done.  There was a strong young man out there with a pole & shovel & he appeared to be able to dig them up quite easily, but still there were so many...that was all I remembered.  I had intended on coming to Father later tonight, to make things right with Him but mid afternoon I just sensed Holy Spirit & I found myself apologizing & just spent the next hour in His presence, believing He is able to do any adjustments in me that are needed.  When I was reminded of that dream again it hit me that those old stumps were moved so easily because like the trunks themselves, the roots were also gone.  These were just stumps sitting buried in the soil, but there were no roots holding them down so they could be removed fairly easily.  What does this have to do with your word?  I think that like you said, the enemy is by the open doors before us, trying to hold us back with the same old lies, the same old strongholds.  But, Father has done a deep work within us over these years of wilderness wanderings & so those old lies remaining within us, trying to keep us out have no roots!!  They have been eaten away by His truth & He is busy clearing the land of these old stumps within us to make it ready to use!  And quickly!  He has indeed begun that good work & He is faithful to continue it for His Good Purposes!!  Thank You Father for Your Faithfulness, despite our weaknesses & the plantings of the enemy in our lives, that You have destroyed those roots & You are preparing us for those Good Purposes You've willed for us to do!!  Bless You for Your Great Great Love!!

I love all that you shared Colleen - what a beautiful analogy of what God has done for us!  Yes, He is indeed so VERY faithful, and He has destroyed those roots, and He is in the process of clearing away the stumps and the debris that have hindered us and held us back from His fullness! 

Thank you so much for sharing - your prophetic dream is very encouraging, and it vividly brings to life the work that God is doing in each of us!

Much love to you Colleen!

Becky
Becky Porter

Posted: 02/14/2013 at 8:03am | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

DAVID MACDONALD wrote:

Hi Becky,

Thanks for your encouragement once again. I can identify so much with your words. recently have been involved in organising prayer for revival in our city and feel that the enemy is seeking to discourage through his lies. Thanks Becky

Hi David,

Yes, do not listen to those lies, and KNOW that your prayers have been much more effective than you realize, and you SHALL see the fruit, the harvest, and the reward for your labor! 

God bless you David - thank you so much for sharing!  I sense breakthrough and blessings are headed your way! 

Becky

Colleen Philip

Posted: 02/14/2013 at 7:03pm | IP Logged Quote Colleen Philip

Hi Quo & Becky, thanks for your encouragement!  It means a lot, especially at this critical time.  I'm so thankful that He is able to show us the enemy's tactics & we can see them more clearly...sometimes they still work to temporarily move us off course from focusing on His heart, but He is faithful to return us to that place of hiddenness & rest in Him.  I think what you said Quo is so valid...we've been hidden in Father under His protection & the enemy hasn't seen the changes or the work below the surface He's done in us so the enemy tries the same old tricks, believing they still have us held in bondage.  But, Father is so good, & He's gotten at the roots, removed them, set us free, matured us & allowed us to see the enemy more clearly...like your snakes!  Can't be fooled by the old 'act like a twig' strategy!  :)  

Let's continue encouraging each other until we're all on the other side! 

You too David, keep pressing through, may Father's will be clearly shown to your group & may you all bring the Victory of His Kingdom to bear upon your community & beyond!

Owe no man anything but love, carry no offences as Jesus did, & live righteously by giving generously with no strings!
"In Him we live, move, & have our being"...Amen!
View Colleen Philip's Profile Search for other posts by Colleen Philip

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version