Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10/13/2010 at 2:48pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

The Last Trip Home

By Ron McGatlin

… and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Barbara and I are praying for the Lord’s provision to make a trip to Texas to be with much of my family for Thanksgiving this year. This for me is a trip back to the places of my roots where I spent most of my life and an opportunity to see many of my 34 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren that I have not seen for years and some that I have never met in person.

As emotionally rewarding and nostalgic as this great gathering does promises to be, it is not a trip home for me.

I am reminded of the words of an old song that begins with, “This world is not my home: I’m just a-passing through,” and ends with, “I can’t feel at home in this world any more.”

While I do feel greatly at home in this world knowing that God is bringing forth His presence and maturing His sons to restore the kingdoms of this world to the kingdom of our God, I truly abide in the spiritual reality of my home in Christ Jesus. Permanently seated with Him in my heavenly home causes all of life to be as a journey always moving toward the fulfillment of the eternal rest that already now abides in me. In the Spirit, I am in rest at home in the presence of God here in this life.

We are greatly blessed to be a part of the generations that have received the promises of old which the faithful saw afar off but did not experience in their time prior to the cross. We also are a part of a generation that is becoming aware of the reality of the promises of being seated with Christ and Christ in us bringing the kingdom of God within us and flowing out to the world around us.

On this side of the cross and the resurrection, ascension, and return of Christ Jesus in the Holy Spirit to abide with us and in us, we have the potential to experience what Abraham and all the patriarchs of old could only embraced from afar.

Heb 11:13:  These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Heb 11:16:  But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.

Probably most believers in the past and many yet today experience little if any of the reality of their heavenly life seated with Christ Jesus at the throne of God. The presence of God with us and in us is the potential for living godly lives and accomplishing mighty works of Christ. The reality of Christ in us bringing forth the kingdom of God from heaven is the potential for limitless and boundless life on earth causing the kingdoms of this world to become the kingdoms of our God.

Inexhaustible Kingdom

When we begin to think we know all about the kingdom of God, He reveals more. Our finite minds cannot fully grasp the concept of limitlessness and boundless living. Everything about natural life as we know it has limits. All natural things on earth have their limited dimensions and time or season. Every living thing in which is the breath of life has its limited strengths and abilities.

The created order and boundaries of the natural realm are set by Spirit God from the heavenly or spiritual realm. That which is called the kingdom of God or kingdom of heaven is the completely unlimited divine governmental order.

The potential provisions of supernatural power, wisdom, understanding, love, righteousness, peace, joy, and all things pertaining to life and godliness are inexhaustible in the kingdom of God. There is no end or limit to the potential of God to provide or alter anything in the natural realm. There is no force or power that can limit or prevent God in any realm of natural existence. Only God can limit Himself in providing or changing anything in the natural world

All of the kingdom of God potential is conditionally available to all mankind. Created in the image and likeness of God, human beings were originally made and now through Christ Jesus completely restored with the capacity to bring forth the kingdom of God potential to govern the abundant natural resources of Planet Earth.

Every tribe, city, or nation has the conditional potential to bring forth and experience the kingdom of God on earth. Collectively the nations of the world have this same God-desired conditional potential to bring forth the kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven. Christ Jesus in whom all the fullness of God dwells has fully redeemed the potential and is the way of the kingdom of God on earth.

AMERICA AND ALL NATIONS OF THE WORLD, YOUR STRENGTH IS IN THE ONE TRUE GOD.

The immeasurable inexhaustible strength of the kingdom of God will never be defeated and will never stop moving toward fulfillment in the world working through any nation that is truly set apart to God.

Psa 33:11-12:  The counsel of the LORD stands forever, The plans of His heart to all generations. Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, The people He has chosen as His own inheritance.

Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net   

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 10/14/2010 at 1:25pm
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
David Whitehill

Posted: 10/13/2010 at 3:44pm | IP Logged Quote David Whitehill

Bless you Ron! I love what you say here!

Yes, thy kingdom come Lord even IN US as it is in Heaven!

Ron McGatlin wrote:

Probably most believers in the past and many yet today experience little if any of the reality of their heavenly life seated with Christ Jesus at the throne of God. The presence of God with us and in us is the potential for living godly lives and accomplishing mighty works of Christ. The reality of Christ in us bringing forth the kingdom of God from heaven is the potential for limitless and boundless life on earth causing the kingdoms of this world to become the kingdoms of our God.

. . .

The potential provisions of supernatural power, wisdom, understanding, love, righteousness, peace, joy and all things pertaining to life and godliness are inexhaustible in the kingdom of God. There is no end or limit to the potential of God to provide or alter anything in the natural realm. There is no force or power that can limit or prevent God in any realm of natural existence. Only God can limit Himself in providing or changing anything in the natural world

Thank you Ron!

View David Whitehill's Profile Search for other posts by David Whitehill
Gayle Getz

Posted: 10/13/2010 at 8:47pm | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

A hearty AMEN to this post-"AMERICA AND ALL NATIONS OF THE WORLD YOUR STRENGTH IS IN THE ONE TRUE GOD"... HOLY SPIRIT gave me instruction to prophesy into America and ALL Nations, "Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of HIS might." YEAH GOD!!!

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 10/14/2010 at 12:33pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

AMERICA AND ALL NATIONS OF THE WORLD YOUR STRENGTH IS IN THE ONE TRUE GOD.

YES RON AMEN...May the Lord provide in abundance for your trip..

THIS WORLD IS NOT MY HOME!!!!

Edited by Lyn McSweeney on 10/14/2010 at 12:34pm

Deanna Harris

Posted: 10/15/2010 at 11:25am | IP Logged Quote Deanna Harris

Yes, Lyn, I agree with you that the Lord will supply all he needs for his trip in Jesus name
View Deanna Harris's Profile Search for other posts by Deanna Harris
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10/16/2010 at 6:32am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Thanks David, Gayle, Lyn and Deanna for your responses and agreements. You are a great encouragement to me.

All redeemed children of God will make that last journey home to be forever with the Lord. We anticipate that final trip home more keenly as we grow nearer the time of it. We can easily recognize that we have already experienced some things for the last time that are available only at a younger age. We also recognize as we experience events occurring in our lives now that for some of the things we do it may very well be the last time we will ever do them.

I feel nothing morbid about this but rather a desire to intensely experience the fullness of all God has planned in every situation. Every moment and in each event I want to impart all the love and life of God that I possibly can and never leave words unsaid that can impart the will of God to those I encounter. I desire to give and to receive all of God that I can from every encounter.

Much love and respect,

Ron

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 10/16/2010 at 6:32am
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Stacey Yerian
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 10/16/2010 at 7:15am | IP Logged Quote Stacey Yerian

Ron McGatlin wrote:
Barbara and I are praying for the Lord’s provision to make a trip to Texas to be with much of my family for Thanksgiving this year.

Lord we agree with Ron and Barb for your provision for them regarding this trip.  You are so faithful to your Word as PROVIDER.  You always meet every need and more so that we have an ABUNDANCE TO GIVE UNTO EVERY GOOD WORK.  MULTIPLY the seeds they have sown in good soil in obedience to Your Word and by your Spirit in the Name of Jesus Christ.  As they have given so it will be given unto them, good measure, pressed down, shaken together and RUNNING OVER.

View Stacey Yerian's Profile Search for other posts by Stacey Yerian
Bill Evans

Posted: 10/16/2010 at 7:37am | IP Logged Quote Bill Evans

I agree also in Jesus name Amen

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version